Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

FourLeaf posted:

And then the Blackfish escapes. turns into a fish and escapes by swimming downriver with robb's wife holding onto him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

override367
Apr 29, 2013

FourLeaf posted:

Is that it for McShane? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

as much of a crime as kings being cancelled

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When Arya was walking down the street before getting stabbed a girl dressed in exactly the same outfit as Mercy walked right by her going the other way.

That's surprisingly clever for the show, but I think you nailed it.

Still, looking forward to a solid week of fans discussing the likelihood of death after multiple abdominal stab wounds, and soaking said wounds in nasty canal water in a pre-antibiotic society.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Well this was certainly an episode of Game of Thrones.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Next week I'm finally getting Mountain Voorhees....right?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Arya's plot has me confused, it's pretty obvious she doesn't just die but I don't see how she comes back from multiple gut stab wounds with a dunk in a dirty canal right after, plus I wouldn't put it past the waif to poison the blade, a la sand snakes, since the faceless men seem so fond of poisons. Magic? There's no red priest in bravos as far as I know.

For a moment I was hoping it was a dream/premonition when she was getting stabbed, but I guess not. Not sure how they're going to resolve it without being disappointing.

Overall it's a pretty solid episode and this season is definitely good.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hope Arya wasn't pregnant. :ohdear:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Bajaha posted:

Arya's plot has me confused, it's pretty obvious she doesn't just die but I don't see how she comes back from multiple gut stab wounds with a dunk in a dirty canal right after, plus I wouldn't put it past the waif to poison the blade, a la sand snakes, since the faceless men seem so fond of poisons. Magic? There's no red priest in bravos as far as I know.

For a moment I was hoping it was a dream/premonition when she was getting stabbed, but I guess not. Not sure how they're going to resolve it without being disappointing.

I bet you dollars to donuts she swapped faces with someone or did some other form of trickery, which makes no sense and is totally for the sake of a twist, but I bet you that we will see her in episode 9 as a "surprise".

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

FourLeaf posted:

And then the Blackfish escapes.

Isn't it either implied or stated outright that the Blackfish is with the Brotherhood after the surrender of Riverrun?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also I love how the preview for next episode proves that the writers have completely thrown away ALL of Jamie's character progression since season 1.

They're seriously going with "Jaime + Cersei = true love" :swoon:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bajaha posted:

At these point I just pretend Arya's plot belong to a generic high fantasy series from Starz. Therefore she will be revived by plot armor.

And Dany's plot belong to a MTV production.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I'm glad that Olenna didn't decide to pull a Ned Stark when someone she shouldn't trust came in and was like hey why don't you just hang out in kings landing for a while

Arya not falling over and dying like Barry the bold p much confirms that she makes it out, I guess this is where we find out how strong her plot armor is

I guess next week should climax everything not winterfell? High expectations

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So just gonna throw away Thoros of Myr's goodliness because nothing. Okay.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So I think Sansa may have offered to marry Littlefinger in exchange for his help. The Glovers really impressed upon her how Robb's failure to follow through on a strategic wedding hosed the entire North. And I don't see why Littlefinger would come back otherwise. The spoilers just say that Littlefinger saves the day at the Battle of the Bastards, but don't say why.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

zVxTeflon posted:

Was the hound chopping wood like 2 miles away? How did he not hear 50 people being slaughtered? Also was that supposed to be Thoros on the horse?

I thought it was Lem, cuz y'know yellow cloak, but I don't think he was ever introduced in the show.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If Arya were anyone else on this show that knife would be sticking out from the front of her face.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When Arya was walking down the street before getting stabbed a girl dressed in exactly the same outfit as Mercy walked right by her going the other way.

That's how all the oyster girls dress.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

PostNouveau posted:

So I think Sansa may have offered to marry Littlefinger in exchange for his help. The Glovers really impressed upon her how Robb's failure to follow through on a strategic wedding hosed the entire North. And I don't see why Littlefinger would come back otherwise. The spoilers just say that Littlefinger saves the day at the Battle of the Bastards, but don't say why.

If that were the case wouldn't she just write to Sweetrobin and marry him instead? Then she wont even need LF

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

420 Gank Mid posted:

If that were the case wouldn't she just write to Sweetrobin and marry him instead? Then she wont even need LF

That could be it too, although I think she'd know that Robin's not actually calling any of the shots in the Vale.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The important thing to take away from tonight's episode

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

420 Gank Mid posted:

Gross, man. They're cousins.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Super bummed about Ian McShane. When he first game on the screen grinning and dicking around with the builders, I thought, "poo poo yeah! Finally some emotional variation in this show."

The gamut of emotions in this show is about an inch wide, varying from:
- Serious and worried
- Serious and neutral
- Serious and smug

and occasionally someone will take a train over to 'horrified'.

Of course they're going to immediately kill off an interesting addition.

