Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Trump's going to completely collapse well in advance of the convention and Cruz is gonna ooze right back in there, isn't he? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Trump's going to completely collapse well in advance of the convention and Cruz is gonna ooze right back in there, isn't he? :(
Nope, pretty sure he's committed to 2020 at this point, following in the footsteps of St. Reagan in 1976 and all that poo poo.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Alex Jones and Roger Stone BREKING NEWS: Donald Trump Sex Scandal Revealed By Insider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RtVplGmAk

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zwabu posted:

the ooze's physical manifestation has been vanquished from this realm and it will take at least a few years for his shade form to obtain enough life force from draining small forest mammals to create another oozing host so worry not friend

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

lmao donald trump deodorant

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kurt_Cobain posted:

If you want Mark Halperin to say something you pay him then he will say it

Halperin is ingratiating himself with everyone because juicy exclusive quotes are how he sells his books.*

*I've never actually read any of his books

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Zwabu posted:

No. If the impossible happens, Romney will slide in there as a placeholder, then Cruz will appear again in 2020 because conservatism once again will have been failed.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Speaking of Halperin, what the hell is up with the show "The Circus"?

They ended the first season before Cruz bent the knee, and in advance of all the general election tomfoolery? WTF? They are missing all the juicy bits.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Montasque posted:

Alex Jones and Roger Stone BREKING NEWS: Donald Trump Sex Scandal Revealed By Insider:

"he doesn't even take aspirin"

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Chiming in late to say the thread is appreciably better when Fishmech is chain-probating the unironic batshit trump supporters and was at its best before Trump's campaign had taken off enough for them to start congregating here.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Of course Mama's gonna help build the wall

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

zen death robot posted:

It's no mans land 2 using an alt

God bless

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zen death robot posted:

no man's land 3

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

zen death robot posted:

so mans land 22?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Hell if fishmech didn't probate the crazy Trumps they'd probably never sleep

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
He just won't give up on the judge thing

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/739206145072594944

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

babypolis posted:

the ooze's physical manifestation has been vanquished from this realm and it will take at least a few years for his shade form to obtain enough life force from draining small forest mammals to create another oozing host so worry not friend

Just a reminder that Cruz is going to have a fair amount of power at this convention and his band of assholes have chosen this year to make a big deal out of attacking trans people and trying to push through a bunch of gently caress you fags religious liberty laws that the business company hates.

As much as they hope to be able to run on party platform instead of Trump their party platform is mostly likely at a minimum contain some completely odious and big business unfriendly attacks on the LGBT community among others that they would probably otherwise like to distract from.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

oh poo poo when did stone get kicked out? also alex jones is always good for a laugh.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

he's one of the Good Ones, obviously

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm sure by now Manafort has pulled him aside and said, "look Trump, by attacking the son of legal immigrants who worked his way up to a prestigious position fighting drug cartels as a federal judge, you're attacking a portrait of the American Dream so rosy that it's what you put in children's books" so I can only assume he's fully aware of what he's doing and is plowing ahead anyway

I assume he figures the press will turn to favor his point of view like they have previously when the outrage died down, but I doubt they're going to do much to bash a federal judge in defense of a man who said he'd strip the 1st amendment just to sue papers who said mean things about him.

I mean poo poo, J-Rube is WithHer now and for all the talk about how Clinton is trying to bring in disaffected Republicans (she is) by selling out values (she isn't), it really just looks like Clinton is sticking to her guns and some of the right is just using her as a prop to prove their outrage, which is fine if it means they aren't voting Trump

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

no man's land 3

i believe nml3 is actually the real nml along with nml4. but at this point who the gently caress knows.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Good job on Trump who is effectively being attacked on being a fascist on citing a former AG who resigned under scandle for numerous controversies including supporting torture, warrantless wiretaps on US citizens and firing numerous prosecutors over political reasons.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

im glad, because it's possibly the stupidest hill to die on. trump was probably too psyched that a guy named alberto gonzales supports him to remember his goddamn terrible reputation.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

the paradigm shift posted:

what are they calling the post millennials anyways? I need to get started on calling them shiftless layabouts and they're getting too old to just yell these drat kids

Generation Selfie.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The RNC platforms are going to be 90% Cruz delegates and Serious Business Men making the sort of platform points they would've gotten under Cruz, and Trump will nod and smile and say, "yeah okay sure, that's fine. It's fine" and then the next day start saying the opposite and it'll be fine because Trump is by no means bound to what the RNC platform is determined to be.

