Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

You mean UCB founder and founder of UCB, Matt Besser?!

It's crazy how he hasn't been on the show Difficult People..... as a pioneering influence of the NYC alt comedy scene.

Looks like Earwolf is getting into the Gabrus game after passing on High & Mighty. There's going to be a new Howl original called Laymen where Job Gabrus interviews people in super intelligent professions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

Oh goody, Case Closed's back on I4H but now he just pits two nervous listeners against eachother for 15 minutes.

It was probably the most intelligent Case Closed ever because Besser let everyone else talk. I was expecting it to be Besser playing clips of stoned Bernie Sanders fans at Venice Beach again.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It was probably the most intelligent Case Closed ever because Besser let everyone else talk.
If we have to have one or the other, I'll take the version where he debates someone who was mean to him on twitter over this 10 millionth weaksauce election debate between two nervous non-comedians.

Also I thought the whole point of him getting a Howl show where he debates his audience was that he wouldn't do Case Closed anymore.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Is it just me or are all earwolf podcasts currently inaccessible thru iTunes? I can't listen to a dang one, even tho other podcasts seem to work fine.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Probably technical difficulties gearing up for the big Howl switchover. I was having trouble with downloading a couple I4H episodes through Pocketcasts this morning.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Zouks With Special Guest is really good. He's got "terrible boyfriend" down pat.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Let's all listen to Gabrus' new Earwolf podcast!
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-layman-with-jon-gabrus/

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thanks for the heads up. I need to check this out. I wonder how it'll impact his other podcast. It was getting a little sad lately with two eps with no guests.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He's just been doing Banshee recaps for like a month or two. It's not much of a podcast.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
The Banshee episodes are in addition to the regular episodes, not instead of them.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I liked the Banshee episodes! Though that last one was a real bummer, it was like listening to his depression personified :(

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

I liked the Banshee episodes! Though that last one was a real bummer, it was like listening to his depression personified :(

All this.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm a scientist married to another scientist, he should have interviewed me. I want to be his best bud.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm a scientist married to another scientist, he should have interviewed me. I want to be his best bud.

Sorry, pal, but Jon Gabrus' "best bud" will always be that dank kush!!! :420::350::420:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Sorry, pal, but Jon Gabrus' "best bud" will always be that dank kush!!! :420::350::420:
oh that's so sad

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Drunkboxer posted:

lol i've been trying to convince my phd-having wife to try and get on

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

hell yeah :350:

ManoliIsFat posted:

lol i've been trying to convince my phd-having wife to try and get on

In all honestly I would have nothing of interest to say and would rather listen to Gabrus ramble about The Running Man or something.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The John Gemberling/Jon Gabrus episode of High & Mighty does not disappoint. 10 minutes in and they're already talking about heating In N' Out by turning on the seat warmer and putting a sweater over it. And taking a poo poo, jerking off, then wiping.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gabrus's podcast with Gemberling yesterday is the grossest thing I've ever heard. *****/5.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
"The smell of poo poo and weed combined is a huge part of my life" 5 stars

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that episode made me legitimately worried about jon gabrus and i hope he is able to find happiness within himself

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The funniest thing about that I4H "case closed" thing was that that Dorkawhatever dude was such a little bitch when it came time to actually debate. He was so confident making posts on that dead forum but as soon as he gets a chance to talk he makes almost zero points.

Also, Besser always says Repubs and Bernie supporters are retarded (which is generally true) but he has never explained his die hard love for Hillary. I want to hear it because I guarantee it is the stupidest most out-of-touch reasoning like most of his opinions on things. That being said I do like Besser vs. the Audience.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pot Of Shoe posted:

The funniest thing about that I4H "case closed" thing was that that Dorkawhatever dude was such a little bitch when it came time to actually debate. He was so confident making posts on that dead forum but as soon as he gets a chance to talk he makes almost zero points.

Also, Besser always says Repubs and Bernie supporters are retarded (which is generally true) but he has never explained his die hard love for Hillary. I want to hear it because I guarantee it is the stupidest most out-of-touch reasoning like most of his opinions on things. That being said I do like Besser vs. the Audience.

hes probably just a rational voter

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He doesn't need to explain it to you guys. It should be self evident to anyone with half a brain, obviously.

e: I still laugh at that live show bit where they played a clip from a pretty reasonable Bernie supporter, and Besser is like "Can you loving believe this guy? What the gently caress?", and the audience doesn't react at all.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Guys please note that I never said I don't like Hillary.

I guess he doesn't need to explain anything, but he is so opinionated about so many things, it just seems kind of weird to attack everything and anyone else and never explain your position about anything. I find his stubbornness entertaining and I think he's a funny person who is great at confrontation so when he clams up and makes the person who specifically called him out debate some random person I find it frustrating.

