Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Groin Sklunger
SCRANT

Overcome with scruntlust, Groin brings the Scruntauros in from the south, and begins performing enormous tactical doughnuts.

_______

I want to deploy the Scruntauros directly below mob 3, then perform a Ram! action against them.

I then spend my 2 other turns of combat performing erratic dangerous doughnuts in the Scruntauros, in an effort to confuse and possibly run over some rabbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, the chimera

Grumb cackles, popping the back hatch of the chimera as he brings Bernie to bear against the deadly malbrathian dog-rabbits.

"Bring me aroun', Mung! I'ma cook 'em up right 'n quick fer ya!" He hollers to the cyscrunt at the control wheel. Peeved though he may be for getting ordered around, Mungly Mung cannot help but notice that Grumb has finally learned his name. As he steers the chimera, he idly wonders if it had anything to do with getting his face removed recently.

--------------------------------------------

Grumb will operate on a very simple program during this combat.
TURN ONE, Grumb will aim and fire, attempting to melt some dograbbits.
IF there is anyone more responsible than Grumb in the chimera, they will berate him.

TURN TWO, if Grumb was berated, he will swap weapons to his Scrunt Rifle.
If Grumb was not berated, Grumb will aim and fire, attempting to melt some dograbbits.

TURN THREE, if Grumb is holding his Scrunt Rifle, he will aim and fire, looking for clean kills.
If Grumb is holding his Meltagun, he will aim and fire, attempting to melt some dograbbits.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug

Grug pops his head out of a hatch of the speeding chimera, fat tongue flapping in the wind, leaving streamers of viscous spittle in their wake.

Each turn he'll do a half aim and a semi-auto with his tiny hosed up multi-laser because thinking is hard, except for the first turn where he'll shoot a frag grenade at the nearest group. Grug is definitely not more responsible than Grumb

the fart question fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 4, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, Filling rabbits with holes

So I must have missed the mention of a stealth round but here is a stealth test anyway

23 vs 77 (47 +20 +10)

So if this lets me set up in the treeline, I will use Flet as my spotter and do called shots on rabbit legs with my long las each turn if I can. Grimply has hunting experience in his cool lore so he should be able to bag a rabbit without obliterating it even if he uses a decent power weapon?

If I don't sit in the treeline, I will magboot ontop of the scruntmera and do the same as before because the aim penalty doesn't phase me much

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Sergeant Gumbo Bulge, Riding shotgun in the Taurus
14/14 Wounds
2/2 Fate

Gumbo clutches at the doorframe of the Taurus as it barrels toward the alarmed creatures. He grunts as it hits another bump. This is no good he thinks, Look at me, sitting here falling about, mewling like a little Scruntling. But I'm - he grips the dash and plants his feet - the iron - he pops the door on the Taurus and leans out. "Scrunt!!" He yells, waving his chainsword menacingly.

Determined to be heard over the wind and the screaming tyres, he lifts his laudhailer with his free hand and points it at Groin, beside him in the driver's seat.

"DRIVE US CLOSER GROIN!" He screams. "I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"

Gumbo will be heroically inspiring Groin to buff the ram action, and firing his bolt pistol wildly from the passenger seat (aim and shoot by default, half action shoot for the turn with the ramming/heroic inspire), if by some chance the Taurus slows enough for him to bail. If it's ever possible to attack with a chainsword from the passenger seat of a speeding vehicle then he will do that instead of firing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ee-Caecum, Easy Go
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeIbUvBU39U

The rabbit-beasts crop gently at the ragged hillside grass, winding around the truly gigantic piles of spoor dotting the open expanse, occasionally snapping at a small animal or bird that gets too close, clamping shut weird hybrid jaws with a snuffling bark and a wet crunch. Grimply has, miraculously, persuaded the scruntherd to pause out of sight for a moment while they go over their detailed and intensely complicated plan for the third time. The sniper will get up a tree, and then the rest of the scrunts will attack, driving them towards his firing position. If he's lucky he'll be able to re-enact Groin's spirited tower defense during the farm assault, and drop grenades onto the fleeing rabbits. Even if that's not the case, at least he'll be able to hit something, unlike all the other scrunts stuck in speeding metal boxes.

Flet toils behind Grimply, gamely trying to keep up on the rocky, slippy slope. The scrunts make good time - several times the rabbits raise their heads and wrinkle their noses as an errant gust of wind blows Grimply's piss-cloaked scent towards them, but it gives them no cause for concern. Stopping beneath a particularly sturdy fir tree, the sniper deploys his grapnel, shimmies up to a handy-looking branch, and scrunts softly into his commbead. It'll be nice to fight something that doesn't shoot back for once...

Yurik's tripmine, or indeed any other form of booby trap, would probably work wonders here. Bit late now, though. Grimply eyes the enormous piles of poo poo scattered about with some trepidation - he hopes some other scrunt doesn't claim them before he gets a chance.

----

Leporideathwish
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_nE0-SXRI

The peaceful, idyllic hillside is disrupted by a curious sound. A metallic roar, unlike any predator the rabbits are aware of. They tense up, immediately on guard, as without warning, the scruntherd descends...

initial map - click for big

Groin is first into the fray as, stamping firmly down on the Tauros' accelerator and yeeing at the top of his lungs, he plows his vehicle into the unsuspecting mob of creatures on the lower slopes, smearing a family group into paste. He harries the rabbit-beasts, herding them to the east and managing to not gently caress up his squadmates’ shots too badly. Stamping along merrily in his wake, the Scruntinel teeters precariously over the southernmost rough terrain, technoscrunt pilots having a wild old time as the war machine comes dangerously close to toppling over.

Screeching defiance, and urging Groin on to a slightly greater ram than would otherwise be expected, Gumbo slams his chainsword into the neck of one of the beasts, allowing the impetus of the charging Tauros to add weight to his strike. His delicate, finely-balanced weapon judders alarmingly under the impact, but holds, and flays open a rabbit's neck. It swiftly expires from bloodloss. Once the rabbits begin to flee, he has less luck with his bolt pistol – such is his frustration that he neglects to order Pirk to do anything during this time.

Murdelia snarls with a ferocious joy unbecoming in a medic as she unloads at point blank range - with a chirurgeon's precision, she stuns two unfortunate beasts, cleanly slays four more, and completely obliterates a seventh. Her weapon jams shortly afterwards though, and she spends precious seconds clearing the spent round.

Mung roars the Scruntmera forward at top speed, heedless of his passenger's attempts to shoot straight. Drekk does his best - initially trying to wait until the vehicle stops before he takes a shot, it swiftly becomes apparent that the scruntmera will never stop, and so the swordscrunt blazes away as best he can. Initially he struggles with the unfamiliar turret controls and the fact that the Chimera’s blasting at top speed with bad scrunt speedmetal blaring from the speakers – he soon gets the hang of it, and aided by Widget’s tracer fire, lays out ten dead dograbbits over the course of the assault.

Grumb gleefully melts large swathes of countryside with his new toy. With rumbling thrumbs and throoms the multi-melta reduces groups of rabbits to ash. Useless, crumbling ash.

Grimply, from his snipers perch, effortlessly picks out three particularly juicy-looking specimens, and attempts to line up suitable disabling shots on them. The braying, panicked herd makes such a task impossible, and he eventually settles for drilling them through the head with his recently-neglected longlas.

