Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
INEPTICONS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I didn't see the Archer clone coming at the end.
I guess we're not doing phrasing huh?

I forgot this was a season finale! I guess next season would be a hunt for Veronica done by Mallory (and Lana?) with the rest of the gang tagging along in Mexico?Unless they make Archer a Cyborg...

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
So whoever had the theory that it wasn't actually almost exactly 3 PM when Veronica left Archer to bask in the gooeyness of his own leavings was right, I guess.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So next season will be "Imposter" by Philip K Dick where Archer won't know he's actually a cyborg* and all the crew at Figgis Investigations has to get into merry hijinks to keep him in the dark.

*actually a robot

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Where did Kreiger get the organic parts for his cyborgs? :ohdear:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dr Christmas posted:

Poor pigley. :smith:

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Dr Christmas posted:

*cough* Hobo.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The fact that the cops at the end didn't have exactly the same dialogue as in the first scene of this season clearly indicates that we are in mirror universe/alternate timeline territory.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this show really dying off so much that they'd cancel it?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

JollyPubJerk posted:

Is this show really dying off so much that they'd cancel it?

Apparently only gets about 76,000 viewers that count for ratings. It hasn't been renewed yet. Apparently the answer could be Archer is dead. The end

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's prime Netflix season to finish the story material.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I thought this season was strong throughout. That being said, wouldn't be surprised if we are on the last couple seasons of the show.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I thought this season was strong throughout. That being said, wouldn't be surprised if we are on the last couple seasons of the show.

Creators say they have material and plan for two more seasons and a movie. Not so psyched for a movie but two more seasons would be great. Also be continuing as PIs if they get a renewal.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I didn't feel like there was as much strong character stuff this year. The bully episode was great but this last two-parter got a bit of a shrug out of me. Not that it's been bad or anything! I hope they get to finish off their plans.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Moose-Alini posted:

Apparently only gets about 76,000 viewers that count for ratings. It hasn't been renewed yet. Apparently the answer could be Archer is dead. The end

That number looked crazy to me so I googled it and according to Daily Beast is actually 760,000 live viewers, and it blames the low number on people who DVR or stream it.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

criscodisco posted:

That number looked crazy to me so I googled it and according to Daily Beast is actually 760,000 live viewers, and it blames the low number on people who DVR or stream it.

Yup missed a zero, still pretty low for a popular show. The dvr problem is real, I have no idea how Netflix pays for content if viewership matters, but yeah cable cutters are gone totally mess up the ecosystem for good TV

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Moose-Alini posted:

Creators say they have material and plan for two more seasons and a movie. Not so psyched for a movie but two more seasons would be great. Also be continuing as PIs if they get a renewal.

A movie would be fine. Heart of Archness is basically a movie itself, so you have proof of concept.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How much does this show cost anyway? Aren't animated shows ridiculously cheap when it comes down to it?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Moose-Alini posted:

Yup missed a zero, still pretty low for a popular show. The dvr problem is real, I have no idea how Netflix pays for content if viewership matters, but yeah cable cutters are gone totally mess up the ecosystem for good TV

Maybe instead of blaming people who use new technology they should stop measuring views via a blatantly outdated system.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Maybe instead of blaming people who use new technology they should stop measuring views via a blatantly outdated system.

I know right, especially since other methods of tracking actually exist and work.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The (shortened) season has ended the show hasn't been renewed yet? Isn't that basically a death sentence?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Am I the only one who cringes every time they do the Planet of the Apes shtick?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I didn't mean to imply it was the cord cutters fault. Networks need to get with the times before canceling great shows because as far as they know people only ever watch The Voice and a Big Bang theory...

In the meantime they are making some awful decisions thinking it's still the 90s

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Krieger showed that he had at least two clones of himself, so it would be easy for them to write in a second Archer clone being the body in the pool.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Moose-Alini posted:

I didn't mean to imply it was the cord cutters fault. Networks need to get with the times before canceling great shows because as far as they know people only ever watch The Voice and a Big Bang theory...

In the meantime they are making some awful decisions thinking it's still the 90s

I know they still count DVR numbers if it's watched within 7 days, but I don't think for as much. I read the other day that they're moving to a "within 35 days" system or something.

Does that mean my DVR is telling someone what I'm recording? Good lord I'd hate to have anyone see my DVR. It's all cartoons and hundreds of episodes of Mama's Family and Green Acres.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

FireWorksWell posted:

Am I the only one who cringes every time they do the Planet of the Apes shtick?

