Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Taric good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Taric good?

if the enemy has a lot of ad, taric is a free win

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Taric is rad. More than lane matchups I think he's an amazing pick for enabling a carry top, like a Shen who doesn't just watch his ADC get bullied by matchups he can't all-in on.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

it's okay they'll patch the skeleton out when the chinese government complains

lol

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
so uh i want to get into jungle wukong

what's a good way to do that, like runes/masteries/items

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Just give it to me omfg

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

me rooting methanar is my way of vicariously moving up the ladder since I can't get to gold

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
yea give that methanar a good rooting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Methanar posted:

Just give it to me omfg

Diamond 1 truly is elo hell

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I played a handful of Poro King games this weekend and my performance was atrocious (not just my play which was also awful). I would get constant "skips" where the game would just stutter and then catch me up to something that happened like 3 seconds later. My ping never went above 35-40ms so it wasn't packet loss. I haven't played ARAM in awhile, and I know murderbridge has the worst performance of any of the maps in the game, but I had never had any issues on it in the past. I've also never had huge sequences frame skip on me like what happened in those games. Anyone know what causes that? Is it just my computer is old poo poo that needs to be upgraded? (Seems most likely).

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Libertine posted:

I played a handful of Poro King games this weekend and my performance was atrocious (not just my play which was also awful). I would get constant "skips" where the game would just stutter and then catch me up to something that happened like 3 seconds later. My ping never went above 35-40ms so it wasn't packet loss. I haven't played ARAM in awhile, and I know murderbridge has the worst performance of any of the maps in the game, but I had never had any issues on it in the past. I've also never had huge sequences frame skip on me like what happened in those games. Anyone know what causes that? Is it just my computer is old poo poo that needs to be upgraded? (Seems most likely).

Packet loss is invisible to your latency.

Source: me.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Libertine posted:

You can have good ping and still have packet loss.

E: :argh:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Ah I assumed packet loss would be reported in a triple-digit spike in ping (which I've seen before intermittently), this was the first time I'd ever seen huge action skips with no detectable difference in ping.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Spot the pattern. (it's me not getting the opportunity to carry)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You're generating too much negative karma from playing Ahri to advance

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Libertine posted:

Ah I assumed packet loss would be reported in a triple-digit spike in ping (which I've seen before intermittently), this was the first time I'd ever seen huge action skips with no detectable difference in ping.

just go to your \League of Legends\Logs\Network Logs directory and upload one of them to Logs of Lag to check if you have packet loss

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I have insane packet loss, but only when spectating games

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

I have insane packet loss, but only when spectating games

who is your isp and are you behind some lovely CGNAT or squid or proxy (or in a third world internet country or censorship countrry)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Google fiber

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's the resource that shows your stats compared to other players within your league? I want to see how good my CS or warding or w/e is compared to other players in Plat/Diamond/etc

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

What's the resource that shows your stats compared to other players within your league? I want to see how good my CS or warding or w/e is compared to other players in Plat/Diamond/etc

I know what you're talking about but can't remember, however lolskill is fairly similar

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

what

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

for who?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I see that my mobafire guide for gnar is taking off

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's actually my support Ahri build

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kashuno posted:

for who?

Guessing teemo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kashuno posted:

for who?

teemo

it doesn't look that good. like a lot of attack speed but little damage.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Makes sense, mallet for kiting, hurricane for multi striking, shiv for lightning, gunblade for hybrid fighting, infinity edge for critical striking. That teemo build gives you everything you need.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

Makes sense, mallet for kiting, hurricane for multi striking, shiv for lightning, gunblade for hybrid fighting, infinity edge for critical striking. That teemo build gives you everything you need.
Except the therapy for being a borderline sociopath

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I got gifted Old Saint Zilean, so I started trying him out. He's actually a really fun champ.
I'm having a hard time with his early game though as both mid and support. Until you get a lot of CDR and skillups you can't really make a whole lot happen, and inadvertently pushing waves with your bomb can be a huge bummer as support.
Any advice?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

LegalPad posted:

I got gifted Old Saint Zilean, so I started trying him out. He's actually a really fun champ.
I'm having a hard time with his early game though as both mid and support. Until you get a lot of CDR and skillups you can't really make a whole lot happen, and inadvertently pushing waves with your bomb can be a huge bummer as support.
Any advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GPPAcPeXXY

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's a fun video and i legit think Zilean is busted right now as a mid at least.

fnox
May 19, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

That's a fun video and i legit think Zilean is busted right now as a mid at least.

He's loving insane and there really is nothing more satisfying than seeing some poor poor Zed literally flash into his turret after bursting him down to half health when he simply wanted to get a minion, only to have the kill show up 3 seconds later while I'm already recalling as the second bomb detonates.

He's a massive turd that can solo kill with a single combo without Ignite, that also farms super easily and can deny melee champions of CS, that is also nigh ungankable, that is also super easy to play.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

fnox posted:

He's loving insane and there really is nothing more satisfying than seeing some poor poor Zed literally flash into his turret after bursting him down to half health when he simply wanted to get a minion, only to have the kill show up 3 seconds later while I'm already recalling as the second bomb detonates.

He's a massive turd that can solo kill with a single combo without Ignite, that also farms super easily and can deny melee champions of CS, that is also nigh ungankable, that is also super easy to play.

What broke him, and what items are people running on him? Last I remember he was kind of turdy after his rework.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Probably the best league video I've seen.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Aerox posted:

What broke him, and what items are people running on him? Last I remember he was kind of turdy after his rework.

That's the beautiful thing, absolutely nothing changed about him. If all, the resurgence of immobile mages simply gave him easier matchups, but he's been flying under the radar for a while. Start RoA, then get 40% CDR, and make the most out of that spike. He sort of suffers against people with blinks because you have to predict their jumps for the combo to land.

Ultimately you exist to set up kills and save teammates, hence why 40% CDR is important, but Zilean holds his own very well in a solo lane.

fnox fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 6, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I miss old guinsoo's so much.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I'm actually kind of upset. 9 out of 10 players think I'm trash.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Holy poo poo Yasuo is so fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Ok let's try this again.

Tomorrow.

• Locked thread