Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

hemophilia posted:

The Rogue One teaser promised a really cool movie. I'm not going to comment on poo poo I know nothing about, I just hope they're doing re-shoots for good reasons and not to drastically change the tone of the movie or something.

Of the Star Wars Anthology movies, this is the one I've been really anticipating. I want this to be good so bad. Vader as a sci-fi Michael Myers would be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

McQuarrie is pissed off that people are not asking him for clairifications.

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/738536269928669184

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/738620059870887941

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/738624134884659200

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/738640309194792960

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/738647378937454592

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/738670835125358592

Here's his comment to Slashfilm in that link:

quote:

If there are any reshoots on Rogue One, I’m not supervising them. For any outlet to say so is not only wrong, it’s irresponsible. Gareth Edwards is a talented filmmaker who deserves the benefit of the doubt. Making a film – let alone a Star Wars chapter – is hard enough without the internet trying to deliberately downgrade one’s years of hard work. Who does that even serve? Let him make his movie in peace.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Maybe it will be like Superman 2 and its reshoots. Cue Vader getting all sorts of dumb new powers and there being a trite MacGuffin explanation for any we never see any of these characters ever again that is something other than all of them dying.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Gonz posted:

They're just editing in some BOIOIOIOIOING sound effects for when Vader decapitates about 8 dozen people.
Don't forget the slide whistle sound effects when he turns his lightsabre on and off.

The MSJ posted:

McQuarrie is pissed off that people are not asking him for clairifications.
Guy's fighting a bit of an uphill battle there, isn't he? Still, good on him.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Gonz posted:

They're just editing in some BOIOIOIOIOING sound effects for when Vader decapitates about 8 dozen people.

MMAgCh posted:

Don't forget the slide whistle sound effects when he turns his lightsabre on and off.

"Rouge One will be reshot as an homage to Benny Hill, modeled on his beloved Rogue Nudist sketch."

*Cue jaw harp*

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

MeinPanzer posted:

I would agree, only Jason Ward has been right about a lot of stuff, including seemingly bullshit details, during TFA's shooting. He's not just some random poster on Reddit.

After everything which has come out in the last 24 hours, it seems like most of the Makingstarwars report has been proven wrong, from the people he said were involved not actually being involved to the extent of the reshoots being done not actually being as extensive as what he claimed.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Teek posted:

After everything which has come out in the last 24 hours, it seems like most of the Makingstarwars report has been proven wrong, from the people he said were involved not actually being involved to the extent of the reshoots being done not actually being as extensive as what he claimed.

With this report from EW's Anthony Breznican (who is more or less Lucasfilm's unofficial liason to the press at this point) definitively closing the book on the "film is in serious trouble" narrative.

EW article posted:

Those reshoots were originally planned for the spring, but were bumped to mid-summer to allow for extra time as director Gareth Edwards and the creative team decided what they wanted to alter. “The changes have everything to do with clarity and character development and all take place [as inserts] within scenes we’ve already shot,” said one source on the project.

In other words, the changes involve more intimate moments – not redoing entire battle sequences or plot lines. “It’s a lot of talking in cockpits,” as one insider described the new footage.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

I sincerely hope that this is the case and that there's not much to the rumours. I'd really like this to be a good movie.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

MeinPanzer posted:

I sincerely hope that this is the case and that there's not much to the rumours. I'd really like this to be a good movie.

Don't worry. It will be a completely uninspired formulaic movie that has just enough generic appeal to make it viewer friendly but ultimately forgettable.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Maybe it will be like Superman 2 and its reshoots. Cue Vader getting all sorts of dumb new powers and there being a trite MacGuffin explanation for any we never see any of these characters ever again that is something other than all of them dying.

In this version Vader suddenly has the ability to fly, freeze people with his breath and shoot heat rays from his mask. At the end he harmlessly captures all the Rebels with a cellophane saber and they're taken away by the Imperial Police to shuttles with flashing blue lights on top. It's like poetry.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fuzz posted:

Vader captures the entire Rogue 1 squad in a giant cellophane version of his mask before shoving them off a steep cliff, after which he uses the force to turn back time by rotating back the planet on which the plans are stolen.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Something rather different, untethered to previous plotlines, is in fact emerging:

In the post-Clone War Coruscant Underworld, disgraced and impoverished Sith Darth Vader is desperate for work to support his wife Padme, his son Luke and his daughter Leia. Despite his record of arrogance, immaturity and costly failures, he is offered a position as a low level Imperial Intelligence functionary tasked with helping the team, code named Rogue One, assigned to recovering Death Star plans, but he tells Padme that he cannot accept because the job requires that have a speeder for commuting and transport.

Undeterred and terrified for her struggling family, Padme resolutely strips their marital bed of her dowry bedsheets—​​prized possessions for a poor family—​​and takes them to the local pawn shop, where they bring enough to redeem a speeder previously pawned by Vader to raise money to feed the family. (The camera pans to show the sheets being added to a mountain of bedding pawned by other poor families.) They take the speeder—​​Padme driving—​ ​rejoicing in their good fortune.

