Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

if youre on ps4 then make a guest account

I know it was a long time ago when posted about it but thank you for pointing out how fun playing V without markers is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's a marker on mgsv alright. a mark of a good game. A Hideo Kojima Game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

People who poo poo on TPP story ar crybabies that want their precious series to adhere to every single point of history perfectly. The best thing about hideo kojima sequels is that he doesn't care about changing the past later if it better fits what he can or wants to do now

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it would be cool if you could wear Octocamo in TPP.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I tried playing no reflex no markers but its to hard.. MAybe I just suck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I played the whole game no reflexes and it was totally fine but yeah no markers requires a entirely different style of play

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Slo-mo headshots are too sick for me to ever turn reflex mode off. The nasty crunch sound and the slow blossoming of blood spatter... Hell yeah

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
You...kill opponents? You dishonor yourself.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Reprisal posted:

You...kill opponents? You dishonor yourself.

Stfu. Killing people is cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Slo-mo headshots are too sick for me to ever turn reflex mode off. The nasty crunch sound and the slow blossoming of blood spatter... Hell yeah

it's extremely fail to have reflex on

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Evil Eagle posted:

it's extremely fail to have reflex on
Reflex mode is pretty fun, if I played again I'd probably do reflex mode on with no markers.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Reflex mode is pretty fun, if I played again I'd probably do reflex mode on with no markers.

That's what I'm doing on my replay.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Benny D posted:

People who poo poo on TPP story ar crybabies that want their precious series to adhere to every single point of history perfectly. The best thing about hideo kojima sequels is that he doesn't care about changing the past later if it better fits what he can or wants to do now

Exactly, this is a big reason why I love CoD. All action, no bullshit rear end story. Which is why MGSV>MGS2. I can just go bang bang on some russian fools, no boring talky talky, and quiet is HOTT

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

I turned off reflex and markers when I played, but I kept enemy presence indicators on. That way you have some idea if someone's looking at you, but you can't just track them through walls. I had to turn markers back on for Quiet though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its kinda annoying that Infinite Heaven turns off helicopter pick up in Subsistence mode so you have to spend half your mission time just running to the exit. At least if you cant find a car somewhere

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Exactly, this is a big reason why I love CoD. All action, no bullshit rear end story. Which is why MGSV>MGS2. I can just go bang bang on some russian fools, no boring talky talky, and quiet is HOTT
agreed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nevermind I realized how customizable it all is so i switched to allow LZ extraction. Awesome. I also have been playing with some other options and may post some sweet screenies if i can get it all set up properly

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I know it was a long time ago when posted about it but thank you for pointing out how fun playing V without markers is

its a different game. with all the respect in the world to kojima, having them on makes the game feel and look and play too much like an AAA western game for my liking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive been playing a lot more aggressively with OSP missions. i wipe out bases and stuff because i like when plans fall apart and you have to scramble and manage your ammo and stuff. as the soldiers get better though thats going to be an optin anymore

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
So would Infinite Heaven work if I just add it or do I need to clear my progress first? I've barely done anything in the PC version so it's fine either way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think it works if you add it to a file

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdGDhoUyQj4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget do you need to develop the option to play as soldiers that arent Snake

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I forget do you need to develop the option to play as soldiers that arent Snake

U need the combat platform

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Infinite Heaven looks like it's come on really well.... it should have a mode where u infiltrate Mother Base and the commander has the Venom model.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

U need the combat platform

Sweet I figured there was something. There's an option in infinite heaven to swap your character model in cutscenes so my The Boss run will be internally consistent

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried to go back to Mother Base and my game broke. i guess there might be issues with infinite heaven?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

classic scene and mission

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thanks to playing on subsistence and trying to just book it in a jeep when the skulls showed up i found out they have unique attack animations for jumping onto your jeep and hackking at it with a machete

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

sjw: no i must not look at the sexy polygon woman noooooo muh inclusion muh representation
me: cuck.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

sjw: no i must not look at the sexy polygon woman noooooo muh inclusion muh representation

Lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i still don't have the freaking wormhole fulton

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i play this game about twice a month now and every time i do i am confounded by the flood of FOB poo poo. i still have absolutely no idea what is going on with that and i honestly do not want to. it looks like a freaking pain in the rear end to maintain. no thank you.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gently caress loving metal gear rex. God drat it. I'm really getting mad at my video game rn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycophobia posted:

gently caress loving metal gear rex. God drat it. I'm really getting mad at my video game rn.
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I saved up all my chaff grenades in Chapter 4 of MGS4 because I thought I'd have to fight Rex again. It was so satisfying.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm coming into the fight with 1 chaff and 1 ration so I'm kinda having a hard time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycophobia posted:

I'm coming into the fight with 1 chaff and 1 ration so I'm kinda having a hard time
That's tough. I only had two rations and it was really hard, but I had like 15 chaff. Only having one chaff will be difficult.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

GameCube posted:

i play this game about twice a month now and every time i do i am confounded by the flood of FOB poo poo. i still have absolutely no idea what is going on with that and i honestly do not want to. it looks like a freaking pain in the rear end to maintain. no thank you.

I wish there was a way to disable it entirely. The tutorials telling you about it take loving forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

cuck

• Locked thread