Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV5snZuNj7E

Lonk fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Azazell0 posted:

This group of mooks is probably the biggest reason I have bad memories of the Living story. Well, that and bad writing in general. None of these characters is an interesting person except for Canach, who apparently has done the right choice and left them.

Here's a list of good NPC's I want in my in-game team, ANet. Make it happen.

- Canach
- Zombie Tybalt
- That lovely asura female who's still salty about her husband getting killed (it would make for good dialogue)
- Evon Gnashblade
- A tengu
- Poobadoo

i was going to say that asura would be a really good addition to the group but actually all of the things you said are good ideas

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

holy gently caress

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Visidan posted:

PSA for the cheap fuckers who have 1 weapon in each swap https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4m4h8p/psa_dont_equip_2_onehanded_weapons_in_different/

You are literally losing money the longer you ignore this article
Someone made a thread about this a few weeks ago as well, and someone pointed out that it's not really a big deal. As Reaper you hardly spend any time in shroud at all, and even if you do the shroud-5-4-leave thing (which in some cases you might not even do considering shroud is great for cc and emergencies so you might want to make sure it's not on cd) the slightly lower condition damage and duration of those bleeds are not a huge deal. As Druid, i don't think most builds use only one mainhand and one offhand, and even if they did they'd probably be full viper/zerk and it wouldn't affect the healing from celestial avatar at all. Even in the case of some zealot sword setup the small amount of healing power lost should not have a noticeable impact.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 2, 2016

Aug 24, 2011

corrosive poison cloud + reaper shroud 4 while standing directly on top of your target ticks 4k poison

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Southsun event or whatever has been datamined to come back, so the bikini kasmeer mini market is crashing. More important to goons, Speedo Lord Faren will also be available.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Roc posted:

The Unbroken

Dragon’s Watch

Eternity’s Guard

Holy gently caress these are awful.

So, this is a combination of the old Destiny's Edge team and the newer Destiny's Child team? I guess they can't just call them Destiny, though, since they have an MMO competitor named that? Ugh.

ApeHawk posted:

... Destiny's Orphans.

Oh, man, good one!

Boaty McBoatface really has ruined online polling for names. Everyone's afraid of a joke choice getting too much love to let people have a (meaningful) say.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 2, 2016

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Blasphemeral posted:

Everyone's afraid of a joke choice getting too much love to let people have a (meaningful) say.

I mean the easy way to handle it is to have people submit their own suggestions, then an intern culls the list down to 3-5 and the community votes on those.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Generic Octopus posted:

I mean the easy way to handle it is to have people submit their own names, then an intern culls the list down to 3-5 and the community votes on those.

But that requires them to pay an intern. And to have someone else double-check his list. Too much resource investment: how are they supposed to have funds left to make a new undyable pair of wings?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Speaking of wings, where the hell are my blazing wings, Anet? You gave me lightning, now give me fire!

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

The new ascension lightning travel effect is neat.

I'm Tyreal, bitch!

Edit: Was also thinking about "I don't always play GW2 dress up, but when I do I dress up as Tyreal." But I got shouted down by either my friends of the voices in my head. :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Blasphemeral posted:

But that requires them to pay an intern. And to have someone else double-check his list. Too much resource investment: how are they supposed to have funds left to make a new undyable pair of wings?

I saw the moth wings and immediately vomited a little, and I'm addicted to gem store purchases too.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I know they added some weird new auto-equip feature to these toys so they wouldn't be as annoying when entering combat, but do you still have to reequip them every time you load into a new map?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Kessel posted:

I know they added some weird new auto-equip feature to these toys so they wouldn't be as annoying when entering combat, but do you still have to reequip them every time you load into a new map?

