Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Stokes posted:

Check out https://www.twitch.tv/distortion2 right now for a ridiculous new speedrun strat.

Also unrelated: Quickstep is so OP.

I can't comprehend what he's doing, but I'm pretty sure it's hacking. Some kind of built in hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Gologle posted:

I can't comprehend what he's doing, but I'm pretty sure it's hacking. Some kind of built in hacking.

He's trying to snipe that crystal lizard. The 'built in hacking' is just to unload the textures to see exactly where the firebombs hit as he is essentially going to be throwing them blind once he does real runs. He's got it to be pretty consistent.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I JUST GOT SUMMONED and the motherfucker ran off to black crystal out so I didn't get anything.

Edit: Got my second summon. Turns out you get an ear if you're summoned into a world where the boss battle is already active.

Cyberventurer fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 4, 2016

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Uhhhh so I haven't played in a while and loaded up a NG+ character right before Decons of Deep.

It seems like all the treasures, a bunch of gates that I opened, etc. have been reset. Hell I found drops outside fire link there again.

Did I miss some weird patch thing or did I just get a weird bug???

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Stokes posted:

Check out https://www.twitch.tv/distortion2 right now for a ridiculous new speedrun strat.

Also unrelated: Quickstep is so OP.

Even if you don't use daggers, get yourself one just for quickstepping through Farron Keep's swamp, is just amazing. You don't need FP at all to perform quickstep.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i was getting a lot more frequent summons to wolnir than i got to abyss watchers at the same time the other day. like a lot more :raise:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They all wanted to find out what's at the bottom of wolnir's arena.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Guillermus posted:

Even if you don't use daggers, get yourself one just for quickstepping through Farron Keep's swamp, is just amazing. You don't need FP at all to perform quickstep.

FP fueled quickstep has a shitload of i frames and is even more spammable than rolling.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I just beat the Dancer last night. That's the fight that I've sort of been dreading this whole game and it took me about 6 tries but I was able to do it WITHOUT a summoned bro! Definitely feel like up to this point that has been the hardest fight.

First souls game and I've really really been enjoying it. I don't remember the last time I was this into a game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

All of a sudden I am getting blue summons!

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Yeah I just picked up the Aldrich Faithful covenant and got 4 summons in a row. To be fair this is the first I've tried Faithful or Bluecop'ing but it seems to be working ok atm.

Fwiw, level 60 sitting at the Aldrich bonfire.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Aldritch's seems to be okay for whatever reason. I maxed out that covenant easy. It's Blues that have it the worst.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

FP fueled quickstep has a shitload of i frames and is even more spammable than rolling.

Too bad you can't actually attack out of it nearly as quickly as a roll, making it a useless novelty in PvP.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

It took hours of editing but I finally finished my Dark Souls 3 montage video!!!! It's filled with all the good stuff....death, rekage, casuls, casuls getting rekt, baller rear end parrys and ripostes, hardcore wizard battles, softcore wizard battles, emotes, oh so many emotes, incredibly satisfying invasions, and long, overstretched duels where both of us estus! Also I think I made a great soundtrack to go with it too so you guys should check it out!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GBi8OV4fg

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

MarshyMcFly posted:

It took hours of editing but I finally finished my Dark Souls 3 montage video!!!! It's filled with all the good stuff....death, rekage, casuls, casuls getting rekt, baller rear end parrys and ripostes, hardcore wizard battles, softcore wizard battles, emotes, oh so many emotes, incredibly satisfying invasions, and long, overstretched duels where both of us estus! Also I think I made a great soundtrack to go with it too so you guys should check it out!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GBi8OV4fg

I thought it was clever in the Seiryu fight from like 6:45 to 10:00 when you parried the air 9 times to keep him on his toes.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I thought it was clever in the Seiryu fight from like 6:45 to 10:00 when you parried the air 9 times to keep him on his toes.

I was mostly trying to get him to attack me because the only times he would hit me were when I missed the stupid stomp move and he would just dark sword spam me to hell and back. Such an annoying fight that im glad I won lol.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 4, 2016

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Someone told me to grind out a symbol of avarice I can keep bonfiring and running back to a mimic I left alive and hitting it with a charm (so it snoozes) and it'll drop one eventually. Does it work that way? Won't seem to drop.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Someone told me to grind out a symbol of avarice I can keep bonfiring and running back to a mimic I left alive and hitting it with a charm (so it snoozes) and it'll drop one eventually. Does it work that way? Won't seem to drop.

