Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Kushgroove, check your PM's.

PierreTheMime posted:

As far as I can tell that's the original name (google searches return results from 2014). They're releasing it for Black Library sale now because the Broodlord model from that set is now going to be available for individual sale (though too expensive imo), so any player could potentially field the exact models from the dataslate. It's not an especially good bonus for what you have to pay in fragile models. The Warrior dataslate is "okay" but the rest are p bad.

My favorite is "the broodlord gets PE if he is your warlord"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I have some bases from AberrantGames that I want to plug because they're quality and don't cost a poo poo ton of money like most providers. The sets I have are eight bases for about $4.50 so I suppose times have changed. That deviation die is cool, though, since it has the arrow marker located inside of a transparent D6. That would actually help deviation accuracy quite a bit.

http://store.aberrantgames.com/gaac.html

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Post 9-11 User posted:

I have some bases from AberrantGames that I want to plug because they're quality and don't cost a poo poo ton of money like most providers. The sets I have are eight bases for about $4.50 so I suppose times have changed. That deviation die is cool, though, since it has the arrow marker located inside of a transparent D6. That would actually help deviation accuracy quite a bit.

http://store.aberrantgames.com/gaac.html

Those industrial and urban bases are available from Champ Industries for $0.30/each as well.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
This is a bit of an oddball request, but if anyone has a copy of the original 3rd edition/B.B.B. rulebook; the copy I picked up has a chunk of a page clipped out :what: and I'd like to confer about what's missing, as it's part of the rules section.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Karl Rove posted:

This is a bit of an oddball request, but if anyone has a copy of the original 3rd edition/B.B.B. rulebook; the copy I picked up has a chunk of a page clipped out :what: and I'd like to confer about what's missing, as it's part of the rules section.

Pretty sure I have that. What page, what section?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hencoe posted:

Kushgroove, check your PM's.

My favorite is "the broodlord gets PE if he is your warlord"

They get stealth too if I remember! All for 200+ points for like, 8 genestealers and a broodlord. It's a steal.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors

Karl Rove posted:

Shoot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This might have been discussed to death and all in this thread before, but I've been parting out my bits box to offload the majority of it and while looking up prices I stumbled across this dude who's selling highly detailed totally-not-warhammer figures, and I couldn't help but notice he's selling stuff like the old Genestealer limos but in a new completely gorgeous style for 50 bucks.

Is he legit? How's the quality, build style, that sort of thing. There's basically nothing in the descriptions but he's got a lot of feedback. Is it a resin mold operation? 3D printing? Has 3D printing even gotten that far, I've heard of someone 3D printing a space marine army but the detail was pretty low, like GTA 3-style hands on the marines.

edit: lol

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 6, 2016

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Got my questions answered, thanks though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oh my god, that's amazing. I watched the whole thing :allears:

Captain Invictus posted:

This might have been discussed to death and all in this thread before, but I've been parting out my bits box to offload the majority of it and while looking up prices I stumbled across this dude who's selling highly detailed totally-not-warhammer figures, and I couldn't help but notice he's selling stuff like the old Genestealer limos but in a new completely gorgeous style for 50 bucks.

Is he legit? How's the quality, build style, that sort of thing. There's basically nothing in the descriptions but he's got a lot of feedback. Is it a resin mold operation? 3D printing? Has 3D printing even gotten that far, I've heard of someone 3D printing a space marine army but the detail was pretty low, like GTA 3-style hands on the marines.

I'm pretty drat sure that's just the ebay page for a minis website that was posted in this thread and discussed before. They have several cool sculpts but also a few weird ones like naked Tau lady commanders :yikes:

But I'm pretty sure that's just their ebay page.

I've been tempted to buy one myself and see how the quality is, they have some really cool looking sculpts but I dunno if those are just 3D renders or what.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Warhammer has had its fair share of horrifically bad sculpts, I'll allow for them to have their own bad ones if it means super rad Genestealer Cult Limos. Their 40k cars are really awesome, too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah, those models are definitely from these guys: http://wargameexclusive.com/product-category/greater-good/

Supposed to be resin models.

