Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Professor Shark posted:

Haha he was killed off because the secondary characters they surrounded him with were terrible plus they weren't allowed to shoot where they filmed last season.

So we don't get anymore Bashir in the show because of the poo poo writers and poo poo production

No, seriously? That was the loving reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Seriously though you can't compare Geordi and Bashir on a goon level.

A dabo girl hits on Bashir and he smoothly sets that poo poo up.

Geordi would have obsessed over learning Dabo, screamed at everyone in engineering about it and then retreated to a holodeck to "learn dabo" with a re-creation of her and get caught by the actual girl receiving hand jobs from his simulation of her.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It is a shame that Geordie didn't, while on shore leave to DS9 to visit O'Brien, get sucked into helping re calibrate the plasma phase coils, and in a moment of respite didnt wander into Quark's and start to obsess over a dabo girl only to cause her to seek shelter from his uncomfortable advances by carelessly fleeing into Jake's mid-baseball holosuite, thereby driving them into each others arms and causing Geordie to have to spend the rest of his vacation doing Chief's laundry list of maintenance scrub work while he watches the woman of his dreams cavorting with a literal child.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Everyone hates Neelix cause he's comic relief but people forget the time he ordered a crew member to desecrate the burial mound of a primitive culture to make weapons from the bones.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
there's no logical reason not to desecrate burial mounds

it's just silly superstition

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FrensaGeran posted:

Everyone hates Neelix cause he's comic relief but people forget the time he ordered a crew member to desecrate the burial mound of a primitive culture to make weapons from the bones.

lol what episode was that, i think i need to watch skim that one

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

there's no logical reason not to desecrate burial mounds

it's just silly superstition

The scene would work with Tuvok, explaining why it's okay. But it's the silly rat monkey guy with no pause to think about what they're doing. The crewman is shortly eaten by a lizard monster.

Basics part 2 btw

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Neelix was a draft dodger.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Voyager is poo poo an I only have passing memory of some of the shittier parts, but did anyone ever call Neelix out for being a psycho / borderline violent over his 3 year old girlfriend or the fact that she was 3 years old?

I mean everyone makes fun of it in these threads, I just don't remember if Tom Paris or Janeway said something like "Kes is three years old dude" or if they just completely ignored it altogether.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Voyager is poo poo an I only have passing memory of some of the shittier parts, but did anyone ever call Neelix out for being a psycho / borderline violent over his 3 year old girlfriend or the fact that she was 3 years old?

I mean everyone makes fun of it in these threads, I just don't remember if Tom Paris or Janeway said something like "Kes is three years old dude" or if they just completely ignored it altogether.

All the above would've made the show interesting. Instead, all those topics were skirted around and forgotten as blandly as possible.

And our 3 is Kes's 30, but the fact that Star Trek has a bunch of pedophiles as fans makes you wonder if the that was some kind of discrete fan service.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 22, 2022

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The limited lifespan concept is good, but she should have been Neelix's daughter or something. Not his girlfriend. poo poo, you could have made Neelix the same race and he would have automatically been better. Or just erase Neelix altogether and make Kes the cook/morale person.

Neelix, as is, is an unlikeable weirdo alien with a creepy connection to Kes. And those feet :barf:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Automatic Slim posted:

All the above would've made the show interesting. Instead, all those topics were skirted around and forgotten as blandly as possible.

And our 3 is Kes's 30, but the fact that Star Trek has a bunch of pedophiles as fans makes you wonder if the that was some kind of discrete fan service. Or maybe the writers of Voyager were pedophiles too.

Well yeah the way Ocampa develop at 3 she was well into adulthood, that doesn't change that she is still 3 years old mentally.

Neelix could take her on a picnic telling her about the time when he fought in the stupid retard spotted freak people war or whatever and she is like "Your clothes are older than I am. I lived in a cave and was 18 months old when you met me" and he is just basically teaching an infant that life is a relationship with him.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40b4ug_recut-257-tinder-date_fun

God bless Grin recuts.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
was it paris who had a super crush on the 3 year old or the other way around

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Paris liked her and he and Neelix had a yelling fit about it. He married her in an alternate timeline as well and Harry married their daughter.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

In one of the alternate reality episodes he scored some 4 year old back-pussy and they had a kid on a shuttlecraft.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Anyone have a list of, like, 10 good TNG episodes? For when you only want a little Star Trek.

(Saw the Worf gets owned by a barrel episode on the BBC recently, that was pretty okay.)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If I was on Voyager I would want to be stationed on that bottom deck where you don't have to do any actual work, just sit there.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Volcott posted:

Anyone have a list of, like, 10 good TNG episodes? For when you only want a little Star Trek.

(Saw the Worf gets owned by a barrel episode on the BBC recently, that was pretty okay.)

Check out the season 1 episode conspiracy, someone gets their face blasted off by a phaser

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If I was on Voyager I would want to be stationed on that bottom deck where you don't have to do any actual work, just sit there.