No, it's gotten old IMO -- they even did it in two back-to-back episodes here, kind of lazy.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

a shameful boehner posted:

Krieger showed that he had at least two clones of himself, so it would be easy for them to write in a second Archer clone being the body in the pool.

That's pretty much what I'm expecting. The Archers did say the plan was stupidly complex.

It's a long con.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

movax posted:

No, it's gotten old IMO -- they even did it in two back-to-back episodes here, kind of lazy.

Yeah, that's what gave me that thought. I mean, I liked it the first time (I think it was when Lana killed Kreiger's waifu) but as someone who's never seen Planet of the Apes it's grating to have to listen to the same minute-long joke in like, seven different episodes.

I'd rather watch Conway Twitty

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
That theory that the two cops are just actors probably got a little more evidence with the bit about leaving it to the "REAL" police officers with Krieger's robocop.

Totally saw the ending twist coming, but still enjoyed the heck out of the entire thing. I don't come to Archer for the big plot twists, it's everything else that I love, the plots are always just a flavour for the show.

One thing's for sure, Archer will be appearing in the next season of "Archer", unless they just want to do one final season to wrap it up because they're crazy wazy. Maybe there were two bots, or maybe they'll be able to resuscitate him, but what I think could be an interesting development is if they let an android replace him permanently, they've already showed that they could. I was actually thinking that at some point Krieger was going to pull the "You've all been androids the entire time!" card as a rebuttal to the turing test thing.

Next season seems like it might heavily feature robots anyway.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Yeah, Krieger's upset was actually kind of affecting and the joke was boring.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Moose-Alini posted:

Yeah I knew what you meant. I was actually talking about big networks in general, not you specifically. It's a frustrating situation. like this guy pointed out:

Kwyndig posted:

I know right, especially since other methods of tracking actually exist and work.

Even though the old method doesn't work anymore and a lot of people are aware it doesn't work no one has come up with a functioning new method to replace it. So like you said a lot of great shows that people enjoy are getting canceled because they aren't being watched "The right way", which also happens to be the most inconvenient way (at least for me, I don't have cable so the only way I can watch shows live is on a treadmill at the gym. Which usually isn't too bad, although I'm not sure if it even counts because I'm pretty darn sure my gym doesn't have a Nielsen box).

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Megaspel posted:

That theory that the two cops are just actors probably got a little more evidence with the bit about leaving it to the "REAL" police officers with Krieger's robocop.

Totally saw the ending twist coming, but still enjoyed the heck out of the entire thing. I don't come to Archer for the big plot twists, it's everything else that I love, the plots are always just a flavour for the show.

One thing's for sure, Archer will be appearing in the next season of "Archer", unless they just want to do one final season to wrap it up because they're crazy wazy. Maybe there were two bots, or maybe they'll be able to resuscitate him, but what I think could be an interesting development is if they let an android replace him permanently, they've already showed that they could. I was actually thinking that at some point Krieger was going to pull the "You've all been androids the entire time!" card as a rebuttal to the turing test thing.

Next season seems like it might heavily feature robots anyway.

Maybe ISIS is still working in New York and this is a covert CIA program to build a team of super-incompetent super-agents that can be reliably deployed to gently caress up any situation, any time, anywhere - even in two places at once!

edit: And the last episode with Slater was just a capabilities test...

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Where are you people getting the idea that they don't count Netflix numbers? Why on earth would they not choose to make poo poo loads of money from stats and analytics like every other media website on the earth?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Well, if Netflix and people watching it on DVR 7 days after doesn't put eyes in front of their ads, it kinda makes sense to not count them for setting advertising rates, which is what matters right?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They should give me a Nielson box because I'm the perfect consumer. I only turn the TV off and not the cable box, so half the time I turn on the TV it's on horrible poo poo like 2 Broke Girls so they would still get ratings points and continue to be unfunny plus on the DVR I usually get stoned and forget I can fast forward.

Yet I constantly hit the rewind button in my car trying to rewind NPR.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
IIRC Nielson boxes require you to input a code or something every so often so they can make sure you're actually watching.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Between this and R&M I am done with cliffhangers.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Eifert Posting posted:

Between this and R&M I am done with cliffhangers.

Pretty major plotlines left hanging at the end of Venture Brothers, too.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
From reddit, look closely at "Luigi":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

thehoodie posted:

From reddit, look closely at "Luigi":

Hahaha holy poo poo

• Locked thread