Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Going to a wedding in a couple weeks and I really want to buy new pants or shoes or something to wear to it, but I can't justify spending money on new nice clothes when the nice outfit I've had for almost a decade still fits me really well. Probably better now than ever before even, because I actually have some muscle.

I know quite a few people who wish they could still fit into the clothes they wore in high school, but because I'm such a cheapskate re: clothing it's a curse because I never update anything unless it's actually falling apart or I'm running out of space to store it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The more I read about the casting for American Gods (Gillian Anderson as Media! Ian McShane as Wednesday!), the more ridiculously excited I get, and it's not coming out for ages. Plus I guess I'll have to subscribe to Starz now, which I'm pretty sure is too many streaming services, though I think I can do it through Prime.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

I saw my landlord in person and gave him rent. He then told me that rent wasn't going up until after summer so he handed me back $100.

Now I have a wad of cash and I don't want to hold on to it :cry:

Kill two birds with one stone and buy Carbon Thief a tallboy and a new cart

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

The more I read about the casting for American Gods (Gillian Anderson as Media! Ian McShane as Wednesday!), the more ridiculously excited I get, and it's not coming out for ages. Plus I guess I'll have to subscribe to Starz now, which I'm pretty sure is too many streaming services, though I think I can do it through Prime.

You can, I think it's like 8 bucks extra.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I burned my lunch of sweet potato fries. I still ate them but they were not very good.

I let one stupid crap thing at work snowball and now I have to write an explanation to my boss and his boss as to why a delivery was late by ONE loving MINUTE.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowslips Warren posted:

I burned my lunch of sweet potato fries. I still ate them but they were not very good.

I let one stupid crap thing at work snowball and now I have to write an explanation to my boss and his boss as to why a delivery was late by ONE loving MINUTE.

Make sure you include how much it cost the company to pay you to write the explanation about the single minute overage. That's hilarious bureaucracy.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Helios Grime posted:

So how does retirement treat you?
I only really see old ladies use those carts, but I can see why they are practical.

:corsair: Yeah, it's mostly because I don't drive. I'm sure people see me (a 30 year old dude) and think I stole it from Grandma, though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When you get those collector cards on Steam, now to sell them you have to confirm it on your phone for some reason. :argh:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm on holiday at the moment and keeping up with LPs really isn't a top priority, so I'll have hours of stuff to catch up on when I get back.

Like I mean you could even consider that a good thing and I partially do but man that's a long time to sit down watching people play video games for the internet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hear great things about Person of Interest but I've tried to watch it three times now and it's boring as gently caress.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Tiggum posted:

When you get those collector cards on Steam, now to sell them you have to confirm it on your phone for some reason. :argh:

Steam Guard, it protects us all! :downs:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Any world problem: just as I was going to bed, I heard a loud domestic dispute from one of my neighbors. Woman screaming and wailing, guy yelling, things hitting the wall. I don't even share a wall with that apartment but it was pretty clear that things were not okay over there. Neighbors and I called the cops and I think they apprehended someone, but I'm really worried that someone may have gotten seriously hurt. :ohdear:

First world problem: I'm all worked up now and can't sleep even though I'm dead tired.

I guess on the upside, emergency response times are pretty loving quick around here.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I hear great things about Person of Interest but I've tried to watch it three times now and it's boring as gently caress.

My issue with that show is, I watched two and a half seasons and it was exactly the sort of show I like and could watch forever, and then it started turning into something else that isn't nearly as good. I'm hoping season four reverts to the formula and puts the whole battling AIs thing into the background.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's going to be above 100F for the next few days (and much more frequently this summer) and my landlord bought me a pretty nice AC unit. After seeing how unusable the top floor had become, I guess it was cheaper than lowering my rent for three months.

I need to install it but I gotta poop!

edit: For clarification, the top floor had windows that would not accept any form of AC so he's going to help me take one off and shim the unit in.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Jun 4, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It is 113*F today. Who the gently caress scheduled Comic Con in Phoenix in loving JUNE.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

It is 113*F today. Who the gently caress scheduled Comic Con in Phoenix in loving JUNE.

The same people who schedule A-Kon for June in Dallas :shepface: The heat is part of the reason I no longer go to either. That, and they're on weekends, and I work weekends. Maybe if I pester my boss about it, I've been there 3 years, I should have *some* PTO...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowslips Warren posted:

Portland doesn't get TOO hot, I suppose but we have the decent sense to have our bigger con in September.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's been in the 70's and 80's lately. That's too hot for me.

I also got a mild case of food poisoning and I'm kind of dehydrated from all the making GBS threads. I had to buy sports drinks on a day I didn't want to go anywhere.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Portland doesn't get TOO hot, I suppose but we have the decent sense to have our bigger con in September.

For the record it was 100F in Portland this day. it was horrible.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
On my new phone, I pulled down the newest version of TouchTunes because I seemingly have a fetish for wasting money at bars playing music.
It's totally different looking and is totally usable, but man.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LethalGeek posted:

For the record it was 100F in Portland this day. it was horrible.

