Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Didn't make sense
To expect any fun
The posts get tart
Then the thread gets dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

They have the ED structured so it leads to the docks- I imagine we'll get a new one or an extension of the current, but I love the current song. :(

they basically have to change SOMETHING or else it's going to look super outdated

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

they basically have to change SOMETHING or else it's going to look super outdated

They could just change the song like this proof of concept for ED 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwxUEFFbFtI

you'll never be free from the all-star ghost

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

They have the ED structured so it leads to the docks- I imagine we'll get a new one or an extension of the current, but I love the current song. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept savage garden and just did a different animation like they did between phantom blood and battle tendency

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept savage garden and just did a different animation like they did between phantom blood and battle tendency

Yeah. What I'd love is what I kinda mentioned- the ED just moves around a bit more to show locations from the next chunk of episodes?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I would love them to keep changing the routes so we can have the credits go through the haunted alley and it ends on a wrong turn

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

showing different segments of the town that are related to the fights while savage garden still plays is 100% what i'm banking on

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

When in Part 4 do we find out the pompadour rage origin story? I have a friend that thinks the gag is flat, and I know he'll retroactively like it when he finds out why.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Near the end of the Rohan fight. So like, episode 15?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

which also marks the final(?) time it's even a thing, if i remember right

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Near the end of the Rohan fight. So like, episode 15?

Huh, thought it might be Shizuka, like he saw a parallel between Joseph and that stranger. Either way, I do think Rohan is the last time it gets used.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hoobajoo posted:

Huh, thought it might be Shizuka, like he saw a parallel between Joseph and that stranger. Either way, I do think Rohan is the last time it gets used.
Yeah, Rohan triggers Josuke's temper and Koichi and Okuyasu discuss the reason behind that because apparently Josuke told it to them off screen. It sticks in my head because that's where the Duwangism "He was too mad to even know what drawings are" came from and I love that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So jojolion, the weird symbol that popped up for a while, did any of that go anywhere? Only thing I can imagine is it's somehow related to Yagiyama since he claimed to be Josuke's former self's killer and he also built a lot of the Higashikata estate so I wouldn't be surprised if the symbol was a sort of signature of his handiwork or something. Then again, Jojolion has a fuckton of mysteries in it that just kinda disappear without ever being answered and don't seem likely to ever be answered so who knows.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I don't think it did go anywhere, because I've sort of filed it away as "this would be neat if it's explained but it probably won't be and that's ok."

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 5, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That seems like a good summary of most of Jojolion so far.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just don't like it because I feel like jojolion is the first time araki has really done a large mystery thing and mysteries aren't any fun when key components of them just up and disappear or don't make sense or are contradicted by other parts of the mystery or are never developed on, imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a book sellers mark, not something Yagiyama put there. Yasuho remembers seeing it as a child too. You can't see the part of Kira's arm where it should be at any point in the flash back to see if it was forgotten or not. Norisuke had Kira's clothes and has info about him on his computer. There's a pretty good chance that will be elaborated on.

Also, it's on the complete record of the Steel Ball Run race, which I think Norisuke from SBR wrote? We've seen 2 Higashikata symbols so far. I think it's probably some kind of Higashikata symbol/password/cipher or whatever.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 5, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FirstAidKite posted:

I just don't like it because I feel like jojolion is the first time araki has really done a large mystery thing and mysteries aren't any fun when key components of them just up and disappear or don't make sense or are contradicted by other parts of the mystery or are never developed on, imo

to be fair SBR had the lowest amount of "Araki Forgot" out of all the parts, and most of the stuff that fits into that category was stuff brought up VERY early on (like Sandman being implied to have a sand based stand)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btQwuO1IEfo

The Tsurugi/Josuke UJ commercial for this month.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm okay with Tsurugi now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btQwuO1IEfo

The Tsurugi/Josuke UJ commercial for this month.

so now i can get a t-shirt with precious baby koichi on it?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You know, I have to wonder: if Hayato had gone up to Kira and been like "Your name is Kira Yoshikage", would Bites the Dust have killed him?

Because that would be hilarious.

I doubt it would have worked since he already knew who he was, but it would've be a pretty great chuckle if that was how the fight ended.

hoobajoo posted:

When in Part 4 do we find out the pompadour rage origin story? I have a friend that thinks the gag is flat, and I know he'll retroactively like it when he finds out why.

I have a friend that refers to Josuke (and Giorno) as "Bad Hair Jojo" and makes an excuse to call him that in every episode.

I really hope the Rohan episode stops that.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 6, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hayato is the best kid ally in the entire series

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Agreed. He started out kinda weird, but became one of the best supporting characters.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/C_7_heaven/status/739140466944315392

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

October.
First easily available blue Giorno.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Thats some crazy amount of detail in the face expression deartment

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm giving it serious thought solely for the alt head.

E: lollin though cuz is he getting a re-release but oku still isn't even as part four airs? drat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not a re-release, really. It's kind of like a combo of Giorno normal (Pink body, yellow hair) and Giorno WonFes (Blue body, greyish hair). The Haruno head is new entirely, and I think you need to buy WonFes Giorno for a Gold Experience Requiem untamed hair (in yellow). I think it's clocking in at 6600 yen which is above average for a SAS but is probably the new normal because I believe most figure companies charge around that much now.

e: 5870 on AmiAmi

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 6, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haruno face Giorno looks so out of place in that bottom right picture and I love it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:allears:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I only have figures of the bad guys and I don't even really like Giorno but I'll be damned if that isn't a sharp looking figurine.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Does Araki celebrate the day he was born a human or the day he put on the mask?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki celebrates the day he achieved Heaven

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Does Araki celebrate the day he was born a human or the day he put on the mask?

He was born before the Gregorian calendar, so it gets complicated.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Cool post i got linked to about Diesel. remember diesel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is actually pretty heart warming.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Happy Araki's Birthday Day, everyone. JJCA just released White Album Part 7, which wraps up the White Album fight. This week, Narancia walks in on Giorno and Mista sharing a very special moment.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Learning that it was the work of a shameless fanboy and not some dude trying to rip Araki off is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Learning that it was the work of a shameless fanboy and not some dude trying to rip Araki off is even better.

It was both :v: