Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, guess how Neople improved hell mode! By adding an auto screenshot function to capture the exact moment an epic flies into the air with its beams flashing.

This is literally a thing now so people don't need quick fingers to capture all that bling. Seriously, look how picture perfect this is:

People need to show off them multi epic drops in all its glory.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

:eyepop:

Thanks... Neople?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

:geno:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

After careful deliberation I've come to the conclusion that Rogues are bad and being able to shank ghosts so hard they remember how to bleed is good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

Hey, guess how Neople improved hell mode! By adding an auto screenshot function to capture the exact moment an epic flies into the air with its beams flashing.

This is literally a thing now so people don't need quick fingers to capture all that bling. Seriously, look how picture perfect this is:

People need to show off them multi epic drops in all its glory.

:suicide:

Honor level 59. :eyepop:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I still don't understand what honor levels do

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Honor levels do the following:

a) Give you that animated crown graphic that changes every ten levels
b) loving nothing
c)
d)
e) a sense of progression?????

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

InfinityComplex posted:

I still don't understand what honor levels do

achieve high honor ranks to command the respect of your peers

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So it's "ahahahaha look at this nerd spending too much time on his WAIFU anime"

Also wow my phone auto caps WAIFU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Considering the many waifus of DFO, your phone has its priorities in order. Depending on your answer, you just might too.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Barfing Berserkers are my star children

Cacophonic laughter of the demon slayers are my muse

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Well, your response wasn't "Lenny" so I have to say you still have good taste.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gologle posted:

Well, your response wasn't "Lenny" so I have to say you still have good taste.

Actually, Naen is the worst waifu in DFO.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

fool_of_sound posted:

Actually, Naen is the worst waifu in DFO.

:same:

But there's enough room for multiple worst waifus.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
So my first useable epic weapon, a Bone Red Dragon short sword, dropped for my DT. Exciting! But I only have 10 of those free reinforcement attempt items, and I'm currently wielding a +12 level 85 purple short sword.

Since the BRD is fire-based, and DT is shadow-based, is this worth enchanting and using, or should I stick to the +12 purple?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Bonered Dragon is a garbage epic for DT.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

NachtSieger posted:

Bonered Dragon is a garbage epic for DT.

I mean, purples are garbage too, I guess I'm wondering if a +10 BRD is better than a +12 purple.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Higher base damage in general is better than piercing damage, especially in party play. The +10 epic should out damage the +12 purple or get very close except when the target have extremely high defense (90% or above).

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

It'll be better due to base stats, but it's still not really a good weapon for DT. The hp shred effect is decent in all of our current content, as well.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.
So how important is hit rate? I see 20% thrown around on reddit but I don't recall ever missing on anything at ~14 or so. I'm led to believe that it's not important even for raiding because you'd have hit rate buffs in a group.

Not that I could, but let's say I wanted to do something like, solo Anton normal. What is the most hit rate I would ever need?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sylvyfish posted:

So how important is hit rate? I see 20% thrown around on reddit but I don't recall ever missing on anything at ~14 or so. I'm led to believe that it's not important even for raiding because you'd have hit rate buffs in a group.

Not that I could, but let's say I wanted to do something like, solo Anton normal. What is the most hit rate I would ever need?

~22% I think is the effective cap, for when you're soloing Slayer. Anton Normals actually only count as King, and don't have particularly high intrinsic evasion. And yes, a Sader in you party will give you 100% hit rate, period.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Sylvyfish posted:

22% for slayer, 18% for king/anton. Run stuff with a sader and it'll never matter.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.
Thanks fellas. Now that you mention it, I do see the occasional miss on slayer. I only play solo so I guess I'll swap some of my emblems for hit.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So how exactly does evolve work anyways? I don't think the tooltip is very accurate, because I don't see a buff show up in my list when I use a soul consuming skill? Just Congest and Composure.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Evolve adds skill damage, you can see the contrast here.

0 Evolve stacks:

Max (57) Evolve stacks:

Just... As you get souls from/for Evolve, the counter at the bottom-left ticks up, and when you use say, Buckshot/Madness, the countdown is for how long you remain at your previous stack's skill damage bonus.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

NachtSieger posted:

Evolve adds skill damage, you can see the contrast here.