And tomorrow but I'll be at work and, despite being kinda miserable, has very good AC.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I'm stuck one a puzzle in Magnetic: Cage Closed and I can't find a walkthrough that isn't a goddamn loving video.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

My parents 13 1/2 year old Labrador is going to be put down tomorrow :ohdear:
She's an old dog, who's avoided any sort of medical problems her whole life (except for getting a cracked tooth pulled). But back on Thursday she couldn't get out of bed, thanks to both her back legs suddenly being paralysed. As far as the vet can determine, a blood clot got loose and into her spine. We've waited the weekend to see if she miraculously improves, or if it's something else like just a bit of temporary swelling in her spine. But she's shown zero movement in her legs so uhh...
She isn't in any pain either, she just sits around on a pile of towels we keep changing since she can't get up to pee/poop. It's frustrating how there's nothing else wrong with her, but she can't spend the rest of her life sitting on pissy towels looking all miserable and stuff.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Everything smells so tasty and it's making me hungry.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to price out new parts for a PC because my laptop I was using broke. I'm now trapped between pre made and "I haven't built a PC in about 10 years" fear, plus I haven't kept up on the newest or any tech poo poo.

I just want to 3d model and play vidja games like skyrim in high res. Why is that so loving complicated and expensive?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I haven't built a PC in about 10 years

Then you're in for a pleasant surprise. Putting a computer together these days is pretty much hassle free, and if you could do it at all ten years ago then you can do it now with your eyes shut. And if your concern is that you don't know what to buy, check the PC building thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Can confirm; if you're literate enough to read the instruction books and have at least a basic idea of how to build a computer, it's smooth sailing. My current gaming rig is the very first PC i ever built myself and the only hang-up was getting Windows to install (just had to put it onto a flash drive).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Posted in there. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to be a cheap/easy build.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

wayne curr posted:

My parents 13 1/2 year old Labrador is going to be put down tomorrow :ohdear:

Dog's dead now. Spent the whole day crying with mum while we cleared out all the old dog toys and stuff from the house.
Wanted to take my mind of things by playing videogames, but all the games I own are about killing people :saddowns:

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
slammed my nose on my steering wheel, didn't go to the doctor because it didn't really hurt. a week later I noticed my nose is now crooked, I expect it's to late to do anything about it beyond some kind of surgery.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

wayne curr posted:

Dog's dead now. Spent the whole day crying with mum while we cleared out all the old dog toys and stuff from the house.
Wanted to take my mind of things by playing videogames, but all the games I own are about killing people :saddowns:

This is not a FWP. Grief is not a FWP. I'm sorry about your dog, am sure he had a great life.

Animals never live long enough.

My FWP is that I bought so much Italian Ice at the dollar store that now I am paranoid the freezer will die and all my frozen goodies will become trash.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Today they're making SPANISH ROASTED POTATOES.

I'm not hungry but this smells so good:qq:

I just realized my window is open which is making the smell stronger because my window is at a 90 degree angle to their kitchen window, almost literally right next to it. It's so close that I even made eye contact with the lady once. What cruel demented rear end in a top hat designed this building? :qq:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Jun 7, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I finally found an album I really wanted but my only current access to a CD player (:corsair:? It didn't have a digital version) is a laptop that's on the fritz so I can't listen to it. :(

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I decided to try setting the auto brew timer on my coffee machine for the first time last night so I'd have coffee all ready to go when I woke up. I guess I didn't do it right somehow because there was no coffee so I had to do it manually and wait like an extra 10 minutes UGH :negative:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

HOLY gently caress posted:

I decided to try setting the auto brew timer on my coffee machine for the first time last night so I'd have coffee all ready to go when I woke up. I guess I didn't do it right somehow because there was no coffee so I had to do it manually and wait like an extra 10 minutes UGH :negative:

My old coffee machine was like this; the little clock didn't have an indicator of if you'd set the timer for AM or PM so it was a gamble you'd set it right :downs:

Related, one of my closest friends has been extolling the virtues of french-press coffee, and while I'm interested in trying it I'm also incredibly :effort: about it. My interest in coffee is less "enjoy the flavor and savor the aroma" and more "a genuine addiction to caffeine that requires daily fueling or headaches and crankiness result".

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Jun 7, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's because you drink bad coffee and use bad coffee equipment

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Quantity is a quality all its own :coffeepal: (also I'm a security guard, we're supposed to drink poo poo coffee, it's like a rule)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've seen cops come into the fancy coffee shops. Times are changing man

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
An Amazon distribution center recently opened up nearby, and because we have Prime, we get free same-day shipping on most things. It's less time and money to take advantage of that than to drive out to Target or wherever, so we order stuff fairly often.

Problem is, that means a lot of boxes piling up. And this little bastard makes me feel bad about recycling them :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

An Amazon distribution center recently opened up nearby, and because we have Prime, we get free same-day shipping on most things. It's less time and money to take advantage of that than to drive out to Target or wherever, so we order stuff fairly often.

Problem is, that means a lot of boxes piling up. And this little bastard makes me feel bad about recycling them :saddowns:

That looks recycled to me.