GOP policy is now entirely in the hand of The Orange One and it changes every single day, and a reporter can make it whatever they want just by asking him about it in a certain way

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Slate Action posted:

https://twitter.com/mittromney/status/737802980607557632
I love how Romney et al. are all too cowardly to actually run themselves so they try to recruit some random guy to do it for them

And months too late, of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxch-yi14BE

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Darkman Fanpage posted:

oh poo poo when did stone get kicked out? also alex jones is always good for a laugh.

He was "fired" by the Trump campaign late last year and then proceeded to get booked on cable shows all the time as a "former Trump aide" where he proceeded to kiss Trump's rear end for five minutes.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

He was "fired" by the Trump campaign late last year and then proceeded to get booked on cable shows all the time as a "former Trump aide" where he proceeded to kiss Trump's rear end for five minutes.

Yeah this seems to be a standard method when sacking a useful minion. Retain some usefulness by the minion being a mouthpiece for you on cable news. This is what happened to the guy from the Cruz campaign who got "fired" over the deception about Carson getting out of the campaign, I think his name was Rick Tyler? Spent the rest of the primary shilling for Cruz on cable news until Cruz quit.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Yeah this is the guy you want to hitch your wagon too

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

all these commencement speech digs lately are bad, for keeping Trump in the news even a little and also playing into the trap of delegitimizing academia for being liberal.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Alberto 'I do not recall' Gonzales

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

lookoutbelow posted:

Yeah this is the guy you want to hitch your wagon too

Desperation, Trump is wrong on this, important people are rightfully alienating themselves on this with Trump because he is so clearly wrong, he's getting relentlessly attacked on it with no end in sight and this was the only life raft offered to him.

This was a setup from The Hill and Trump took the bait because he had nothing else and is too stupid to do even a minimal amount of vetting on anyone, believe he is wrong, or know anything about politics.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
To be honest this is probably enough of an excuse for the media to return to lovely form and transition over the next week into "well maybe the judge is biased, who can say"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Epic High Five posted:

I'm sure by now Manafort has pulled him aside and said, "look Trump, by attacking the son of legal immigrants who worked his way up to a prestigious position fighting drug cartels as a federal judge, you're attacking a portrait of the American Dream so rosy that it's what you put in children's books" so I can only assume he's fully aware of what he's doing and is plowing ahead anyway

I assume he figures the press will turn to favor his point of view like they have previously when the outrage died down, but I doubt they're going to do much to bash a federal judge in defense of a man who said he'd strip the 1st amendment just to sue papers who said mean things about him.

I mean poo poo, J-Rube is WithHer now and for all the talk about how Clinton is trying to bring in disaffected Republicans (she is) by selling out values (she isn't), it really just looks like Clinton is sticking to her guns and some of the right is just using her as a prop to prove their outrage, which is fine if it means they aren't voting Trump

The press tactic would work better if he wasn't also being worse towards them recently as well. The honeymoon press era seems to be over and it is not at a great time for Trump, especially without any primaries left to change the narrative.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hmm, good points raised here about it being OK to dismiss a federal judge from Alberto Gonzales, the Attorney General who resigned after it was revealed he fired U.S. Attorneys who were perceived to be disloyal to the Bush administration.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Slate Action posted:

To be honest this is probably enough of an excuse for the media to return to lovely form and transition over the next week into "well maybe the judge is biased, who can say"

Nope, it just made things worse. Alberto is a scumbag already thrown out of mainstream Republican circles for being a piece of poo poo, Trump in defending painfully racist comments just tied himself to a guy that supported torture, warrantless wiretaps basically a lot of the toxic parts of the GWB administration that he was chased out the party for as partially a scapegoat.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
I dont use alt accounts and never have, sorry

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Guys Trump is going to win Tuesday, he's going to win so much on Tuesday the media will forget everything that happened this week.

Then on Wednesday he's going to say something insane and horrible and a whole new cycle of poo poo will start up.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

No Mans Land 2 posted:

I dont use alt accounts and never have, sorry

we demand to see your long form registration certificate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

holy poo poo of course he would enlist gonzales' help ahahaha

• Locked thread