Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dolash posted:

Honestly, I'm still pretty sure we've already had the best of it with Trump's nomination (although the convention will also be amazing). The Trump supporters on SA all come off as insincere trolls pushing him for the fun of watching his opposition squirm, none of whom will be particularly surprised or bothered when he loses. The same more or less goes for his alt-right internet followers on /pol/ and elsewhere, they're just in it to enjoy the ride and air their memes on a national stage. Trump's more normal, mainstream supporters might be upset but they don't have much in the way of a voice (hence latching on to Trump so hard) so we'll probably mostly be seeing the barely-disguised relief of the Republican establishment, media and intellectuals.

People talk about dehumanizing and facing to Trump, but Hillary's the one people actually seem resigned to - that the most probable outcome is still just another 4-8 years of incremental progress and political gridlock, status quo mostly maintained. The person who probably most strongly believes he can win and who will have the most over-the-top meltdown will probably be Trump himself, although after he lost Iowa he was pretty reserved so maybe even that won't be all that fun.

In keeping with trends so far, I assume whatever happens in November will be so crazy if a time traveler came back and told us, we wouldn't believe it. Like Trump committing murder suicide on national TV, or Trump winning the Hispanic vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh i didn't realize this thread existed yet

yo

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I feel like there is a non-zero chance of one of the three canidates cracking under pressure like the kony 2012 dude.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

In keeping with trends so far, I assume whatever happens in November will be so crazy if a time traveler came back and told us, we wouldn't believe it. Like Trump committing murder suicide on national TV, or Trump winning the Hispanic vote.
Trump wins New York, and in a smug victory speech, reveals that it was all a game to him. He's going to be the best for the pro-choice crowd, he's going to be best for Wall Street, and he's sure as hell not building any goddamn walls. He trick you all, you dumb motherfuckers, and now you've got 4 years of New York Values up your rear end.

The polls hadn't closed in Texas or Arizona, where Hillary wins an upset victory in the final hours, securing the presidency.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bird cooch posted:

I feel like there is a non-zero chance of one of the three canidates cracking under pressure like the kony 2012 dude.
i am actually fairly confident in hillary's ability to be stone cold at all times

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

cams posted:

i am actually fairly confident in hillary's ability to be stone cold at all times

I'm also fairly confident in Hillary's ability to unleash the hounds of hell on Trump. The Clinton opposition research team is the best in the game. We're going to find out so many new terrible things about Trump, he may have to leave the country when the election is over.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

e_angst posted:

I'm also fairly confident in Hillary's ability to unleash the hounds of hell on Trump. The Clinton opposition research team is the best in the game. We're going to find out so many new terrible things about Trump, he may have to leave the country when the election is over.

He'll relocate to the UK :haw:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pick posted:

He'll relocate to the UK :haw:

Ireland would be funnier. :getin:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Know what this thread smells like? Winning.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hardly ever post, but I'm going to toxx on this poo poo because I am convinced that Donald Trump is a baby dick.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Trump is the baby dick to end all baby dicks. He makes all penises look larger by comparison.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The GOP selected Donald Trump as their nominee for President of the United States

Donald Trump

ahahahahaha

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Get ready for another 6mo of Hillary laying the smack down on Trump's candy corn rear end.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I stopped posting in this forum awhile ago but now I'm back and ready to shitpost for Hillary

what a speech

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
:toxx: for my homegirl.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I was starting to get worried that Hill didn't have the stones for it but today has been a gift.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

:toxx: for more of the same.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Five months of nonstop clowning on Trump via serious, well-considered statements of policy. Hail Satan.

Hipsteresque
Nov 10, 2011
:toxx: for Hillary Clinton for president

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Quorum posted:

Five months of nonstop clowning on Trump via serious, well-considered statements of policy. Hail Satan.
http://time.com/4355797/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-foreign-policy-speech-transcript/

quote:

He says he has foreign policy experience because he ran the Miss Universe pageant in Russia.
And to top it off, he believes America is weak. An embarrassment. He called our military a disaster. He said we are – and I quote – a “third-world country.” And he’s been saying things like that for decades.
Those are the words my friends of someone who doesn’t understand America or the world.
--
Of course Trump doesn’t have answers to those questions. Donald Trump doesn’t know the first thing about Iran or its nuclear program. Ask him. It’ll become very clear, very quickly.
There’s no risk of people losing their lives if you blow up a golf-course deal.

But it doesn’t work like that in world affairs. Just like being interviewed on the same episode of “60 Minutes” as Putin was, is not the same thing as actually dealing with Putin.
--
And I have to say, I don’t understand Donald’s bizarre fascination with dictators and strongmen who have no love for America. He praised China for the Tiananmen Square massacre; he said it showed strength. He said, “You’ve got to give Kim Jong Un credit” for taking over North Korea – something he did by murdering everyone he saw as a threat, including his own uncle, which Donald described gleefully, like he was recapping an action movie. And he said if he were grading Vladimir Putin as a leader, he’d give him an A.

Now, I’ll leave it to the psychiatrists to explain his affection for tyrants.
--
Now imagine Donald Trump sitting in the Situation Room, making life-or-death decisions on behalf of the United States. Imagine him deciding whether to send your spouses or children into battle. Imagine if he had not just his Twitter account at his disposal when he’s angry, but America’s entire arsenal.

Do we want him making those calls – someone thin-skinned and quick to anger, who lashes out at the smallest criticism? Do we want his finger anywhere near the button?

I have a lot of faith that the American people will make the right decision. This is a country with a deep reservoir of common sense and national pride. We’re all counting on that.
Oh I love the :iceburn:s just sprinkled in there. Hillary is already good at needling Trump and getting a response:
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/738487062626742275
How do you prove you're not thin-skinned? Certainly not like this, Mr. Stubby-fingers.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Slate Action posted:

The GOP selected Donald Trump as their nominee for President of the United States

Donald Trump

ahahahahaha

lmao

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
today's been a good one for madame secretary

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Huge uptick in posts here. Welcome!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You know what, toxx me up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I merch'd up, but their idea of an "extra-small" is questionable

(I know that mirror is dirty, it's not mine.)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
can we make the pantsuit t-shirt the tuxedo t-shirt of this generation

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Pick posted:

Better too big than too small.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Pick posted:

sanders supporter sized

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

13 years is too long for a forums account to live in a world with President Trump.

:toxx: for Hilldawg.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pick posted:

lol

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I toxxed for Obama because I believe in him; I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe she can gently caress people up. Seriously, that women has been attacked by these punks for longer than I've been alive and I can't wait to see what she does when the shoe is on the other foot.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
:toxx: for :shillary:

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

:toxx: for Hillary.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

cams posted:

oh i didn't realize this thread existed yet

yo

Hi cams

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i feel good about being on the right side of history

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
when the fostering commences only those in this thread will survive

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hillary's gonna win so hard it's great.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Ghetto Prince posted:

I toxxed for Obama because I believe in him; I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe she can gently caress people up. Seriously, that women has been attacked by these punks for longer than I've been alive and I can't wait to see what she does when the shoe is on the other foot.

Afraid of Audio posted:

when the fostering commences only those in this thread will survive

These toxx posts are beautiful.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe that she hates the pack of cocksuckers who run the GOP as much as I do, and I don't think that she'll get stomped over and over looking for a non-existent bipartisan dream like Obama did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe that she hates the pack of cocksuckers who run the GOP as much as I do, and I don't think that she'll get stomped over and over looking for a non-existent bipartisan dream like Obama did.

Yeah, same.

• Locked thread