Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Is King of the Hill when there's just one objective to capture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dick Trauma posted:

Is King of the Hill when there's just one objective to capture?

Yeah. Ilios, Nepal and Lijiang Tower are the KOTH maps.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only time I saw someone say "GG EZ" it was from someone on the losing team :confused:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Your Computer posted:

The only time I saw someone say "GG EZ" it was from someone on the losing team :confused:

The people I play with and I sometimes say that when we get crushed, makes us laugh

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

GlitchThief posted:

I dislike both racism and bad sportsmanship. I hope this isn't too controversial.

No, it obviously isn't. I agree that good sportsmanship is a good rule to follow as I follow it when I play. The worst I'll do after an easy stomp match is say like "heh, that was easy" to my bros in my party voice chat.

I also can't help but feel like if someone on an opposite team says "easy" after a match, and it rates more than a sarcastic eye-roll from me, then I might be a huge pussy.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/p1of80W.webm

Imagined fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 3, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dooting the Lord's work right here.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man, if they remove D.va's head hitbox, that would more than make up for her lovely damage. :allears:

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

:perfect:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Racism is bad, giving a poo poo about sportsmanship outside of in houses or tournaments is stupid. Making someone mad by typing "what an easy game" is basically winning twice when you think about it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dont forget that in addition to the gangtags for your avatars we have :potg: and :zenpop:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Kabraxis posted:

No, it obviously isn't. I agree that good sportsmanship is a good rule to follow as I follow it when I play. The worst I'll do after an easy stomp match is say like "heh, that was easy" to my bros in my party voice chat.

I also can't help but feel like if someone on an opposite team says "easy" after a match, and it rates more than a sarcastic eye-roll from me, then I might be a huge pussy.

I hear you, man. Looking like a pussy in front of your bros is the worst.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i type 'game was quite easy' after every game that was quite easy. now for me that happens to be every game, because I am very good

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I always strive to use the most precise language to inform just how owned the opposing team has been. Every GG is rated from "2 EZ" to "close 1"

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My favorite is typing "gg close one" after a really one sided game. This one guy was butthurt because he thought we were a six stack (we were) and after we all said that he went nuclear.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I have never typed GG because that implies a game was good, which it was not, because it is univocally quite easy

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

GlitchThief posted:

I hear you, man. Looking like a pussy in front of your bros is the worst.

You missed the point altogether, but your troll falls flat. In case I'm wrong maybe what I should've said was if that really gets you upset then perhaps you're being over-sensitive about a dumb video game with ape scientists.

Besides, my friends in voice chat already know me as a huge pussy.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Any game I win is good and any game I lose I already abandoned.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

as a chaos gamer, i play with a different set of win conditions than what the game imposes upon me. it is imperative to me and those of my kind to make the enemy understand that i am good, and they are bad, and that as a result the game was quite easy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't think that one is set up, but I really hope a community pops up around making the most insane purpose built POTG replays

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Kabraxis posted:

You missed the point altogether, but your troll falls flat. In case I'm wrong maybe what I should've said was if that really gets you upset then perhaps you're being over-sensitive about a dumb video game with ape scientists.

Besides, my friends in voice chat already know me as a huge pussy.

no offense bro but you're being kind of a pussy right now

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The only thing worse than being a pussy is being a troll. I am a 100% sincere bro.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i kind of wish there was another symmetric game mode besides king of the hill, but I'm not sure what it could look like. i assume they are avoiding the 5 cap point maps from TF2 since they want to have full control over game length

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Ahaha this is the best. I played an entire match there taking the point waiting for someone to jump in and let me boop them to their deaths but the fight kept happening at the doorway entrance and I captured the point solo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like how my Hearthstone sprays sometimes give me the same uneasy feeling of whether or not they could be considered troll-ish as they do in the actual card game.

Also gently caress Hearthstone/WOW Lore, break that poo poo wide open and do an Overwatch expansion imo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tales of Woe posted:

i kind of wish there was another symmetric game mode besides king of the hill, but I'm not sure what it could look like. i assume they are avoiding the 5 cap point maps from TF2 since they want to have full control over game length

I'd like to see a 3 cp mode. 5 cp means a lot of characters who lack mobility tools will just never get used (or likely handicap your team if they do get picked), but 3 should keep the map pretty condensed.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

Payload tug o war?

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Wangsbig posted:

no offense bro but you're being kind of a pussy right now

That's fair.

GlitchThief posted:

The only thing worse than being a pussy is being a troll. I am a 100% sincere bro.

When I accidentally derailed, my page was talking about people being suspended or banned by Riot or someone for saying "gg easy". I thought that was dumb. Sorry for the derail, I guess.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I was happy to get a boop double kill and then nail someone in the head to get a :potg: as Lucio last night. Sadly, I didn't have the drop the beat intro at the time.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I am pretty pleased at how much praise the game throws at you for winning so I don't bother saying anything after. I mean, you get a giant piece of text that says VICTORY and everyone on the other team gets a red and depressing DEFEAT. Then you get to see your smug rear end face in lights.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

godface zillah posted:

Payload tug o war?

This would basically be a moving king of the hill game, which actually sounds kind of neat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone here should be good to each other, IMO

I hope this helps you all on your life journey

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
You think they'll ever add free for all? You could have a minute to go hide anywhere on the map and last one standing gets 100 coins or something.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Brannock posted:

Overwatch being the fastest-selling PC game ever, breaking Blizzard's own record with Diablo 3, sure makes all the shouting about how this game wouldn't succeed extra funny.

I like all the people who kept yelling how the game would be dead within a month because they solo queued into a group, and also they think every loss they take is because the other team is grouped.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grammaton posted:

You think they'll ever add free for all? You could have a minute to go hide anywhere on the map and last one standing gets 100 coins or something.

No, since the game mechanics aren't at all designed around it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

J posted:

I like all the people who kept yelling how the game would be dead within a month because they solo queued into a group, and also they think every loss they take is because the other team is grouped.

its the classic "I could have gone pro if" scenario

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
I get that this will automagically be an Unpopular Opinion but unless someone is straight up harassing you or spewing hate speech you should probably shut the gently caress up about your hurt feelings

Riot and League of Legends' insane suspension/ban system seem to exist chiefly as a way to doubly monetize their game; I can't remember where I read it, but someone had some sort of nebulous data to suggest that the overwhelming majority of banned players make new accounts and re-buy skins, which is all Tencent/Riot really want anyway

the issue now is that players in online games legitimately think that if you say "game was easy :^)" after a match you are banworthy and a poor sport and blah blah blah

I've never been banned from anything and I generally just don't type in whatever chat system is provided, but hearing about how mad people get about "bm" is ridiculous

wasn't it Blizzard that removed a "sorry" emote from their game because "people were using it too sarcastically"? I'm sorry but that's hilarious

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Grammaton posted:

Genji v Genji v Tracer v Widowmaker v McCree v McCree every game forever spinning into infinity so hard it creates a new universe where everyone is made of salt and nobody has any fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think being nice to people is good, and hope that we all strive to do that in our lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

people that play competitive videogames have small broken brains and fragile egos and you can easily exploit their delicate emotional constitutions if you say they are bad or call them gay