Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Spoz posted:

This just in: People who will never raid don't understand anything about it.
Been there done that, never crossed my mind to have to scope people out when I was in charge of the whole mess. I knew cool people, they knew cool people, and we figured poo poo out together. Sometimes we failed hard. Never occurred to me hey Susan in healing isn't performing properly we need to hire a replacement and curb her rear end.

But I know some people can't help making this sorta thing into some pseudo job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

ilifinicus posted:

create a raider containment zone thread

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Velthice posted:

if you get hurt feelings'd by people making GBS threads on how you play video games by people also playing the video game then I don't know what to tell you. maybe don't go on the Internet or something. also lol at you because who cares

I play an anime videogame like a job and if you point this out I get really upset

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

if raiders in this game wanted to be taken seriously they would just play wildstar instead

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
"Why won't people take the way I play videogames seriously?"

- A thing people have said jfc

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dukka posted:

if raiders in this game wanted to be taken seriously they would just play wildstar instead

god bless wildstar. the only place where I can be paid the proper respect my raiding stature demands :911:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I'm having some keybind issues. I have Elusive Jump set to ` (on a UK keyboard this is above Tab and is where the tilde key would be on a US keyboard) and Limit Break to Alt-`. In the past couple of days, though, those two keybinds have been disappearing, or changing spontaneously to ' and Alt-' (that's apostrophe, on the complete other side of the keyboard). It seems to happen randomly, and even in the middle of a fight. You can imagine how hitting my backflip key and nothing happening is infuriating. Has anyone else come across this? I installed Windows 10 yesterday but that's the only change I can think of.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Velthice posted:

the thread actually gets good for once and you want to close it. smh

This is the thread they deserve

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ArtIsResistance posted:

"Why won't people take the way I play videogames seriously?"

- A thing people have said jfc
Why are you always so angry?

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Hey, how about not making GBS threads on people who play the game differently than you? That's pretty rude.

Agreed. First step: Discontinue the term welfare gear

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm sure plenty of raiders are perfectly fine, chill people, but lol at wanting better treatment when several people in this thread have argued that casual players don't deserve to see the coil storyline and that alex nm shouldn't exist

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm sure plenty of raiders are perfectly fine, chill people, but lol at wanting better treatment when several people in this thread have argued that casual players don't deserve to see the coil storyline and that alex nm shouldn't exist

#notallraiders

Also when they put tier pieces back into LFR for the wow legion beta people on the mmo champ forums got really angry because now they're "forced" to do lfr, and a shitload of the people actually doing the mythic (savage) raiding came out and said who loving cares, making the game more casual friendly is a good thing.

Basically just ignore fister roboto when he says poo poo like that, it's not really representative.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 5, 2016

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

What are you talking about, of course casual players deserve to see the awesome storyline of Binding Coil

On YouTube. :smug:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm having some keybind issues. I have Elusive Jump set to ` (on a UK keyboard this is above Tab and is where the tilde key would be on a US keyboard) and Limit Break to Alt-`. In the past couple of days, though, those two keybinds have been disappearing, or changing spontaneously to ' and Alt-' (that's apostrophe, on the complete other side of the keyboard). It seems to happen randomly, and even in the middle of a fight. You can imagine how hitting my backflip key and nothing happening is infuriating. Has anyone else come across this? I installed Windows 10 yesterday but that's the only change I can think of.

Have you checked your regional settings under Windows to make sure it has the correct keyboard layout selected?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

fount of knowledge posted:

What are you talking about, of course casual players deserve to see the awesome storyline of Binding Coil

On YouTube. :smug:

It's not bad really as I was going to visit YT anyways :gbsmith:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, and then a bunch of people popped in to say that raid interviews aren't like job interviews at all. Please pay attention.

Few are those who see that a thread has gained 60+ replies when they perused it last and actually go through and read all those replies rather than just hopping to the last one or the page before last.
Or they read posts without reading them. The eyes scan over the words, the meanings are compiled in the brain and then by the next post it's gone. Poof, to the aether.

Please respect other people's post reading habits. :colbert:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Have you checked your regional settings under Windows to make sure it has the correct keyboard layout selected?