Grug slams a frag round into his underslung grenade launcher and, with a pleasing flumb, ejects it towards the unsuspecting rabbit herd. A couple of the beasts are still moving after the blast of shrapnel, but presumably some sort of un-scrunty mercy stays his hand – or maybe it’s the fact that the Chimera’s blasting at top speed - and he manages to miss with his followup lasfire.

Yurik gets excited and fills a couple of rabbits with lead, rendering their corpses unusable in his fervour. Astonishingly, the militia seem to be the only ones who’ve quite grasped the situation, and, between the twelve of them hanging out of the limousine, manage to account for pretty much the entire remainder of the first rabbitbeast herd. They even manage to go for flesh wounds for the most part, leaving a bunch of rabbits still breathing.

----

The initial rush of the attack has faded, with just over twenty corpses in usable condition and probably about half then in wounded, immobilized rabbits, but there’s still beasts on the field.

here is the map showing where all the moves were

here is a less cluttered map

The eastern treeline sways invitingly as the rabbits sprint towards it.

Grimply: is acutely aware that it’s not just the wind doing this. The stench of rabbit-beast fear pheromone is thick in the air, even though it’s been less than half a minute since the assault began. Something huge is crashing through the trees towards the fray. Something huge, and rabbity.

----

possibly nws for satanic computertits??

anyway as mentioned you get 1.5 x the square root of not-overkilled rabbits in supply points (i.e. not 7+ damage more than needed), let's see how you go. I have ignored the -20 to hit Running formations because I don’t think it makes sense for groups of this size, and because otherwise you idiots wouldn’t hit anything

groin rams, evasive manoeuvres, and evasive manoeuvres. i assume you want mob 2, not the mob 3 that you wanted to aim for and cannot in fact reach. he basically nearly fucks up, fucks up, and fucks up - the ram only succeeds due to mob size, and the evasive manoeuvres have no benefit. however, as the rabbits aren't shooting back, it doesn't matter.

i'm giving the ram the Blast (Tauros Size) quality, so that's 2. it's gone 30m; ram damage is therefore 20, 37 and 21. all three rabbits are uselessly smeared into the ground. three down from mob 2.

scruntinel roams around.

gumbo shoots or slashes as he can; first attack hits due to Tauros charge bonus, killing a rabbit (bodycount: 1, four down from mob 2). second and third go wide.

murdelia blazes away merrily; she gets a really good barrage in the first round (7 hits with bonuses), jams in the second, clears in the third. that's four usables and two live ones (bodycount: 5, livecount: 2, eleven down from mob 2)

mung drives: lack of any actual description of speed means he guns it all-out, because he is a scrunt massive success on round 1, failure on 2, mild success on 3.

drekk guns; failure on round one, but actually connects on rounds two and three for two (four) and three (six) hits respectively (Storm autogun, scrunty lube for +1DoS). that's ten rabbit hits - eight usable bodies, one live one (bodycount: 13, livecount: 3, ten down from mob 1)

grumb has a blast weapon and literally cannot scatter far enough to miss; i have only rolled to see if he jams, which he does not. six rabbits are uselessly melted under his assault – sixteen down from mob 1.

grimply snipes; called shots with an aimer against Bits What Won't gently caress Up The Corpses, with three hits. all are clean kills ((bodycount: 16, livecount: 3, three down from mob 3.

grug grenades, shoots - cannot miss with the frag, so does four hits - miraculously, he rolls badly enough to leave one alive and one usable. added to this is two gun attacks; he fails a lot. ((bodycount: 17, livecount: 4, with twenty total down from mob 1)

yurik shoots three times; two hits on the first volley, jam and a reload on the second and third. both rabbits that he hits are blown uselessly to pieces, with twenty two down from mob 1.

the militia shoot three times. amazingly, they get a total of twenty one DoS once modifiers are taken into account, giving you six usable bodies and seven (!!) wounded rabbits. ((bodycount: 22, livecount: :siren: 10 :siren:, with all of mob 1 and six from mob 3 down).

nice job, retards. the untrained scrunt mob did better than you lot. two rounds remain.

tauros scrunts cannot see mob two this round; the southern spur of rock is in the way. groin will have to get you in view before you can fire, but vehicles go first

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, press x to use scrunter sense

Grimply has a done a lot of hunting in his time. It doesn't really matter where he goes, as he always manages to find something small and barely sentient to kill and eat. Sometimes not even in that order. As such, he feels right at home in his sniper tree and happily plinks away at the fluffy herd that the other scrunts are chasing towards him. The rest of the crew is slamming it up a bit too much for his taste, but who can blame them? In moments like these the father smiles upon his scrunts because slamming is what they're supposed to do! After another kill for the pile, Grimply lowers his scope and checks the situation. The tip of the herd has almost reached his spot and there won't be much sense in going for them. The bigger bulk that's still some distance away promises more kills before they reach him so he swings his rifle back into action.

But before he can line up the next shot, the hairs on his warty neck tingle. Something has changed. Something in the forest. Most scrunts wouldn't notice the subtle changes in the background noise of the forest, but Grimply needed to learn such things back when he was a lone scrunt on his hosed up home planet. This is the same feeling he got when there was something dangerous in the forest with him. But what happens next could probably be noticed by any other scrunt, since the distant cracking of trees and foliage echoes towards the treeline. Grimply grits his crooked teeth, and flicks his microbead to transmit. He's not sure who's receiving, or if they'll hear him over the slamming, but that's all he can do right now.

"Listen, lads! Yer fackers better be cutting yer slammin short cause we's got somethin comin. Somethin big an probably mad! So git yer guns closer ta me shooty tree quick, roight?"

Okay, here's some info for the party. Our rabbit murder spree has triggered something big to come to us from my treeline. It's probably a rabbit and quite possibly totally hosed up. So I'd suggest you get ready to kick it into hyper slam gear. However, I wrote my post in such a way that you can choose not to know because you didn't hear me. No idea why, but go nuts if you want

Right, on to my stuff. I'm unsure if we're still in a condensed turn format, but my plan is to get hidden until our mystery beast arrives and has moved past me so that I can nail it in the butt. My longlas should do fine, no need for the artillery. So let's start with a stealth test to see how well Grimply rubs against his tree

48 vs 77 (47 +20 +10) pretty good

Then I'll either call shots on the mystery beast's head/butt in condensed turn format, or do my thing in normal format. Oh, and if the beast finds me, then I'll sprint the gently caress away towards the northern border of the map and try to reach another tree/bush there

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 12, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's two more turns of killing rabbit packs to go. you can fire then hide if you want

but yeah i want two rounds of actions from everyone

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah sure, sounds right to me

Btw here's a quick sneak peek at our new encounter for everyone

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
More like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SZYZLfZ7E

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do poo poo by sunday 22nd or your scrunts will simply repeat their previous actions

e: dicks!!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Click for Mood Music

Mung grips the wheel tighter with his greasy sausage like fingers as he slides forward in his seat to better jam the gas pedal down as hard as possible. These rabbit things will rue the day they milled about aimlessly in an open field waiting to be shot and/or stabbed and/or ran down.

