Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Did you seriously broadcast a mtu kill? 15m one at that? Christ I'm glad I left

People that bitch about directorbot are the biggest bitch made babies on the planet. A bloo bloo I had to click a window. My life is inconvenienced by so much a bloo bloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

vyst posted:

People that bitch about directorbot are the biggest bitch made babies on the planet. A bloo bloo I had to click a window. My life is inconvenienced by so much a bloo bloo

You know who you are talking to, right?

Worst part of it all is that he has an alt in TDB. But he is hardly online so that counts for something :smith:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

vyst posted:

Jesus loving christ yes.

"Wah my computer made a beep boop noise my life is woe and suffering"

:fuckoff:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:bahgawd: a box on my task bar turned yellow and I had either to ignore it or to click it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

yeah i don't get the whole "my attention was drawn to a thing in a way that i can completely opt out of should it offend my delicate sensibilities" thing, it shows up with people not wanting to be pinged in a chatroom too and it's just :psyduck:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Tbf though it makes you ignore pings that are important out of habit.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Real talk, I didn't even know pings would generate a sound. First thing I do when installing any new piece of software, Pidgin included, is turn off all sounds because they're almost always annoying and pointless.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
drat just read pings, it's an advertisement for gameplay that has been packaged for your consumption. :laffo:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
the war machine has kills for you, get in this ship and this comms channel... time-to-target doesn't get any more efficient.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Anderron Shi posted:

Tbf though it makes you ignore pings that are important out of habit.

Only if you have some weird autism that can't bother clicking in and out of a window without going into a frothing rage

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vyst posted:

Only if you have some weird autism that can't bother clicking in and out of a window without going into a frothing rage

IRC > Jabber.

'Disable Sound' means no annoying noises, or better yet- change your notification noise to something less annoying- most of those people use Pidgin, this is pretty much 3 mouse clicks.

Glory of Arioch posted:

my god do they ever

like, our guys know to ignore most of our pings but hostiles sit, rapt with attention, salivating for the next bit of communique coming out of that directorbot skinner box

:same: but you guys with Horde pings.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 3, 2016

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
B-r 2.0 rage pings were funny, you can't deny.

Also I think my jabber is broken I don't get sounds.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

:same: but you guys with Horde pings

whats it like living in a koolaid infusion

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Xolve posted:

:same: but you guys with Horde pings.

Horde ping behavior is the worst, forget having a sound for notifications when the average number of pings for a single fleet can be as high as 8 times in a row. I appreciated jabber having a solitary window for fleet pings, maybe I can finagle something in IRC to throw notifications in a separate window?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Does no one remember the days of DBRB pinging all-all because he had a titan tackled on the test server? That's why people still hold hatred for director bot even if now in this modern time it doesn't happen anymore. Its like jabber PTSD.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

4th Horseman posted:

B-r 2.0 rage pings were funny, you can't deny.

Also I think my jabber is broken I don't get sounds.

Yeah the B-R2.0 poo poo was pretty :wtc:

You have to add a plug-in for IRC to make notification sounds.

Orange Red Bull posted:

whats it like living in a koolaid infusion

:ironicat:

Deofuta posted:

Horde ping behavior is the worst, forget having a sound for notifications when the average number of pings for a single fleet can be as high as 8 times in a row. I appreciated jabber having a solitary window for fleet pings, maybe I can finagle something in IRC to throw notifications in a separate window?

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 3, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
I wonder how the lack of real war in the last 2 years has affected CCP's player numbers

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Landsknecht posted:

I wonder how the lack of real war in the last 2 years has affected CCP's player numbers

It will probably encourage them to buff highsec income and not at all address habitability problems since :ccp:.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

IRC > Jabber.

I blocked director bot because pidgin is poo poo and all the pings chugged whatever old game I was playing at the time, if I want to see them I look at my laptop :smugdog:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I blocked director bot because pidgin is poo poo and all the pings chugged whatever old game I was playing at the time, if I want to see them I look at my laptop :smugdog:

I thought it was just me. pidgin breaks several programs in adobe creative suite when there's no reason for it to.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

Does no one remember the days of DBRB pinging all-all because he had a titan tackled on the test server? That's why people still hold hatred for director bot even if now in this modern time it doesn't happen anymore. Its like jabber PTSD.

Yea it didn't bother me because I'm not a fuckin sperg.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Directorbot and my username mentions make sounds and I look because I am a sperg

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

vyst posted:

Yea it didn't bother me because I'm not a fuckin sperg.

