Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I know it would not be practical to implement and you'd always see teams spiking wins because one person would be insisting on the gimmick while the other is like "JUST SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKERS" etc. but I really wish their were teamup moves like some Junkrat/Roadhog combo attack or like when Winston and Tracer do a Fastball Special in the museum trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I know it would not be practical to implement and you'd always see teams spiking wins because one person would be insisting on the gimmick while the other is like "JUST SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKERS" etc. but I really wish their were teamup moves like some Junkrat/Roadhog combo attack or like when Winston and Tracer do a Fastball Special in the museum trailer

just set up other moves with knockback moves, you can even do this with roadhog and junkrat by using a concussion mine to knock someone into a hook, which is definitely something you totally planned to do.

theres a lot of synergy in the game (good) without really forcing gimmick combos(bad) imo.

Plus given blizzard's stance on genji + zenyatta from beta they are obviously down on flavor-based combos :haw:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
the least they could do is include a high-five sync emote. Especially if it became active after sharing in a kill assist

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
whens conga

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's always embarrassing for a new, inexperienced reaper to get sniped in the head after a poorly-placed teleport. But it teaches them a valuable lesson on how not to play that class.

It's also very fun to do this.

You mean, that ":lol: just flank Widow" is a filthy lie on Anubis attack?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

You mean, that ":lol: just flank Widow" is a filthy lie on Anubis attack?

anubis attack is prob the worst for reaper flanks, exacerbated by genji having better flanks using the same routes through the first choke but genji also has a wall climb to get completely behind point A

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 5, 2016

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm still pretty bad at this game, but after some games tonight I feel like I may actually be improving.

Added bonus is that it's been fun the entire time. I like this game. :3:

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

whens conga

I hope to god they add this

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I don't know what it is - maybe I'm getting better at knowing the maps - but, goddamn I'm wrecking house with Tracer now. Everything just clicked for me with her these past few days, and I can usually top Kills/Objective Kills/Damage consistently with the pubs I play against. Almost no deaths, either, save for the occasional Widow/Hanzo that tags me across the map.

I can see why people were calling her annoying around release/beta.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

piratepilates posted:

Apparently going support is a free card to complain about your team for anything.

Mercy is the only hero where I'll get salty enough to complain, because it is literally a hero that involves watching someone on your team letting you down. I have healed you over 300 damage from this solo tracer why can't you kill it why do I have to do everything *pulls out lovely pistol and kills tracer after you die*

Starla
May 9, 2005

I hit men during sex....... and not during sex.

Countblanc posted:

this is what you're all missing by not playing goon inhouses with us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkDaYNSPwo

How do I do this?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Here's a thing I realized while playing as Symmetra a lot cuz I got her Legendary skin that looks like a hindu goddess (One of the most high quality skins btw, also when you get play of the game people love that skin)

There should be a bollywood level and it should be the first level with NPCs and they're always dancing. Actually make the dancing NPCs the payload. Thanks

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Some guy left while we were setting up on defense. I'm playing Torbjörn and have already gotten my turret up when some other dudes joins, spawns as Torbjörn and then starts demanding that someone switch to a healer. "Someone needs to switch to healer, or I'll leave", he says, but no one gives a poo poo. So he leaves, and is immediately replaced by someone who spawns as Lucio.

I don't know where he got the idea that threatening to leave would have any effect.

e: me and a gang of pubbies also managed to win Temple of Anubis attack in 1.32.

Scherloch fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jun 5, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://gfycat.com/NextAnchoredFeline

Soldier wanted to show all his other soldier buddies his new hat :3:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Chie + Yukiko's teamup attack from Persona 4, but with Mei and D.Va

But really you can just combine their ults and achieve the same thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It always becomes my priority to prove I'm a better Pharah than the other one. I understand you.

It might be worth using the aerial superiority spray if enemies can see it in killcams

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Some truly terrible games this morning. I hate it when late people just refuse to pick a hero who would actually be useful for the comp of the game, so not only are they a minute behind everybody else getting to the point but they're also bringing another Hanzo when we have no supports and two other snipers.

At least I was rewarded with this fully sick loot box.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Blizzard, please make it so I can queue only for KOTH maps.
Thank you in advance.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

pulp rag posted:

I don't know what it is - maybe I'm getting better at knowing the maps - but, goddamn I'm wrecking house with Tracer now. Everything just clicked for me with her these past few days, and I can usually top Kills/Objective Kills/Damage consistently with the pubs I play against. Almost no deaths, either, save for the occasional Widow/Hanzo that tags me across the map.

I can see why people were calling her annoying around release/beta.

I was feeling really good about my Tracer skills but now like three people are like "omg you guys I'm doing super good with Tracer" and now I'm just depressed and think she's overtuned and that I'm not actually that good :(

Broken Cog posted:

Blizzard, please make it so I can queue only for KOTH maps.
Thank you in advance.

This but the opposite too please.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 5, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I tried the Overwatch open beta and it was alright but not really my jam--I felt the same about TFC. But if it continues to be this popular once the game goes on sale, I'll have to pick it up. :negative:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It might not go on sale for a while. Blizzard knows their games have long legs and is notoriously stingy about their pricing.

Unless you're talking about the console versions in which case do whatever you dirty, dirty peasant.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It might not go on sale for a while. Blizzard knows their games have long legs and is notoriously stingy about their pricing.

Unless you're talking about the console versions in which case do whatever you dirty, dirty peasant.

