Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Also, I just want to point out to everyone that it's weird there is some kind of consensus that everyone posts more during the working hours than when they have freetime.
Some good work ethic right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Shadow0 posted:

Also, I just want to point out to everyone that it's weird there is some kind of consensus that everyone posts more during the working hours than when they have freetime.

I used to be allowed to nap at work. It was rad.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

I used to be allowed to nap at work. It was rad.

Preschool isn't work, Keane

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Shadow0 posted:

:v: work sucks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

If they didn't want me to post why isn't SA blocked?

It's because I'm the IT guy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:yeah:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It's because I'm the IT guy.

:same:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
For a while SA was blocked, but I think there's a goon in IT because it became unblocked

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Because work is work and who like's doing it...

Come play Mafia Quickies
I've got a Dental Appointment in 2 hours so let's do it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do have an actual list of things to do today and I spent my time writing the best loving post in Asiina's Hamilton mafia game and solving little mac's dethy game which is fun so now to do real work

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
2 More, you know you like quickies.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I guess it just goes to show that human society is not designed for humans.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 3, 2016

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Shadow0 posted:

I guess it just goes to show that human society is not designed for humans.
I really struggled with being unable focus at work at my last job, and thought I was the worst employee ever.
It's good to see I'm in good company. :P

I get all my work done and do it well, but I'm not one for busy work tedium, but I've even burned through that. All that's left is innovation and eh... innovation can wait.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably the best employee this department has had in a long time so gently caress what i do in my down time

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mafia Quickies: Origins, ended in a Town Victory

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Come play my quick game! 5 players, setup is in my most recent post in thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778624

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Mafia Quickies: Origins, ended in a Town Victory

+ 3P Lyncher Victory

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I like these little microgames. My first scumgame was a windshipper ran micro where asiina vigged me with this post

Asiina posted:

What, you think you're hipster? You think you know what this is about?!

You don't know anything!!

This is a lifestyle

You have to BE ALL ABOUT IT

You can't just be hipster when it suits you.

You out of here you poser

You are nowhere near ~HIPSTER ENOUGH~ to post here!

I got my revenge in the second game though where I hammered scum Rarity and then copped scum Asiina.

Roles were:
Ixtlilton: Doctor. Also has a 50% chance at a successful governorship of a lynch.

Poque: 2 shot night Vigilante. Must post as though they are a farmer from Iowa.

Somberbrero: Vanilla town.

Juanito: Mafia with Chaoslord. Must post as though they are a person from Texas.

Chaoslord: Vanilla mafia with Juanito

Asiina: 1 Shot day vigilante. Must post as though they are a hipster. Vig kill is done via berating someone for not being hipster enough in a post.

Eight dollars: Survivor. Has one shot night bulletproof. Must choose to use it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rip eight dollars

Max
Nov 30, 2002

One more for definitely not backwards forwards mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Drawrof Mafia, a role-complicated game for 13 people is now open for signups!

Link here, for your convenience.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I miss 8bux. Also I'm glad there's an explanation for that post as a post restriction because that's bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does Overwatch have couch co-op at all?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

Does Overwatch have couch co-op at all?

nah it is all online multiplayer, maybe the console versions have it, idk.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dethy games are cool and fun and we should run more of them

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Come play my quick game! 5 players, setup is in my most recent post in thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778624

One more try at this, need 4 more players to play a game in the next hour and a half or so. Do the thing!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Come play 5man Podima game RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3778624&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#pti22

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Dethy games are cool and fun and we should run more of them

They are cool but ultimately a solved logic puzzle at this point, aren't they?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

They are cool but ultimately a solved logic puzzle at this point, aren't they?

It's not fun if you just all agree to follow the solve strat, it's fun if people just investigate whoever they want and you work with it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It's not fun if you just all agree to follow the solve strat, it's fun if people just investigate whoever they want and you work with it

Fair enough!

Two more for this!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Interest gauge: A 21 player game that starts as soon as we hit 3 people, and players are assigned roles as they join. It is not guaranteed there is any scum among the starting 3

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I reread that game and realized that I've always been a shitposter. I must embrace my identity. Perhaps I'll sign up for a mafia game some time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Interest gauge: A 21 player game that starts as soon as we hit 3 people, and players are assigned roles as they join. It is not guaranteed there is any scum among the starting 3

YES presign

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that's a good enough sign of interest for me. It'll be up tonight I think. We'll hit go as soon as 3 join.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Kashuno posted:

Sounds interesting.

Add to the scum win condition that a set number of players must be dead before they win.

Add to the town win condition that a set number of players must have entered the game before they win.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Sounds interesting.

Add to the scum win condition that a set number of players must be dead before they win.

Add to the town win condition that a set number of players must have entered the game before they win.

booooooooring

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm currently thinking there are X number of scum, and when the scum roles have run out the game is over for scum

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

JakeP posted:

booooooooring

It's more RNG protection than anything else. Imagine rolling three scum right off the bat and having an instant scum victory. Not very exciting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i.e. let's say there is only 1 scum. first 3 are all town, player 4 is scum. 6 other plays enter before scum is killed. 1 scum dies, game is over. it'd be the same if 0 more players joined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

It's more RNG protection than anything else. Imagine rolling three scum right off the bat and having an instant scum victory. Not very exciting.

There will be either 1 or 0 scum to start. No instant win for anyone.