Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

Beat team in defense, we all say GG. Lose to same team on offense, enemy team says things like "quit the game lol" "i can feel the salt" "mad cuz u lost" when all we said was GG again. What is with people?

im sorry that you had a gaming experience with teenagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
How can I play with other goons? I don't use a Mic.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Golem II posted:

How can I play with other goons? I don't use a Mic.

Join discord, type a lot in chat to communicate. Not that different really! :shrug:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Grab the Discord link in the OP anyway. It has built-in chat that isn't poo poo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Honestly most goon groups don't even use the mics and that's just perfectly fine. Use discord as a chat room to get groups together and you can just listen to the ingame voice comms if you'd like.

I've come to feel like the swapping heroes midmatch thing was a fairly late change (before people got to play the game). Just small things like how highlights will default to only one character. How the career profile stats are kind of based around on a per-match basis with that hero.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ya know it's really not that hard to build a balanced comp in this game. Blizzard even goes out of their way to warn you when you're loving up how hard is it to do this :argh:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

But if one Widowmaker is good then three has to be better, right!?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Apparently going support is a free card to complain about your team for anything.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

piratepilates posted:

Apparently going support is a free card to complain about your team for anything.

loving mercies just won't shut up

they're not even good at playing mercy

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Prav posted:

loving mercies just won't shut up

they're not even good at playing mercy

Come to think of it I don't remember that Lucio using his E or Q at any point. Or speed boost people to group up.

The one thing I want a scoreboard for sometimes is to see if I can confirm my suspicion of bitchy support players dying more than everyone else.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Ularg posted:

I've come to feel like the swapping heroes midmatch thing was a fairly late change (before people got to play the game). Just small things like how highlights will default to only one character. How the career profile stats are kind of based around on a per-match basis with that hero.

Nah, hero swapping has been part of the design for likely the entire time. Highlights show your 'best' play per match, and they don't care how long you were on a character. As for the profile stuff, it used to average to per minute. I'm not sure why they changed it, but they did about halfway through the beta.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

piratepilates posted:

Come to think of it I don't remember that Lucio using his E or Q at any point. Or speed boost people to group up.

The one thing I want a scoreboard for sometimes is to see if I can confirm my suspicion of bitchy support players dying more than everyone else.

If your support keeps dying because you never protect them that's your fault though.

Like once I played a match where Tracer just sat in back waiting for me, then popped out to murder me before slinking into the shadows. Nobody would help me deal with her. Even when I walked out of spawn with someone right next to me they would blindly walk towards the point while she destroyed me.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

maybe you just weren't very likable

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

piratepilates posted:

You know support heroes are the top priority for the enemy team, right?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Internet Kraken posted:

If your support keeps dying because you never protect them that's your fault though.

Like once I played a match where Tracer just sat in back waiting for me, then popped out to murder me before slinking into the shadows. Nobody would help me deal with her. Even when I walked out of spawn with someone right next to me they would blindly walk towards the point while she destroyed me.

To be clear, I don't think that's your fault; I think I'd stop giving a poo poo in that situation too. But... switch to McCree (or whoever your favorite Tracer counter is), murder the Tracer, duck back into spawn to switch back to whatever you were doing, go about your business? You'll probably upset them enough that they'll be after you for the rest of the match, but it sounds like they already were anyway.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mercy and lucio have excellent defensive tools

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mercy is surrounded by tools but they suck at defending her

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Brannock posted:

You know support heroes are the top priority for the enemy team, right?

I've got less deaths on average in a round when I play healers versus otherwise. They're top priorities but they also have escape mechanisms and you should be positioning yourself to be harder to hit by the other team without having to go through the rest of your team.

I ain't gonna fault a support for saying they get picked off too often or aren't being covered, but when they seem to be throwing themselves at the control point when it isn't overtime I get concerned.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just had a crazy round with Zarya were it felt like I was at 100 charge most the match. Ended up with 45 eliminations as her.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there a gang tag for mercy or mei? I need one as well as a new avatar

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

piratepilates posted:

I've got less deaths on average in a round when I play healers versus otherwise. They're top priorities but they also have escape mechanisms and you should be positioning yourself to be harder to hit by the other team without having to go through the rest of your team.

