Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://jii.moe/V1PRzNqWZ.mp4 Is this in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yikes the Bloodborne soundtrack is £25 on iTunes and £56 for the full 2 CD version on Amazon :psyduck:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

I miscounted, it's five. But beating Consumed King early also lets you get to Archdragon Peak without beating Yhorm or Aldrich, so that's Ancient Wyvern and Nameless King as well.

Sure, you get the gesture early, but you can't go to Archdragon Peak with progressing through the game. I thought we were counting bosses that are accessible right after an early Dancer kill.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you do technically get to archdragon peak early if you're just thinking that you're getting there the first time you go to the dungeon. in practice tho, you're not saving any time but the walk back to the statue since you have to do all of those areas to get there either way

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well you wouldn't have to fight Pontiff or Aldrich (or Yhorm, but you're already pretty much there).

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

If you get to ng+ you already have the emote so you can skip the dancer and oceiros and just go as soon as you get to the dungeons.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Velstadt's helmet is squiddy like Garl Vinland's, plus he uses a giant hammer as well.

Velstadt's ridiculous bell hammer is one of the coolest weapons in the series. Also its cool that if you wear his helmet when you fight Fume Knight he gets pissed off by the sight of it and goes straight into phase 2.

MarshyMcFly posted:

If you get to ng+ you already have the emote so you can skip the dancer and oceiros and just go as soon as you get to the dungeons.

Of course given how far Irthyll Dungeon is into the game world you really don't get access to Archdragon Peak any earlier than you're intended too.

RyokoTK posted:

Well you wouldn't have to fight Pontiff or Aldrich (or Yhorm, but you're already pretty much there).

Not fighting the Pontiff will screw up Sig's quest and get Greirat killed though.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 5, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The lame thing about velstadt's bell hammer is it doesn't ring when you use it

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Not fighting the Pontiff will screw up Sig's quest and get Greirat killed though.

You don't have to fight Pontiff for either Questline. He's completely irrelevant for Siegs line and Greirat only requires any boss kill while fulfilling his save conditions, doesn't have to be pontiff.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Digirat posted:

The lame thing about velstadt's bell hammer is it doesn't ring when you use it

Are you sure? It's been a while since I messed with it, but I could swear that it rang when you used the special affinity move.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I got my first rage whisper. A bit of a milquetoast one, but it counts! :woop:

quote:

Me: Sorry, didn't notice the invite until just now.
Guy: its okay
Guy: no life invading nignog
Me: I was the blue.
Guy: ohh haha then nvm
Me: Oh wait, who was this?
Guy: i think you were not the blue
Guy: blues have honor
Guy: reds do not
Me: I did invade someone right before my blue thing went off.
Guy: :)=
Me: Maybe I am your nignog, haha.
Guy: xD
Guy is now Offline.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
That's a cute one. I knew I had "made it" early in my invading career when I was invited to steam group Dark Souls Trash.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I wish there was a way to see how many groups like that there are on steam.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Stokes posted:

Edit: That Wolfbro got his grass, right? It's why I went after the host instead of him, but the collapse made me suspicious and I can't remember the win conditions for Wolfbros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AeRAm_8SnQ

yes they got the grass. all they care about is the host dying, nothing else.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Every single player has apparently never seen aural decoy before and freaks the gently caress out when you shoot it at them, no matter how many times you have already done so.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I've never gotten a rage message despite doing a fair amount of invading. What on earth do you guys do find/enrage these people so much?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsLkTsFcRAU

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Obligatum VII posted:

I've never gotten a rage message despite doing a fair amount of invading. What on earth do you guys do find/enrage these people so much?

For me, it was getting demolished in a 1v3. I never actually won an invasion today prior to getting that message. He was just plain not happy that I showed up.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

of course the tumblebuff glitch is back

Gj fromsoft

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_ktUIah74

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Last night I finally got my first blade of the darkmoon summon, after about 40 total hours of having the covenant item equipped. Then less than 5 minutes later I got another summon message!