---

Continuing to flat out in chasing the fleeing mobs of ferocious bunnies. Should something large and rabbity pop out in near vicinity to me, then switching my action to RAMMING SPEED. Keep in mind I've got +10 from mind impulse unit and +5 from my armor.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 17, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

Wounds: 12/12
Fate Points: 2/2

Despite not being the best shot, Drekk managed to take down several rabbits. Having a rapid-fire gun to compensate for accuracy certainly helps.

He readies himself for another salvo.

"'EY WIDGET! Get ready for anutha go!"

----

Same as before: Half-Aim then Semi-Auto Burst with Widget doing a Ranged Volley for support.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 17, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

do poo poo by sunday 22nd or your scrunts will simply repeat their previous actions

e: dicks!!

Murdelia

"FACK, oval office" Murdelia shouts out as her scruntgun jams up and she fiddles with it to clear it. After thats fixed, she gets back to gleefully firing on wabbits.

2 actions of half round aim, half action full auto burst formations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Groin Sklunger
Watership Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

___

:getin: Frenzy motherscrunter! :getin:

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug

Well now, isn't this fun! But he's killing the things he wants as friends? That's what a bad, nasty scrunt would do...

But yeah, it's fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11wUZ1RnB0

e: 2 turns, poo poo I'll full auto for both, shooting bigwabbit if it's there

the fart question fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 19, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Great Malibrathia Dograbbit Shoot
Malbrathia-3
Fate Points 2/2
Wounds 12/12
Local Area Map

Yurik cackled and whooped as defenseless creatures were slaughtered left and right, some of them by his own hand and some of them even still edible in the aftermath of the sudden carnage that had descended upon the unaware lapicanine inhabitants of this stretch of land. The militia had acquitted themselves admirably under his expert leadership, felling plenty of the creatures as they hurtled towards the stampeding packs with the limo in hot pursuit, and while ordinarily the Loremaster considered such "hands on" fighting to be beneath him (when he wasn't backed into a desperate corner, of course) if there was one thing scrunts loved as much as wallowing in their own filth and staring owlishly at things it was killing something smaller and weaker than them. "Good job, lads!" he shouted, letting off a burst of rifle fire in excitement. "Keep pourin' it on! Show these critters who the REAL top o' the food chain is around here!"

A quick burst of static interrupted his maniacal exclamations, his annoyance tempered when he heard Grimply's voice coming through over the microbead lodged in his ear. "Listen, lads! Yer fackers better be cutting yer slammin short cause we's got somethin comin. Somethin big an probably mad! So git yer guns closer ta me shooty tree quick, roight?"

Yurik's expression quickly grew serious, and while under most circumstances he would take this as his cue to move away from whatever was bigger and angrier than him his resolve was currently bolstered by being surrounded by a dozen armed scrunts as well as 4,000 pounds of Imperial engineering. "Right then, you heard'im!," he said, even though the other scrunts didn't actually possess microbeads of his own. "Hack, get yerself aimed at that tree right there an' step on it! The rest o' you fackers, keep shootin'! An' don't stop shootin' 'til you've shot everything there is to shoot!"

Yurik is ordering the limo to head towards Grimply's position as requested while ordering the militia to KEEP FIRING(!!!). He himself will ready his own actions for the eventual arrival of some dograbbithemoth and at that point will use his phenomenal psychic powers to either combust it or cause it to hallucinate, whichever he's in better range for.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger's gleeful cackling gradually deteriorates to a low chuckle as he bombards rabbit after rabbit with wavy blasts of concentrated heat.

"Hahahahah hahaheheheh, heheh heh, heh heh, hehhhh... humm."

His laughter turns to a languid sigh as one helpless beast after another turns to blackened ash before him. It's fun, to be sure, but it had started to feel almost... unfair. Grumb craves a bigger target, something threatening. Something terrifying, that would truly demonstrate his mettle. He wistfully recalls the monstrous form of Sgt Hardchest barreling through the dormitory walls like a juggernaut. He smiles as he recollects the horrifying machine-man, gazing absently into the late-morning sky as he issues melta blasts nonchalantly from the back hatch of the chimera.

Grumb yelps as the microbead crackles to life in his ear, narrowly missing the limousine with an accidental discharge of heat as he jolts from his idle daydream. Grimply's voice assaults his inner ear with the screech of tinny feedback, which only bothers him until he makes sense of the communiqué.

"Listen, lads! Yer fackers better be cutting yer slammin short cause we's got somethin comin. Somethin big an probably mad! So git yer guns closer ta me shooty tree quick, roight?"

Grumb whips around, heaving himself upward as he nests his boot into a convenient hand-hold. Perched perilously out the back of the chimera, he rests Bernie atop the vehicle and takes aim toward the treeline. They may find a challenge in this valley yet.

------------------------------
Grumb is using one action to reposition himself into a forward-facing stance, and another to take aim at the approaching beast. If the monster is not in view by his turn, any extra actions go toward haphazard melta blasts in the general direction of the remaining rabbits.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 23, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tactical Superiority
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YanwyGP0Li4

Rabbitbeasts leap and die in droves as scrunty armoured cavalry veers erratically towards them, scalding blasts of energy, explosions, and hails of bullets carving up the countryside. Unarmed and terrified beasts versus bloodthirsty scrunts - something about the imbalance seems to set Groin off, and he attempts to even the odds by throwing a thrashing wobbler in the drivers' seat of the Tauros. His passengers scream and yell at him as the engine idles uselessly for precious seconds, before he once again stamps on the accelerator and burbles insanely after the fleeing rabbit hordes.

The Scruntinel hops precariously over the scree to the south, and closes in on the third mob of rabbitbeasts. Screeching with glee, the technoscrunt pilots barges in among the terrified rabbitbeasts, while the technoscrunt gunner jets a superheated blast of promethium into the midst of the mob, burning a pair of unlucky creatures to a useless crisp. If it were possible for the mob to be any more panicked, this'd certainly give them cause. The rabbits dive out of range of the awkwardly-sliding walker with alacrity, but there's still time for a second blast before they can get out of range.

Mung guns his engine, leering out across to the lesser technoscrunt driving the limousine. Predictably, Mung leaves him in the dust - the Scruntmera roars in a perfect racing line, crunching through foliage and over boulders, tearing across the mountainside towards the fleeing beasts. Yurik's limo trundles along behind.

Grimply casually snipes a sprinting rabbitbeast before fading back into the leaves. Something big's coming, and he wants a chance to size up its weaknesses before it tears down the tree he's perched in and eats him alive.

Drekk, aided by tracer fire from Widget, hoses down the distant rabbitherd with lead. Stray shells raise great clouds of dust as six of the creatures jerk and begin pumping out great gouts of treacley blood; his second salvo is mostly absorbed by the corpses of those gone before, and no further creatures fall.

Murdelia is stymied by Groin's initial thrashing frenzy, and loses precious seconds that could be spent gunning. Such is her aggravation that, when she finally gets to make a salvo, she nearly goes wide. Only a single rabbit crashes to the ground in several pieces, Murdelia's inherent bloodthirstyness rendering the corpse unfit for use.

Grug remains indecisive up until the last few seconds of potential slaughter - his first barrage only brings down a couple of beasts, one a charred smoking ruin, before he realises he actually quite likes killing these things. Adjusting his aim, he wipes out another five of the creatures, turning three of these into charcoal briquettes. His lasblaster clicks, charge pack totally empty.

