Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Fetch quest, get less decrepit.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I take it back. Burn the witch.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Of course she doesn't want to screw us, she already has a skeleton in her. Speaking of, we should liberate it from it's fleshy prison and date that.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
haul that cauldron on your decrepit rear end through the summer heat

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i heard at the time of writing this mr skull had some opinions on carly fiorina as ceo of hewlett packard

something about making printer drivers too large to download on 52k

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
COME ON GUYS are we a lichlord or a bitchlord?!

> Burn the Witch

(with a super-sick dis)

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

(with a super-sick dis)

"Your aunt did always say you had trouble raising bones"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

so are we going to drop everything and do the fetch quest like a bunch of goony goons?

if so are we going to stay overnight or go immediately so that she knows we're keen?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The only thing I learned from Nicholas cage is to say YES to every offer.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We'll do it, but not now. We're off the clock. We'll also need something we can use to carry multiple items.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

so are we going to drop everything and do the fetch quest like a bunch of goony goons?

if so are we going to stay overnight or go immediately so that she knows we're keen?

Fetch Quest for epic lootz.

Do it now cause we don't need no sleep.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Well even if we don't complete the fetch quest we can still meet up with auntie whassername. Besides maybe the cauldron makes a cool torso

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
fetch the quest.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

RandomPauI posted:

We'll do it, but not now. We're off the clock. We'll also need something we can use to carry multiple items.

This one. The fire can wait.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Aggie's crypt is somewhere to the south of the tower, a few days' walk away, and going directly there will mean ditching your union droogs and bypassing bilgeton altogether. I should have posted the map that came with this but it's been systematically ripped out of every copy of the book in existence for reasons I don't fathom.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Aggie's crypt is somewhere to the south of the tower, a few days' walk away, and going directly there will mean ditching your union droogs and bypassing bilgeton altogether. I should have posted the map that came with this but it's been systematically ripped out of every copy of the book in existence for reasons I don't fathom.

Two Fisted Steve strikes again!

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I should have posted the map that came with this but it's been systematically ripped out of every copy of the book in existence for reasons I don't fathom.

Those promotional map posters had to come from somewhere.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

vortmax posted:

I take it back. Burn the witch.

Norwegian Wood -- a classic, charming Beatles tune wherein John Lennon sings soulfully about burning down a woman's house after she refused to sleep with him

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lol if having ever played one of these games you think you're not going to get your rear end kicked in for burning that house down. I'll post the bad ending along with whatever we decide to do.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The only thing I learned from Nicholas cage is to say YES to every offer.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Yes to fetch

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Unfortunately decrepit skeletons aren't capable of shimmying nearly as well as their more able-jointed brethren.
But they aren't capable of barrel roll!

Edit: I think the decrepit is a secret starter equipment that let us auto succeed a lot of things for keeping it.

Random Axis
Jul 19, 2005
We could use some more essence. Can we summon the demon Netflixthras and chill--or something--to regain any?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I think if you go to bilgeton later anyway things are... different so this could get interesting. Plus who knows, maybe we'll see our union buddies somewhere else!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Random Axis posted:

We could use some more essence. Can we summon the demon Netflixthras and chill--or something--to regain any?

Staying overnight is a full recovery. It's the last time the game is nice to us.

Poland Spring posted:

I think if you go to bilgeton later anyway things are... different so this could get interesting. Plus who knows, maybe we'll see our union buddies somewhere else!

yep and yep.

So as far as I can tell we'll stay overnight (on the couch), and set off in the morning to get a printer cauldron for Aethelweird, sound OK? This will mean ditching the union skeles but we still have our one follower.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Staying overnight is a full recovery. It's the last time the game is nice to us.

yep and yep.

So as far as I can tell we'll stay overnight (on the couch), and set off in the morning to get a printer cauldron for Aethelweird, sound OK? This will mean ditching the union skeles but we still have our one follower.

The Union skeles can be trusted to make their own way, but be sure to give them their guilders back to pay their dues once they get to Bilgeton.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

To be fair, skeletons have no need for maps.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

We are clearly the hippest skeleton in the house. Spend the night and get our boogie on with some disco cause we don't need no dame to have fun.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Can we still be effected by drug use? If so I say we look through the witches stash and see what we can get a hold of.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Can we still be effected by drug use? If so I say we look through the witches stash and see what we can get a hold of.

i already scanned the pages, just preparing the update! :argh:

In answer to your question - yes, just like in sword of the bastard elf potions are dangerous and unreliable things that can ruin your entire day, but as a skeleton we're not as affected by them. There are pages of pointless rules for what happens if you go around eating pixies and quaffing potions. In an unrelated matter, I'd better scan in the pages for what happens when you go around eating pixies

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Gonna eat dem pixies.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

I'd better scan in the pages for what happens when you go around eating pixies

That triggers the "wave of mutilation", right?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I Greyhound posted:

That triggers the "wave of mutilation", right?

among other things! on the plus side it's a great way to get lots of limbs or pixies in your army if you want pixies in your army

:ok:

191 - complete!

We decide not to be a creep. Despite what I said earlier I didn't have time to scan in the bad ending but maybe I'll get a chance later. It includes a picture of a very dapper skeleton going his own way. he is wearing a fedora

In the meantime we turn to 265:

We regain 50 ESSENCE, putting us roughly back where we started from. We've finished the first leg of the journey and are heading into the middle section now - Bilgeton or the route around the city is the second act. We have chosen to go get the cauldron so we'll leave our skelefriends in the lurch and make a beeline for either the Tower or the crypt - 250:

ugh

We're at a fork in the road. I think i recall there's a bunch of goblins in the hills and pixies in the swamps but I'm not 100% on it. I'll dig around for the scrap I need to make this work while y'all have a think about it.

Here's the adventure sheet:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We got a barrel to hide, so dumb Goblin

Good god did a dog tear through this book in the past? And is that blood on your page? :eek:

It makes everything legit ancient as hell and I love it!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Let's liberate some Pixie skeletons.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It's really funny tricking the pixies into buying your "elf coins" (just leaves off a tree) and then paying them back with their own money to launch a suicidal charge, but I haven't seen the goblin path, so I pick go toward the bog.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
What happens if we eat an elf? Are the effects better or worst than downing a few pixies?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

poisonpill posted:

It's really funny tricking the pixies into buying your "elf coins" (just leaves off a tree) and then paying them back with their own money to launch a suicidal charge, but I haven't seen the goblin path, so I pick go toward the bog.

lets go see the goblin king's bulge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

vortmax posted:

Let's liberate some Pixie skeletons.

I don't think I ever got to this part but I definitely remember reading through the minion cards. If your resurrect these guys you can launch them like hefty hallucinogenic lawn darts.

• Locked thread