Yes, got myself one that way. RNG is RNG.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Yes it does work. Throw the charm at the mimic and it'll open. Look at its teeth and wait for them to curl back; that's when you can loot it. If you can't loot it, it didn't drop the hat. So punch it and it will go back to sleep and let you use a charm on it again.

The chance of getting the hat is still super low so it can take quite some time.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
It works and you don't even have to run to a bonfire inbetween. Just throw a charm, if you didn't get it, wait until it closes up, then throw another.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Holy poo poo his you've blown up my productivity thank you!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I guess I traded all my bluecop summon luck in for symbol of avarice drops because all of my characters have one

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I guess I traded all my bluecop summon luck in for symbol of avarice drops because all of my characters have one

I think they just did something to the summoning process because I just got my first blue summon in God knows how many hours of gameplay.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
wolf invader here. if i invade please dont start hiding and then cord pull when i do find you. i have a covenant to max out.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Iretep posted:

wolf invader here. if i invade please dont start hiding and then cord pull when i do find you. i have a covenant to max out.

Farm the tree-monsters like all decent people do.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I'm 120 right now. If I do the drawing out your power quest line in ng+ is it going to forced me out of 120?

E: is it possible to do it without upping my level?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I'm 120 right now. If I do the drawing out your power quest line in ng+ is it going to forced me out of 120?

It's not possible no. If you want a Hollow build the NG cycle where you stop will have to be a Lord of Hollows run.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Not possible. Gaining the dark digils requires that you accept free levels from Yoel.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Drang Hammers seem pretty cool, I'm screwing around in lothric castle and they are solid weapons

Any feeling on how they do in PvP? I know it's not an estoc or a longsword but they at least seem pretty quick

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Harvey Mantaco posted:

if your worry is out levelling multiplayer don't sweat it too much. I needed to start Lord of Hollows in NG++ for a gesture and was in the same position as you. I took the levels and it made no discernible difference to my experience.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you definitely won't outlevel the 120 crowd by going to 125, that's for sure

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

QuarkJets posted:

Drang Hammers seem pretty cool, I'm screwing around in lothric castle and they are solid weapons

Any feeling on how they do in PvP? I know it's not an estoc or a longsword but they at least seem pretty quick

Terrible for invasions. They have a good moveset but they are in the hammer category and as such arbitrarily do not get as much phantom range as long swords. You will have a ton of trouble against multiple people because you have to be so close to hit them. The weapon swings in wide arcs but the lack of range means hitting more than one target is really hard.

In 1v1s they do a lot better but you're basically never gonna get those invading.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Man, Onceiros kicks my rear end when I solo him.I get into a good rhythm chippin away at him, but inevitably I get a bad combo of a dash attack and then a tail spin when i'm prone and it's lights out. I'm doing this at level 58 so I'm probably a little low, but man I don't know if it's the camera or his weird patterns or just my own crap-assedness, but he's a real fart.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Any idea on what would preventing me from starting my first NG? I beat the twin princes, activated the bon fire and I can not move onto a new game, I went back to the Firelight Shrine and I don't have the new game option at that bone fire too.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rythe posted:

Any idea on what would preventing me from starting my first NG? I beat the twin princes, activated the bon fire and I can not move onto a new game, I went back to the Firelight Shrine and I don't have the new game option at that bone fire too.

twin princes aren't the final boss bro.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
probably havent killed the final boss yet. go try and putting all the heads on the thrones.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Rythe posted:

Did you put the ashes on the thrones?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Kild posted:

twin princes aren't the final boss bro.

Well poo poo I thought that was the end boss and I just respeced to a pyro build to start in the NG+. I am thinking this last boss might be a bit much since I have never played a pyromancer up until now, this should be amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Sad to see what happened to Gwyndolin. I always let him live in DS, makes me feel a bit down that his canonical fate is to be eaten alive by some dumb fat cannibal.

RIP moon prince :(