Grumb incincerates another couple terrified animals before getting curious as to what happens against something that's bigger than his weapon's blast radius. Would the whole thing melt, or just the bit he fires at? He hoists himself up into a firing position out of the Scruntmera's top hatch, slipstream whipping greasy hair around his face and finger tightening on the melta's firing stud. His shades fly off against the torrent, but thankfully Guy snatches them out of midair and replaces them, upside down.

The Militia, once again appearing - rather worryingly - to be the only scrunts with much of a clue, blast away from the open windows of the limousine, choosing their shots carefully and not dumping their entire magazines out when a creature of unknown capability may well be stamping towards them at this very minute. Six more beasts fall under their onslaught, three in usable condition, but their final volley of shots goes wide as they eye Yurik nervously. He's started to drool and mutter again, and not in the usual scrunty way.

Gumbo fails to provide the leadership the squad require, remaining uncharacteristically quiet as he fails to connect with a single boltpistol shot.

click for big - loads of rabbits dead

----

Reversal
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWL1Rs2SJ9E

The remaining beasts scamper and scurry off through the undergrowth, but there's no time for guns to cool down or for engines to turn over before the source of Grimply's concerns comes blundering into view.

Trees crack and splinter under its bulk as it barges through the sparse, alpine forest. It stomps, snorts and tears at the ground, digging with its colossal tusks and grubbing with its enormous paws. It must be two storeys at least - gnarled hide and patched fur, a titanic creature that makes a Fenrisian wolf look like a newborn puppy. A low, baying howl tears from its throat as the Rabehemoth rears up before stomping back down to earth with colossal force.

On the plus side, it's not displaying any evidence of ranged attacks, and it's not mutated any sort of armour. Grumb, jaws clenching on his cigar butt, heaves his microwave cannon to bear and manages to catch the creature straight in its gargantuan face across an equally gargantuan distance. The range seems to have robbed the beam of most of its power, and while the creature screeches and howls in deafening agony, it doesn't appear to have taken any major damage.

It, and its friend, appear less than amused.

here's the map!

code:
initiative block has arrived

drekk		15
gumbo		13
grimply		13
murdelia	13
militia		13
grug		12
groin		10
scruntinel	9
mung		8
grumb		7
rabehemoth 2	6
rabehemoth 1	5
yurik		4

----

scrunt

no-one's called me out on the fact that every single one of your vehicles bar the truck have Enhanced Motive Systems and so should be going way way further on Floor It actions. your vehicles have suddenly gotten a lot faster these two rounds, but you're out of luck for the previous three

groin frenzies for his first turn. he will attempt to ram into something by Flooring It followed by a Ram, and will then leap from the open-topped drivers seat and begin attacking whatever he's attacked in hand-to-hand combat wth all-out attacks if not otherwise specified. he will not be able to get back in the car or retreat, so, well, have fun pretty much sitting out the rest of combat. still, he gets a p good roll on his Floor It test and the tauros moves 60m, so cool

scruntinel pulps four rabbits uselessly

mung gets some decent rolls on the Floor It and crosses half the map. the limo does a little worse.

grimply shoots a rabbit dead and hides successfully. (bodycount: 23, livecount: 10)

drekk does a couple salvos against an initial target number of 41 (-20 speed, +20 mobsize, +10 aim, +5 widget, +0 semi auto, +26 BS) - pretty good rolls again, for 2DoS+1 for the first shot, i.e. 6 hits. that's 6 kills, 2 useful and 2 still-living, which brings the mob size down to 17. which means the size bonus is only 10 now, which means the second shot misses! (bodycount: 25, livecount: 12)

murdelia can't do her first attack thanks to groin, and can't aim because she can't see anything. but for her second she gets 1dos. by this point the rabbitherd is under half-strength and the size bonus is only +10. however, the +2 damage from Mighty Shot put the damage roll over the edge, and the corpse is useless. welp!

grug shoots, against a TN of 55 and then 45, getting a single DoS + a bonus one from Lasgun Barrage, followed by four + 1 from his second. rabbits die. (bodycount: 26, livecount: 10)

grumb shoots rabbits for another couple kills against mob 2, and then, because the actions you've given me don't make sense but i got the gist of what you're going for, goes on Overwatch against the treeline, with firing criteria of "shooting big fuckin' monsters and i don't particularly care if it's at Long Range".

yurik holds his actions, but you know how each square is 6m? you're nowhere near in range for psychic attacks at this stage.

gumbo misses his shot.

militia get another few kills (bodycount: 29, livecount: 10)

rabehemoths have shown up. small arms fire may be of limited use against these creatures. grumb beaned one straight in the face with a multimelta but rolled real bad on the damage, which is why it's still very much in Green damage territory. the red dash on their map icon indicates what square they're actually in - the coloured dot on their howdahs indicates how damaged they are.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 8, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia

Current Boltgun Clip: 21/24
Spare Boltgun Clips: gently caress if I remember

"Oi dats a big floof rite dere. Oi Arnika! Get me the boltah!" Murdelia says as she hands Arnika her autogun with her left and takes the Boltgun with the right and begin immediately focusing fire on whatever the rest of the scrunts are shooting at.

Half action spent by murdelia and Comrade to trade guns. Half Action for Comrade to volley fire and half action for Murdelia to fire a semi-auto burst
Initiative (before any modifiers like combat formation): 1d10+4 7
Semi Auto Burst vs 50 (base BS): 1d100 81
Against a normal sized target that's a hell of a miss but with big rear end things like this its just a matter of figure out what the actual DoS is based on positive modifiers. I'll let you figure that one out DJF.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

"Those are some big rabbits." Drekk lets out with a hearty whistle. They're also very, very, angry at the convoy for attacking their fellow rabbits.

He carefully aims the gun at the rabehemoth with a slightly singed face before squeezing the trigger, releasing another burst. Widget tries his damnedest to provide supporting fire too.

The ammo counter on the gun ticks down, it might be time to reload soon.

---
Half-aim, semi-auto burst on the rabbit monster that Grumb singed, with Widget using Ranged Volley

First time rolling for a ranged attack,let's see...

26 BS + 5 (Half-Aim) + 5 (Ranged Volley) + 50 (size bonus against rabehemoths) = 86

Rolled a 48

Also I calculated the range and the distance between the Scruntmera and the rabbit is 102 meters (or possibly 96) and the Storm Autogun has a 100 meter range, that might play into hitting and damage

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 5, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung's zealous indignation at defenseless dograbbits quickly turns south as the marauding colossal hellrabbits march their way out of the trees.

Faced with several combatants several times bigger than his vehicle, Mung's overdeveloped fight or flight instinct kicks in and lands squarely on "flight". He jams the chimera in reverse and guns it the way he came from: in reverse.

____

My character's mood is feculent and fearful. Full speed ahead behind!

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug
Fate: 2/2

Over-excited Grug completely fails to notice his lasblaster powering down, "Wee he hehehe heeeee, Grumb. Grumb. GRUMB!" whose attention is rather understandably focused on other matters but Grug perseveres and he continues in a quiet, tender tone, "this is the most fun I've ever had old pal."

