Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mission accomplished
:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Absolutely amazing perseverence unlike anything I have seen or heard of.

Congratulations UR. An inspiration to all.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Unexpected Road posted:

I finally have a home and I'm very sleepy.

I'm also about to start a very long shift at work! But yes! I did it! I have a place to call home finally! I moved in officially today and I'm sleeping on a real bed (came with the room!) and I have really lovely room mates and I am so happy I could cry. :3:

Sorry for the brief update-and-run but I'll be back!

WELCOME HOME! :v:

Can't really express how happy I am for you, man.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

YES!

Congratulations!

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Congratulations! I was just thinking of you recently, and I'm so, so happy to hear that you finally have a place of your own!

P.S. Check your PMs :3:

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Been silently checking this thread every single day since mid last year. You managed to overcome one of my worst nightmares and now suddenly nothing seems insurmountable. Congratulations UR, you're one of the best of us.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

awww, congratulations UR! I hope you get to enjoy a good long sleep in your bed soon. :3:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Thread of the century.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Fantastic! I wish you nothing but happiness and success, you've earned it

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I saw the thread title change and may have teared up a little ... Just me?

Congratulations, Road. You've earned this.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This is just fantastic news.

I hope you get a moment to reflect on what you've accomplished. It's huge.

Your general attitude and work ethic and tenacity are all just incredible and I have no doubt that you're destined for truly great things.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

spacing in vienna posted:

I think it's just dusty over here.

Such great news.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Funhilde posted:

I think it's just dusty over here.

Such great news.

I think I have something in my eye

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I gasped out loud and did a jig.

Congratulations, UR!!!

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Give us your address when/if you're able. I've been following this thread since the beginning and I wanna mail you and your roomies some handbaked welcome home treats.

:kimchi:

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
this is the best news and I'm so happy for you!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Oh god don't post your address but definitely do PM it to people you trust :)

Don't worry, I traded up doing it :)

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Congratulations UR!

I would love to send baked goodies or housewarming stuff if allowed. :unsmith:

chaosrefined
Dec 27, 2012
YES!!!!

So pleased for you UR, congratulations!

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
The best news. Congratulations!

I, too, would love to send you something if you'd like. You could get a PO Box now with your REAL address, but those can get expensive depending on where you live.

Wishing you all the best!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Hey UR I just got linked this thread (I don't normally wander into E/N). I spent my whole day reading it and I'm really glad to see that you've accomplished so much :)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret posted:

Hey UR I just got linked this thread (I don't normally wander into E/N). I spent my whole day reading it and I'm really glad to see that you've accomplished so much :)

you should be very proud of yourself

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Wow this is awesome! I've followed this thread but not really posted in it, but just wanted to say this is fantastic news and you deserve every bit of happiness :3:

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Hooray! This is awesome! And yeah, nthing the call for your address if you're willing because you have a book that needs replacing.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

If he doesn't come through I'll send you a new copy of Jonathan Strange

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
UR goes to check the mail box. 'Hey' he thinks to himself, 'the goons said they would send me some mail. I wonder what it'll be?'

He pops open the box. It's a copy of Jonathan Strange. He takes it out. There's another copy of Jonathan Strange. He pulls them out, one after another, over and over, again until a deluge of hardback copies of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell falls like an avalanche out of the mail box.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Thread will not rest until UR can furnish his whole room entirely with stacked copies of Jonathan Strange

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
I was linked to this thread, and after reading it all I want to say that you should definitely write a book about the whole ordeal. Congrats on making it through all the trials of the last year and a half!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Congratulations man. You've done something truly incredible.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
Congratulations, UR. I'm really happy for you. This is a really touching story.

ItsThatGuy
Jul 12, 2006
You never want to be that guy, or do you?

Not gonna lie... had a really stressful week at work and this cheered me up a lot but had my uh... allergies acting up. Yeah, that's right. Allergies.

Great of you, UR!!!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I'm completely overwhelmed by all of the support and congratulations and just everything, thank you all so much.

I do owe a proper update so here's what happened!

I'm actually living with some friends I made at work, back when I was still on the day shift! They started a weekly Game of Thrones night thing and I was invited so every Sunday I'd go over and hang out and we'd watch Game of Thrones together, laugh, eat chips and it was such a nice reprieve from everything. They didn't know I was homeless because I don't really tell people at work that, I didn't want people there to look down on me, but I did often mention that I was looking for a "new place" in case anyone knew of cheap apartments.

A little over a week ago we got together for an impromptu "Work Sucks Post Season Lets Have a Movie Night", and eventually all started talking about roommate horror stories and I mentioned the two guys I met on craigslist, the creepy weirdos, those guys. "Road, you're still looking for a place?" "Yeah, it's been rough." "We are looking for a roommate, we have an unused bedroom here. I didn't know you were looking for a place with roommates I would have offered it sooner!"

Getting me on the lease took a bit of time so when I say "officially" moved in, I mean I've been crashing there for a few days but now I'm on the lease! :D

I told myself I'd have a place before my birthday, that was my goal even though every month it just kept falling through, but drat it I made it with three days to spare (and just in time, with the tropical storm coming).

This has been a hell of a time and I'd say it doesn't feel real but this bed is warm and soft and comfy, and it's all mine. I finally have a place now and I can start rebuilding my life. It's fantastic.

I'm fairly sure my roommates would not be terribly please with my posting the address on a forum. But I can give it over PM if anyone would like to send/receive letters :D

Thank you guys so much for reading this year long thread and for all the overwhelming support and just.. everything. It means so much to me and I don't think I would have made it this far without all of it. Thank you guys.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Very happy for you :)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Write a book. Please.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I'm so happy for you!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

speaking of homeless Goons,

What ever happened to that guy with the boil from Las Vegas, and kitty housed in a Mormon rapture cellar?

Did that thread close after he got to Detroit, is he still gainfully employed?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Happy early birthday!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Congratulations, UR. You earned this. You fought through poo poo that would've (fairly literally) killed most people. This entire thread's been an inspiration. And I agree -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you, you deserve to feel safe and happy!

• Locked thread