Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I still believe in All Might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I believe in Helck.... I mean All Might. Yeah, All Might.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all might's a cool guy

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I believe in Helck.... I mean All Might. Yeah, All Might.

I believe in All MightXHelk

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

All Might thinking he still has stuff to teach Deku feels like it's giving him some plot armor, at least in terms of him dying. It looks like he's done with the active hero thing after this though. AfO underestimating him (and also revealing he know's Deku's identity as the next OfA user) might mean he gets done in on the other hand.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Decided that since the anime's so good, I wanted to re-read the manga. Currently up to Chapter 31. I had forgotten just how great this is.

Somehow when he came in 1st in the Obstacle Course and his mom was watching and cheering him on really made me smile more than the rest of it.

khy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 2, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Radish posted:

All Might thinking he still has stuff to teach Deku feels like it's giving him some plot armor, at least in terms of him dying. It looks like he's done with the active hero thing after this though. AfO underestimating him (and also revealing he know's Deku's identity as the next OfA user) might mean he gets done in on the other hand.

there is absolutely no way that the big bad is going down here. atm I think the most likely outcome is afo retreating to lick his wounds while all might gets hospitalized. this gives both sides time to prepare and reflect

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the problem with that is unless All for one is insanely badly injured he's going to kill deku/get shigaraki to do it as soon as possible and all might isn't going to be able to save him and its a long while before deku is strong enough to defend himself

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That's why Midoriya has friends.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
They better not go after his mom! :argh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gyges posted:

It looked to me like it's just Deku'd, and he used All For One's power redirect that sent the power of his punch back at him to move the power from his right to his left arm.

It looks like he just tried to block with the initial punch and his arm was basically obliterated by AfO's mega punch so he could smash him with his other arm. Seems like he's going to survive but definitely be out of the hero game after this and since this has all been caught on live TV I'm guessing everyone's going to know Deku's secret now.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think the TV broadcast might just have video and no audio, though I'm sure some of his classmates (definitely Bakugou, probably Tsuyu and Todoroki too) will be able to put two and two together.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tsuyu already had it figured out, because she's awesome.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All Might's gonna win.

Because heroes don't lose.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fabricated posted:

Someone do another edit of that Kamen Rider page

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
All Might being a bad teacher has been kind of a theme for a while now, I think he needs a chance to redeem himself as a sensei.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I believe in Kouhei.

Wouldn't it be awesome if All Might died later in the story and they made him the school's Stand?

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

This all could've been avoided if All Might gave One for All to Helck instead of Deku.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Adelheid posted:

This all could've been avoided if All Might gave One for All to Helck instead of Deku.

Helck for All is a crossover too good for this world.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I think we're overlooking the Principal as a great all might candidate.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I think the TV broadcast might just have video and no audio, though I'm sure some of his classmates (definitely Bakugou, probably Tsuyu and Todoroki too) will be able to put two and two together.

I don't see how though.

Midoriya has All Might level strength sure but wouldn't your average citizen think that All Might's quirk is now some kind of superhuman buff instead of just plain super strength/speed/endurance? It's not like Midoriya turns into a chunk of meat every time he powers up and I don't think the TV broadcast is steady enough to catch the entire conversation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

It's not like Midoriya turns into a chunk of meat every time he powers up

Well, not quite in the same way...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Thank you.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So tell me if I'm off with this reading

All For One Built a super quirk arm full of strength to beat All Might. This was actually mostly a feint, and was actually packed with an impact-reversing quirk, so he could throw All Might's big punch back at him, and make him take himself out. However, All Might instead was feinting with his beefy army, and turned it weak before they met fists, allowing his arm to basically be crumbled and destroyed, as he powered up his southpaw for a super strength left hook, surprising All For One?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

So tell me if I'm off with this reading

All For One Built a super quirk arm full of strength to beat All Might. This was actually mostly a feint, and was actually packed with an impact-reversing quirk, so he could throw All Might's big punch back at him, and make him take himself out. However, All Might instead was feinting with his beefy army, and turned it weak before they met fists, allowing his arm to basically be crumbled and destroyed, as he powered up his southpaw for a super strength left hook, surprising All For One?

Either that or All Might took the energy reflected back into him and re-channeled it into his other arm.

While I really like All For One as a villain, I haven't really enjoyed what they've done with him in this fight so far. I wish he would do stuff more interesting than "stuff a bunch of quirks into his arm in order to fire of a single really strong attack." I mean, I guess he did that thing with stealing that guy's magnestism and using it to let the other villains run, but in the fight itself it would be more interesting if he used his powers in a more interesting way.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Either that or All Might took the energy reflected back into him and re-channeled it into his other arm.

While I really like All For One as a villain, I haven't really enjoyed what they've done with him in this fight so far. I wish he would do stuff more interesting than "stuff a bunch of quirks into his arm in order to fire of a single really strong attack." I mean, I guess he did that thing with stealing that guy's magnestism and using it to let the other villains run, but in the fight itself it would be more interesting if he used his powers in a more interesting way.

Against a brick there's not much to do other than out-brick him. I'm sure we'll see more interesting stuff if AfO survives to fight in the future and/or passes his quirk on to Shigaraki.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder if Grand Torino and Nana Shimura used to be partners? Their outfits look very similar.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if Grand Torino and Nana Shimura used to be partners? Their outfits look very similar.

Those two knew each other and were good friends apparently, yeah. That's not really a secret or anything; Torino's talked about "Shimura" and All Might's mentor multiple times in the past.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 3, 2016

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Minor issue but he didn't actually steal magnetism guy's quirk, he activated it with a stolen 'Forced Quirk Activation" quirk.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bleremiah posted:

I think we're overlooking the Principal as a great all might candidate.

Midoriya's mom was already shown to respond better as a vessel than he did.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ganbatte, all might-san

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I really do wonder if Stain and Shigaraki are watching this. Their reactions would be interesting.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sandman posted:

I really do wonder if Stain and Shigaraki are watching this. Their reactions would be interesting.

Stain, I guess it depends on if he is allowed television wherever he's kept locked up (probably in some form of solitary confinement, given his quirk) and if he cares to watch it.

Shigaraki... Seemed distressed, to put it mildly, over AFO forcing him away, and was stuck with Toga and a bunch of unconscious bodies wherever AFO sent them, so, I guess it depends on if his first instinct was to check on the wounded (seems unlikely, but he has been acting like a better leader lately and even attempted to defend Toga from Gran Torino before AFO forced them into the portal), check a TV, or do something stupid like attempt to run back to the battlefield (despite probably being sent miles away) or something. Who knows. Though, if AFO doesn't make it out of this I'm pretty sure Shigaraki's going to see it as it happens somehow. He'll probably be devastated by it, too.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It's a shame the pace of the anime is so slow. I started reading the manga, and this poo poo gets dope. The part the anime thread is going to say where the series "gets good" is probably going to be the season finale, and then we won't get more for a while.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's almost a shame it isn't a real shonen, I think even fillers might have been good for this show.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It looked like AM's non muscled-up hand got shredded.
Fortunately Deku knows a good hand surgeon.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Say Nothing posted:

It looked like AM's non muscled-up hand got shredded.

Todoroki's handcrusher aura strikes again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kegslayer posted:

It's not like Midoriya turns into a chunk of meat every time he powers up
Not yet :getin:

Ytlaya posted:

He is Commander Pragmatism

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I imagine AFO probably tried getting creative with All Might before and that resulted in getting his head punched off.

Stuffing a bunch of impact enhancement and strength boosting quirks into an arm seems pretty reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had to break my rule and read the scans, I'm sorry, I'm weak. :negative:

All Miiiiight.