The scruntmera lurches as it jams into reverse, bringing him back down to reality (slightly).

"NO! DRIVE ME CLOSER, I WANT A BIG WABBIT!" he shrieks as he makes preparations.

Time to reload: half action to load a frag into the UGL and half action reload the lasblaster.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Malbrathia-3
Fate Points 2/2
Wounds 12/12
Local Area Map

Yurik's heady rush of sadistic overconfidence popped like a flatulent bubble as the massive creatures Grimply had warned them about crashed their way out of the forest, bellowing their rabbity displeasure. Their glorious charge against hordes of small, defenseless creatures had now become an altogether different sort of affair, one the Loremaster wanted no part of.

"Reverse! Reverse!," he shrieked, diving bodily over the seats into the drivers compartment, grabbing onto the wheel as Hack rasped and attempted to regain control of the now careening limousine, the vehicle swerving this way and that as the frantic scrunts scuffled in a wild panic. "Full stop! Hard about to larbord! Abandon ship!" Yurik slammed his foot downwards, seeking the vehicle's brake pedal, but instead wound up stomping on both Hack's foot as well as the accelerator, the vehicle lurching forward as it sped towards the gargantuan creatures while weaving drunkenly back and forth as both scrunts struggled for control of the wheel.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Narratively Yurik wants to gtfo but in actuality I would like to get closer to the giant creatures so I can attempt to use my psychic bullshit on them, but I also don't want to get killed so if there's some sort of "drive forward faster while taking evasive maneuvers" option then that's the one, Yurik will continue to hold his action until the opportunity presents itself to unleash said psychic bullshittery. The militia can do whatever they want because apparently they're the stars of this show.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Big Game
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5Ffp1-EJo

Roars. Bellows. Foul smells. All of these and more are present in the scrunty vehicles, as the occupants react with various degrees of emotion to the massive, onrushing creatures who have emerged from the treeline. Big, brutal and horrible, sure, but Scruntfather, they're made of meat.

Drekk, forgoing the gigantic multilaser bristling from the turret in which he dwells, instead chooses to aim his autogun at the massive beasts bearing down on the squad. He manages to send a few rounds skittering across its toughened pelt, and one bullet even seems to draw blood!

Gumbo calmly watches the action, aware that he is strapped into the passenger seat of a bouncing assault vehicle while the driver violently attacks himself and thrashes the steering wheel. Pistol in hand, he contemplates suicide with surprisingly good cheer. Pirk, compressed mostly into the glove compartment, watches in horror.

Grimply, too, calmly watches the action. Flet urgently sights on the closest beast but holds his fire for now, gibbering faintly.

Murdelia, sickened by the lack of dakka so far displayed, sights dramatically down the barrel of her boltgun and unleashes a salvo of chattering bolts. Even from the cupola of a racing vehicle, the scrunt aims true - a trio of screaming bolts whistles through the air towards the southernmost beast. By a fluke, they catch the beast in its soft underbelly just as it's crashing back down to earth after rearing up - its bellow of hatred is suddenly syncopated by the detonation of three mass-reactive shells deep in its lungs, and the building-sized monster thuds to the ground as its legs give out. Blood drools from scrunt-sized lips as it shakes its head groggily; the beast is hurt. Bad.

Panicking, the militia pour fire in most directions. Shells bounce off the interior of the vehicle, the rear armour of the Scruntmera, the mountainside, and a few even thud into the quivering bulk of the hellrabbit poised in the distance. It doesn't seem to mind all that much.

Grug reloads with gusto as, below him, Groin froths and jabbers. His robotic arm works the gearstick of the Tauros in a rather distressing fashion, and his stamping robot leg jams down on the accelerator. Skirting precariously close to the Scruntinel, Groin plugs full-speed ahead towards the wounded horrorshow in front of him. It is huge! That means it must have huge ears! He wants blood. Blood!

The scruntinel blunders vaguely into the line of fire, picking its way through fields of dead and dying smaller rabbits. It doesn't flame anything this round, perhaps out of confusion.

Mung expertly snaps the Scruntmera's gearstick off in a panic, locking it into fifth gear; thinking quickly, he sends a scrunty message of goodwill through his MIU to the vehicle's primitive machine spirit, attempting to persuade it to act. As if stung by some sort of horrifying greasy insect, the vehicle surges backwards like a man discovering an unexpected turd in his bathtub, gears smoking and spinning as it desperately tries to get away away AWAY.

Grumb watches the larger rabbits recede into the distance with some bafflement. He chooses to wait a second or two before firing, to see if a better solution presents itself.

The wounded beast shakes off its stun, although it does still lie prone in a reasonably-sized crater. Getting that huge bulk up on its feet will be somewhat of an undertaking; many of the scrunts watching are suddenly struck, unbidden, by memories of their mother.

Unlike the scrunts' mothers', however, the northern beast by contrast has very little love to give. Distracted by gunfire, the stench of its own burnt fur, and the onslaught of weird clanking metal things that show up and then retreat, it howls again and charges the nearest clanky metal thing. Clods of earth and scraps of rabbitflesh churn beneath its gigantic paws as it slams its massive tusks into the heart of the Scruntinel. The crew attempt to pivot on one leg but it is too late, too late - the main promethium tanks are pierced and flood the red-hot engine assembly, detonating with a shuddering boom. Bits of red-hot scrunt rain down around the stricken walker as it topples to the ground; the colossal wolf-rabbit thing, for its part, manages to burn its lip on some superheated armour plating, and it bellows in pain, looking for something else to kill.

Yurik, belatedly, attempts to stop the limo full of terrified scrunts from drifting towards the enormous killing machines currently filling a large section of mountaintop with a foul rabbity stench. The creature's strange, lapilupine mind begins to take shape in the aetherscape ahead of him; if the psyscrunt really reached out and wrenched, he thinks he could make use of the clouds of flaming promethium gouting out near to the beast, but the risks, the risks...

map!

full map if you want it

----

scrunnnnT

drekk gets his semi on; TN is actually 26 (BS) + 10 (aim) + 5 (ranged volley) + 50 (size) - 20 (Scruntmera full speed on previous turn) for a total of 71; 48 is 3DoS. i'm reverting back to actual Storm semi-auto rules here, so that's 2 hits (1 + 1 more for every 2DoS) multiplied to 4 for storm. four shots hit! that's leg, leg, body body but doesn't really matter. grand total of one (1) wound gets through. had you guys had some form of damage bonus in place you would have done considerably better.

gumbo holds his action; half-action may be taken before his next turn. deathclock begins ticking; post or die

grimply holds his action; half action may be taken before his next turn. this may include Flet doing an aim action for you.

murdelia... well, i ignored your initiative roll, because i was like "gently caress it i'm rolling everyone elses'", so i thought it'd be fair to reroll your attack action. so i get a 2 and you connect with the full burst. to maximise DoS and because absolutely dick all has happened so far, you're gunning for the lowest rabbit.

i'm not allowing righteous fury on these creatures from really small weapons, but given that the bolter rolled double righteous fury for one of the Tearing shots, i think that counts. total damage is 21 + a righteous fury of 3X to the body. inexplicably, hilariously, the rabbitoth is knocked prone and stunned for a round.