I can understand why he is guarding his opinion though, since he has some celebrity if he opens up about something as divisive as politics he will never hear the end of it through the devil beast that is the internet. I still get massive blue balls in my brain about it though.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Pot Of Shoe posted:

The debate was BS, the argument was whether or not Bernie should concede. It's a stupid position to take, especially if you believe he should be president.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

The debate was BS, the argument was whether or not Bernie should concede. It's a stupid position to take, especially if you believe he should be president.

Well it is all but assured that he will concede and Hillary will get the nom, it's just a matter of when he should concede that they were debating.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Guys please note that I never said I don't like Hillary.

I'm not trying to put forth any sort of Hillary hate here on anything. I honestly don't have a strong opinion on her one way or the other. I just think Besser's obsession and assumption that everyone thinks the same as him is funny.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I don't give a poo poo about the potical opinions of the somethimes funny improv comedy guy.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I stopped listening to Improv4Humans after the interview with Matt Besser's hero, the angry man who yelled at a lovely trumpet player for four minutes straight. Between that, and the possibility of hearing another Case Closed, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Even though I'm sure I missed out on another St. Clair-Parham-Mantzoukas clusterfuck.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Well it is all but assured that he will concede and Hillary will get the nom, it's just a matter of when he should concede that they were debating.

It doesn't matter if you think it's assured or not, it's just a weak position to take in a debate. If the assumption is that he's lost arguing about his merits is pointless, all you can argue about is whether or not it makes sense for him to concede or not. Which is exactly what we got, and it was boring and stupid and it went exactly how Besser wanted it to.

Just to be clear, I enjoy case closed (unlike most of you guys it seems), I just thought it was lame how they set up the debate. They should've just had a legitimate debate discussing the merits of each candidate if they were going to talk about this at all.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Not Operator posted:

I stopped listening to Improv4Humans after the interview with Matt Besser's hero, the angry man who yelled at a lovely trumpet player for four minutes straight. Between that, and the possibility of hearing another Case Closed, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Even though I'm sure I missed out on another St. Clair-Parham-Mantzoukas clusterfuck.

I could never make up my mind about whether he actually liked the weird trumpet guy or if he was just messing with him. You could tell that the other improvisers weren't all that down with that stuff either, especially when he made one of his interners ask the guy for advise which was super boring and obnoxious.

It's like Besser, a man who lived in NYC, suddenly stumbled across the fact there are weirdos living in NYC and thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think its less Besser thought the trumpet guy himself was funny, but the idea of having him on the show and stuff is funny. Like a lot of the non improv stuff on his show seems to be him doing these bits where he finds the concept of doing it funny then the actual thing.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

By the way, I don't know how I can hold the opinion that trumpet guy was some sort of nadir when I know it happened around the same time John Gemberling half-ironically defended beastiality.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

It doesn't matter if you think it's assured or not, it's just a weak position to take in a debate. If the assumption is that he's lost arguing about his merits is pointless, all you can argue about is whether or not it makes sense for him to concede or not.

It's not that I think it's assured, it's just a fact that it is all but assured, my personal opinion on the matter doesn't really affect anything. And the debate topic was decided by the forums guy anyway, he chose his position so take it up with him I guess. Also, the debate wasn't about if he will concede but when he will concede which is tedious at best and boring at worst.

Anyway, ready for a really unpopular opinion? I love the music eps and I think they spark the best improv on the show.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Not Operator posted:

By the way, I don't know how I can hold the opinion that trumpet guy was some sort of nadir when I know it happened around the same time John Gemberling half-ironically defended beastiality.

You're gonna have to be more specific when it comes to Gemberling defending beastiality.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

You're gonna have to be more specific when it comes to Gemberling defending beastiality.

It was back during the video podcast network days, and my only clear memory of it is an uncomfortable Lauren Lapkus side-staring at the camera like she's doing a guest spot on The Office.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Not Operator posted:

The bestiality thing would be the best I4H ever if Erik the Paid Intern had not been born.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

It was back during the video podcast network days, and my only clear memory of it is an uncomfortable Lauren Lapkus side-staring at the camera like she's doing a guest spot on The Office.

Was that the time that he suggest that it'd be OK if he had his pants down, hands in the air, and peanut butter on his dick, since the dog wouldn't necessarily be performing a sex act since he's just eating peanut butter? Because that's probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a thing in my life, and I might have to watch that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its very hard to explain to people why Eric reading about Rainbow parties is the funniest thing ever because it needs so much context and you need to know who Eric is and his relationship to the show.