Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Law Cheetah posted:

i dont get how they came back to life. how did they come back to life. im not following this. didnt tommyrod get eaten by hair? whats happening. are they good guys now???

Joa called them forth so they're definitely the enemy.

brotato posted:

God? drat.

Good thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AtomikKrab posted:

WHERE IS THE TOMMYROD MEMORIAL

I feel the op needs it.

Ah, memories...

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I didn't mean what I said before. Comics should be dumb and if a character is awesome they should come back from the dead as many times as necessary. This is especially true for the most bonkers shonen toriko.

What I am curious about is how characters that got stomped years back are going to be a challenge to any of the four kings?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Joa called them forth so they're definitely the enemy.

Joa called forth Dores, Kuromado and Niceny.

You can clearly see Tommorod coming from Sani's hair and Grinpatch came from Coco's Poison. I guess they are "good" guys now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mulderman posted:

You can clearly see Tommorod coming from Sani's hair and Grinpatch came from Coco's Poison. I guess they are "good" guys now.

I mean the line between good and bad shifted a lot with the introduction of Joa/NEO. Even though the Bishokukai were the bad guys beforehand, in the end they fall pretty firmly on the "don't just let Neo consume all life in the universe" camp

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mulderman posted:

Oh I see, I just figured they escaped when Joa summoned them.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

With the hair stuff, I believe it was mentioned in an earlier chapter concerning Sunni's food demon. The hair contains the memories of whatever it ate I think so it could reproduce them at a later time.

It's been mentioned before and we've even gotten glimpses of these guys inside Sunny's "hair space".

Looks like a combo of Sunny keeping them locked up and Coco getting them hooked on drugs. Grin is visibly getting the shakes and asking for more poison.

Spidder fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 27, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Oh I see, I just figured they escaped when Joa summoned them.

Nah, Sunny specifically said that they don't have time to deal with the small fry showing up, so he spit out Tommyrod and Coco summoned Grinpatch.

Spidder posted:

It's been mentioned before and we've even gotten glimpses of these guys inside Sunny's "hair space".

Looks like a combo of Sunny keeping them locked up and Coco getting them hooked on drugs. Grin is visibly getting the shakes and asking for more poison.

Tommyrod and Grinpatch are separate. Tommy was eaten by Coco's hair and, yeah, we've seen him before, but Grinpatch (and some random monsters we've seen) have apparently been stalking Coco or something because of his poison. I dunno, it's not clear where they came from, but only Tommyrod was eaten by Sunny.

Unrelated, man, Komatsu must be cramped inside of God, given how much that thing's eating. Though given Joa's reaction he might be cooking it from within, so, who knows how that thing works.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The writing/pacing in Toriko is basically summed up as [Mashes Action Figures Together Furiously]

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope this whole manga has just been a very long setup to make a frog legs taste like chicken joke.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Green Intern posted:

The writing/pacing in Toriko is basically summed up as [Mashes Action Figures Together Furiously]

And it is wonderful.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's kinda hosed up how Coco has Grimpatch completely hooked on his poison and can force him to submit by feeding his addiction.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mulderman posted:

It's kinda hosed up how Coco has Grimpatch completely hooked on his poison and can force him to submit by feeding his addiction.

sunny's hair just vomited up a dude it ate

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

And they're the good guys. I love this loving manga.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Smugness at being right that tommyrod would return.

:getin:

This will be glorious.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Not sure how anyone is surprised after seeing him puke up toriko's arm earlier.

I guess sunny is basically Alucard from Hellsing now?

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I hope this whole manga has just been a very long setup to make a frog legs taste like chicken joke.

I think God works as a punchline all by itself, because of course God in a manga about eating is a frog, the animal most famous for having a large tongue.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Not sure how anyone is surprised after seeing him puke up toriko's arm earlier.

I guess sunny is basically Alucard from Hellsing now?

I'm not surprised, I just interpreted the scene incorrectly, which is something I do quite often.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

http://readms.com/r/toriko/373/3446/1

New Toriko

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Toriko doing worse than bleach in SJ :(

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Pangea being an acronym is pretty great to me.

How do you stop the thing that eats everything?
You eat it, of course.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 3, 2016

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Nahxela posted:

How do you stop the thing that eats everything?
You eat it, of course.

You eat it for the Meat Course!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I love this manga.

Oh, you're a walking universal armageddon? I'lll just eat you up and put you on my favorites menu.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nahxela posted:

I want to say someone brought it up before, but drat it still blew my mind.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What's the point of putting something on your full course that you can only eat once? His full course will be forever uncompleteable after he eats Neo.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Gourmet Demons don't seem to be able to truly die. They just come back in one form or another after laying dormant in gourmet cells or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah but didn't it take Neo like a million years to revive?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Toriko's gone full blown cannibal. It was only a matter of time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cuchulain posted:

Toriko's gone full blown cannibal. It was only a matter of time.

He has to catch up with Sunny; Toriko can't not be the best at everything that isn't someone else's narrow specialty (sometimes even that) or cooking.

Also I love the reactions his demons are having to this. Red is exasperated, and Blue is completely losing his poo poo laughing.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
I love how bummed out Red Oni seems about the whole thing. Like, "Really, we're doing this now?".

you get the feeling he preferred it back when they were hunting jewel meat and bird eggs

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 3, 2016

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

I was wavering on Toriko, but then the dial went back to hilarious.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Never having watched/read this, is it worth checking out the anime and then moving onto the manga, or if the anime adaptation bad/too slow and I should just start with the manga?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh yeah? Well gently caress you, I'm gonna eat you right back!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Never having watched/read this, is it worth checking out the anime and then moving onto the manga, or if the anime adaptation bad/too slow and I should just start with the manga?

Just read the manga, there's nothing really good aside from the intro where the narrator talks about the Gourmet Age and mentions a bunch of weird ingredients.. On plot you get some mediocre filler arcs, an annoying reporter lady who was added for no reason, and a terrible terrible ending to the anime where Toriko turns into a troll doll or something

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
lol even now toriko's like "i dont really have anything against you" to neo. he just thinks he's gonna taste really good

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I love this manga. So much.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hey man if there's one thing that Toriko understands, it's wanting to eat things. Neo didn't choose to be a ravenous, all-consuming monster. It just kinda happened.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Pangaea thing got me good.

I love everything about what is happening now.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Shugojin posted:

Just read the manga, there's nothing really good aside from the intro where the narrator talks about the Gourmet Age and mentions a bunch of weird ingredients.. On plot you get some mediocre filler arcs, an annoying reporter lady who was added for no reason, and a terrible terrible ending to the anime where Toriko turns into a troll doll or something

The anime intros are SO good bit yeah most everything about it is notably worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I enjoyed watching the anime, because it helps me imagine what the characters sound/act like in the manga. I really enjoyed the voice acting in the anime, as well as all of the crazy good looking food.

• Locked thread