On his first day of work Vader, looking down from the window of his cube warren within the Imperial Defense Administration building, sees a young Zabrak stealing his speeder. Vader gives chase but is thrown off the trail by the thief's confederates. The Coruscant police take a report but warn that there is little they can do. Advised that stolen goods often surface at the market, Vader goes there with several friends and his small son Luke. Finding a speeder that might be Vader's, they summon a Coruscant police officer, but the serial numbers do not match.

On their way home, they near the BlasTech Gikosphere. Inside a game of limmie is underway, while outside, rows of speeders await their owners. Vader sees a speeder unattended near a doorway. He paces distractedly, then sits with Luke on the curb, his mask in his hands. He looks as a stream of speeders rush past—​​the world seems full of other people's speeders. He resumes pacing, anguished and agitated, then gives Luke some money, telling him to take the tram and wait for Vader at their small apartment.

Vader circles the unattended speeder, summons his courage, and jumps on it. The hue and cry is instantly raised, and Luke, who has missed the tram, is stunned to see his father surrounded, pulled from the speeder, slapped and insulted—​​his dark mask knocked off. As Vader is being muscled toward the police station, the speeder's owner notices Luke, who is carrying Vader's mask; in a moment of compassion he tells the others to release Vader.

Vader and Luke walk off slowly amid a buffeting crowd. Luke hands his father the mask, crying as Vader stares dazedly ahead, unreacting even as a supply transport brushes his shoulder. They look briefly at each other. Vader fights back tears; Luke takes his hand. The camera watches from behind as they disappear into the crowd.

~End~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Annual Prophet posted:

Something rather different, untethered to previous plotlines, is in fact emerging:

In the post-Clone War Coruscant Underworld, disgraced and impoverished Sith Darth Vader is desperate for work to support his wife Padme, his son Luke and his daughter Leia. Despite his record of arrogance, immaturity and costly failures, he is offered a position as a low level Imperial Intelligence functionary tasked with helping the team, code named Rogue One, assigned to recovering Death Star plans, but he tells Padme that he cannot accept because the job requires that have a speeder for commuting and transport.

Undeterred and terrified for her struggling family, Padme resolutely strips their marital bed of her dowry bedsheets—​​prized possessions for a poor family—​​and takes them to the local pawn shop, where they bring enough to redeem a speeder previously pawned by Vader to raise money to feed the family. (The camera pans to show the sheets being added to a mountain of bedding pawned by other poor families.) They take the speeder—​​Padme driving—​ ​rejoicing in their good fortune.

On his first day of work Vader, looking down from the window of his cube warren within the Imperial Defense Administration building, sees a young Zabrak stealing his speeder. Vader gives chase but is thrown off the trail by the thief's confederates. The Coruscant police take a report but warn that there is little they can do. Advised that stolen goods often surface at the market, Vader goes there with several friends and his small son Luke. Finding a speeder that might be Vader's, they summon a Coruscant police officer, but the serial numbers do not match.

On their way home, they near the BlasTech Gikosphere. Inside a game of limmie is underway, while outside, rows of speeders await their owners. Vader sees a speeder unattended near a doorway. He paces distractedly, then sits with Luke on the curb, his mask in his hands. He looks as a stream of speeders rush past—​​the world seems full of other people's speeders. He resumes pacing, anguished and agitated, then gives Luke some money, telling him to take the tram and wait for Vader at their small apartment.

Vader circles the unattended speeder, summons his courage, and jumps on it. The hue and cry is instantly raised, and Luke, who has missed the tram, is stunned to see his father surrounded, pulled from the speeder, slapped and insulted—​​his dark mask knocked off. As Vader is being muscled toward the police station, the speeder's owner notices Luke, who is carrying Vader's mask; in a moment of compassion he tells the others to release Vader.

Vader and Luke walk off slowly amid a buffeting crowd. Luke hands his father the mask, crying as Vader stares dazedly ahead, unreacting even as a supply transport brushes his shoulder. They look briefly at each other. Vader fights back tears; Luke takes his hand. The camera watches from behind as they disappear into the crowd.

~End~

gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
LEGO is out for my wallet. Just weeks after I finally found a Poe Dameron's X-Wing they release a badass "Resistance X-Wing" in cooler colors that I can't really justify getting because it's more or less a pallet swap. The same day they come out with two $100+ walker sets and like five $30-$50 sets including a loving TIE Advanced/A-Wing combo pack. Goddamn it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Are people even trying anymore with these goofy assed Episode VIII leaks? A Matrix redux? C'mon, now. No.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new-star-wars-episode-viii-rumor-reveals-details-reys-jedi-history/

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Gonz posted:

Are people even trying anymore with these goofy assed Episode VIII leaks? A Matrix redux? C'mon, now. No.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new-star-wars-episode-viii-rumor-reveals-details-reys-jedi-history/

i know a lot of this is just fan bullshit, but i always get scared that it might be true

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Haha this reminds me of some reddit leak that tried to say that Rey tells Luke that she's his father.