0 Evolve stacks:

Max (57) Evolve stacks:

Just... As you get souls from/for Evolve, the counter at the bottom-left ticks up, and when you use say, Buckshot/Madness, the countdown is for how long you remain at your previous stack's skill damage bonus.

Ah, so it's a constant buff based on current soul count and the duration is for how long until it updates to the new, lower, value (assuming you don't get it back up) upon spending some of them? I see, so that's why Collector-Killer is so potent.

This means that every rank of the Evolve TP upgrade is worth 0.5% extra damage on everything... is it worth sacrificing TP ranks for shadow clone or shadow harvest to max out evolve's TP upgrade? I'm thinking it's too small of a boost to bother with compared to getting boosts to all the good damage skills. Though if it gets boosted in turn by Collector-Killer... does it become considerably more valuable if you have a 9-set C-K?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Pretty much the go-to for Dark Templar SP is Shadow Harvest max, Buckshot, Black Mirror Max, and Destroyer. The last 7 points can go in wherever, but I put it in Evolve, yeah. The extra souls from Evolve certainly looks attractive, including how they can affect the boosted max cap of souls from C-K, but other TPs can pull their weight much more than Evolve TP which is pretty much just 1% per level.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Hey, please approve of my SuperBuddy Tim's characters into the guild, Thistlemeter and DebuKemo (a necro and a crusader), cause he doesnt wanna play alone anymore :buddy:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Raruna posted:

Hey, please approve of my SuperBuddy Tim's characters into the guild, Thistlemeter and DebuKemo (a necro and a crusader), cause he doesnt wanna play alone anymore :buddy:

I don't see either of those characters in the requests, but I'll add them if I do.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Man storybooks are hella rare aren't they? I forgot about that system entirely until one dropped for me tonight.

Also, ~35 gorgeous invitations without an epic yet, rip

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I got my first storybook after getting my second alt to 86, and then I got another one immediately after that.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Of course I post that and then my gf gets this

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

That materials tab is depressing me :negative:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

She's been pretty unfocused in determining what gear set she wants to work for and she doesn't have any other main she wants to gear so she's been accumulating random crap for a while now. Unless you meant something else besides the uselessly low numbers of ancient set mats.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Can someone explain the professions to me? I'm just not sure I entirely understand them.

Disassembler seems... pointless with the big disassembly machines sitting around.
Animator makes pets but I'm assuming they are gimmicky and not worth it?
Enchanting seems like the only one worthwhile, is that right?

I am surprised by the lack of a weapon/armor crafting profession.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Finagle posted:

Can someone explain the professions to me? I'm just not sure I entirely understand them.

Disassembler seems... pointless with the big disassembly machines sitting around.
Animator makes pets but I'm assuming they are gimmicky and not worth it?
Enchanting seems like the only one worthwhile, is that right?

I am surprised by the lack of a weapon/armor crafting profession.

Player disassembles give better returns than the free ones. You can make a stream of revenue putting up disassembles for other players to use. Animator isn't really useful anymore outside of a few specific APCs, since scenarios are so easy. Enchanting is pretty useless, you don't have that many products people want, and you can just have another player apply enchants to your gear very cheaply. Alchemist makes a number of useful potions that people buy, you just don't get them until profession level 7ish.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

You also get a personal profession disassembler that allows you to turn junk purple and chron gear into profession mats and gold cubes.

There's a couple of useful animator dolls at endgame, I use number 28 to cheese some rooms in OV, and faris and aganzo can be used in some Anton encounters.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Anyone know why I'm stuck running Time Gate scenarios on my 86? I used some tickets to boost him through that, and I know you're supposed to be able to hit a "complete" button or something to skip outleveled epics, but not only can I not do that, I can't even drop these quests. The "abandon" button is just grey.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
You may be looking at the wrong tab. I believe the button only appears in one of them, either the "all quests" tab or the "accepted quests" tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Also make sure sort by dungeon is off.