Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pretty sure the goon knows what an edgelord is and just doesn't like it when his main gets called out for being one. I'm all about inclusiveness so I propose a new name for reaper: Scowly Mallgoth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

On the other hand this is the world where the word "headcanon" was created to replace the word "imagination"

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bluhman posted:

Clearly Symmetra players are doing something right, because her winrate on that site is being recorded as way higher than any other hero (save torbjorn). Granted popularity and win-rate are somewhat inverse correlated here so who knows.

People still don't understand how much damage she can do and will ignore you, and the teleporter can make it so you don't have to deal with running back and will win you games on its own. Plus her lasers slowing you down is almost mei slowing your turnrate level of annoying and it freaks people out and they go full retard trying to spin around and shoot a turret while someone else actually kills them.

Masteroverwatch has mt symettra at 2.72:1 KDA and its literally my highest by .01, that lazer chainsaw can be a beast if you are willing to go full on DOOM and rush into a group of enemies.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 4, 2016

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm mad my k:d with D. Va is above 3

I've other characters close to 3 but you'd think with how low her damage is it'd be less

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I like solo queue because it lets me gently caress around without feeling bad. Sometimes I don't want to tryhard and just want to play chaos Rein suicide charging into the enemy and swinging my hammer around.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

On the other hand this is the world where the word "headcanon" was created to replace the word "imagination"

its my headcanon that cowcaster uses the word headcanon instead of imagination

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

setafd posted:

I've other characters close to 3 but you'd think with how low her damage is it'd be less

She stays alive forever though if you're ok with her pilot form, it wouldn't surprise me if she had the highest KD overall (I'm at 4 I think but I've only played like 10 games as her so there's not much to go on I guess)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I love symmetras gun it's just that her ultimate is very not-engaging-at-all and her turrets, if the other team has even one competent player, are mostly worthless... Except for that one time you might kill some guy

but like 80% of my kills with symmetra is with her lasergun and honestly then I might as well just play Reaper or something

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

They could always allow custom servers so you always play on the maps and gamemodes you want with people you want to play the game with. One of the reasons I played TF2 for so long was I had 3 servers I played on, and one had all voice chat enabled and was super chill and played cool maps and good custom maps and made the game great before hats and every type of weapon ever happened to the game.

I really do wish Blizz would open things up for modding once Ranked play is in, at least. Being able to do insane poo poo like a custom map where all of your abilities are randomized would be a start.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

setafd posted:

Thats because people are starting to cash on that once shes out of her mech the best way to deal with a d.va is to ignore her so she cant respawn with another mech. :shepface:

But seriously, as long as you are up close d.va feels like she does more damage than other tanks, specially since she doesn't need to reload.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

She stays alive forever though if you're ok with her pilot form, it wouldn't surprise me if she had the highest KD overall (I'm at 4 I think but I've only played like 10 games as her so there's not much to go on I guess)

part of why I like her so much is because her pilot mode doesn't really seem like a detriment if I can dodge back to behind the front line. thanks for giving me a long-range weapon to snipe with!!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
an overwatch game with 16 players on each side :stare:

16 rheinhardts charging down the dorado streets

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

treat posted:

Why would I even want to know? That's sort of my point.

A team shouldn't have a free 6 player res every few minutes just because they have a symetra. Symetra should have to work for it.

She's would. Rebuild the ultimate to 100 again and you get 6 more charges

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Playing D.Va is largely trying to find the safest way to get out of your mech ASAP so that you can become an actually decent character.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mierenneuker posted:

Be sure to have a lengthy conversation about the Iowa State Cyclones.

Good advice for any player really.

And maybe instead of 6 more charges, maybe every 50% or so she gets another charge. That way it's not just 6 and done then have to go reset it when you're owning

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

Be sure to have a lengthy conversation about the Iowa State Cyclones.

Was that happening in Discord? Because that sounds hilarious.

I should probably start using Discord. It'll be another 8 hours until I hop on, but I have had fantastic times playing with goons. Even the close games we lose can be a rush.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I should play more Discord games too but 90% of the time I can is during the day when I feel gross and tired.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Regalingualius posted:

I really do wish Blizz would open things up for modding once Ranked play is in, at least. Being able to do insane poo poo like a custom map where all of your abilities are randomized would be a start.

Knowing blizzard all other "gamemodes" will just be weekly brawls and they will never let you have random character servers all the time, even though that gamemode is 1000x more fun than genji only, final destination, but with custom server people like me who want to play on forced random with stock rules will have that, and genji only low grav servers will exists for that segment of players who want that.

Also I still play jailbreak in CS from time to time and CS is like the most goddamned serious game ever and it has map blacklists and cust server and cust rules and all the cool poo poo that makes it so you can have many kinds of games in your goddamned gungame.

Its like blizzard forgot that the reason Broodwar and TFT were so popular was custom maps and gamemodes, because WC3 become a dota and footmen frenzy engine, the community will make better maps than blizzard ever could regardless of the money they threw at good designers.