Not sure if that's an official ebay page after all though, seems like its just some reseller? Its called "Warex mini" and its Wargame Exclusive so probably that's just their ebay front.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I played a game on Thursday with my Orks vs Dark Eldar. I didn't really take many pictures since it was a really tense game, but looking back it was a lot of fun. Neither of us had cards, so we went with one of the 6th edition missions that are still in the rulebook, which had objectives in my deployment zone, his deployment zone, the center of the table, my left flank, and my right flank. The first turn had me doing nothing of import while he killed my Squiggoth and two of my trukks. The second turn I torched his 20 man Warrior squad and caused them to fall back off the board, but I was out of range of everything else and all my dudes were pinned from their trukks blowing up. A bunch of my guys got shot up and he was doubling out my Squiggoth-riding Meganobz with darklances, and it was looking bad. His Archon even charged a falling back Ork boyz squad, immediately killing them on another failed leadership test - a rule I'd genuinely never needed to know before! Then my dice turned around and my army started working like it was supposed to! His Archon was out of position, and got shot up and charged by my remaining boyz in the area. They killed all his Incubi, and stalled him for long enough to get my MANz into position and krump him real good. His Wyches on my right flank were looking to overrun my squad of boyz there, but then my Kommandos showed up, torching the whole squad, and holding onto that flank! My grot tanks were finally in range too, and they put down one of his Ravagers with their kustom mega blasta. From there on he was on the backfoot until, at the end of turn 6, we finally called it. His army was down to a squad of Warriors in an immobilezed raider on my right flank and on one of the objectives, and half a dozen surviving warriors running around trying not to get shot by my trukk or kannons. Meanwhile my grot tanks held a central objective, my grot artillery held an objective in my deployment zone, Grotsnik and a barely alive Meganob held a left flank objective, and my trukk had linebreaker. It was a solid Ork win, plucked from the jaws of defeat!

Other good parts:
- His Talos and Chronos charged my Meganobz, hoping to put them down. They caused 6 wounds, but thanks to Grotsnik, they had a 5+ fnp. I passed 5 of them, and promptly krumped the poo poo out of them
- Mutoid Mek bravely sacrificing himself to the Archon (who only rolled one successful wound) so the rest of the MANz could make deli meat out of the Archon with their powerklaws
- My kommandos going to ground, passing a crazy number of saves in the open, falling back, regrouping, then falling back again for three turns until they finally got driven off the right objective
- Ol' Squiggly dying in the first turn, like he always does, and making me wish I saved 90 points and bought a Battlewagon instead

Captain Invictus posted:

That's the same guy as http://wargameexclusive.com/, or at least he's selling shitloads of their stuff. All the stuff is borderline copyright infringement, but the not-Obliterators I got were pretty much flawless and excellent sculpts. It's resin so you have to wash it first and it smells a little bit cancerous. He also has a shitload of awful cheesecake models but I think the genuinely good models almost cancel them out.

Almost.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gotta pay them bills

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Can confirm it's good quality stuff, just needs the standard resin prep. Dude's got a good turnaround for shipping it for being in Ukraine too, ordered those alternate Ad Mech robutt heads and got them like 3 days later somehow.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I like some of his Tau veteran minis. Most are too TnA but I think there are four which are solid. It would be cool to have a little Rambo crew of Tau veterans to use in Kill Team.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

The Continuing Misadventures of the Real Ollanius Pius

No wait, let's make him a Space Marine. No, wait a Terminator Space Marine. No no, he's an immortal time-travelling wizard...

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

SRM posted:

That's the same guy as http://wargameexclusive.com/, or at least he's selling shitloads of their stuff. All the stuff is borderline copyright infringement, but the not-Obliterators I got were pretty much flawless and excellent sculpts. It's resin so you have to wash it first and it smells a little bit cancerous. He also has a shitload of awful cheesecake models but I think the genuinely good models almost cancel them out.

Almost.

There are some (almost) decently dressed female models on the site, provided you can ignore egregious cleavage. It hardly gets as bad as the completely naked tau lady, though (at least, I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

I also have to admit that I found these to be fairly amusing, and I'd love to buy them as a set piece for a battle. My favorite is the Car with the Inquisition symbol on the rim.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VerdantSquire posted:

There are some (almost) decently dressed female models on the site, provided you can ignore egregious cleavage. It hardly gets as bad as the completely naked tau lady, though (at least, I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

I also have to admit that I found these to be fairly amusing, and I'd love to buy them as a set piece for a battle. My favorite is the Car with the Inquisition symbol on the rim.

Uhhh.... that's the very website where naked tau lady comes from.

Again, they have some cool sculpts too so whatever, but just sayin'. Your post makes it sound like they're some other store not as bad as those naked tau lady guys, but they are actually those naked tau lady guys.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Again, they have some cool sculpts too so whatever, but just sayin'. Your post makes it sound like they're some other store not as bad as those naked tau lady guys, but they are actually those naked tau lady guys.

[humor]Please don't shame the buxom lusty wenches.

But seriously we need some naked tau males to even this out. I need to know how well-endowed each caste is for a project.[/humor]

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 6, 2016

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

If i did, that was completely a mistake; I wasn't trying to say that at all. I never said that it was a separate site and I didn't think anyone would read it like that.