The first invader black crystaled out after 3 minutes of not finding the host, and the second summon failed to connect at all :geno:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Obligatum VII posted:

A few days after release I invaded on High Wall Lothric and came across a dude and a white phantom who were both really low HP and obviously out of flasks so I just waved and crystaled out. The phantom friended me on Steam to thank me since he just wanted to show his friend the game. :unsmith:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Whatever they say they did to increase BlueBro summons seemed to have work. I went from getting 0 in about 50 hours of gameplay to getting about 1 per session.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

It's Time For Revenge.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Fereydun posted:

It's Time For Revenge.

It looks like you're swinging a giant slab of rock candy. Horribly deadly and possibly radioactive rock candy.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have a funny story to share: I accidentally started a fistfight in the fight club audience as Handsome Patches. I was careful to unequip my weapon beforehand in case i messed up, but I went to kick the host (I try my best, but it's hard to kick people off ledges. I wish the horsehoof ring gave the kick an amusing amount of knockback and made it cost a bit of FP or something) off the small Ithryll courtyard ledge above the fightclub arena and accidentally fist-backstabbed him instead. It was pretty funny with everyone punching each other. One of the other dudes managed to bare handed parry me and proceeded to deliver a fist riposte, which looked surprisingly brutal.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 6, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tallgeese is right, it's just Dark Souls 1 upscaled.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gologle posted:

Tallgeese is right, it's just Dark Souls 1 upscaled.

I swear the only thing they seem to have fixed is the text parser.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

I swear the only thing they seem to have fixed is the text parser.

And preventing that dastardly hair color modification.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Irithyll can eat my rear end.

That is all.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

But saving nine bytes of memory of memory in exchange for converting the hair values to floats every frame seemed like such a good solution at the time!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Obligatum VII posted:

And preventing that dastardly hair color modification.

Also cocking up my ability to cheat in a longer name.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bring back buffing all weapons

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

In truth, having near-white or blonde hair exposes how weird the shading on player hair is - it gains a positively metallic sheen.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 6, 2016

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I have been helping my brother out by co-oping the game. I've been with him for practically every game session. Recently, we were in a weird situation where he couldn't summon me and his Quit Game option was greyed out, so he hit Alt+F4. No mention of invaders or anything else either. Now, upon restarting, his Steam account was hit with the INVALID DATA message. His account has been penalized.

I know he's not a cheater because I have been with him for the entire game. Can we do anything?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
i saw my gf get TWO bluecop auto summons, and TWO farron watchdog invasions on PS4 today, what the hell is this magic?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I had my bluecop sign on all of yesterday and I got one bite. The host and his horde of white/gold phantoms had already beaten the guy to death when I loaded up

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Suspicious Dish posted:

I have been helping my brother out by co-oping the game. I've been with him for practically every game session. Recently, we were in a weird situation where he couldn't summon me and his Quit Game option was greyed out, so he hit Alt+F4. No mention of invaders or anything else either.

He may have gotten silently invaded. From removed certain fallback messages they had in DS1 this time for some mad reason.

Also, no, you cannot do anything for that account. He has to family share the game to another account unless From does a de-banning wave again.

(Fun fact: They actually unbanned one of my blatantly hacked testing accounts.)

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 6, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Obligatum VII posted:

One of the other dudes managed to bare handed parry me and proceeded to deliver a fist riposte, which looked surprisingly brutal.

the hornet ring backstab on a cestus is hilarious and i think makes them get hit so hard they flip.
Doesn't quite compare to demon souls's fist backstab for intensity however.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finally killed the Havel Knight with a combination of Hidden Body, Slumbering Dragon Ring and lots of backstabbing.

*gets backstabbed 12 times* "WHO THE gently caress KEEPS DOING THAT?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Is there a PvP covenant that doesn't require you to be embered to see the summons? I got one of those tonight.