militia pour fire on the northern rabbit. 11DoS thanks to size and squad size; eleven hits, two (2) wounds!

grug reloads

groin floors it with a modest number of DoS; this is enough to go 75m, or 12 squares. next round he will ram the rabbit, after which he will engage it in melee

mung Floors It backwards; curiously, this is completely fine, and indicates that every single vehicle in the 40k universe has an equal number of reverse gears as forward ones. this is clearly borne out by how much the admech loves cogs. oodles of DoS when cloak, MiU is taken into account, for a total distance travelled of 65m, bringing your heavy weapons further and further away from the large creatures.

grumb holds his action; half action may be taken before his next turn.

rabbit2 is not stunned anymore, but prone still

rabbit1 charges the Scruntinel. rip. it connects with its Brutal Charge for 51 damage if you include Pen, which i do. the scruntinel fails to jink and thus drops immediately to Crit 6. the crew are killed and the rabbit gets caught in the explosion and suffers more damage from this than from drekk and the militia combined.

gettin' kinda mixed messages from yurik; are you worried the rabbits will shoot you? i have compromised on the twin directives of "basically do a Floor It" and "basically do an Evasive Maneuvre" with a full-move Tactical Manoeuvring. you are 78m from the nearest babbit which is in range of Spontaenous Combustion if you want to Push It. tell me if you want to do this though as it could go horribly wrong.

scrunts who are holding actions - act or lose them, and then get your next actions in

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

"MUNG YOU DINGUS!"

In a fit of scrunty fear, Mung backed the Scruntmera away from the rabbit monsters.

Drekk decided to use this time to fetch a fresh magazine for the Storm Autogun. He unstrapped himself from the seat and found a compartment with several METAL BAWKSES metal boxes marked "Ammo". He grabbed the box that felt the heaviest and then headed back to the Storm Autogun seat.

---

Reloadin'.

Also the Storm Autogun has the following properties that affect reloading:

-Fluid Action: Slathered in scrunty lube to ensure smooth firing. Semi-Auto attacks automatically have an additional DoS. Increases reload by Half Action.

-Quick Release: Magazine well is also slathered in scrunty lube. Reload is reduced by Half Action.

I'm guessing those cancel each other out and Drekk has Rapid Reload so I'm assuming at best it halves the 2 Full Action reload to just one. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this gun stuff and you never run out of sword.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mungs fear turns into rage as he sees the sentinel turn into a colossal fireball. The techscrunt screams at the top of his lungs "YOU MOTHERFAKKER, DON'CHYEW KNOW HOW LONG IT'S GONNA TAKE ME TA FIX THAT HUNKA GARBAGE?"

Mung, upon hearing a squeaky voice calling him a dingus in the back of his consciousness spins to look in the back of the chimera to shout "SAYS THE IDIOT HELLFAKKER NOT ON THE FAKKOFF BIG GUN, GET ON THAT MULTILASER YOU IDJIT.". All the while completely unaware that his foot has engaged the vehicle back in the forward direction.

---

Traveling forward again, this time at regular cruising speed instead of flooring it. Seriously one of you idiots get on the big scary multilaser that does 2d10+10 damage and fires on full auto.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 14, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia

Current Boltgun Clip: 18/24
Spare Boltgun Clips: gently caress if I remember

"SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!" Murdelia shouts out with glee as she continues pouring bolt rounds into the downed floof, extremely pleased with her aim despite hastily shooting up the garguatan rabbit. Now with time to actually take aim, it should be even better right?

Half action to aim, half action to semi-auto burst , Comrade will ranged volley for +5. Total TN to hit before size mods/not accounting for vehicle mods=60
Scruntfather be praised

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug

Grug's screeching about the scruntmera's change in direction was cut off by barked orders from Mung. This thing's got a big gun on top? Why hadn't he noticed such a significant feature earlier? It must have been hidden or something. Why did he automatically respond to the name 'idiot'?

He takes the controls, starts pointing at things and holding down buttons...

Over the blasting he squeels, 'THIS IS THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD'

Full auto blast from the scruntmera multilaser turret on the nearest bigwabbit

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Malbrathia-3
Fate Points 2/2 -> 1/2
Wounds 12/12
Local Area Map

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

By now the limousine was a chorus of confused, panicky shouting and chain-flatulence as the vehicle wobbled in a drunken line towards, not away, from the massive creatures growing ever closer with each passing moment. Even in his increasingly apoplectic state Yurik could feel the beings' primitive minds beginning to tug at the far edge of his sixth sense, the outline of their consciousness taking shape within the Empyrean. He could also feel something else tugging at his brain...a sense of heat and flames, of energetic combustion, molecules agitating and transmuting in an ancient cosmic dance as old as the stars themselves.

Naturally he did the first thing that occurred to him, which in retrospect he would argue was the only sensible thing anyone in his position could have done, and grabbed hold of the gossamer threads connecting those various ephemeral presences and yanking on both as hard as he could. The screaming in the vehicle took on an entirely new tone as the veil between reality and the Warp suddenly fell by the wayside and the occupants, as well as anyone else who happened to be in the general area at the moment, were gifted with a closer look at the roiling maelstrom of unfettered madness than most sapient beings cared to take...but oh Scruntfather, the power! He could feel it surging through him, screams giving way to maniacal laughter as his thinkin' cap danced with sparks and his red eyes gleamed with sinister purpose as he reached out with his mind, ready to make the world burn.

Am I going to risk psychic catastrophe in order to potentially explode a giant fireball into an enormous animal's face? Hmm let me check my watch, oh goodness would you look at the time, it's bad decisions o'clock.

Yurik has a Willpower of 55. His psy focus adds +10, for 65. Spontaneous Combustion, the power that DJF is all but taunting me to use, gives me a further +10 on tests to use it, making it 75. I will be pushing this power as far as it can go for a total of +3 to my psy rating of 3, which gives me an effective psy rating of 6, and at +5 per point of psy rating that adds a further +30 making my overall TN 105, and thus it is effectively impossible for me to fail to manifest this power. I roll a 58, which gives me something along the lines of 5 DoS (could be better, could be worse). The power itself does, in this instance, 1d10+14E pen 0 Flame damage, but I don't know how DJF wants to bring the flaming promethium tanks into this equation so I'll leave that up to him.

But now it's time for everyone's favorite part of playing as a psyker, rolling on the big table of psychic fuckups! Which I have to do since I pushed, and I even add +10 to whatever I roll. I get a 70, which with the +10 is enough to move me to the REALLY bad psychic fuckup table instead of just the modestly bad one. I can, and will, spend a fate point to reroll this. I get...another result of 58, huh. Maybe this is a portent of some sort? Is the Warp sending me a message? Anyway, add 10 to that and it gives me a 68, just one shy of the sacred number of Slaanesh, and the following result:

quote:

Shadow of the Warp: For a split second, the world changes in appearance, and everyone within 1d100 metres has brief but horrific glimpse of the shadow of the Warp. Everyone in the area (including the psyker) must make a Difficult (–10) Willpower Test or gain 1d5 Corruption Points.

