Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
It had better not be some bullshit Succubus thing where its all welp you are magically bound to be loyal to the person you confess to, even accidentally.

That would be dumb and bad and this manga may be dumb but it is Good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Could that mean Shima's female side is the second great charismatic pervert? The one that's ruined the future?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Wittgen posted:

Could that mean Shima's female side is the second great charismatic pervert? The one that's ruined the future?

It would be way funnier if , given how different Shiho's two sides were, if Shima's other side was actually a super nice, kind, and selfless girl.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think we can safely say that a charismatic pervert is very much the opposite of whatever Shima is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

a kitten posted:

But also: shaaaaaaa

:agreed:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ethiser posted:

I think we can safely say that a charismatic pervert is very much the opposite of whatever Shima is.

So, his werewolf side, then?:v:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SpacePig posted:

So, his werewolf side, then?:v:

I'm waiting for his dramatic werewolf reveal only to find out that it's a character we've seen before.

Also: Why does shiho get to be the personality that is out all the time versus her counterpart?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Wait where did it show that shima is a werewolf or has another side or is that just speculation that y'all are using spoiler tags on for some reason

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's the latter.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

There Bias Two posted:

Also: Why does shiho get to be the personality that is out all the time versus her counterpart?

Shiho is the were, Shiro is the wolf.

Fellis posted:

Wait where did it show that shima is a werewolf or has another side or is that just speculation that y'all are using spoiler tags on for some reason

Some people consider speculation spoilers. I'm not really sure why, but I'll just usually respond with them if the original poster thought it was enough to bother tagging.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well you spoil bits on the current chapter generally if it just came out, so the fact that another werewolf wanted to go to the fireworks is technically talking about the current chapter.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The author doesn't have to keep track of which girls know what anymore! I'm so happy for them. :3:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The look Mikan and Nagisa gave Shiho when she said she wanted to go to the festival slew me :allears: Can't wait for next week!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

paragon1 posted:

The author doesn't have to keep track of which girls know what anymore! I'm so happy for them. :3:

Mikan still doesn't know about Youko and vice versa (I, er, think). Otherwise, yes.

Kuromine will end up wondering why the hell he was trying so hard all these years.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Everyone knows each other's secrets and are okay with it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mirage posted:

Mikan still doesn't know about Youko and vice versa (I, er, think). Otherwise, yes.

Kuromine will end up wondering why the hell he was trying so hard all these years.

He was trying really hard because up until relatively recently in the manga letting Mikan know anyone's dirty secrets was lethal.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Boogaleeboo posted:

Well you spoil bits on the current chapter generally if it just came out, so the fact that another werewolf wanted to go to the fireworks is technically talking about the current chapter.

are we sure that wasn't shiho, though?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Thanks for the clairification, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Inflammatory posted:

She got asked to go in the first place *because* another werewolf had asked, is the thing. She'd put the fireworks out of her mind before then because that's evidently where things go down with Shima, then Shiragami asked them to go because a werewolf sent in a request to the help box, which reminded everyone of the fireworks and the fact poo poo goes down there. So there's another werewolf out there, and nominally she ends up with "Shima", which starts at the fireworks festival. Seeing as he's human filth and he could literally cure cancer and end all conflict on the planet and still be scum, it's best to hope there is another character in the mix. Otherwise: Bad End.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Inflammatory posted:

I think Shiho would've remembered that she'd told Kuromine that, though, and wouldn't have been so surprised that it was his idea.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
... what if the other werewolf was Shiro.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SpacePig posted:

I think Shiho would've remembered that she'd told Kuromine that, though, and wouldn't have been so surprised that it was his idea.

I think it's one thing to anonymously submit a message in a moment of... not weakness exactly, but sort of like that? And another to see Kuromine actually act on it like she had subconsciously hoped.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

... what if the other werewolf was Shiro.

Doesn't Shiho remember everything that Shiro does though? As far as I remember Shiro is the only one that has to deal with not knowing what's going on.