They did an episode on that. Basically, Janeway found a list of 4 slackers who had never been on an away mission and insisted she lead them on one herself. She got them all killed IIRC.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Volcott posted:

"Yesterday's Enterprise".

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Volcott posted:

Those lists get posted so much in the TV IV Star Trek threads I think they are burned into my memory.

It's pretty much always "The Inner Light," The Borg 2 parter, the head slug one, the enterprise C one, the finale and then mix in anything that doesn't have Troi in it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Season 1 episode 3 "Code of Honor"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The one with the space irish

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gowron should have later come aboard with that barrel decked out in full warriors regalia, asking Worf if he was willing to risk a second bout.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Angel One.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Season 1 episode 3 "Code of Honor"

It's funny that the same writer, took the same story and made an Episode of Stargate SG-1, and both episodes are widely considered by far the worst of each series.

quote:

Powers would go on to write the Season 1 episode "Emancipation" for Stargate SG-1, which held similar themes to "Code of Honor".[5] The African theme of the episode was brought in by director Russ Mayberry, who had the Ligonians race cast entirely from African-American actors. Mayberry was fired during production by the show's creator Gene Roddenberry, and First Assistant Director Les Landau completed the episode. Star Trek novel author Keith DeCandido later recalled that this was because of the casting itself,[5] while cast member Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) thought that it was because Mayberry was racist towards the guest stars after they were cast.[6]

quote:

Some of the cast, including Jonathan Frakes, sought to prevent the episode from being re-aired.[7] In an interview with Entertainment Weekly in 2012, Patrick Stewart agreed with fans that considered the season 2 episode "The Measure of a Man" to be "the first truly great episode of the series",[8] stating that the first season "had several quite weak episodes"; referring to "Code of Honor" in particular he said, "I can think of one very early on that involved a race of black aliens that we all felt quite embarrassed about."[8]

I guess they really failed on the whole idea of burying that episode since Trek Re-Runs were either Tasha Yar getting killed or the Tribal Black people episode. I saw each 30 times as a child.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Neelix was way tougher than people usually gave him credit for, the Voyager crew had a tough time going a month without getting destroyed with their huge ship and advanced technology but Neelix had been out there for years doing his thing. He only Jar-Jarred a little bit to try and keep peoples spirits up because the Voyager crew was a bunch of humorless bummers. He was bad-rear end and they were always like "Neelix go cook us some poo poo, you rear end in a top hat." and it was totally wrong.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

cheerfullydrab posted:

He was bad-rear end and they were always like "Neelix go cook us some poo poo, you rear end in a top hat." and it was totally wrong.

Neelix was more of a oval office than an rear end in a top hat.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Didn't they do an episode where they toyed with the idea of Neelix being some special-forces bad-rear end and his jovial, bumbling personality was a form of PTSD?

I mean, it's been over a decade since I've watched a Voyager episode, so I don't loving know.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Volcott posted:

:siren: SERIOUS POST :siren:

Measure of A Man
The Drumhead
Yesterday's Enterprise
Best of Both Worlds 1&2/Family
Deja Q
Darmok
Chain of Command 1&2
Tapestry

Bonus:
The Pegasus
The Royale

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Data was just as creepy as Geordi with women.

He dated that blond lady and when she complained that he didn't act like a real human boyfriend he went to her quarters and started yelling at her that she wasn't his mother.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Data bears no fault though as Noonien Soong was completely hosed up in his personal life.

And Tasha Yar probably had an ugly flashback to her rape planet upbringing when she took Data's positronic cherry so he could only conclude that love and sex involve trauma and yelling. Also, his first and only emotion up to that point was literally "I'm going to murder you!" so he did pretty good playing at Ward Cleaver.

Let's keep the focus on Geordie here people.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Didn't they do an episode where they toyed with the idea of Neelix being some special-forces bad-rear end and his jovial, bumbling personality was a form of PTSD?

I mean, it's been over a decade since I've watched a Voyager episode, so I don't loving know.

I took that episode way to heart.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Data was just as creepy as Geordi with women.

He dated that blond lady and when she complained that he didn't act like a real human boyfriend he went to her quarters and started yelling at her that she wasn't his mother.

Data put more effort into making the appearance of nurturing authentic human relationships than the rest of the crew did actually doing it. Still better boyfriend material than Geordi.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

how many times has data hosed?

-tasha
-borg queen
-blonde lady??

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

-Spot
-Lal (according to a video I watched on Vimeo)
-Dixon Hill (programmed holo-lookalike)
-Leah Brams (Both real and holo)
-Poker Sir Issac Newton
-An Xocomp

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Wasn't there some colonist chick who had the hots for Data?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qar0unFwm2I

weren't these dudes goons at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

data was slamming rear end all over the galaxy while geordie was getting rejected by holochicks

could data cum? he said he was fully functional. does that include cum synthesis or does he have a reservoir that he had to refill?