Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

SaltLick posted:

You see Jaqen actually gave Arya the test to kill waif and this fake abandoning thing is just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

This is the real answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

Arya putting her face on someone is definitely plausible.

Here wear this face random girl. No time for questions

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Those Brotherhood cocksuckers!

They could have worked in "cocksucker" for McShane to say. 0/10

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

TommyGun85 posted:

you guys also come up with the genius that Sansa offered to marry LF. Wtf? She probably just asked for his help. He made it pretty clear an episode ago that he would do anything to set right his Bolton mistake. Shes also already married to Tyrion and Ramsay but I guess she can just go around marrying anyone who isnt already married.

Yep, all she has to do is say the word and Littlefinger will carry his printer all the way from the Vale to Winterfell. She's his one weakness.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Actually the Waif is Tyler Durden and Arya was just hallucinating the whole thing.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Were the dudes who killed the hippies Boltons? If so with Brianne, Tormund, WunWun, Davos and the Hound Jon won't need an army.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It was a nice touch of Cersei to bring an old Tywin line to Olenna: "We need each other" but Cersei is no Tywin, and Olenna flat out turned her down.

I guess with Margaery she's less "playing" the Sparrows as she's playing along with them out of desperation. The flower she gave Olenna showed me she still has her family loyalty, but not that she has some higher schemes in mind.

Excited for the rest of the season, there's good stuff happening.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Veshpo posted:

Yep, all she has to do is say the word and Littlefinger will carry his printer all the way from the Vale to Winterfell. She's his one weakness.

Yeah I guess y'all are probably right. That's disappointing, but what else is new with show Littlefinger?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

Were the dudes who killed the hippies Boltons? If so with Brianne, Tormund, WunWun, Davos and the Hound Jon won't need an army.

No, they're the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Ginette Reno posted:

No, they're the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Oh great, just when I thought they were culling unnecessary plotlines they bring one back

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mike N Eich posted:

I guess with Margaery she's less "playing" the Sparrows as she's playing along with them out of desperation. The flower she gave Olenna showed me she still has her family loyalty, but not that she has some higher schemes in mind.
Pushing Cersei to do something rash and violent with FrankenMountain and get all the blame will probably be her play.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Actually Arya was the Waif and the Waif was Arya. Arya got the drop on her and stabbed her up.

This may not be a serious suggestion, but I'm going to ask anyway: FM can only wear faces of the dead, right?

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

So is Stoneheart actually going to happen? Sure seems to be a lot to point toward it- bringing Jamie and Brienne to the Riverlands, reintroducing the Tullys and the Brotherhood and the Freys after they've all been MIA for several years- I don't know what they're working towards if not that.

Sorry if this has been discussed every other page

Veshpo fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 6, 2016

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Nail Rat posted:

Oh great, just when I thought they were culling unnecessary plotlines they bring one back

Not unnecessary if they're doing Stoneheart which is all but a forgone conclusion at this point.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
Also the BwB killing a bunch of innocents doesn't seem like something Thoros would sign off on. Could it be a change in leadership? I honestly didn't think they were going to do Lady Stoneheart, but could they be?

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Not that it'll happen, but there is precedent for wearing a living person's face in the show. Right before Arya went blind, she pulled off Jaqen's face and a bunch of others before she got to her own on whoever it was that drank the poison.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

I dunno where they're going with it, unless the brotherhood going all bad is because Lady Stoneheart is in after all.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Jesus In A Can posted:

Not that it'll happen, but there is precedent for wearing a living person's face in the show. Right before Arya went blind, she pulled off Jaqen's face and a bunch of others before she got to her own on whoever it was that drank the poison.

...but Melisandre took the ruby off when she took a bath...

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Ginette Reno posted:

I dunno where they're going with it, unless the brotherhood going all bad is because Lady Stoneheart is in after all.

Well by the time she's been resurrected she'd basically be a skeleton since it's 3 years later. So I guess she has to just sign language now

radlum
May 13, 2013
So, the North remembering so far has been an old lady, two offscreen houses (one that was invented for the show) and 62 Mormonts.

The writers never cease to surprise me (the rest of the episode was good; though I would have preferred if the Hound had been introduced in an earlier episode)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Instead of Stoneheart, Beric's been resurrected so many times he's gone insane. Lesson for Melisandre and Jon.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
If they're wrapping up plot lines they had better take us on maege mormont and galbart glovers erotic adventure through the neck

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Nail Rat posted:

Well by the time she's been resurrected she'd basically be a skeleton since it's 3 years later. So I guess she has to just sign language now

If she's back, she was probably brought back around the same time as she was in the book. We haven't seen Thoros or Beric since Arya and the Hound ran into them, what, less than a week after the Red Wedding?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
GRRM already confirmed that stoneheart is cut and that Arya reunites with Gendry.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

GRRM already confirmed that stoneheart is cut and that Arya reunites with Gendry.

Gendry has rowed to Braavos and forges Arya a steampunk intestine. Confirmed.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Didn't GRRM say in an interview that the show will not be doing Stoneheart?

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

VaultAggie posted:

Didn't GRRM say in an interview that the show will not be doing Stoneheart?

