Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jubs posted:

Goldberg was in the game two years ago. I don't understand why Meltzer was saying this is a huge accomplishment by 2K.

I think it's because it'll be more than just Goldberg's appearance being in the game. He already shot a commercial, he'll have to do some interviews and promo appearances, and in the past this has led to dudes like Warrior and Sting appearing in WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope the Terminators/all the DLC/Unlockables from 2K16 are in 2k17 for free like they were last time.

If not, I'm sure people will port them over to the new game like they're doing with 2k15 characters who didn't make it into 2k16. That probably only helps if you're on PC, though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The Steam versions have all included every DLC, with the exception of Paige in 2k15 for some reason. But all the pre-order bonus characters are there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I sent Kurt Angle to rehab in my 2004 WWE scenario, and he improved his behaviour and became my best friend :unsmith:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

I sent Kurt Angle to rehab in my 2004 WWE scenario, and he improved his behaviour and became my best friend :unsmith:

Just make sure you draft him #1 in the Brand Split or he'll be very upset with you for betraying his friendship like Vince did.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

You saved him from a life in TNA :unsmith:

edit: First WWE hall of fame class in my game is the Steiner Brothers as a team AND Scott Steiner as a single. No one else.

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 2, 2016

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

You saved him from a life in TNA :unsmith:

edit: First WWE hall of fame class in my game is the Steiner Brothers as a team AND Scott Steiner as a single. No one else.

Not good enough. We also need hall of fame entries for the Big Bad Booty Daddy, Big Poppa Pump, and Freakzilla.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I wonder if this is a known glitch in the game... when I started my scenario it had Harlem Heat and Stevie Ray in as a single. It did have some other people in there too though.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if this is a known glitch in the game... when I started my scenario it had Harlem Heat and Stevie Ray in as a single. It did have some other people in there too though.

Scott Steiner I can see not being a glitch...but uh...Stevie Ray? Yeah...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Scott Steiner I can see not being a glitch...but uh...Stevie Ray? Yeah...

Stevie Ray was the leader of the most dominant faction in WCW history, the nWo. :colbert:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What TEW 2013 mods convert the best to 2016? I'm liking the new stuff, but I wanna play with something other than Cornellverse.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

What TEW 2013 mods convert the best to 2016? I'm liking the new stuff, but I wanna play with something other than Cornellverse.

There is already a real world mod for 2016

http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/97189-tew16-real-world-update-june-2016/ seems less complete than http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534248

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 3, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I was thinking more like historical mods.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I was thinking more like historical mods.

Not sure about ones that transfer over well but before the game was released using the trial I was able to run rising storm (1991) and ruthless aggression (2004) fairly well with a minimum of issues.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I've been playing this 2004 one and it seems okay so far: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528550

The dude put a lot of work into it to begin with, so it's a well done mod overall.

Some of the personality stuff can get a little out of control if you're going to play as WWE. HHH and Bischoff have so many people who they hate that it causes huge drama on Raw. I'm going to move HHH over to Smackdown to hopefully cool things off a bit.

He and Stephanie divorced, so I'm giving myself carte blanche to do book him however I please :getin:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"The War Begins" May 96 converted with only a few problems.
As the WWF, you will inevitably fall to cult. You probably don't enough aggregate popularity to meet the new prerequisite heat requirements for national-level storylines. This will cause your shows to suffer and piss off your broadcasters. You're going to lose the National Battle with WCW and there is nothing you can do about it. (at least in the first month. After that it depends on when the contracts of WCW's big names expire since they're all set to 'random' - even Hall and Nash. And if WCW falls to cult, which they did in my game the National battle might not even be an issue after month 1). It might be possible to prevent this if you go into the database before you start the game and remove Bret (and maybe Sid, though he probably won't make much of a difference). from the 'taking some time off' list. (I'm not actually sure how to do it but I'm sure there's a way).

That having been said. I'm in November and I'm at a point where I think I could comfortably move back up to National once the 'shock' period ends. Even with having to send Shawn to rehab for the remainder of his contract and half the locker room having heat with Bret because of Shawn. Even despite Sid and Warrior and Piper being gone. And Since WCW also fell to Cult and is unlikely to move back up to National with the AI booking it I don't have to worry about the National Battle being an issue from here on out.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

I guess the TMNT movie did really well in this reality

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Proud of the fella :unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Sheamus owns :fella:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It seems like the 'companies actually try to hire people now' thing is pretty legit. I had Roderick Strong as my first champion, and WWE hired him. But it was fine, because Adam Cole became one of the most over people in the world as my champion, until WWE hired him. Fortunately, in a burst of realism, my E+ popularity federation responded by hiring THE ROCK to go over Cole before he left...and he immediately announced that he's leaving to film a movie.

Next up is either Moose, Cheeseburger, or the former Damien Sandow. I think my run of incredibly easy automatic B or above main events may be coming to an end here.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It seems like the 'companies actually try to hire people now' thing is pretty legit. I had Roderick Strong as my first champion, and WWE hired him. But it was fine, because Adam Cole became one of the most over people in the world as my champion, until WWE hired him. Fortunately, in a burst of realism, my E+ popularity federation responded by hiring THE ROCK to go over Cole before he left...and he immediately announced that he's leaving to film a movie.

Next up is either Moose, Cheeseburger, or the former Damien Sandow. I think my run of incredibly easy automatic B or above main events may be coming to an end here.