Their games don't go on regular sales like Steam does but generally most of their catalog goes on sale once or twice a year, it's just one at a time rather than all at once.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Honestly none of the heroes in this game require that much skill to play effectively other than standard fps hand eye coordination. If you're having fun playing Tracer then go for it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Capco posted:

Honestly none of the heroes in this game require that much skill to play effectively other than standard fps hand eye coordination. If you're having fun playing Tracer then go for it.

Yeah but I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was :saddowns:

E: nvm, I forgot that the later Call of Duties had a ranked ladder, though it's kind of- uh, not very good (quelle surprise.)

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 5, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

I tried the Overwatch open beta and it was alright but not really my jam--I felt the same about TFC. But if it continues to be this popular once the game goes on sale, I'll have to pick it up. :negative:

The PC has a $40 version already. They do a really good job of making the game look like it's $60 though

I can bet you it will not be cheaper than $40 for a long time

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also just to be sure, there's no way to see any sort of match history yet, is there? I went on a really hot win streak this morning but I didn't track exactly how many games I won.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Also just to be sure, there's no way to see any sort of match history yet, is there? I went on a really hot win streak this morning but I didn't track exactly how many games I won.

watcher.gg kind of

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

I was feeling really good about my Tracer skills but now like three people are like "omg you guys I'm doing super good with Tracer" and now I'm just depressed and think she's overtuned and that I'm not actually that good :(

I felt the same way about Symettra yesterday when she just finally clicked for me and I felt comfortable using her on offense. At some point I asked myself "Is she TOO op?"

Then somebody playing as Mei wrecked my poo poo 4 matches in a row.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

super macho dude posted:

I felt the same way about Symettra yesterday when she just finally clicked for me and I felt comfortable using her on offense. At some point I asked myself "Is she TOO op?"

Then somebody playing as Mei wrecked my poo poo 4 matches in a row.

The day that Symmetra becomes overtuned is the day I start stocking up on canned goods.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Finally got around to playing some McCree this arvo and lol is there a character in the game that uses their left mouse button less? Having an instant win button and a 2nd chance free reload button if you gently caress that up just makes things too loving easy

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Finally got around to playing some McCree this arvo and lol is there a character in the game that uses their left mouse button less? Having an instant win button and a 2nd chance free reload button if you gently caress that up just makes things too loving easy

I hope they nerf it into an "oh poo poo" button that you use only when people get up in your grill because having three flankers in assault is probably a bit much (even Pharah can technically be counted as a vertical flanker).

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can just walk up to reinhardt and shoot him through the shields with anyone if you're close enough I think. you're probably gonna eat a hammer if you try tho

Yes, I realize that you can walk through the shield, I was talking about a Reinhardt wedged into a corner.

I actually make a habit of just walking through the shields of an overextended Reinhardt and shooting him, because a lot of the time he has no good answer for that.

OxySnake posted:

It could be that. Although with a majority of the player base hovering around that 50% win, I have a :tinfoil: suspicion that if you get to many games above 50% it will start putting you in situations it expects you to lose to bring you back down.

I have a a 55% win rate, so I'm overdue.

Zoness posted:

I hadn't found a demo of the volskaya jump with Junkrat yet so here's the trick for all of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtS9G-_3VE

This route is also doable much more easily with Winston, DVA, Genji, Reaper, Widowmaker, Tracer, Lucio, and Pharah but someone put up a video for those chars already during early beta.

I tried single bomb jumps in a practice game and coudn't make it. I hadn't thought of a double bomb. And for good reason, as it turns out. I am unable to pull it off. I am too terrible at the angle or timing. I think I'll never use that route ever.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I "only" have 16 hours but basically since launch I've been sitting at a 54-55% winrate so I'm living proof that the forcing people down meme is untrue.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

The day that Symmetra becomes overtuned is the day I start stocking up on canned goods.

She was nerfed in the beta because she gave 50 shields which made heroes like Tracer way too strong

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'd like it if Symmetra's shield was a passive aura with a limited range and she got something else to do with her E button since it's kind of braindead at the moment. Press E on every hero once at the start of the match, forget about it forever until they die.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
How many more weeks until something is done about the turret heroes? One RoboFucker and two Swedes is just about impossible to fight into in a KOTH map like Hanamura.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Impressive troll attempt, I guess. Or missing a source for a quote.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ZypherIM posted:

In fairness, Bastion does have a major design issue where he's an unstoppable monster against relatively inexperienced players and a pile of garbage most of the time against experienced ones. The only time since after about 10~ hours of playing where a Bastion has been a problem is on poorly designed maps like Hanamura/Anubis.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking as a crippled scrub who's usually teamed with similar incompetents it is most definitely true. Rationally I know it's not hard to deal with, but a half-competent Bastion or multiple Toblerones can completely shut down low-skill teams and basically make it impossible to push or fight back. Even a Reinhardt doesn't help much since his shield drops in, what, two or three seconds of sustained fire ans you have to somehow get your teammates to use that short window to kill them. And of course once you do the enemy Mercy just resses them all...

Granted a decent Widow is like a thousand times worse at that skill level, but it takes a really competent player and you run into one of those way less often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ZypherIM posted:

I'm not trolling. There's some people where every game you play they do Bastion and at least one Torbjorn on defense every time.

I find Torbjorn more annoying on concept because you're basically fighting the server, not a player's aim. But then again, Bastion has more ability, so...

Edit: I guess it's worth mentioning that in twenty years of playing FPS I've never been good at sniping at all so I avoid sniper classes completely. TeamFortress seems to have the people who play Sniper for a living, while Overwatch seems to have people like me who avoid it at most costs and get frustrated at the missing puzzle piece.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 5, 2016