It does, but apparently for some ungodly reason Windows 10 has a hotkey combination to change between US and UK keyboard layouts. The combo is Shift-Alt and since many of my keybinds use those keys, I might be switching between them by accident. I deactivated that combination and I'll see if that helps.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm gonna start a levequest raiding group. You MUST be available for weekly practice on Necrologos: His Treasure Forhelen (L), and you should be experienced up to the second set of goblins in Goblin Up Sharlayan (L). We will be doing all levequests at the highest possible level, so you should have an item level of at least i225.

this sounds like a lot of fun

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
YouTube cutscenes are weird, it feels so wrong to have someone else show up as the WoL

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Dr Snofeld posted:

That's actually still the ` key on a US keyboard, but we call it the tilde key (which is shift+`) because nobody knows what to call `.

Dr Snofeld posted:

It does, but apparently for some ungodly reason Windows 10 has a hotkey combination to change between US and UK keyboard layouts. The combo is Shift-Alt and since many of my keybinds use those keys, I might be switching between them by accident. I deactivated that combination and I'll see if that helps.

That's the hotkey combo to change between any active keyboard layouts and has been around since at least XP.

It's pretty weird if changing keyboard layouts is actually editing your keybinds, since the game is set up to handle language input switching in the first place. I initially wanted to say that maybe there's a wayward input sanitizer hitting your keybinds but then I use ` for autorun and it's never vanished on me so I dunno.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
So the new dungeon armor sets yeah? Something about it seemed familiar to me. Particularly the preview set on the left.

It's based on Conqueror's outift from The Last Remnant.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mallamp posted:

Agreed. First step: Discontinue the term welfare gear

Are you looking forward to getting some nice i220 Obama gear in 3.3?

Skaw posted:

So the new dungeon armor sets yeah? Something about it seemed familiar to me. Particularly the preview set on the left.

It's based on Conqueror's outift from The Last Remnant.

Finally a good reason for The Last Remnant existing.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Since I'm a bit new any other big armors that are references to other games? I remember people saying they added a lot of armor from Ogre Tactics

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Since I'm a bit new any other big armors that are references to other games? I remember people saying they added a lot of armor from Ogre Tactics

Yep, the Valerian sets were based on TO: Let Us Cling Together character art, and Valeria itself was a region in the game.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Klades posted:

That's actually still the ` key on a US keyboard, but we call it the tilde key (which is shift+`) because nobody knows what to call `.

Strictly speaking it's the grave accent and would be combined with other characters to create a grave accent over a letter. Why we have that on the US/UK keyboard but don't have a specific acute accent is kind of weird but historically the single quote ' would have doubled as an acute accent.

People familiar with programming might have heard of it called a backtick as well.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

^^^ It's the "Use this when writing SQL" button

Even if it's not designed as a reference, you can make it work

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FFXIV Cosplay is good.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

whodat

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Skrillex

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

efb so have this

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 6, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sentient Data posted:

YouTube cutscenes are weird, it feels so wrong to have someone else show up as the WoL

The idea of seeing someone else be the most special catgirl is frightening.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Finally a good reason for The Last Remnant existing.

i liked TLR :sigh:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

a kitten posted:

FFXIV Cosplay is good.

I've seen a few Links in-game, but this one is my favourite. :kimchi:

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Sentient Data posted:

^^^ It's the "Use this when writing SQL" button
mysql user spotted

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So for big patches like these, how often do the servers come back up sooner than scheduled? I'm not sure if i should pull an all-nighter or not to try to get a housing plot.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

They'll probably be up when scheduled since it coincides with a weekly reset happening and they're usually reluctant to put them up before those happen.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Alder posted:

i liked TLR :sigh:

It was really good on PC.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Freak Futanari posted:

So for big patches like these, how often do the servers come back up sooner than scheduled? I'm not sure if i should pull an all-nighter or not to try to get a housing plot.

It's unpredictable. The only time you know for sure it won't end early is when new tomestones unlock.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

a kitten posted:

FFXIV Cosplay is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I don't let the ice mages and 500 DPS EXDRs sour me on casuals so I don't understand why you're letting people being dumb ITT do so on raiders.

• Locked thread