You don't have to be a fuckin sperg for it to bother you.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have not used IRC in ten years. I miss the days of that and ICQ. Those were fun to use back in the day!

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

It will probably encourage them to buff highsec income and not at all address habitability problems since :ccp:.

income isn't the problem, the problem is creating any kind of meaningful and engaging pve experience

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

income isn't the problem, the problem is creating any kind of meaningful and engaging pve experience

Income is most definitely part of the problem take a look at highsec incursions.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

You don't have to be a fuckin sperg for it to bother you.

You really do. If you can't handle a blinky taskbar then you have issues. Because every normal person has sounds muted on pidgin

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

vyst posted:

You really do. If you can't handle a blinky taskbar then you have issues. Because every normal person has sounds muted on pidgin

No you don't. Blinky taskbar means something fun is going to happen so time to stop grading and log in :dong:. Then what you see is "everyone log in titan tackled on sisi," over and over again :flaccid:. Hence gently caress that poo poo signal:noise ratio is way off balance and I would have rather finished the work thing.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

Income is most definitely part of the problem take a look at highsec incursions.

How much do those pay per hour?

It's a problem when I play stellaris and only log in for ops/pings

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

How much do those pay per hour?

It's a problem when I play stellaris and only log in for ops/pings

I don't have a hard number for current stuff but, back when I did check it AFKtars got you like 70m/hr, L4 misisons got you 80-90m/hr, and highsec incursions were ridiculous like 140m/hr.

E: I cannot wait for stellaris to have a good map editor so I can make the eve galaxy in it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Just leave tactics alone, there's nothing that rivals the sheer idiocy of a tactics forum thread slapfight/meltdown.

The BlastX thread needs to be made public.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

No you don't. Blinky taskbar means something fun is going to happen so time to stop grading and log in :dong:. Then what you see is "everyone log in titan tackled on sisi," over and over again :flaccid:. Hence gently caress that poo poo signal:noise ratio is way off balance and I would have rather finished the work thing.

:same:
When someone abuses pings/notices/etc I turn them off for a while and possibly miss important stuff later.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

I don't have a hard number for current stuff but, back when I did check it AFKtars got you like 70m/hr, L4 misisons got you 80-90m/hr, and highsec incursions were ridiculous like 140m/hr.

E: I cannot wait for stellaris to have a good map editor so I can make the eve galaxy in it.

L5 Missions are still way above any of those, unless the numbers have gone up. Making t3ds was crazy good for a while as well.

Stellaris is a good game, but the fact that I feel the need to not play eve while waiting for something to happen is bad. But the reality is that this is a 13-yr old game, and it's not going to get better.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

L5 Missions are still way above any of those, unless the numbers have gone up. Making t3ds was crazy good for a while as well.

Stellaris is a good game, but the fact that I feel the need to not play eve while waiting for something to happen is bad. But the reality is that this is a 13-yr old game, and it's not going to get better.

No with the same fart huffing management that has given us what we have now at least.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Landsknecht posted:

It dropped significantly. There was a period in the past 2 years that the PCU was at 29,000 users at the lowest. That was about a month before Aegis. Since Aegis was released, outside a small dip in November, the player count has been on the uptick.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 3, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I think the general trend of making highsec a safe haven with the best accessible income is bad for the game. You can easily earn about 200mil/hr and really don't die unless you're in a wastefully expensive ship or are AFK.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Its an old rear end niche game of course the pop will decrease steadily until theres nothing left but diehards and tryhards.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

It dropped significantly. There was a period in the past 2 years that the PCU was at 29,000 users at the lowest. That was about a month before Aegis. Since Aegis was released, outside a small dip in November, the player count has been on the uptick.

Didn't Brave Newbies get lit up by PL in March or so which is that huge drop in 2015?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

Its an old rear end niche game of course the pop will decrease steadily until theres nothing left but diehards and tryhards.

The sad thing with this is that it's a steadily better game. Compared to when I first tried this game, the mechanics are better, epic mission arcs are a cool intro, and subcap balance is fairly reasonable.

If there were an EVE 2 with a full reset of everything I'd get on that so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The MMO genre is dying a painful death, Darkfall just recently announced that game is shutting down. No game ever, has come on stronger and better with bigger numbers than its natural peak. Eve will never get bigger than it was at 500k.

Which makes it funny when nerds be like: Rarrrgh we da best in this dead game

• Locked thread