It's really one of the more pronounced changes.
I've gotten in several bidding wars with WCW over my main eventers. I actually lost Piper to WCW because I wasn't willing to give a 42 year old more than 2 years. In fact, while looking up the numbers I just realized that I did a lot of harm to my finances by accident.
I intended give Bret , Taker and Bulldog a 10% bonus per PPV, but I apparently messed up and am giving them 10% per both PPV and TV show. Which is going to sink me, on average, an extra 70K or so per month provided I use them on each 'A' show (note to self: do not use them on B Shows). And their contracts are long term. In a word, ouch.

On the plus side I stole Scott Steiner from WCW. And he's dating Elizabeth.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 4, 2016

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
A 2K16 question from someone is about to get a ps4, whats the load times like for created guys and created content in general? It's what puts me off having rosters full of CAWs.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ChrisBTY posted:

I've gotten in several bidding wars with WCW over my main eventers. I actually lost Piper to WCW because I wasn't willing to give a 42 year old more than 2 years. In fact, while looking up the numbers I just realized that I did a lot of harm to my finances by accident.
I intended give Bret , Taker and Bulldog a 10% bonus per PPV, but I apparently messed up and am giving them 10% per both PPV and TV show. Which is going to sink me, on average, an extra 70K or so per month provided I use them on each 'A' show (note to self: do not use them on B Shows). And their contracts are long term. In a word, ouch.

Yeah, I definitely like it. It was way too easy in past versions to just sign everyone you wanted and never have any risk of losing them, basically no matter what peanuts you paid them.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

ChrisBTY posted:

I intended give Bret , Taker and Bulldog a 10% bonus per PPV, but I apparently messed up and am giving them 10% per both PPV and TV show.

I've been wondering about this. I've been assuming "Show" means every show, TV or PPV, and that "Event" specifically means PPV. Is that right?

MisterGBH posted:

A 2K16 question from someone is about to get a ps4, whats the load times like for created guys and created content in general? It's what puts me off having rosters full of CAWs.

Load times for CAW stuff is definitely longer than non-created content, but I don't think load times are too bad. Especially if you can remember what load times were like a few years ago.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Load times are a bit longer, but it gets it all done upfront so there's no loads between entrances.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The little backstage stuff is pretty fun. I brought in Kurt Angle on a short term deal just to do some jobs basically, and I get a note in my mailbox every week of him burying someone else on the roster. Apparently I should pretty much fire everyone but him.

lol

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 5, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Perry Normal posted:

I've been wondering about this. I've been assuming "Show" means every show, TV or PPV, and that "Event" specifically means PPV. Is that right?
Events are any scheduled… events that are not televised. PPVs are just the highest form of them - it runs the gamut from elementary school gymnasium shows to the TEW equivalent of Madison Square Garden house shows

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The little backstage stuff is pretty fun. I brought in Kurt Angle on a short term deal just to do some jobs basically, and I get a note in my mailbox every week of him burying someone else on the roster. Apparently I should pretty much fire everyone but him.

lol

To be fair, pretty much any quote attributed to somebody named 'Cheeseburger' is inherently hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does Ryland usually put the "current" versions of games on sale and if yes how long does he usually wait?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would not expect a sale for over a year

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Why will he not put the drat game on steam like every other person in the universe. This e-license thing he does is complete bullshit that has no benefit for his customers that I can see whatsoever.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It doesn't but it has a lot of benefits for a developer with an incredibly niche customer base (and practically no competition at all). Grey Dog runs a DRM model after business specialty software, which naturally assumes that someone with a license is going to try and share the software on a computer group. But when you make statistical modeling programs (including wrestling sims), netting just one customer when you could have netted four is a pretty significant loss in margins.

Passing around a steam account so that multiple people can play a game through it is impractical and probably more of a hassle than it's worth. But again, Grey Dog has no competition, and its fans are all spergs, and those factors make piracy more likely. Or price gouging more viable as a business tactic, whichever you prefer.

It may also be the case that Steam takes too much of a cut for Ryland's taste , or the heavy DRM he has now protects his game files in some special way, because a literal spreadsheet game could be reverse engineered in no time flat if it got cracked open.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's probably easiest to think of TEW2010 on Steam as more of a paid teaser for 2013 and 2016 than anything else.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I finally went through the process of putting tew 2005 on my mac through wineskin. I'm enjoying it but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to do it for the latest version.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ChrisBTY posted:

In my 2004 scenario, I got in a bidding war with TNA over Scott Steiner and they won.

I signed away their champion Jerry Lynn out of spite, he was consistently the highlight of their shows too.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

In my 2004 scenario, I got in a bidding war with TNA over Scott Steiner and they won.

I signed away their champion Jerry Lynn out of spite, he was consistently the highlight of their shows too.

In my game TNA tried to sign The Miz from WWE but lost the bidding war. I did manage to outbid WWE for Neville and William Regal so the game might still have some issues with wrestlers valuing short term money over working for WWE rather than a regional sized indy

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Man, I'm liking how this Effganic 1920 mod turns out after a few years but the process of getting there is hell of tedious and I really wish the game auto-generated road agents.

e: holy gently caress, I just found out that Yuke's had a 50%+ stake in NJPW For a good while. How did we never get any NJPW guys in the WWE games?

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 8, 2016

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Man, I'm liking how this Effganic 1920 mod turns out after a few years but the process of getting there is hell of tedious and I really wish the game auto-generated road agents.

You're telling me. At least once you hit the 80's enough people have retired that they're willing to try it, even if they're not the best.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: holy gently caress, I just found out that Yuke's had a 50%+ stake in NJPW For a good while. How did we never get any NJPW guys in the WWE games?

It's worse than that, the only Japanese wrestling games they made in that period during their ownership were the two Wrestle Kingdom games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

"Do a hype video for the match we just did on this show. Because I'm Vince McMahon, drat it!"