Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

so when can i download nba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

so when can i download nba

6/7

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tuesday, same as usual

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

also, none of that context stuff was from 2, it was all from 3

Ohh yeah that's right, I forgot. There's a cheevo for it and everything!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

a shameful boehner posted:

It has a ton. It's very much dependent on a number of factors, like if you're moving, the amount of health the enemy has, whether or not you're holding a pistol or a long gun, etc.

I remember a part where Drake tossed his shotgun to a guy, then knocked him out with a punch. The next guy was a steel fist-nut kick combo.

Also if you are out of ammo for an equipped gun you will do a unique steal their gun animation and now you have a gun!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TLOU is leagues better than U4 and I loved U2 and U3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

UC4 is better than 2 or 3 but not as good as TLoU, I agree.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The last naughty dog game I played is the best one.

...except for UC1. That didn't age well.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I like any of the Uncharted games over TLOU personally.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
finished uncharted 4 finally. I liked it. it felt pretty well paced especially compared to 3. it was probably the best paced of them all. the only issue i had was Scotland could have been shorted a bit and the first half is pretty slow burn, for better or worse. i like that drake's been rounded out more and i like that he has a happy ending. I still like 2 better because of the set pieces and the action. overall a good game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

R6 siege is on sale for like €20, worth getting??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you have teammates in mind probably. Solo probably not

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tlou is a better story, u4 is a better game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love them both and I don't want to choose.

It's TLOU though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

If you have teammates in mind probably. Solo probably not

It's a great game solo too. You can carry a team pretty easily and it groups you with similar skill usually.

Just play casual though, ranked is full of angry try-hards.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Manatee Cannon posted:

tlou is a better story, u4 is a better game

tlou Factions is a better game than tlou or uc4; tlou SP only would still be better than uc4 SP+MP any day of the week.

That's how far above most games The Last of Us is, especially as a full package.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tlou mp is ok. the shooting isn't very good in that game tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it's multi is actually really awesome, don't listen to this troll

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I paid $35 for a digital copy and I think it's well worth it. All depends on what you're looking for though. I play solo 90% and it's still fun for me. There's so much other poo poo going on in a match besides actual shooting. Not too many shooters can match the strategic depth of the game. Single player is fun as well but it has no story which I was a little disappointed in. Progression is also slow as gently caress but do some reading online about Operators and which one is right for your play style and you should adjust OK.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I just started Witcher 3. It's so gorgeous that I'm trying to figure out how much of the HUD and minimap I can turn on and still play. My ideal setup would be a vague marker pointing at my next destination.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
There's a thread over on NeoGaf claiming that the ps4 version both looks AND runs better after this last patch (talkin' bout Witcher here...) in the base game as well. I'm redownloadig it now. Is this true in anyone else's experience?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Count Chocula posted:

I just started Witcher 3. It's so gorgeous that I'm trying to figure out how much of the HUD and minimap I can turn on and still play. My ideal setup would be a vague marker pointing at my next destination.

You're in luck because at launch (and I know they've made a bunch of changes so maybe it's gotten even better?) the game had a shitload of options to customize your HUD. I wish every game had DS2/DS3's thing though that makes your HUD completely fade out when you're just running around peacefully not in combat. I've been playing Wind Waker HD and it could reaaaally use it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

There's a thread over on NeoGaf claiming that the ps4 version both looks AND runs better after this last patch (talkin' bout Witcher here...) in the base game as well. I'm redownloadig it now. Is this true in anyone else's experience?

DF says so iirc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any reason I would need to play TW3 Hearts of Stone before Blood and Wine?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

Is there any reason I would need to play TW3 Hearts of Stone before Blood and Wine?
Isn't it supposed to be good too?

I'm approaching the endgame of vanilla Witcher 3 (on my second time through on a new platform) but I can't decide whether to start the DLC before or after finishing the game. The make-up of the world changes a lot at the end of the game, does it affect the DLC?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Afaik it's good I'd just rather play the big one first.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Isn't it supposed to be good too?

I'm approaching the endgame of vanilla Witcher 3 (on my second time through on a new platform) but I can't decide whether to start the DLC before or after finishing the game. The make-up of the world changes a lot at the end of the game, does it affect the DLC?

No. Also I don't really remember the makeup of the world changing all that much post-game.

NESguerilla posted:

Afaik it's good I'd just rather play the big one first.