See? Everything's fine. This will affect everyone within a 75 meter radius, so that's the militia and Hack and anyone else within 75 meters gets to take a -10 Willpower test or gain some Corruption points. Yurik has to hit a TN of 45 and rolls a straight up 100, botching as bad as possible, but fortunately there are no extra penalties for excessive failure and so he adds 3 more Corruption to the pile, putting him at 8.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Sergeant Gumbo Bulge, Riding shotgun in the Taurus
14/14 Wounds
2/2 Fate

"E'S FUCKIN' MASSIVE!!" screams Gumbo, as the taurus hurtles towards the next beast. "BUT E'S DOWN RIGH' NOW LADS!"

The vehicle bounces and shudders, as does Groin, but Gumbo stands in his seat, perhaps to inspire his comrades, perhaps because its the only way he can get a good look out the windshield. He grabs blindly at Pirk, crouching hidden in the footwell, and pulls him into the open by his cuff. He jams a pistol into the young Scrunt's hand, and pushes him toward the window.

"Help me blas' tha' beastie Pirk!" he fiddles with the bead in his ear with one hand as he raises his pistol again, "All of ye! Focus yer fire, brin' down the last of 'em! I'm fuckin starvin' lads, les ge' a stew on. He glances back at Murdelia, then over at Groin. "Ear tha, Groin? We'll ave a lovely stew, but firs..." he shuffles toward the window himself now, leans out and carefully aims down the sights at the beast, rapidly increasing in size ahead.

"Dead on, full speed" he says, and opens fire.

Half action aim, half action shoot bolt pistol (32+10+10+5) at the big rabbit we are driving towards at speed, then heroically inspire Groin (43+10) (if he is inspirable in his current state) to ram the rabbit harder!

Also (using the laudhailer/comms) for a Get Them! (43+10) Order, and putting Pirk under ranged volley orders.

Phoon fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 19, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, got the beast in his sights

Wounds: 9

When the foul rabbit beasts trample through the brushes, Grimply makes himself as small as possible while Flet half-way climbs into a tree hole. Any good hunter knows that you don't just give up your position right away. You have to stay still and bide your time for the perfect shot. This has nothing to do with both of them being scared by the trampling behemoths. Nope, not at all!

"Keep it down, laddie! Tha things gonna eat us fer sure if yer don't"

Well, luckily for Grimply the rabbit beasts are much more interested in stomping and eating the rest of the scrunt squad, so he and Flet go unnoticed. Grimply peers through his scope, and is momentarily blinded when the scruntinel errupts in flames and explosions. The monster will surely go for the scruntauros next, so Grimply pulls Flet from behind him and points at the northern beast.

"Feck, laddie, I miss me big gun but we's gonna take tha beast down anyway, roight? Tha's gonna be a fine feast for tha Father!"

I spend my held action to have Flet half-turn aim for me, set my rifle to overload and then do a called shot on the head of rabbit1

50 vs 75 (45 +10 aim +10 accurate +10 short) pretty sure that I'm in short range since the rifle has 150m max range?

20+5 E damage at pen 3 boom!

I don't think "The bigger they are" does something here because I used a called shot? Need to pick up Giant Killer asap. Oh and if my shot would be wasted since yurik fries the beast, I would like to snipe the other one :v:

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 36(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 19, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb's face is crestfallen as the enormous beast shrugs off a blast from his mighty multimelta. Perposserous! Grumb thinks, eyes shaking as his face begins to flush. Why's it ain't working right now? His expression glazes over as he frantically replays the last few moments in his head - he squeezed the firing stud, Bernie hissed at them, a big wavy heat devil shot out the front, it dissipated in the air as it - wait, WAIT! That was it! If the air-hottedness disperses as it flies, maybe that's why it doesn't hurts as much at a distance! He just needs to get a little closer!

Grumb blinks, suddenly aware of the fact that the chimera is racing backwards as fast as it can. "AACK!" he spits, firing a panicked shot at the distant rabbit-beast before poking his head back down the hatch.

"Hey you! Gitcher- OW!" Grumb's forehead bashes into the side of the observation hatch as Mung violently shifts momentum and begins advancing once more.

"THANG-OL, DANKTH A LOFF MNNG" he sputters, his tongue swelling slightly as he softly drools blood down into the chimera below. He takes a moment to re-orient himself, take aim, and -

"LEFF GEDDIM, GUY!" Grumb bellows, firing another blast of heat at the rabbits as they start to close the distance.

-------------------------

Grumb's held action will be another shot on the same rabbit-beast. This happens before the chimera moves forward.

Bernie (Multimelta - Heavy / 60m / s/-/- / 2d10+16E / pen12 / clip12 / rld Full / Melta, Blast1)

BS 50 - (?)
I roll a 4 to hit. Even if we're at extreme range, I only lose 30 from the TN, so that should hit.
I roll a 9 and 2 on my d10s, for a total of 27 base damage.

For my full turn, i'm going to Aim and Fire at the same rabbit-beast (or another if it has somehow been slain by now).

BS 50 + aim 10 + comrade volley 5 + (range modifier) = 65?
I roll a 62 to hit, which might be just shy depending on the range.
I rolled a 6 and 6 for damage rolls, so that's a total of 28 base damage if I've hit.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hare-i Kari
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StM4eVeAW7g

A searing ray of heat rockets from the top hatch from Grumb, badly scorching the northmost rabbit, as Drekk senses a momentary lull in the action and reloads the dual autoguns mounted to the top of the Scruntmera turret. No-one ever said his senses were particularly reliable. He slots in a fresh pair of clips, sending perfectly usable ammunition skittering to the rocky, mountainside ground as Grumb goggles, confused.

Gumbo levels his boltpistol out of the passenger seat of the speeding Tauros, and cracks off a solid shot into the prone rabbit-beast's foreleg. It detonates, satisfyingly, blowing several cubic inches of knotted muscle into smithereens. Shrieking hysterically through his loudspeaker and causing horrific feedback through the commbeads, the other scrunts are suddenly keenly motivated to finish this combat quickly, so as to stop that infernal racket.

Grimply singes a massive ear with a blast of laser light, causing the northernmost rabbit to shriek in distress, as, at practically the same time, Murdelia blasts another three mass-reactive rounds into the centre mass of the southernmost one. The bolts scythe through hide, fur and flesh like it's not there, and detonate with an audible KA-KA-KRUMP that sprays gobbets of gore over a patch of mountainside big enough for the Scruntmera to comfortably park in. Unfortunately, the beasts are so large that the bolts detonate too close to the skin to cause fatal damage to any internal organs - the scrunts will need to blast an opening before taking out the creature's weak spot.

The militia chatter away in a storm of lead and scrunty swearwords, but although a barrage of shots strike home, none of them so much as draw blood from the increasingly angry rabbit in the middle distance. Grug looks like he'd have better luck if he actually stopped to aim, but unfortunately the delight of getting his hands on such a massive laser weapon seems to have overwhelmed the weird, scabrous scrunt. Rocks and scrubby bushes flash into steam or melt into slag as he pours a fusillade of laser light all over the mountainside, managing to hit practically everywhere except the huge, roaring rabbitbeast directly in front of him.

