Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SpacePig posted:

A pretty safe way to keep your kid from getting wholly devoured by a fandom is to participate in it with them. Being able to talk to them about a thing they like means they won't necessarily have to turn to weirdo strangers on the internet.

That or it will just make them be more secretive to avoid the internet equivalent of your parents embarrassing you when they pick you up at school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hey kids! Just like, Bart, yeah? Ha ha! Who's ready to carpool to soccer practice?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
"Dad, why do you keep rewinding the part in Pinocchio where he gets eaten by Monstro?"

"Oh, uh, no reason..."

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Honestly I don't see any problem with a parent taking an interest in nerdy things their kid likes. I mean, it's better than a nerd parent trying to force their kid to be a nerd like them.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Did no one post this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM5fw5UYNjo

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Absolutely fantastic

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Wake_N_Bake posted:

The DnD personal messages on TAZ are so cringe worthy. That one where a parent said they enjoyed fandoms with their kid... Jesus.

"Dear Yahoo Answers: I loved D&D when I was young and the adventuring spirit never died for me. Should I build a miniature dungeon for my kids to explore in the backyard?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

"Dear Yahoo Answers: I loved D&D when I was young and the adventuring spirit never died for me. Should I build a miniature dungeon for my kids to explore in the backyard?"

Only if it's Tomb of Horrors.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The matrix code actually pulls in and then pushes out to help signal the change in perspective.

Its the small details that make Griffin the ultimate joke genius

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Wake_N_Bake posted:

The DnD personal messages on TAZ are so cringe worthy. That one where a parent said they enjoyed fandoms with their kid... Jesus.
they're actually totally fine you big goon

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can't loving believe parents would enjoy media with their children. cringe am I right guys

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

IronicDongz posted:

can't loving believe parents would enjoy media with their children. cringe am I right guys

How dare they lose their edge like that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

IronicDongz posted:

Spending $100 to make sure the internet knows what a cool parent you are, on the other hand...

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
If this Amiibo Corner is the final episode I won't even be mad. I cannot think of a better ending to this dark series.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Poopy Palpy posted:

How dare they lose their edge like that.
Children are the loving worst things to happen to anyone according to any emotionally immature and socially retarded thirty something.

Congrats to Travis and Griffin. They're gonna be good dads just like their dad. :3:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Guy Mann posted:

Spending $100 to make sure the internet knows what a cool parent you are, on the other hand...
I mean, spending that $100 for the shoutout is always gonna be a frivolous decision if you look at it like that. It's a donation to the podcasters you like, the shoutout is just a lil cherry on top.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Parenting advice from goons: Don't be a parent.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Neat, I was subscribing to Clint's youtube channel and he liked this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLySHKpDi9U
I'm a bit late, but thanks for sharing. This was lovely.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Visual Sneeze posted:

I'm a bit late, but thanks for sharing. This was lovely.

Yeah, I loved the crystal kingdom arc already
, but goddamn if that tune isn't the catchiest thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngyKMHujRiE
I imagine walking into a fantasy tavern somewhere and there's a bard playing this tune he heard thirdhand about a great adventure on the moon

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 3, 2016

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I may have missed it but what was actually causing the crystals? Cockney Bounty Hunter of Death? Like everything else I get but I'm lost on what was causing the crystals.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Crystal Kingdom had a lot going on and I missed a few details.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The crystals were because of the philosophers stone, weren't they?

Also I'm in line for the DC show. Woo

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
DC Show! :holy:

The DC thread in LAN took my pre gaming interest check with

No Cussing -
NO EXCEPTIONS

Seriously and turned me down, how sad.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
The scientist (I'm terrible with names) needed a perfectly round crystal lens to access the spirit realm and bring back his dead mother. Perfectly round crystal lenses cannot be crafted or carved, they must be grown that way. So, scientist man decided to use the philosopher's stone to grow a large crystal lens to access said spirit world.

However, when he did this, multiple spirits came through, and all simultaneously possessed the robot the scientist built for his mother to inhabit. The other spirits who came through were planning to use the crystal lens to unleash every soul currently trapped in the spirit realm. With so many different minds inhabiting the same body, the mother went insane. The robot body containing the mom's and all the other souls was then sealed inside a giant crystal along with the philosopher's stone.

As to why everything was turning to crystal, it's not explicit, but I assume this was the work of the souls trapped in the robot body sealed in the crystal. Ghosts only seem to be able to inhabit two things: robots and crystals. All the soon-to-be freed souls are going to need bodies, so the already freed souls, who at this point are essentially voices in the mother's head, convinced the mom (with the help of the stone's inherent thralling powers) to use the power of the philosopher's stone to create a "crystal kingdom" for the souls to live in. This manifested as a spreading plague that turned everything it touched to crystal.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Here's my theory. Lucas' lab was hovering over a very placid lake. I forget what it was called, but its whole thing was that it had no waves or ripples or anything. I bet you gold pieces to grasshoppers that that lake is circular. If that is the case, the plan was for the lab to turn the lake into an enormous pink tourmaline mirror. A portal to the astral plane large enough for millions of spirits to push through at once.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I imagine the giant crocodile would've had something to say about that.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
What was the story with the storm outside? Wasn't Boyland (rest his soul) done in by some sort of crystal-tainted snow or something when he was by the window?

Also the "Pulled from my home inside a cloud | Lost to the dark I drift alone" lyric.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

He took off his helmet to smoke out the window and one of the snowflakes blowing in brushed against something crystal before landing on him.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Visual Sneeze posted:

Also the "Pulled from my home inside a cloud | Lost to the dark I drift alone" lyric.

Maureen lived in the floating laboratory and then died.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
I need NEED a gif of Griffins Goofers animated logo to tweet at him. I'll pay one million internet funbux if somebody can make this happen.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Genuinely conflicted on which t-shirt to wear to the live show, my bootleg Bart Simpson: Radical Dude shirt or my Jimmy Buffett "Island Patrol" shirt.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Coffee And Pie posted:

Genuinely conflicted on which t-shirt to wear to the live show, my bootleg Bart Simpson: Radical Dude shirt or my Jimmy Buffett "Island Patrol" shirt.

Island Patrol. Let Justin know that you have his back.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Coffee And Pie posted:

take them apart and form them into a single super-shirt.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

mikeycp posted:

take them apart and form them into a single super-shirt.

Just like Buffet!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FANTASY SHORTS

FANTASY SHORTS

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Coffee And Pie posted:

sew the bootleg bart to a denim jacket and wear it over the buffett.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

chaos rhames posted:

sew the bootleg bart to a denim jacket and wear it over the buffett.

this is actually the best choice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/739264215601577985

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what a powerful world we live in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/733356819691806722