Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Just go on eBay also 12k stuff is good what's wrong

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Am willing to spend more than $1.75 + CRV.

This is really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bauer's putting out new nexus protective, so the older stuff there will drop. I think CCM just did the same for the RBZ protective

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

sellouts posted:

Just go on eBay also 12k stuff is good what's wrong

Shin aren't bad. The elbow pads I have move too much for me now. Plus I think I want some more flex in them now, they don't move as much as I'd like.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

calandryll posted:

The elbow pads I have move too much for me now. Plus I think I want some more flex in them now, they don't move as much as I'd like.

:confused:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

They slide around on your arm and are too stiff?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Elbow pads are universally terrible. They are the worst piece of hockey equipment known to man.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

True. I wear junior elbows from 12 years ago lol

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Habibi posted:

Elbow pads are universally terrible. They are the worst piece of hockey equipment known to man.

God to know; I sure as poo poo hate mine.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My elbow pads are awesome, I buy rolls of compression tape and do several wraps. Feed in flattened soda cans for added protection.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Nostratic posted:

They slide around on your arm and are too stiff?

Yeah after a year and a half the elastic is poo poo. So any bump I'm having to put them back into place. I guess I'd like a bit more articulation to them, they were fine when I first started playing again but now they irritate me. For instance when I straighten my arm my elbow comes out of the cup.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I was out sick on Thursday and had a sub goalie from C league fill in for my D League team. They still lost 8-0.

I kind of feel better about my goaltending and worse about my defense now...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Beat the team with the pro ringers again somehow. Every goalie is playing like poo poo against us and we've won 5 in a row to get into the finals (averaging 7 goals a game during that streak).

Whoever comes out of the losers bracket will have to beat us twice which honestly I can easily see happening but when everyone shows up our team is actually pretty deep

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
First hockey time this year since my knee took that slapper in February. gently caress my life I forgot how much hockey kicks my rear end. 3 hours later and I still feel on the brink of vomiting. Good news is my knee never hurt in game, just after walking up the stairs to leave.

I also learned today that USA hockey is insurance, so I could have went to the doctor and sent them the bill.... rrrrrreally wish I acted like an adult sometimes and looked into that.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It's super high deductible insurance. You need to spend $3,500 before they pay.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Decided to be a team player and show up for a sunday game, despite not being able to get back until ridiculously late.

We lost 5-1. Had a clear as hell shot on the net (teammate passed across to me, goalie hadn't moved from the corner) and their defence just managed to get his stick down in time. Half a second later and I would have scored. Ugh.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Last skate of the season was great, wish they kept the ice year round, stupid state fair. Found out one of the goalies is moving to Portland, OR. Anyone know rinks up that way? He's fairly newish goalie, it's amazing how much he's improved in the few months he started.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
My scrappy band of misfits beat the other scrappy band of misfits in a stinky socks glorified pickup yesterday, so I've got that going for me.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Am willing to spend more than $1.75 + CRV.

This is the first time I have laughed at a HZ post. Thank you for this.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

drat, that $125 EZ Goal deal from Hockey Giant is out of stock. It's on hockeyshot.com for $150.... plus $50 shipping. Good lord.

Fishing net and Diet Pepsi cans it is.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe you could go the Crosby route and buy a busted dryer.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

calandryll posted:

Hockey is over for a few months for me while they do the state fair. I'm looking to replace my elbow and shin pads. Right now I'm using the 12k for both. Recommendations? When do the last year stuff go on sale?

HockeyGiant has a bunch of stuff on sale. I was in there yesterday and they have that camo Easton line marked down. It's all good gear, just covered in moto bullshit and digicam.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

drat, that $125 EZ Goal deal from Hockey Giant is out of stock. It's on hockeyshot.com for $150.... plus $50 shipping. Good lord.

Fishing net and Diet Pepsi cans it is.

http://www.amazon.com/EZGoal-Hockey...eywords=ez+goal

?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh drat, nice find. It was on Amazon yesterday for like $156.

I randomly tried one more time on HG, and my order went through and I got charged, so I think I lucked out. Before, it wouldn't even let me add it to my cart.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
What a perfect fathers day gift for me! Thanks!

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Coed team pulled off a come from behind 5-4 OT victory over the weekend. I started the comeback with 3:30 left in the third by picking up a loose puck in the right wing of the offensive zone near the goal line, skating a couple strides towards the goal, and snapping a shot off the goalie and into the only opening on that side of the net. Unassisted goal.

My team mashes together a second, greasy goal a bit over a minute later and the other team calls a time out which gives us a chance to stack our line. Ten seconds of play time later, the game is tied.