I ain't gonna fault a support for saying they get picked off too often or aren't being covered, but when they seem to be throwing themselves at the control point when it isn't overtime I get concerned.

i mean ultimately the player with the most influence over the wellbeing of the healer is the healer

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's gonna be sad for my fun when I get muted for trash talking widows and mcrees in all chat for reflecting snipes and high noons back in their faces. Probably good for my stats though because I keep dying while typing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this is what you're all missing by not playing goon inhouses with us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkDaYNSPwo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm really starting to get a feel for Tracer, and goddamn she is such a loving joy to play when you're playing well and the other team isn't countering you aggressively. I love just sitting right in the middle of the other team's backfield, poking people and running away, leading folks on chases and skirmishes way away from the point, zipping past bastions and tagging them with bombs before rewinding away....God, you can make such a massive loving nuisance of yourself and it's just a drat good time.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Verranicus posted:

Beat team in defense, we all say GG. Lose to same team on offense, enemy team says things like "quit the game lol" "i can feel the salt" "mad cuz u lost" when all we said was GG again. What is with people?

Rate it one and move on. They're probably teens or younger who only know how to communicate online from poo poo they've watched on Twitch or YouTube. I mostly find people being pretty chill, and I'm glad for it. Hell, sometimes I even vote for the other team, especially if they pull off an impressive POTG or kill me in a particularly cool way. I'm really hoping most of the assholes will migrate over to whatever competitive mode is going to be where they can have all their pro-strats and Twitch catchphrases and leave the people who want to chill and play for fun alone.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Hellburger99 posted:

Rate it one and move on. They're probably teens or younger who only know how to communicate online from poo poo they've watched on Twitch or YouTube. I mostly find people being pretty chill, and I'm glad for it. Hell, sometimes I even vote for the other team, especially if they pull off an impressive POTG or kill me in a particularly cool way. I'm really hoping most of the assholes will migrate over to whatever competitive mode is going to be where they can have all their pro-strats and Twitch catchphrases and leave the people who want to chill and play for fun alone.

I've got some bad news. The loudest, angriest, most awful people to play with are the ones who have no idea what even goes into a team comp. They're probably not going to play in competitive very long.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Is there a gang tag for mercy or mei? I need one as well as a new avatar

Come to the chill overwatch thread, friend, where the OP has gang tags for all of the heroes.

Edit: I haven't seen anyone with the Soldier: 76 one. Sad.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

ya know it's really not that hard to build a balanced comp in this game. Blizzard even goes out of their way to warn you when you're loving up how hard is it to do this :argh:

Mercy and Lucio are boring and im going for kills no matter what.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Why are all the origin edition skins worse than the original

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Darth Windu posted:

Costumes are more visually interesting than 'gruff guy'?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

freakin everyone has them it sucks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

I like soldier's captain america skin

even his dragonball scouter

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Blackwatch Reyes has some baller shotguns.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Darth Windu posted:

Flower-covered Bastion is awesome. Security chief Pharah is okay, but would be cooler if you could change the color.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Moola posted:

freakin everyone has them it sucks

Why does it matter what skins other people have?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

IronDoge posted:

Sometimes you get all sprays and sometimes you get this:

Or in my case open 24 boxes, get one legendary, and have it be a duplicate of one you already have. 200 credits is kind of insulting. Would be nice if it was half of the purchase value. I have a bunch of great emotes, intros, and victory poses now, so it isn't all bad. Don't gamble, kids.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Mercy and Lucio are boring and im going for kills no matter what.

I 1v1ed a S76 with mercy's blaster and won with 100% of the credit. Don't underestimate that thing when your team mates are leaving you to die.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only skin I don't like from Origins is Pharah's. I think her default looks a lot better, tbh.

VodeAndreas posted:

I 1v1ed a S76 with mercy's blaster and won with 100% of the credit. Don't underestimate that thing when your team mates are leaving you to die.

Mercys that fight back are the worst because you really aren't expecting it most of the time. They usually just try to run away. Then you realize she's a better shot than you are and it's just sad. :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So does unloading a full clip from Tracer's guns into Bastion's back really not do enough damage to kill his sentry form? I was watching my little brother play and recommended he try that. Bastion lived and responded by turning around and turning him into paste.

I thought with 300% extra damage Bastion would of died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Internet Kraken posted:

So does unloading a full clip from Tracer's guns into Bastion's back really not do enough damage to kill his sentry form? I was watching my little brother play and recommended he try that. Bastion lived and responded by turning around and turning him into paste.

I thought with 300% extra damage Bastion would of died.

If it's at point-blank I have no doubt. Further than that and I'd say it's a pretty risky gambit. Tracer's damage at distance ramps off extremely heavily; to the point that she mostly only does damage at real close-range and is made to annoy and grab attention at further distances to dodge all over the place.