Yes

I'm not sure why it isn't just an equipment slot thing and from the hero panel you can turn it off if you're tired of it

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Yes

I'm not sure why it isn't just an equipment slot thing and from the hero panel you can turn it off if you're tired of it

pfeh

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I saw the moth wings and immediately vomited a little, and I'm addicted to gem store purchases too.

but sir, zeese moth wings are waffer thin.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Which to save up for?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Save up for a lobotomy instead

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Butt.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Why are there no asurabuttwings yet anyway? Is it too early to blame Pseudo?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Eltoasto posted:

More important to goons, Speedo Lord Faren will also be available.

This is amazing news.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I was leveling Scribe and found some weird things through the discovery tab, has anyone seen these before? Made at a pretty low skill level even.

http://i.imgur.com/uKerHg7.png
http://i.imgur.com/vO6beV3.png

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lobuttemy

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Do we have any Shiro/Mallyx Condi Rev players around who wouldn't mind writing up some play tips? I've finally gotten a good handle on Shiro/Glint Power Rev, but I've basically never played Condi Rev and I'd like to learn it, partly because it'd give me some really nice flexibility for my Rev play in sPvP when the enemy team is like a Mesmer, two Necros, and two Warriors and all of Power Rev's anti-Power tech is basically useless.

Aug 24, 2011

i did shiro/mallyx for a while and it was fun but not as strong as staff/glint

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yeah thats really the feeling im getting, staff/glint just has better burst and better defenses and better mobility and is just kinda better as long as you're not fighting 4 condi damage

e: on the other hand its really really fun to have necros think they can poo poo on you just for you to be That Revenant that has ~70% Resistance uptime and loads them up with confusion as soon as they hit shroud

e2: actually I'm really coming around on condi rev, you can't hold up to focus fire the way power rev can, but jesus you can vaporize people with condis

e3: biggest thing I'm loving about condi rev in spvp is that people definitely do not expect it

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 4, 2016

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I can't speak for shiro, but I've played a mallyx/glint rev for a long time, though mostly in PvE so not sure if that's helpful :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Something I'm having a lot of trouble with is that Mallyx has zero stunbreaks, so if I flip to Mallyx and get stunned I'm going to lose at least half my health

I want to make Ruby in the near future so I'm just playing Engi for now, cause I'm much better at Engi than Rev

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That's a pic from a colonoscopy i'm p sure

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Lonk shined I died. #neverforget

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6xAm-VGH8

I don't even know anymore.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

lucifirius posted:

Run supplies?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

I blame this headcold of mine, but that was funnier then it has any right to be. :colbert:

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

DonVincenzo posted:

Lonk shined I died. #neverforget
Same. And then he comes here to glowt about it.

Lonk posted:

I don't even know anymore.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Who are the big Twitch streamers for this game?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lucifirius posted:

Who are the big Twitch streamers for this game?

There isn't really one big streamer, woodenpotatos is probably the biggest, but goons hate him and he streams mainly EU time I believe. Gladomer is good for roaming wvw and ranger stuff, nike is good if you want to see sperg level dungeon/fractal running. Docgotgame does wvw in groups, and gets triggered when maguuma snipes him. Ostricheggs is good for spvp, as well as XerreX, who tries lots of different classes and builds, and posts them. This guy made a really nice series on the fractals if you want to learn about them before stepping in.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eltoasto posted:

There isn't really one big streamer, woodenpotatos is probably the biggest, but goons hate him and he streams mainly EU time I believe. Gladomer is good for roaming wvw and ranger stuff, nike is good if you want to see sperg level dungeon/fractal running. Docgotgame does wvw in groups, and gets triggered when maguuma snipes him. Ostricheggs is good for spvp, as well as XerreX, who tries lots of different classes and builds, and posts them. This guy made a really nice series on the fractals if you want to learn about them before stepping in.

https://www.twitch.tv/shinryuku_ku

This guy also does GW2 streams very frequently, lot of WvW and PvP, mainly uses a warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
RIP Dontain. He still streams but he never plays GW2 anymore which is a shame. Seemed the removal of SAB broke him and I don't suppose he ever came back when it did.

• Locked thread