Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
That's a really great move, but that thread is full of some very stupid people.

E: Like all threads, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I sent in a support request beforehand.

They reimbursed me the insurance cost (of course), the combat bonds I didn't claim, as well as the Exploration data I lost from being blown up by an NPC. The cargo wasn't anything special, just some fish.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

:allears:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
When did they bump up mission payouts so drastically? Haven't play since pre-horizons, loaded up and have been farting around goon space doing frog missions... Probably 2/3 missions pay squat and I'm doing them for rep, but I got 2 out of the 6? missions I took last night that were base assault related missions, one paying 750k and the other paying 1,400k. Very nice, plus rep!

Also seems like some of the base assault missions are bugged, I totally shouldn't have been able to turn in the 1.4 mil one, was supposed to do some skimmer control scanning or something, basically drive around the base scanning rods while an anaconda, cobra and like 50 skimmers shoot at me; but all I had to do was set the base on alert (by scanning two initial pylons) and it seems to have completed it? :hfive:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I don't get it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:nallears:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

King of Cheeses posted:

Ceos and Sothis

Thanks for the info on this. I'm running a cargo fitted Asp right now, so this seems like a place I will check out.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

lmao

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Thanks for the info on this. I'm running a cargo fitted Asp right now, so this seems like a place I will check out.

You can quickly get rep with the locals just running missions between Ceos and Sothis. That opens better missions and payouts although trade rank will also be a factor.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

King of Cheeses posted:

You can quickly get rep with the locals just running missions between Ceos and Sothis. That opens better missions and payouts although trade rank will also be a factor.

Is there any good trade loop between the two?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Is it still worth going to robigo or are those fun and games over now?

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Is there any good trade loop between the two?

TBH I don't know. I'm only interested in the cargo missions. They add to your trade rank significantly too. Here's a mission I'm running right now while reading this thread on my other monitor:

I'm also carrying 2 more missions worth +3M each.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I like having stuff to loot from dead ships (amount needed for them to be useful notwithstanding), but I wish there was a faster way to collect them. With one collector, it takes longer to pick up the materials than it did to destroy the ship. I could use more collectors, but that would require I drop a bunch of armor, both for a better collector controller, and for the cargo space to hold more limpets (since I'd have 2-3 limpets popping every 10 minutes instead of just 1).

I hope at some point they add a space tractor beam of some sort that works on the small materials, with collectors only needed for mining or pirating space rocks. Just let me open my cargo scoop, point in the general direction of mats, and have them all pull toward me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Wait do destroyed ships drop goods now? I thought unless they jettisoned their cargo all their stuff would be destroyed if they died?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Wait do destroyed ships drop goods now? I thought unless they jettisoned their cargo all their stuff would be destroyed if they died?

Destroyed ships drop crafting materials needed for Engineers stuff.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Shine posted:

Destroyed ships drop crafting materials needed for Engineers stuff.

I just started playing again after like a +1 year lapse, and I am so confused by everything. Took me forever to realize a mission I accept to kill sentry skimmers meant I needed to deploy an SRV on the surface and kill surface drones.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TescoBag posted:

Is it still worth going to robigo or are those fun and games over now?

Robigo got UA bombed. No more missions there.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

I just started playing again after like a +1 year lapse, and I am so confused by everything. Took me forever to realize a mission I accept to kill sentry skimmers meant I needed to deploy an SRV on the surface and kill surface drones.

You can blow them up from your ship, it just won't lock on to them so fire a full spread of dumb fires in the general area.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

You can blow them up from your ship, it just won't lock on to them so fire a full spread of dumb fires in the general area.

I liked dooting around in my SRV :kiddo:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

King of Cheeses posted:

TBH I don't know. I'm only interested in the cargo missions. They add to your trade rank significantly too. Here's a mission I'm running right now while reading this thread on my other monitor:

I'm also carrying 2 more missions worth +3M each.

Thanks for the all the info. At the very least, seems more interesting than the bulk trading I've been doing.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Main Paineframe posted:

Robigo got UA bombed. No more missions there.

Anywhere similar to it?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The second best part of all the people murdered by Skynet getting reimbursed, is how many people will be salty as gently caress for "catering to the casuals who can't handle Risk Vs Reward" for not just telling players to go gently caress themselves when killed by a Game Genie.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

How does everyone with a hotas/rudder pedals handle control on the srv? I bound my stick's left/right to steer left/right and roll left/right when in the air. I bound my rudder pedals to control the yaw of the turret and my stick's up/down controls the pitch of the turret as well as the pitch of the srv when in the air.