It is literally not like blizzard to not give people these options, apparently spending 10 years as a company that basically existed to run wow servers really changed how they view their products.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
Only two bad things about Symetra is her lovely legendary costumes. Lesbian CEO or goofy Hindu god. Also people complaining that your picking symetra as attack on a map where you move the payload. From what I've seen on solo queue, enemy teams rarely have an answer for an extremely aggressive attacking symetra.

Also I cringe when I see people pick Genji, 9/10 times they are complete poo poo. At least a lovely Hanzo can still give wall hacks and double dragon every once in awhile.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Knowing blizzard all other "gamemodes" will just be weekly brawls and they will never let you have random character servers all the time, even though that gamemode is 1000x more fun than genji only, final destination, but with custom server people like me who want to play on forced random with stock rules will have that, and genji only low grav servers will exists for that segment of players who want that.

Also I still play jailbreak in CS from time to time and CS is like the most goddamned serious game ever and it has map blacklists and cust server and cust rules and all the cool poo poo that makes it so you can have many kinds of games in your goddamned gungame.

Its like blizzard forgot that the reason Broodwar and TFT were so popular was custom maps and gamemodes, because WC3 become a dota and footmen frenzy engine, the community will make better maps than blizzard ever could regardless of the money they threw at good designers.

It is literally not like blizzard to not give people these options, apparently spending 10 years as a company that basically existed to run wow servers really changed how they view their products.

Tis probably the ActiVision influence causing that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Beach Party posted:

Lesbian CEO

What

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Beach Party posted:

Also people complaining that your picking symetra as attack on a map where you move the payload. From what I've seen on solo queue, enemy teams rarely have an answer for an extremely aggressive attacking symetra.

Offensive teleporters are horribly underrated and I cringe every time my team doesn't prepare for it. I've actually had to go solve the problem myself more than once - as Reinhardt, who is the last person that should be sniffing out teleporters.

On the bright side, no one ever expects a Reinhardt to be camping their teleporter exit, which means a lot of easy hammer kills and more importantly annoys the hell out of them.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Much like Samson, cutting a woman's hair short drains her of her heterosexuality.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

treat posted:

You're right, sorry. I'll come back once I've learned all the hip memes of the day so I can roll with the big dogs.

Careful you don't cut yourself on all that edge.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Shortest Path posted:

Careful you don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Please don't memeshame tia

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I'm a junkrat junkie. :(

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Vermain posted:

Much like Samson, cutting a woman's hair short drains her of her heterosexuality.

More about the ugly pant suit option. Literally the worst costume choices in the game. Really fun play style though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tetsuo posted:

I'm a junkrat junkie. :D

ftfy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beach Party posted:

More about the ugly pant suit option. Literally the worst costume choices in the game. Really fun play style though.

It's one of the best costumes, actually.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

setafd posted:

D.Va probably has the highest K:D in the game because mechs destroyed don't count as deaths, and she builds ultimate charge rapidly in pilot form so it's easy to get her mech back.

e: also very misleading because I'm sure D.Va's get a ton of assist eliminations from plinking away at people. Her mech gun does pitiful damage unless it's up close.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 4, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Beach Party posted:

Only lesbians wear pantsuits.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Beach Party posted:

Only two bad things about Symetra is her lovely legendary costumes. Lesbian CEO or goofy Hindu god. Also people complaining that your picking symetra as attack on a map where you move the payload. From what I've seen on solo queue, enemy teams rarely have an answer for an extremely aggressive attacking symetra.

Also I cringe when I see people pick Genji, 9/10 times they are complete poo poo. At least a lovely Hanzo can still give wall hacks and double dragon every once in awhile.

Both her legendaries are good and her default look is dumb as hell

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I got the teal raindancer skin for Pharah as my first bought legendary, I think it rocks although I kind of want to culturally appropriate all her other skins too.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I like the Epic retexture that makes it look like she's wearing a Mass Effect outfit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I want them to just port the Vanguard class from Mass Effect into this game wholesale.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

But seriously, as long as you are up close d.va feels like she does more damage than other tanks, specially since she doesn't need to reload.

Unfortunately though, she can't tank any damage at all with her giant head hit box located center mass. You can kill people, but it's a real struggle if they aren't garage at the game.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Only a few of the legendaries are as good as the base skins, and this pattern will in all likelihood continue, because there is a vastly smaller amount of time and effort that goes into a skin compared with what went into designing and refining the original look.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Would be nice if we could disable match chat globally or something instead of per match. Been seeing a lot more salt in chat lately.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Soldier 76's Jet skin is way better than all the others. He's one of the few cases where the default is legit better than every single legendary.

Also Stonehardt is the canonical Reinhardt skin and I don't care what Blizzard says because that is obviously how the character was supposed to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Soldier 76's Jet skin is way better than all the others. He's one of the few cases where the default is legit better than every single legendary.

Also Stonehardt is the canonical Reinhardt skin and I don't care what Blizzard says because that is obviously how the character was supposed to look.

I agree with you on the jet skin but best Reinhardt is Blackhardt.