And also I don't think Kuromine would describe the situation to Youko as being another werewolf if that was the case.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

While I think (and secretly hope) that speculation could come true, if there's one thing I've learned it's that the author is really good at surprises both come out of left field and feel obvious in hindsight.

So anything goes at this point.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, it's already been established that the principal's making a school where the 'unnatural', for lack of a better word, can be considered the norm- it's not so hard to believe that there's another werewolf running around. Hell, maybe there's a whole pack of them, along with a vampire coven, a regiment of aliens and a whole pantheon of talking glasses gods. We just don't see them because they are not cute and/or dumb, and it's perfectly reasonable that one of them would come to counselor Asahi for help.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Well, it's already been established that the principal's making a school where the 'unnatural', for lack of a better word, can be considered the norm- it's not so hard to believe that there's another werewolf running around. Hell, maybe there's a whole pack of them, along with a vampire coven, a regiment of aliens and a whole pantheon of talking glasses gods. We just don't see them because they are not cute and/or dumb, and it's perfectly reasonable that one of them would come to counselor Asahi for help.

We actually have seen the entire pantheon of talking glasses gods, on multiple occasions.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I decided to go back and re-read the series from the start and it's really amusing and impressive to me seeing how the change in art worked out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it started out a bit TOO detailed per character but reached a nice compromise between too detailed and too simplified pretty early on and stuck with it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The decision to just draw the characters with enormous goddamn eyes honestly helped a lot. Also, a dedication to the silliness that this didn't really have right out of the gate.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SpacePig posted:

The decision to just draw the characters with enormous goddamn eyes honestly helped a lot. Also, a dedication to the silliness that this didn't really have right out of the gate.

It didn't take long for the artstyle to change from chapter one to the style we have now. It was less than 10 chapters before the artist settled on 'loving absolutely goddamn hilarious faces' instead of being all serious.

Also some of the oldest gags were still the best.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Occasionally the art jumps back into serious mode (like it did with Shiho a couple chapters ago) and it makes for a really good contrast.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Excuse me Shiragami is a cool beauty and the initial chapters reflect this important fact

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The absolute very best faces in this manga are the 'frightened' faces. You can just FEEL the absolute terror and horror from them. Like this.

The artist is so very, very gifted.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The scared faces are definitely the best, and this is pretty much my favorite page of anything ever.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SpacePig posted:

The scared faces are definitely the best, and this is pretty much my favorite page of anything ever.

That page is good. The very next page had me in tears though.

Truly the maid cafe and its later Omake are the pinnacles of art.

Although.... the 'police leading away Shimada' and later on 'Police leading away Shiro' are very close to the best. But the frightened faces always get me.

EDIT : So I was reading this over on kissmanga, and I came across a really weird translated Chapter 132? mixed in with the other chapters.

The latest chapter that Kissmanga has is 127. Is 128-131 available anywhere yet? And is there a translation for 132 that isn't, well, poo poo?

khy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 5, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

khy posted:

The latest chapter that Kissmanga has is 127. Is 128-131 available anywhere yet? And is there a translation for 132 that isn't, well, poo poo?

132 was translated early by a bunch of 4channers who were pissed off that the translation was behind the current releases, so they took the latest chapter back then, speed-translated it, and threw it up on every site they could. It was petty and stupid and mostly now serves to troll people who read ahead and get spoiled, but the actually-good translators are finally catching up to that point so no one will have to see that garbage anymore soon.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

132 was translated early by a bunch of 4channers who were pissed off that the translation was behind the current releases, so they took the latest chapter back then, speed-translated it, and threw it up on every site they could. It was petty and stupid and mostly now serves to troll people who read ahead and get spoiled, but the actually-good translators are finally catching up to that point so no one will have to see that garbage anymore soon.

Gotcha. Here's looking forward to a version that doesn't contain awful poo poo like 'SMH FAM' in it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Well, T and I shoved "bae" into a monmusu chapter, so NO GUARANTEES.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SpacePig posted:

the moment he fell in love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Well, T and I shoved "bae" into a monmusu chapter, so NO GUARANTEES.

There's only so many ways one could potentially address the MC of that series in english so it's understandably necessary.

• Locked thread