It works ok but it doesn't feel great.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Knifegrab posted:

How does everyone with a hotas/rudder pedals handle control on the srv? I bound my stick's left/right to steer left/right and roll left/right when in the air. I bound my rudder pedals to control the yaw of the turret and my stick's up/down controls the pitch of the turret as well as the pitch of the srv when in the air.

It works ok but it doesn't feel great.

I take my hands off my HOTAS and pick up the 360 pad on the desk in front of me, cause gently caress that

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The CH Throttle has a little analog thumbstick that I use to aim the SRV turret. I use the throttle itself to control speed, and the stick to steer and pitch (and roll, when airborne).

If I didn't have that thumbstick, then I'd probably just pick up the Xbox pad for SRV time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Would I be wise to go dual 3C multicannons and 2D beam lasers on an FAS? All would be gimballed as I'm chumping about with a 360 pad :v:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Capn Beeb posted:

Would I be wise to go dual 3C multicannons and 2D beam lasers on an FAS? All would be gimballed as I'm chumping about with a 360 pad :v:

Go for it! The FAS is remarkably forgiving, or at least was before the AI got deadlier (I haven't flown one in a while).

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Capn Beeb posted:

ymmv but I find the c2 slots have a kind of limited range of movement for gimbals. it's a good fit but just be aware of that.

could you consider a c3 beam up top and multis for the rest?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

ymmv but I find the c2 slots have a kind of limited range of movement for gimbals. it's a good fit but just be aware of that.

I've got a 3C beam on the roof now and the belly is full of multis, I'm just wondering if the trade off in upgrading bullets over beams would be worthwhile. I put a 3C multi in the belly and it sounds amazing :allears:

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Surprise Giraffe posted:

that's pre-2.1 board skimming money! yaay

So I just tried this and the mission updated to be to a destination ~400ly away :(

On the upside it's still 6.5 million though.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
My mission until the next pp cycle is to survive so I can get my Pacifier Frag-cannon. Apparently with this last update, if you die with PP merits(even already turned in) before the cycle, you lose those merits.

This mission is very hard because I have a 14k bounty on my head for murdering an incompetent NPC that attacked me first, but couldn't land a shot, so I'm obviously the bad guy. And 14k is apparently the highest bounty in the galaxy because I have NPCs interdicting me non-stop to get their big pay day.

:frontear:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Agreed, the little under-wing hardpoints have terrible angles. I'm running a basic 2 C3 pulse/2C2 frag and it can be really annoying to get the frag cannons around on target.

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
For SRV I use the pedals for yaw, stick for pitch and roll, throttle for speed.

The turret is the nosewheel button on my hotas and sets my stick as turret yaw/pitch.

Works great.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just started playing again after an almost year long break. I'm using an X52 Pro and whenever I push my throttle pass the detents it engages the Frameshift Drive. I've looked all through the controls and can't figure out why that is, any help?

e: problem solved. It seems it was a keybinding to have the throttle engage supercruise when pushed past the detent, except it just didn't show up. I rebound the throttle to be the supercruise engage, then rebound it back to a different key and that fixed the issue. Now I can safely push the throttle without accidentally emergency dropping from supercruise all of the time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 4, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've investigated so, so many wrecks in space. No legacy firmware. gently caress.

Time to stick an SRV in this thing and start harassing the poo poo out of random bases then.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I'm rocking 2x 3C Multis and 2x 2D Beams on my FAS.

I haven't taken it out since the very first day of Engineers. I've mostly been using my Courier for combat. Did a bit of Vulture huntin'.
With the patches out, I'll try my FAS again. It did tear up ships quite good when it wasn't being murderkilled by the cheating AI back then. I mean by them having engineer mods and broken weapons. Not to mention it seemed every ship in the high RES was dangerous/elite.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Toops posted:

I honestly think Frontier has some of the best artists in the business. I'm doing 3d modeling/texturing/animation on my Star Citizen parody space game (Solar Plebeian), working on a cockpit recently. I've been looking at some of Elite's cockpits for inspiration and hints about composition, texturing and lighting. loving hell man. Just look at the details, the little consoles, hubs, all the different materials for each little panel, wear and tear, etc. It's an absolute master's class:

For reference, here's an in-game video of the WIP immersion cockpit in the Goonrathi Scout autism chariot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FucIzBxwN9k

Now, I'm nowhere near a pro 3d artist (I'm a programmer, just learning how to model/animate). But that thing took me at least 40 hrs. And it doesn't even begin to come close to a single E:D cockpit.

I give Frontier a lot of poo poo, but I absolutely love their game at a fundamental, technical, and artistic level.

I absolutely love the in ship entertainment, Simon on the left side of the console

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

is Sothis/Leos OK with Asp right now or should I bring Python?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Asp should be okay if it's what you have, but a Python will open up more missions to you thanks to the much higher cargo capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Alrighty.

• Locked thread