Edit: I was talking about the site that was linked earlier, which I quoted in my post. If you missed that then I can see why you may have thought it was a different site.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 6, 2016

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
I thought their SoB models were too cheesecake to bother with until I actually checked GW's Repentia. Now, pretty much anything that isn't nips-out is on the table as passable.

On that note, has anyone any experience with the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy Sisters knock-offs? Are their aesthetic & scale workable for a SoB force?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
This is the only Toughest Girls model you need,

It's a model Everyone needs

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dependapotomuses have the second toughest job in the galaxy.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Renfield posted:

Baby Hippo Abhumans are the most adorable child-soldiers in the Imperium.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VerdantSquire posted:

If i did, that was completely a mistake; I wasn't trying to say that at all. I never said that it was a separate site and I didn't think anyone would read it like that.

Edit: I was talking about the site that was linked earlier, which I quoted in my post. If you missed that then I can see why you may have thought it was a different site.

What? :psyduck: Obviously I'm talking about the same website! Dude somehow you are still completely failing to parse my posts.

You said "It hardly gets as bad as the completely naked tau lady" How does that make sense if they're the same people who made the naked tau lady? It DOES get as bad as the naked tau lady, because they're the ones who made it! Yes, the website you replied to, the one you quoted, that one. That's the one I'm talking about. I didn't miss anything, but somehow you're still not getting it.

Renfield posted:

Now I have to have this.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I like the female Tech-Priest with Robo-nips just down the page a bit.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

panascope posted:

Yeah, or the naked lady cyborgs with huge gun arms? Fap time.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

What? :psyduck: Obviously I'm talking about the same website! Dude somehow you are still completely failing to parse my posts.

You said "It hardly gets as bad as the completely naked tau lady" How does that make sense if they're the same people who made the naked tau lady? It DOES get as bad as the naked tau lady, because they're the ones who made it! Yes, the website you replied to, the one you quoted, that one. That's the one I'm talking about. I didn't miss anything, but somehow you're still not getting it.

When I said that, it was meant to be read as "aside from the naked tau lady"; there are other female models on the site, but they aren't quite as bad as the whole pin-up nude business because, as far as I know, there aren't any other literally naked models on the site. You said I was making it sound like it came from another store, so I replied that I didn't meant it to be read like that, and I was confused as to how it could've been read like that (I never brought up another site in the post). More to the point, is this something anyone, anywhere, should care about beyond maybe some questionable grammar?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

VerdantSquire posted:

When I said that, it was meant to be read as "aside from the naked tau lady"; there are other female models on the site, but they aren't quite as bad as the whole pin-up nude business because, as far as I know, there aren't any other literally naked models on the site. You said I was making it sound like it came from another store, so I replied that I didn't meant it to be read like that, and I was confused as to how it could've been read like that (I never brought up another site in the post). More to the point, is this something anyone, anywhere, should care about beyond maybe some questionable grammar?

Oh yeah, it is all nicely done, just a waste of talent on some.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

VerdantSquire posted:

The tits-out Female Adeptus Mechanicus model doesn't count ?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VerdantSquire posted:

Your choice of pronouns is really confusing as gently caress in that case.

And like Renfield said, if that's what you meant then you should look around the website more because that's hardly the only cheesecake model.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

panascope posted:

Those are telescopic nipple antennae used to transmit data back to earth!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is both fluffy and cannon that the emperor can see using a woman's robo nips

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrSlam posted:

Those are telescopic nipple antennae used to transmit data back to earth!

I need to make a David Bowe tribute model for my slaanesh army.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

And like Renfield said, if that's what you meant then you should look around the website more because that's hardly the only cheesecake model.

Oh no, I know that there is a lot of cheesecake on the site; it's just that I feel like the nude models are just an extra layer of embarrassing on top of everything else.

But enough of that nonsense. Does anyone know where one could get good female heads that could fit into the Cadian style helmets? I'm trying to build up a IG mech army, and I'd like to seed a lot of female soldiers into the formation. I know Victoria miniatures sells really good head parts, but my issue is that I don't have any cadian style helmets that would fit on them (for some reason, the separate helmets they sell as a part of the squad don't have an inlet to fit a head into) , and the ones they sell that already have helmets them look too dissimilar to the Cadian gear for me to consider using.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So how rare are inquisition decals nowadays? I pulled some from my old hobby box and applied it to a ship used by a character aptly named the Inquisitor.

I posted it in a painting group and had some people talking about how I wasted the rare decals. I know inquisition hasn't been updated forever, but can't you still get them with direct order vehicles?

I never played inquisition so at least they're getting some use this way. They'll sit in the box forever otherwise lol.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Make a video of you torching a sheet of inquisition decals to piss them off more.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

panascope posted:

Make a video of you torching a sheet of inquisition decals to piss them off more.

I only have 2 sheets. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Torch them both?

• Locked thread