He also said he's working on the next book, the man has been known to mislead us from time to time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was really hoping McShane would stay around for at least 2 episodes, but nope. Oh well, we at least get to see Sandor on the warpath again.

Pervazoid time, but hot drat Yara and that prostitute.

Glad they are going with the long con game with Marg and not having her truely convert, though I'm hoping that yes they'll send Loras back to Highgarden, but he won't be disowned, but invested. Because what is the faith going to do outside of Kings Landing? Nothing.

Saying Stoneheart is coming its like saying Firefly is coming back. Give it up, its annoying as poo poo.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Veshpo posted:

So is Stoneheart actually going to happen? Sure seems to be a lot to point toward it- bringing Jamie and Brienne to the Riverlands, reintroducing the Tullys and the Brotherhood and the Freys after they've all been MIA for several years- I don't know what they're working towards if not that.

Sorry if this has been discussed every other page

Yeah all these pieces coming together just like in the books leads me to think there HAS to be Lady Stoneheart. Why else spend so much time on it?

Maybe we'll get parallel climaxes between the North and Riverlands - Battle of the Bastards and Jaime and Brienne confronting Stoneheart. Would make some dramatic sense.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Arya definitely has some sort of plan.

1. In episode 6, she takes Needle out from its hiding place, finds a hidden location to stow away in, and sits in complete darkness.
2. In episode 7, she's out in broad daylight. The complete darkness of episode 6 lets us know she's smart enough to realize that she's not safe, so walking around not even disguised must be a conscious decision rather than thoughtless idiocy.
3. She has enough stolen money to buy passage on a ship, with a cabin, and even convince them to leave early. She has an entirely new outfit from her episode 6 peasant girl costume. This implies she's planning her escape with resources at her disposal, rather than out of sheer desperation.
4. She doesn't have Needle with her when she's out in the open. This means she's kept her best weapon a secret.
5. She stands conspicuously out on a bridge, possibly waiting for an attack. The faceless men could attack her from a rooftop, or from underneath the bridge, but she's trained with them enough to know their methods and may have ruled these out. So she might have chosen the bridge because it limits the range of possibilities for an encounter. It also provides an escape route via the water.
6. Arya spent the last few weeks literally fighting blind; she would have been able to anticipate an attack as obvious as this one. Instead, she turns to take the attack in the stomach, without defending herself. But she has enough strength to push the Waif away and headbutt her, then flip over the bridge and dive into the water. This means she may have taken the attack deliberately, and might have had some sort of trick underneath her padded tunic.
7. The Waif would want Arya's body so they could take her face. In other words, she wouldn't settle for presuming that Arya died when she hit the water. The Waif would go on recon and find the body. So Arya's plan couldn't be to fake her own death, because she'd know the Waif would want her corpse.
8. In the episode preview, we see the Waif running through the streets, undisguised, holding a bloody knife. This doesn't seem like Faceless Man behavior, as they prefer discretion. Probably, she's pissed that Arya pulled a fast one on her and lost her cool.
9. In the preview, we see Arya parkour jumping off a building in a new outfit. So she probably wasn't actually as hurt as she seemed to be.

I think what may be the case is that Arya knows she can't run or hide from a Faceless Man out to kill her, so instead she's baiting the Waif into a confrontation on her own terms. We know from her exchange with the actress that Arya is pretty good at reading people's interior motivations. She's pulling this stunt to draw the Waif out of her comfort zone, and what she'll probably do is lead the Waif to a place where she's hidden Needle, her secret weapon, and use a decisive surprise attack to kill her.

Also Yara and Daeneyrs OTP confirmed.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

TommyGun85 posted:

...but Melisandre took the ruby off when she took a bath...

Yeah, I got nothing. It's sad when each example has its own perfect counter-example in the show.

Like, GRRM says Stoneheart is out, but there have now been two references to the guy cutting Cat's throat, and this show does like beating us over the head with things.

"Lyanna!" "Hey, that's my aunt Lyanna!"

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Veshpo posted:

He also said he's working on the next book, the man has been known to mislead us from time to time.

Touché.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Lycus posted:

How does Arya get a mask without access to the Hall of Faces?

She still had her student ID.

RIP Ian McShane you were great for five minutes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

Yeah all these pieces coming together just like in the books leads me to think there HAS to be Lady Stoneheart. Why else spend so much time on it?
They're wrapping up stray plots. All these things existed in the show with or without Stoneheart.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

TommyGun85 posted:

Real Arya or Waif-Arya?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

I'm not buying this, they said all year Jon Snow was dead. Im betting Stoneheart in the season finale.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

I don't understand what they're gonna do with the Hound at this point - He's gonna go kill BwB/Thoros with his axe and then... just wander on down to Kings Landing?

Also the preview shows Brienne/Pod sneaking away at night by boat so preemptive RIP Blackfish.

edit: despite the casting call I'm now worried we're not gonna get Manderly after all, or he's one of the flayed men.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 6, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Can I just say- Margaery's wig looks soooo bad. It hasn't looked this bad since season 2.

Good episode though.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Hound said his motivation was hate so he probably has a few people he wants to kill after the BwB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jesus In A Can posted:

"Lyanna!" "Hey, that's my aunt Lyanna!"

Ernest Cline writes for the show?

Cline Dialog
"May the force be with you" I said