Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'm imagining Frozen but everyone's a skeleton in rotten rags with no vocal cords and the snowman demon is dead. It's pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I thought the answer to the riddle had something to do with the open sewer system. Like, it had a lot of "heads" - toilets - feeding into it, and something about a foot, etc. etc. but I don't really remember how it works. I could be wrong, though, like I said I barely remember what was in this book.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Since we're about to be on Bilgeton will we be able to meet The Bastard Elf or is the no cross over outside of shared locations?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Since we're about to be on Bilgeton will we be able to meet The Bastard Elf or is the no cross over outside of shared locations?

The Bastard Elf is Sir Tedbald, those are his troops we wasted and his uniform we're wearing

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

The Bastard Elf is Sir Tedbald, those are his troops we wasted and his uniform we're wearing

So can we steal his sword?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blizzy_Cow posted:

So can we steal his sword?

It's difficult and leads to a very controversial ending where its revealed we are the skeleton of the bastard elf that was sent back in time to assassinate himself, thus creating a time paradox. It was universally panned by the fans at the time, but did spawn a few spinoffs.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
I wanna vote for shanking the kid, taking his head, take our skelly army to town, visit Lord Tedbald and have him join or quest to the tower and kill as many elves along the way as possible.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Trick question, every elf is The Bastard Elf. Cause they're all fuckers. Is there a limit to how many followers we can have? I wasn't paying attention to that detail.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Let's union the place up. Decapitate the dude and use his head to make a crude steam whistle from the campfire, his canteen, and a spot of magic. Blow the whistle and inform the crew that as it is past dusk they are off for the day, then give them overtime pay from our purse. Rest until morning.

Let's do that, but there's a thing that'll happen before we can decide to take a rest.

Last page, complete.

We take 144:

Before we decide what's next, we now have an extra 170 Guilders, of which 150 are for the Union (but which we could spend if we have to).

We can only harvest Kevin and take his stuff, but for the record this is reanimated Kevin:

He doesn't look like much but the mage follower can be useful.

The things we can take if we want are:

and

The questions are:
  • take the skull, and if so do we replace our current skull or just tack it on?
  • Take any of the other items? If so what do we chuck? (wearing the cloak will mean we can't wear the tabard since we can only wear one thing at once).
  • What's next?

Essence is low but don't panic, we can stock up soon unless we do something stupid (always possible).

Current adventure scroll:

Raptor1033 posted:

Trick question, every elf is The Bastard Elf. Cause they're all fuckers. Is there a limit to how many followers we can have? I wasn't paying attention to that detail.

No limit, depending on how you're playing it's viable to harvest everything or raise everything, or something in between.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Let's reanimate Kevin and force him to work for us as an fitting punishment for the maltreatment of our skeleton brethren.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Obscil posted:

Let's reanimate Kevin and force him to work for us as an fitting punishment for the maltreatment of our skeleton brethren.

We're really running low on essence though. Maybe put on his skull and follow the witch, I bet she'll trade Kevin's skull or staff for a top up.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

we can't reanimate kevin but we can use his skull (we tore him to pieces just now to impress his employees)

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Wear the skull, replace the sword with the staff. I want an army of the dead!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think we should swap our skull for the better skull (not wear two skulls) and swap the staff for our sword, but the robes are a bit too emo, let's stick with the tabard.

Also I don't remember anything about the witch but I don't think following strange witches into the forest is a good idea.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Replace our noggin and equip the staff &robe

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Witches ain't poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

Robe - Thrown in the fire
, because it is the garb of the oppressor.

And go rattle at the Old Lady.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Who What Now posted:

Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

This has my vote. And that artwork is amazing, good work!

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Cannibalize him for all parts Let's take our first steps towards being a union boss, in other words, live (death?) it up rich as a lich!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Equip the teakettle on your head and staff in your hand. Toss the robes and rattle the lady.

:11tea:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Who What Now posted:

It's difficult and leads to a very controversial ending where its revealed we are the skeleton of the bastard elf that was sent back in time to assassinate himself, thus creating a time paradox. It was universally panned by the fans at the time, but did spawn a few spinoffs.

what is this predestination???

i think you guys are forgetting that we can combine the chest of contracts with the robes to create the union robes which lets us bypass the limb limit, for awhile anyway

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Pretty sure you can get a pass on the limb limit if you can corrupt the union and then bribe the right official. It's a round about way of doing things but it does mean you can roll around the city as a skelepide with union heavies backing you up.

Can't get the true love ending tho so not really worth it.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Guys - seriously what's our game plan?

> Take Kevin's Skull as Item (it's been TEAKETTLED it BELONGS in the Guild's Museum!!!)

> Equip Staff & toss the other weapons

> Don Robe (and wizard hat if available)

> Bone the Witch

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Alternatively:

> Offer CAT a piece of Kevin

> DON'T SUFFER the Witch's two-tongued tongue-wagging (ignore her)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Skull goes to the union to be posted outside the HQ of Bilgeton Local Skeleworkers. Put it in the chest with the dues.

Put on the cloak, we work for the Union, not Tedbald.

Keep sword, stuff staff in pockets.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Someone else can have the skull, if they actually want it. If we have second thoughts at least that way we can trade back for it later maybe, but seriously. Skull acne. Ew.

Take the staff, wear the cloak, ditch the sword. Does wonders for our clavicles. Again, someone else can have the sword and tabard. Shears remain important for later, so hang on to those.

The witch is just doing some foreshadowing/backshadowing/whatever hamwork; leave her be. She could be here for her good-for-nothing grandson's undoing for all we know.

Outrail posted:

Pretty sure you can get a pass on the limb limit if you can corrupt the union and then bribe the right official. It's a round about way of doing things but it does mean you can roll around the city as a skelepide with union heavies backing you up.

Can't get the true love ending tho so not really worth it.

I remember getting the 'walk the Earth' ending; that was fun (and skelepedes feed right into it, natch). Still might as well see something different this go around.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I've managed to provoke Derek Smart so I'll probably earn a probation at a random time - with any luck it shouldn't be when it's time to post the update. If it happens then I'll have the update up, just a bit delayed.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
What's the point of being a skeleton if you're not swapping out random parts

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Who What Now posted:

Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I've managed to provoke Derek Smart so I'll probably earn a probation at a random time - with any luck it shouldn't be when it's time to post the update. If it happens then I'll have the update up, just a bit delayed.

:rip:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Who What Now posted:

Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

This looks like the thing to do. She's an Expository witch so it's a good move. I'll get the pages scanned. also I guess we'll ditch the sword.

Ahundredbux posted:

What's the point of being a skeleton if you're not swapping out random parts

:agreed:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Continuing on (quick update this time):

Here's the bit I found from the last page:

We're going to swap out our head, take the staff and ditch the sword. We lose the sword arm bonus but there are better options coming up anyhow.

We're also going after the witch:

And we found her. I guess we could go in and talk, or.. poo poo. Well, please check your copies/memories while I dig around again.

Here's the latest adventure sheet:

I'm going to be in Birmingham for most of tomorrow for Reasons so there might be a delay to the update, though I'll check in on the thread and will find whatever pages need to be found some time tomorrow evening.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
I say we waltz in and seduce the witch with a one way ticket to bone town.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Yeah "seduce the witch" is the obvious choice here

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Got it in one

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The cat might be able to talk, we should greet it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i thought "burn the house down" was the obvious choice here but i forgot where i was for a second

• Locked thread