Groin gibbers, froths, and spasms as he lines the Tauros up with the prone rabbitbeast in front of him. His aim is true, and with a terrific CRASH he sends the vehicle straight into its jutting jaw, breaking several teeth and badly lacerating one great, flopping ear! The Tauros in return takes a serious knock as its speed is translated crudely into sore rabbits, and several armour plates buckle irreparably. The suspension's probably seen better days, too, but at least none of the scrunts were thrown from the vehicle with the impact. Snarling, Groin slaps at his seatbelt restraint, desperate to get out and fistfight the mortally-wounded creature in front of him. The other scrunts shake their heads groggily.

As Mung trundles the Chimera back into the fray, a second meltablast from Grumb badly scorches the left foreleg of the northern rabbit, horrific sixth-and-seventh degree burns exposing whole square feet of charred and blackened bone. Bellowing and wheezing horribly, the gargantuan creature lumbers into a run, desperately seeking to destroy its tormentors. As it does so, though, Yurik begins to tug at the strands of fate again with his wizened and distressing mind. It's all a matter of semiotics, with a dash of understanding the mutability of time and space. The giant rabbit suffered a great heat, a great burning not five seconds ago - with a little help from the Warp, two unrelated moments can be merged, and it can do so... again.

The scrunts have never seen a multi-storey rabbit-wolf creature erupt in incandescent pink and blue flames, and it naturally draws some fascination. Gazing into the luridly coloured blaze is not without its dangers, however - glimpses of mind-altering horrors can be seen within, damaging the mind of unwary scrunts.

In the meantime, the other mortally-wounded creature staggers to its feet. It bellows aimlessly for a second or two, before stamping down with one tree-trunk-like leg, directly onto the passenger compartment of the Tauros.

The ammunition store of the grenade launcher cooks off, causing the vehicle to erupt in a towering blast of flame. The Tauros is completely totalled, and its burned-out shell turned into a deathtrap for its occupants. Murdelia, her innate scruntsense tingling, manages to bail out at the last second, hurtling from the vehicle and crash-landing in a nearby bush. Groin is too preoccupied to bother escaping, and Gumbo too slow - they take the full brunt of the explosion, and are hurled bodily out of the vehicle away from the carnage.

Gumbo remains functional, barely, and staggers to his feet in time to watch the lapine colossus mourn the loss of its front leg. Gouts of arterial blood drench the mountaintop like a particularly unpleasant firehose, and a particularly ill-timed burst blasts Groin off his feet and into a rock. The operator-cum-scout (cumscout?) thrashes feebly; he's in really bad shape. Still, with a shuddering moan, the huge creature breathes its last, crashing once more to the ground and spraying viscera over a truly remarkable area.

One down.

click 4 big

---

scrunt

drekk has done like five semi-auto bursts, right? that means your clip's half-empty; storm weapons double clip capacity. anyway you now have a fresh clip, and the storm autogun's a bit poo poo against giant loving rabbit monsters so the lost round of fire isn't particularly important.

gumbo hits, wounds! his order goes off, but groin is un-inspirable. also the only other person to remember to do a ranged volley was Murdelia, and she went before you. welp.

grimply hits, wounds!

murdelia hits three times, wounds a fair amount! turns out boltguns are pretty good against big organic targets!! it's just these rabbits have a load of wounds

militia hit a lot, don't break the skin.

grug - half move into the turret to grab the multilaser, and half action fire. grug is neither trained in heavy weapons or in Operate: Land, so he's untrained with the multilaser (-20). chimera went full pelt last turn (-20). rabbit is v large (+50), and it's short range (+10), for a total TN of 65 after BS. grug scores a 73, so you missed, but didn't jam.

groin rams! he rams really well, with like 6 DoS at least, but the thing about rams is that it doesn't matter how well you do it. it matters how heavy your vehicle is, and the scruntauros is made of aluminium and feathers. he does a load of damage to the beast, but the tauros takes ten damage after soak. it's kinda tricky to ram large organics rules as written, so i basically fudged this.

grumb blasts babbit #1 in the leg; it's really nearly dead, but it's a shame you're using the short-ranged anti-tank weapon against an unarmoured squishy. Clive would have hosed this thing up in about two volleys

rabbit 1 moves closer to the people shooting it, because it wants to eat you

rabbit 2... we'll deal with this in a second.

yurik, of course, sets rabbit 1 on fire. it is a "hare's" breadth from dying (as in, it's going to start taking critical damage in a stiff breeze), and is now on fire and liable to panic.

mung, drekk, grumb, grug, and the militia take WP tests, in that order. literally everyone fails due to sucking, and take 2 corruption points except drekk, who takes one. the dice don't favour the dark gods today.

rabbit 2, then. it half-action stands, and half-action stamps on the tauros (stompy feet). it connects with a solid 13, and i'm not particularly eager to allow a jink here because the vehicle has stopped. the creature does 43 damage to the already-damaged Tauros, which takes it firmly into Critical 10 territory with a full squad of scrunts aboard. the evasion rolls have mixed results.

groin and gumbo fail their evasions, and take 22 explosive damage to the body before soak. note that this is indirect explosions, so flak is worth 5AP against this. i've cut the damage down a lot because this is a small electric vehicle, but bumped it up again because, y'know, car full of flame grenades. this can be fate-pointed to try and not fail the dodge roll. gumbo is at precisely 0 wounds, groin is at -2 and has been thrown 2m away, taken 2 levels of fatigue and knocked Prone.

murdelia manages to bail out at the last second, and takes 11 damage pre-soak, so like 2 wounds.

:siren: all three of your comrades are Wounded

rabbit 2 managed to kill itself in the explosion, though. the area is awash with gore. please note Groin is still frenzied and will attack you once rabbit #1 dies.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I attempted a ranged volley with Guy, though I don't blame you from not gleaning that from 'leff geddim guy'.

I think Grumb's mostly a melta guy now. Someone else should use Clive, wherever it was I left him in the compound. Did anyone end up taking Clive?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh yeah. rabbit 1 is now on precisely 0 wounds then

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I would like to use a fate point on the dodge roll, if it doesn't work I guess it doesn't matter too much since we're far from the fighting and murdelia is nearby

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hare-i Kari, addendum
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

Gumbo pats himself down and snaps his nose back into joint, discovering that he's actually not as badly hurt as he initially thought. The horrible burning smell is simply a couple of his cigars that went up mostly in smoke. He jams one up each nostril as a kind of crude splint, and eyes Groin with some trepidation.

---

gumbo succeeds on dodging out of the tauros with a fate-point reroll of 4

he therefore takes murdelia damage, i.e. 12 before soak. i.e. 4 wounds after soak - he is now on 10 wounds

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I would also like to burn a fate point please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hare-i Kari, addendum
The Hinterlands
Malbrathia-3

Some tiny, slightly-less crazed facet of Groin's mind assesses himself for injury as he groggily lies prone. Perhaps he's not so wounded as he initially th- owwww gently caress no he's definitely still as damaged as he initially thought.

Eyes swivelling independently in their sockets, the Scrout rages on.

---

Groin rerolls his dodge and comes up marginally better. still an abject failure though. sorry! can't reroll this one; your second dodge roll stands.

you can spend fatepoints right now to gain wounds back, but honestly i think you're best waiting for the combat frenzy to wear off and for medical attention to be applied. i would only spend FP to heal if you think you're gonna get into another fight in the next 24 game hours; if that's the case, spend it before medical attention to get rid of your Critical Damage first, in order to make the first aid roll easier and to remove more Damage

• Locked thread