OT in this league is 3-on-3, running clock, change on the fly until the last minute (stop time change ok then). We set up three groups of players, and I get dropped in third on one of the forward lines. We changed like champs. Super fast and at the right times. The other team still had one of its original players on the ice when I hopped on with a minute and a half left.

Some quick back and forth and for some reason the puck gets left alone on the left wing in the offensive zone, so I skate over and pick it up. Turn towards the goal at a sharp angle, take a couple strides and let it out.

I never even saw the goal go in. I guess the goaltender let up her outside leg a bit and I slid it underneath, across the crease, and bounced it in off the post. An unassisted goal to end the game with one minute left.

And now my girlfriend is banned from coming to games because she's bad luck, apparently.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
Elbow pad chat: I have CCM Vectors from like 8 years ago or something and they are the best elbow pads I've ever had. They do not move and the straps are still good. I've not even re-adjusted the straps one time ever. I can slide them off and on as well so maybe not unstrapping them each time I take them off has something to do with the straps staying in good condition? But just to reiterate, I can slide them on and off without unstrapping them and yet they do not move when they are in position on my elbow and I've had them for longer than I can remember so if you can find a set I'd go for it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

My @ 4 year old Bauer Vapor 5's have been really good for fit and staying in place, and protection. Only problem I've had so far is one of the pads (elbow itself) fell out of my right pad last week. I fixed it with hot glue so it should be set for a while. Elastic has held up well.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I should have taken a picture of my teammate's shin pads last night. I think they were eastons of some variety that had the entirety of the knee cap/pad cracked all the way down the joint, epoxy'd together, than cracked again.

A: ain't gonna bitch about my elbow pads anymore
B: might be time for an upgrade, dude. :v:

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
While in a game a while back, I fell straight onto my knee in my old cracked shin guards due to a trip from behind. It felt like my knee cap landed straight onto concrete. I had a limp for a few days. It hurt so bad that I bought new shin guards that night.

On a separate note, my right leg is having some pretty terrible IT band issues. I've never done so many butt strengthening exercises and painful stretches but I'll do almost anything to get rid of this pain in my knee. Ive always been active so I didn't expect this kind of poo poo until my mid to late 40s.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Verman posted:

On a separate note, my right leg is having some pretty terrible IT band issues. I've never done so many butt strengthening exercises and painful stretches but I'll do almost anything to get rid of this pain in my knee. Ive always been active so I didn't expect this kind of poo poo until my mid to late 40s.

I went through this and more recently I've watched my husband go through it: I feel like a lot of those nagging soft tissue for no reason problems were worse in my 30s than they are now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would guess that's because in your 30's you're still used to being young and haven't figured out what being old is like. By the time you hit your 40's you're used to stuff just randomly going lovely for no reason and have developed ways to cope with it.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I also heard that you basically become decrepit after 35, so there's that.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
By 20 my right shoulder and right knee had both been operated on due to hockey injuries. At almost 30 I'm really starting to feel my past.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

xzzy posted:

I would guess that's because in your 30's you're still used to being young and haven't figured out what being old is like. By the time you hit your 40's you're used to stuff just randomly going lovely for no reason and have developed ways to cope with it.

Could be. There are also some specific processes in your 30s that suck, like the disks in your spine drying out, that are pretty much done doing their damage by your mid 40s. Not that you can't slip a disk when you're older, but apparently it's somewhat less likely.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is there anybody else that plays HNA, and is going to Toronto next weekend?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

xzzy posted:

Pretty much this.

I had a wicked trap strain a couple of months ago... From taking off a tshirt :aaa: It was irritating, but I made sure to tell my patients about it so they could laugh at me.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you don't have to be 40 to get a concussion after falling awkwardly right on your head after losing an edge

oww

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Had a kid in my game on Sunday who just couldn't hold onto his stick. I don't know if he was trying to draw a penalty or was using his first non grip-tac stick but it was ridiculous. Is stick would fly out of his hands and he'd just skate over to his bench yelling for his backup stick, even sometimes skating over his first stick to get there.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Weird, dude could at least scoop it up.

Funnily enough, as i've never scored (and therefore never been able to do it for a celly), i've found the best use of that drill where I skate and then go down on one knee while gliding is perfect for picking up loose sticks on the fly

E: Oh hey the team i've been playing with suggested I grab their Jersey and put my name on it. That's pretty cool

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

How do we feel about white helmets? Guy I play with has a Krown 360 that is too big for his normal head but appropriate for my big fat head. I'm worried it'll clash with all of my black gear and I won't look cooooooool.