Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

flashman posted:

overwatch: where activism meets autism

Isn't that the internet in general though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashman posted:

Ah nice I've never met a Reaper main before.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
This thread is so insanely garbage it might be the Genji pickers in my games.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
this discussion is the overwatch equivalent of a d. va running in and ulting into a group of people, having them all panic and die, then when it looks like its all over, boom a mercy ult

rinse and repeat

i like it

General Morden fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 3, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Did anyone else just get disconnected from battlenet?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Away all Goats posted:

Did anyone else just get disconnected from battlenet?

It's up for me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lady Naga posted:

It's up for me.

Weird. I joined another game and got disconnected again

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lady Naga posted:

On Fire is one of the most useless stats in the game. It used to be even easier to get in closed beta but even now just playing the game semi-decently and not dying a ton gets you on fire.

Not dying as Zenyatta is an accomplishment though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Internet Kraken posted:

Not dying as Zenyatta is an accomplishment though.

Not if you cower in the corner and wait for your health to regenerate every time someone sneezes at you!

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Symmetra is fun.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Grammaton posted:

Symmetra is fun.

Acutally, you'll find she's not.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Lady Naga posted:

Acutally, you'll find she's not.

She is though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Grammaton posted:

She is though.

Freedom is a convenient illusion.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of my favorite characters, ready to throw down!

http://i.imgur.com/JZXI1Y3.gifv

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Zarya has next to no fanart that isn't shipping crap it's making me salty.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

what's wrong with people shipping zarya

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

General Morden posted:

Oh no now you've done it

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

General Morden posted:

Conceptually nothing I just don't care for it at all but it's next to impossible to find any other art of her.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Turtlicious posted:

I'll be honest: That animation of D.Va makes it look like that mech is doing something lewd to her.

Edit: I think it's the way she bounces the opposite way it moves.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whens the earliest you can leave a game and still get xp? I quit right at the defeat screen a lot of the time since my salt levels get fairly high

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

net cafe scandal posted:

Whens the earliest you can leave a game and still get xp? I quit right at the defeat screen a lot of the time since my salt levels get fairly high

Whenever the victory or defeat animation pops up.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

PureRok posted:

I'll be honest: That animation of D.Va makes it look like that mech is doing something lewd to her.

Edit: I think it's the way she bounces the opposite way it moves.

d. va's got a real nice pompador

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TheKingofSprings posted:

How does a Zenyatta spending 93% of the match on fire not get the epic vote :catstare:

I'm a mediocre so and so but I vote for Zenya cards on principle because he's cool.

"Why didn't that guy get more votes anyways? Oh it's because 3 players already left on the victory/defeat screen sorry Zenya you don't get the fiver because most of the people left to vote clicked on both Widow players"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Oh no now you've done it

Done what?

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Turtlicious posted:

What is it with this chibi pixel characters. If I gesticulated like that while waiting at a bus stop, people would think me a human being weirdo and a video of me would appear on /r/funny the next day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Oh no now you've done it

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kurzon posted:

What is it with this chibi pixel characters. If I gesticulated like that while waiting at a bus stop, people would think me a human being weirdo and a video of me would appear on /r/funny the next day.

Exaggerated motion is fun and funny to watch. I'm pretty sure if you had a giant loving head with a grenade launcher or a mech I'm pretty sure you'd be shot, tasered, cuffed and then called a weirdo.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I've never had a good game as Zenyatta and I can feel myself bringing down the morale of my teammates whenever I pick him. They make switches to compensate and have an attitude that it's just going to be an uphill climb to win.

I admit that when I do quick play and our only support is Zenyatta my first thought is 'goddammit..." I am guilty too.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Someone needs to do Worker and Parasite with Zarya and Junkrat.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

Whenever the victory or defeat animation pops up.

Thank God

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Assuming you did it regularly you'd probably have triggered the leave buster system by now anyway.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I ran into a 5 Winston + Lucio team tonight and my pubbie team got rolled. What can I as a lone player do to combat this menace? Gimmick stacks, effective or not, are kinda boring to play against.

Kurzon posted:

You should make room in your heart for Metal Slug.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chumbler posted:

I ran into a 5 Winston + Lucio team tonight and my pubbie team got rolled. What can I as a lone player do to combat this menace?

You should make room in your heart for Metal Slug.

Reaper, maybe roadhog or soldier as lesser alternates if you take the mallgoth schtick seriously.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurzon posted:

It's for really actiony video games. In Metal Slug, everything is constantly moving to the beat of the music, and it can get so rhythmic that you start to hear the gunshots and man screams in tune with the music. That constant action gives it a certain fluidity that wasn't possible with the earlier systems. The Chibi Pixel stuff is aping that style, but it doesn't really work with a honking and vibrant background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKVlV5GawE

You can see / hear it in the video above.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

It's for really actiony video games. In Metal Slug, everything is constantly moving to the beat of the music, and it can get so rhythmic that you start to hear the gunshots and man screams in tune with the music. That constant action gives it a certain fluidity that wasn't possible with the earlier systems. The Chibi Pixel stuff is aping that style, but it doesn't really work with a honking and vibrant background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKVlV5GawE

You can see / hear it in the video above.

lmao what the gently caress are you talking about the music isn't in sync with anything there and is drowned out by the loud rear end gunshots actually

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I feel like a lot of pixel art animations ape the Metal Slug style of characterful bouncyness but exaggerate it a bit much.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Turtlicious posted:

I'd spray the hell out of them if the pixel tags were animated.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

flashman posted:

the official comic implies that symmetra is autistic on some level so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Akumos posted:

lmao what the gently caress are you talking about the music isn't in sync with anything there and is drowned out by the loud rear end gunshots actually

Are you using well balanced headphones? I hear the gunshots on the left, and the music on the right.