Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Who would you rather gently caress, Li Nalas or Minster Jaro.

Gotta choose one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

Who would you rather gently caress, Li Nalas or Minster Jarrow.

Gotta choose one.

I have no idea who these ppl are

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Also, can y'all do ne a solid and vote 5, thx.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I have no idea who these ppl are

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
2nd one. He looks rich.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

2nd one. He looks rich.

Excellent taste.

Voted 5.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Excellent taste.

Voted 5.

Thanks friend, I'll treat you to dinner at the klingon restaurant for the 5. Do you like gagh?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Frank Langella every time.
He needs more work.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Also, according to one of the maps there is a shop on ds9 called Tom Servo's Robot Repair.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Thanks friend, I'll treat you to dinner at the klingon restaurant for the 5. Do you like gagh?

*does the whole, this gagh is disgusting... because its not fresh enough!* routine.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

*does the whole, this gagh is disgusting... because its not fresh enough!* routine.

*offers you a jumja stick

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Automatic Slim posted:

That sounds about right.

So let me get this straight… they can take a hair sample from Dr. Pulaski's brush and compare it with her last transporter records and filter out terrible space diseases, but Neelix gets stuck with the photonic lung?

For that matter, can they just keep a file of changes every time someone uses a transporter. Going down the rabbit hole, there shouldn't be any obesity in the 24th century. "Looks like Counselor Troi and Riker are fighting again. She's been hitting the chocolate sundaes hard this week. Let's just subtract a few molecules from the rematerialization buffer. "

any time the transporter gets used to fix someone, you should assume it's a one-off that's never going to be mentioned again because the writers wanted some terrible poo poo to happen to someone they couldn't actually write off the show

although that said TNG did reuse (or at least reference) several of the technotricks they pulled out of their rear end.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

use the transporter to move stuff around. like troi beams up and suddenly shes packing some E cups

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*offers you a jumja stick

*accepts and takes a 2kg lump of jumja on a tiny stick, no money ever changes hands aside from a nod of recognition to a transfixed jumja shop keeper.*

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
a lot of star trek episodes were poo poo

like most of them

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Number 1, just personal taste, but number 2 looks like he's definitely packing a bigger donger.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ok, ok. Some good answers here.

Now.

You have to choose which Kai you'd choose to gently caress. Opaka or Winn.

And no, it cant be a holy threesome with Bareil or an Orb.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lol at anyone who thinks they could impress Winn after Dukat gave her the ol Cardassian Occupation

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If you were going down on Kai Winn she'd rip your ears right off.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
"Hey, why don't they use the transporter to do cool stuff?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
poo poo like this is why TMP is the best Trek movie. The whole movie is equal parts "genuinely terrifying" and "genuinely beautiful".

Watch it while you're high :ssh:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Ok, ok. Some good answers here.

Now.

You have to choose which Kai you'd choose to gently caress. Opaka or Winn.

And no, it cant be a holy threesome with Bareil or an Orb.

Nurse Rachett.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

poo poo like this is why TMP is the best Trek movie. The whole movie is equal parts "genuinely terrifying" and "genuinely beautiful".

Watch it while you're high :ssh:

It just makes me think of that pig animal in Galaxy Quest.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Crowsbeak posted:

It just makes me think of that pig animal in Galaxy Quest.

By far the best Star Trek movie.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
:gowron:thanks for the 5s, everyone!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Volcott posted:

I can't believe this got a "G" rating. That's a really disturbing scene for adults to watch with the screaming and all.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

Like was said, "replicating complex poo poo is a no-go", but I found it hilarious that technology we're on the brink of right now (growing individual organs) is something this race that's obsessed with organs hasn't done.

they had the technology to modify alien organs to work in their bodies. the idiots should have just raised some pigs or something

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I think the point was that the phage contaminated every part of their society so they had to find new civilizations to exploit. Or not. It's been years since I've seen that episode.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
The phage was a cool idea, but I would have liked to have seen more of it before they just had Jason Alexander say "oh the phage? Yeah we cured that" as a throwaway line.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

The phage was a cool idea, but I would have liked to have seen more of it before they just had Jason Alexander say "oh the phage? Yeah we cured that" as a throwaway line.

George: we cured the phage!

Jerry: you cured the phage?

George: we cured the phage, Jerry!

Kramer: hey Jerry, you got any coffee nebula?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Blistex posted:

By far the best Star Trek movie.

Third best. But better than the new ones or any of the TNG ones.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

criscodisco posted:

before they just had Jason Alexander say "oh the phage? Yeah we cured that" as a throwaway line.

I hated that episode.
Voyager had a loving copy of the ENTIRE knowledge of the Alpha Quadrant, some of the Beta and Gamma Quadrant, and all the smart arses wanted was a borg that they could loving steal or salvage from the billions of borg flying around.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Volcott posted:

Where's the edit of this where they lose them on the Enterprise side, and then cut to the dog-creature from The Thing greasily slopping around on the floor.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Voyager 05x22

Space Pygmalion

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I just watched an episode of Voyager and it was the one where Neelix dies and they use borgoprobes to make him alive and he becomes suicidally depressed but it's ok because they remind him that his job is soul crushing enough to make suicide just seem like too much effort and the episode ends.

Thank you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Booblord's Star Trek Fan-Script

FEDERATION SHIPS: We're on the way to Bajor

CREW: We're gonna help the Bajorans so much!

FEDERATION SHIPS: (Arrive at Bajor) Hi Bajor what's up

BAJOR: ~~~~*FARTZ*~~~ GUYS WE'RE GONNA DO SOMETHING ACCORDING TO OUR CULTURE THATS REAL DUMB AND GAY

FEDERATION SHIPS: (Mag dumps their entire torpedo supply on Bajor)

FEDERATION CAPTAIN: (Sends message to Cardassia Prime) We're sorry guys, we get it now. We're bro's now

CARDASSIAN PRESIDENT: LOL, k

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Aaronicon posted:

I just watched an episode of Voyager and it was the one where Neelix dies and they use borgoprobes to make him alive and he becomes suicidally depressed but it's ok because they remind him that his job is soul crushing enough to make suicide just seem like too much effort and the episode ends.

Thank you.

"We're stuck on this ride for the next 70 years and so are you. There is no escape, not even in death. Now, when's dinner?"

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Aaronicon posted:

Thank you.

*Tuvok returns to his quarters and laughs so hard he cries*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So for real in 7 seasons how many good episodes did Voyager have

When do these happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Voyager had about 1 season worth of a good show spread out over 7.