Which just weeks later I see some idiot on my Facebook feed telling some other idiot that this was a major leak and was totally legit. He was actually convinced that they would reveal it in a scene where Luke tells Rey, "I'm not your father" and she looks at him and says, "No Luke, I AM YOUR FATHER".

I thought he was trolling but upon further discussion with him he completely and fully believed it.

Star Wars fans, ladies and gentlegoons.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sometimes you also get that guy who posts some "incredible plot detail" about a movie and it turns out to be the same plot leak people stopped believing a month ago.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Looke posted:

i know a lot of this is just fan bullshit, but i always get scared that it might be true

I don't think you need to worry about this being true. There's not a single part of that I even remotely believe. Even fuckin' Supershadow was better than that.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What makes you guys tgink that EP 8 is even going to be leaked in any way

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Phi230 posted:

What makes you guys tgink that EP 8 is even going to be leaked in any way

Because a decent enough amount of EP7 was? I mean, yeah, it was months of stupid poo poo like you see above, but come six months out from launch we had some pretty reliable stuff that turned out accurate. We didn't know everything, but we knew poo poo like Han Solo dying from ages out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

with how many people it takes to produce something as big as a star wars movie, a few of them are usually dumb enough to leak things

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Aaronicon posted:

Because a decent enough amount of EP7 was? I mean, yeah, it was months of stupid poo poo like you see above, but come six months out from launch we had some pretty reliable stuff that turned out accurate. We didn't know everything, but we knew poo poo like Han Solo dying from ages out.

True, IIRC even Harry Knowles obtained a rough cut of the film very very early and did a full review and stuff.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Neo Rasa posted:

True, IIRC even Harry Knowles obtained a rough cut of the film very very early and did a full review and stuff.

Yeah, that didn't happen at all.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

It came out a little while back that the rumour about the opening shot of VII featuring Luke's severed hand and first lightsaber hurtling through space was true and it was only abandoned because it leaked out. We'll probably get plenty more set photos and other little details, stuff like the title or the major story beats definitely won't leak.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Trump posted:

Yeah, that didn't happen at all.

Somehow I thought that was in reference to AotC.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Kelp Plankton posted:

with how many people it takes to produce something as big as a star wars movie, a few of them are usually dumb enough to leak things

you're a fool if you don't believe the studio leaks some things on purpose.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

sinking belle posted:

It came out a little while back that the rumour about the opening shot of VII featuring Luke's severed hand and first lightsaber hurtling through space was true and it was only abandoned because it leaked out. We'll probably get plenty more set photos and other little details, stuff like the title or the major story beats definitely won't leak.

Everyone can say this about every dumb leak, though. "Well, it was true until it was leaked, then they took it out!!!! Its absence is proof it was true!"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

homullus posted:

Everyone can say this about every dumb leak, though. "Well, it was true until it was leaked, then they took it out!!!! Its absence is proof it was true!"

Well if there's a deleted scene, that sort of eliminates any doubt...

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

homullus posted:

Yeah, there is no evidence it was taken out because of the leak. It was tied into the Maz storyline, which as we know got cut to pieces. It was probably an early victim of that change.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Is there any evidence it ever existed at all?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Trump posted:

Yeah, there is no evidence it was taken out because of the leak. It was tied into the Maz storyline, which as we know got cut to pieces. It was probably an early victim of that change.

How was the Maz storyline changed?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cargohills posted:

Making Star Wars posted like 95 percent of the story elements about a year or more before TFA was released, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

egon_beeblebrox posted:

How was the Maz storyline changed?

I don't remember all the details, but she was a straight up force user but not a jedi. She also originally went with Han & co to the Rebel base. Remember in the first trailer when she handed Luke's saber to Leia?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I imagine whoever leaks VIII will get sued so hard they never actually existed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Calaveron posted:

I imagine whoever leaks VIII will get sued so hard they never actually existed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't remember all the details, but she was a straight up force user but not a jedi. She also originally went with Han & co to the Rebel base. Remember in the first trailer when she handed Luke's saber to Leia?

God, I had forgotten about that. Man, I really enjoyed TFA but it does feel like a movie that they were editing until about two days before it went to theaters.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

This time we've built THREE Death Stars! They can't infiltrate three trenches at once!

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

cargohills posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-alternate-opening/

Thank god they didn't go for this in the end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Electromax posted:

This time we've built THREE Death Stars! They can't infiltrate three trenches at once!

THATS WHY THERE ARE 3 MAIN CHARACTERS WHOAOOAOAOAOAAAHAHH

• Locked thread