Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah, i'm not gonna be around sunday either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Be a good weekend to try out the hotlap thing then if everyone is going to be out other not avalable?

Personally I'm falling back in love with my Lotus 49 Nurburgring combo, after spending way to much time in GT3s.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Lotus 49 is the best car in Assetto Corsa.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

The Lotus 49 is the best car.

Fixed

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Norns posted:

Be a good weekend to try out the hotlap thing then if everyone is going to be out other not avalable?

I don't want to start postponing. I think the only way to get participation is if the races happen at a set time and date. I need to do that for a couple months now to figure out how many people we can get into a race on average. And, to be frank, if it's worth it.

Edit: I am going to pick up the hotlap idea again after this race though. Recommendations for car/track combos are very welcome.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 3, 2016

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Use the slowest car you can find and it call it COLDLAPPING™.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I will try to make it, hopefully I can get the kids to take a nap during race time.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Open cockpit cars like the lotus are p awesome in VR. Hopefully AC gets full vive support soon.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Use the slowest car you can find and it call it COLDLAPPING™.

This is the best idea, imo. I also love slow car racing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've had a gsync monitor for a week. It's so impressive.

I just need the 1070 to complete the circle.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
We have two goon teams driving MX-5's in the iRacing Nurburgring 24 Hours, both in the same split. Currently, Chivers Chikanye is leading, with Rich GT Gentlemen Drivers in second place.

Stream is up here, with creative commons jazz and some sort of klezmer music as a soundtrack:
http://www.twitch.tv/casefacemcgee

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 4, 2016

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
we, err, aren't in second anymore

although we'd be better than we were if iracing randomly decided to not repair our car

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I don't know where to get the track for the race. E: Oh haha. I figured it out. It's Dream Pack 3.

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 5, 2016

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I love brand's indy, not because it's an amazing circuit, but because it's so short that it really quickly lets me compare cars.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Heads up if you're into Raceroom, they finally updated the European track pack, so it now includes the Nordschleife, Paul Ricard, Spa, Salzburgring and the Raceroom Hillclimb for some reason. Pretty heavy discount on it if you bought the old pack too, less than the Nordschleife on its own.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

RRE is real good now if you haven't touched it in a while. I really love all the updates to car physics they've done recently. And the audio is still loving fantastic.

Good Nordschleife to if that's your jam.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I haven't run with you guys yet, but I'm gonna make an honest-to-god effort to make it this afternoon. It will depend on a few things, including whether or not my CSR decides to calibrate itself when I turn it on (total crapshoot lately).

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
so i'm around. so ae86 is on

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Which reminds me to remind everyone:

Assetto Corsa:
    Sunday 06/05, 20:00 GMT
    Toyota AE86 Tuned (street tires) at Brands Hatch Indy
    Qualifying/Practice: 19:30
    Race: 20:15, 25 laps (ca. 25 mins)
    200% tire wear and fuel usage

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
This isn't race related but I have to move soon and don't want to lug my wheels and pedals around the world, so would anyone be interested in buying a CSR and CSR Elite pedals?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
This is probably out of scope, but does anybody know a good game that simulates left-hand driving? I'm going over to the UK in the fall and I figure I might as well put my G27 to good use. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the only one I can think of but the roads are almost entirely highway.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

real_scud posted:

This isn't race related but I have to move soon and don't want to lug my wheels and pedals around the world, so would anyone be interested in buying a CSR and CSR Elite pedals?

How much are you looking to sell em for, will be probably out of my range.. but figured I'd ask.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

skooma512 posted:

This is probably out of scope, but does anybody know a good game that simulates left-hand driving? I'm going over to the UK in the fall and I figure I might as well put my G27 to good use. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the only one I can think of but the roads are almost entirely highway.

I think City Car Driving does support both. I have only seen some videos though and it's probably poo poo. Speaking from recent personal experience I found it very easy to get used to LHD. As long as there are other cars on the road you just kinda go with the flow. Be mindful of not zoning out if you're alone on the road, avoid night driving if possible.

Now, getting used to the wiper/signal levers being reversed, that took me a while. Also walking to the wrong side of the car.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

tater_salad posted:

How much are you looking to sell em for, will be probably out of my range.. but figured I'd ask.
Probably $500 + shipping?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Although that's just around what I'd pe paying for a thrustmaster 300 and good pedals it's going to be a bit till I can do both.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

GhostDog posted:

Which reminds me to remind everyone:

Assetto Corsa:
    Sunday 06/05, 20:00 GMT
    Toyota AE86 Tuned (street tires) at Brands Hatch Indy
    Qualifying/Practice: 19:30
    Race: 20:15, 25 laps (ca. 25 mins)
    200% tire wear and fuel usage

Anyone comin? Empty server atm

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
It's 19:11 GMT, you're too early.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

GhostDog posted:

It's 19:11 GMT, you're too early.

Oops, I forgot to account for daylight savings time in my "well, West Coast is gmt -8" calculation. Extra practice time I guess.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Definitely not going to be around for another couple weeks, now getting the Intel RMA experience.

BTW today makes 5 weeks without a working computer :suicide:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Extra practice time I guess.

Don't get confused when I restart the server with the race config :)

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

tater_salad posted:

Although that's just around what I'd pe paying for a thrustmaster 300 and good pedals it's going to be a bit till I can do both.
Actually poo poo, went looking back to how much I paid and realized I was pretty high. Guess that's what happens when there aren't any for sale on eBay to compare to.

I'd probably let it go for $380 + shipping

edit: I'd also be a bit flexible with the price since I really want it out of my house.

real_scud fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 5, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tried to join but apparently some Logitech or Microsoft update completely hosed my G27 good poo poo

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Goetta posted:

Tried to join but apparently some Logitech or Microsoft update completely hosed my G27 good poo poo

Yeah, that got me recently as well on Windows 10. Found it was set to download drivers through Windows updates, so I disabled that, manually uninstalled the g27 driver, then got that g27 software installed from the Logitech support site. I also have a Logitech mouse, which I avoid installing software because it breaks the g27 app as well.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Note to self: Check how many laps are actually being raced. 20 laps of fuel with 2 more 'for safety' is not enough for 25. -_-

Good race yall.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I almost didn't get lapped this time until GhostDog and OhsH had to be meanies. :saddowns: Atleast I technically didn't get last this time.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Results for today:

What happened to rgbRandomizer?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

That car is fun.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Absolutely. There's always something to do at the wheel.

OhsH: I checked, I can't disable slowdowns on the server, let's just hope there aren't too many tracks with stupidly defined cutting zones.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was nice to have someone to race against this week. I was pretty close to Eyud but he's a bit faster and I made a couple mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Update the server thread.

Next race is Mills Metro Short.

Until then hotlapping with Lotus 25 & Lotus 49 at Nordschleife.

Edit: How's the race length? Is the 25 minutes I'm shooting for alright?