I forgot where I heard it, but somewhat said what I've come to completely agree with. "I think I like Game of Thrones... but I don't like any of the characters or anything that happens in it."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Sansa offered to marry Littlefinger, he'd be up there faster than goons can make posts complaining that he's about to teleport.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm really hoping next episode they reveal that Arya ninja swapped face with somebody else. It would be terribly retarded, but it would be much better than "she got better" after multiple stab wounds.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Captain Lavender posted:

Super bummed about Ian McShane. When he first game on the screen grinning and dicking around with the builders, I thought, "poo poo yeah! Finally some emotional variation in this show."

He was never on the show before right? I'm just remembering him from his other work? He was great for the little time he was on. Shame his character isn't sticking around.

E:

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm really hoping next episode they reveal that Arya ninja swapped face with somebody else. It would be terribly retarded, but it would be much better than "she got better" after multiple stab wounds.

I'm not sure they can go that way, the faces come from the dead and it looks like they have to be cut off before use. Plus we got the scene where she walks out of the canal, some other chump would have just drown. Sloppy work by the waif if she just assumes her target is dead.

Was it just me, or was the crowd she was limping through filled with repeated faces?

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 6, 2016

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

lezard_valeth posted:

I feel like that will be the resolution and the waif will find the fake arya in a corner somewhere and be about to kill her before real arya kills the waif. Still stupid cuz how did random nobody know to do a crazy rear end flip like that into the water?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lezard_valeth posted:

shes gonna die and warg into nymeria

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

lezard_valeth posted:

My guess is there has to be some trickery at work here--to show how Arya's got those faceless man skills or whatever now.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
This episode was great, really had a Season 1 or 2 vibe. They are killing it this season! Hope they keep it up. Lady Mormont was great and I'm happy to see she's joined the army. Olenna shittalking Cersei was incredible and I was wondering the whole time if Gregor was just gonna smash her to pieces. Oh yeah, and Return Of The Hound.

Maybe Arya's set a trap for the Waif by using a squib under her shirt and leaving a trail of blood.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

FourLeaf posted:

Is that it for McShane? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

These two white cocksuckers? Who the gently caress did it wu?
COCKSUCKA!! :smith:

only lasted one episode r.i.p. that was lame.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bajaha posted:

Was it just me, or was the crowd she was limping through filled with repeated faces?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYoBvtEPWY

No repeated faces that I can tell off. They just look similar.

If it turns out that the scene was played at face value and that Arya was just loitering about with the Dark Brotherhood on her case, my complain is not that she survived multiple stab wounds or infection from poo river, but that the FRIGGING DARK BROTHERHOOD didn't use a poisoned blade, or hell even a ninja super poison dart like J'aqen did in season 2, and just took their victim for death without making certain about it.

Plus the Waif deciding to stab her with a normal knife, after J'aqen told her not to let her suffer, is further display of the Waif having her own grudge and motives and not being "no one" at all.

Seriously I personally loved Arya's story in the books, being what kept me going during A Feast For Crows, but show Arya is complete poo poo, and I think we are part to blame for enjoying her interactions with Tywin in season 2 too much.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

My guess is there has to be some trickery at work here--to show how Arya's got those faceless man skills or whatever now.

The big reveal is she had a whole bunch of tomato sauce packets strapped around her waist.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Its funny how people here criticise the writers but then think that Arya swapped her face with someone is the most logical answer to what just happened.

And then...

you guys also come up with the genius that Sansa offered to marry LF. Wtf? She probably just asked for his help. He made it pretty clear an episode ago that he would do anything to set right his Bolton mistake. Shes also already married to Tyrion and Ramsay but I guess she can just go around marrying anyone who isnt already married.

you guys, sometimes.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

TommyGun85 posted:

Its funny how people here criticise the writers but then think that Arya swapped her face with someone is the most logical answer to what just happened.

And then...

you guys also come up with the genius that Sansa offered to marry LF. Wtf? She probably just asked for his help. He made it pretty clear an episode ago that he would do anything to set right his Bolton mistake. Shes also already married to Tyrion and Ramsay but I guess she can just go around marrying anyone who isnt already married.

you guys, sometimes.

Arya putting her face on someone is definitely plausible. Come to think of it, the person she probably put the face on was the girl that paid the faceless men to kill the older actress in the play. That way Arya gets to kill two evil ppl with one stone. Boom - remember this post when it happens.

InFlames235 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 6, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
How does Arya get a mask without access to the Hall of Faces?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Actually Arya was the Waif and the Waif was Arya. Arya got the drop on her and stabbed her up.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lycus posted:

How does Arya get a mask without access to the Hall of Faces?

Used her library card.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

InFlames235 posted:

Arya putting her face on someone is definitely plausible. Come to think of it, the person she probably put the face on was the girl that paid the faceless men to kill the older actress in the play. That way Arya gets to kill two evil ppl with one stone. Boom - remember this post when it happens.

how exactly would she remove her own face and convince another girl with the exact same stature as her to wear it knowing she'll probably be assassinated. Also, since when can FM wear the faces of living people. Its all pretty retarded and its funny that this is what people thimk will happen.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

You see Jaqen actually gave Arya the test to kill waif and this fake abandoning thing is just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

All Mormonts are badass. It is known.

• Locked thread