HoS has lower level requirements, so if you play the big one first it'll either be too hard or you'll finish it and be way overleveled for all the HoS stuff. The story of HoS is the best in all of Witcher 3, including both DLCs, so it's probably worth playing anyways in my opinion.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

qbert posted:

No. Also I don't really remember the makeup of the world changing all that much post-game.
I mean, Ciri might be the empress and Dijkstra might be the king of the north and so on, aren't those important?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mean, Ciri might be the empress and Dijkstra might be the king of the north and so on, aren't those important?

No, none of that affects either DLC.

Actually, if you do HoS before finding Ciri on the Isle, I think there's one or two mentions of that in HoS but that's the extent of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

qbert posted:

HoS has lower level requirements, so if you play the big one first it'll either be too hard or you'll finish it and be way overleveled for all the HoS stuff. The story of HoS is the best in all of Witcher 3, including both DLCs, so it's probably worth playing anyways in my opinion.

Where do I stand if I finished the main game and my save is pretty much at the beginning of NG+? Can I just jump into either? I think I was around level 35 or 45 I can't remember anymore.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing through Diablo III with a friend and while I'm having a ton of fun, holy poo poo that game does not want to give my Demon Hunter a legendary bow. We just got to the fourth chapter and the game has not given me a single legendary bow. It's given me three whole legendary quivers but it's become a joke at this point that every time a legendary weapon drops, it's for my friend's Monk. He sometimes gets them so rapidly that he doesn't get to use them. What is this games deal?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I havent finished Blood and Wine yet, but it has the feeling of an epilogue. I expect when i go through it all again on hardest difficulty in a year or so, ill save it for last then too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

DF says so iirc

I heard DF said Blood and Wine expansion was, or do you mean they explicitly said ps4 game was just flat out improved across the board?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The patch around HoS significantly improved PS4 performance, and the new zone in BaW is designed in a way that streams much more efficiently, making both look and run better than the base game. I haven't noticed any improvements from the 1.20 patch on the base game areas though. Pretty sure getting the same boost the new area gets in the base areas would require massive re-design.

If you haven't played since before HoG was released then you'll notice a big boost though, especially in Crookback Bog and Novigrad.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

Where do I stand if I finished the main game and my save is pretty much at the beginning of NG+? Can I just jump into either? I think I was around level 35 or 45 I can't remember anymore.

Nope, you're boned. NG+ scales all quests up to NG+ levels, and both DLCs are meant to be played endgame/post-game. So in NG+, HoS quests are probably like level 60-70 and B&W is even higher.

Your best bet, if you don't have an end-of-game NG save, is to use the stand-alone option to play the DLCs.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I decided to buy a new (used) PS3 again after selling my old one about a year ago, and man, it makes me appreciate how much faster the 4 can do basically anything. It took more than an hour to sync my trophies initially and about 45 minutes to install each game after downloading them at vastly slower speed than on the 4. The 3 was so not made with the internet or game installing or trophies or almost anything in mind it's not even funny.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

qbert posted:

Nope, you're boned. NG+ scales all quests up to NG+ levels, and both DLCs are meant to be played endgame/post-game. So in NG+, HoS quests are probably like level 60-70 and B&W is even higher.

Your best bet, if you don't have an end-of-game NG save, is to use the stand-alone option to play the DLCs.

Wow I loving hate DLC in RPG's

At least there's a standalone option I guess which is more than I can say for most games.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 4, 2016

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Yeah, I am backing up a bloodborne save in anticipation of any bullshit. Also, because I may save scum to do the multiple endings if that works.

Also gently caress bloodsucking beasts. Seriously, what an annoying enemy, more annoying than most bosses. I managed to basically avoid them, but their erratic movement poo poo combined with the amount of damage is just nothing short of annoying. Also, I wasted way too long on Micolash who was easy as hell but I spent 10 minutes running a marathon in his bozo haunted house.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wow The Witcher 3 does actually run pretty well now, no more hovering around 25fps (at least not that I've seen so far).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

muscles like this? posted:

Starbreeze bought the Payday franchise and has stated that they're dropping all microtransactions from Payday 2.

This is a few pages ago, but Starbreeze made some good games in the earlier stages of the last generation and I like the idea of the Payday franchise so I might need a new pair of shorts if they announce Payday 3 or something like it.

Payday 2 was fun for a little while and if they can get rid of the grindy feeling somehow and unfuck the progression stuff I will play the hell out of a sequel or reboot or whatever.

• Locked thread