Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

Hahaha, my sweet summer child. Of course liberty plans are required.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/us-navy-alcohol-ban-japan/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Let the crushing of liberty begin.

quote:

Release # R-16-14
6 June 2016
Navy Orders Restrictions on Liberty, Alcohol Consumption
YOKOSUKA, Japan (NNS) – Commander, U.S. 7th Fleet (C7F) and Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Japan (CNFJ) announced temporary liberty curtailment and restrictions on alcohol consumption for all Sailors in Japan as a response to a recent trend of alcohol-related incidents detrimental to the U.S.-Japan Alliance.
Effective immediately, Sailors are prohibited from drinking alcohol, on and off base. Additionally, all off-base liberty will be curtailed. Sailors who live off base will be permitted to travel to and from work and engage in official actions such as childcare drop-off and pickup, trips to the grocery store, gas stations or the gym. The liberty curtailment will remain in effect until face-to- face training has been conducted by unit commanding officers, executive officers and command master chiefs with all personnel.
The alcohol restriction will remain in effect until C7F and CNFJ are comfortable that all personnel understand the impact of responsible behavior on the U.S.-Japan Alliance and the United States’ ability to provide security and stability in the Indo-Asia- Pacific.
“These measures are not taken lightly,” said Rear Adm. Matthew Carter, CNFJ. “For decades, we have enjoyed a strong relationship with the people of Japan. It is imperative that each Sailor understand how our actions affect that relationship, and the U.S.-Japan Alliance as a whole.”
The order extends to all Sailors assigned or forward deployed to Japan, as well as transient units in Japan for temporary duty.
“It is a very small number of individuals who are falling short of our standards,” added Carter. “But we are not individuals. We are a team. We are all accountable for the behavior of the entire force. It is the responsibility of all Sailors to intervene when we see shipmates putting the entire force at risk.”

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

ManMythLegend posted:

Hahaha, my sweet summer child. Of course liberty plans are required.

I was trying to make a dumb joke that they weren't needed since everybody is confined to their quarters. I'm bad. :suicide:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
It's always always always some fucktard that can't be helped no matter how much leadership is applied, command involvement, or just basic friends helping him.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Actually it was a woman this time. Please check your privilege.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
They should just let the Okinawans keel haul NJP recipients and call it good. Can't wait for the rash of secret drinking violations and subsequent harsher liberty restrictions

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
China needs to invade right now so i can lol when no one can leave their room to go respond

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Prohibitions have historically worked pretty well so I bet this will go swimmingly.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Japan should have a giant sign that says "Days since last liberty restrictions for US Navy / Marines"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ded posted:

Japan should have a giant sign that says "Days since last liberty restrictions for US Navy / Marines"

Korea gets one for Army / Air Force

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sir Lucius posted:

Actually it was a woman this time. Please check your privilege.

How about not asserting cislabels Sir Lucius.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

ded posted:

CFAY had one of these next to the main gate proclaiming the number of days since the last DUI/DWI, naming and shaming the command involved with the person's rate. They finally stopped doing it because it was pretty much a joke and it never got into double digits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My step-sister's response to finding out the japan dui driver was a woman

quote:

Yeah! Girl power. Anything you can do, I can do betterrrrr. I can take Liberty from all of youuuuu.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

My step-sister's response to finding out the japan dui driver was a woman

That bitch's plan worked like gangghost busters

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Another friend thinks that the US is actually imposing sanctions against the Japanese by depressing the local economies outside of bases until they get over the most recent rape/murder/assault.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Another friend thinks that the US is actually imposing sanctions against the Japanese by depressing the local economies outside of bases until they get over the most recent rape/murder/assault.

No way, it's pure kneejerk! Just like in 2012 when ADM. Swift did it to all of 7th Fleet.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Ugh. Sorry guys in Japan.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
It's like, I feel bad, but also can't help a :lol: at how badly they always have the most ludicrous overreactions.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Do they still all get off with the SOFA agreement? Or have we been throwing people in Japanese jail yet?

Edit that SOFA:
Being all Rapey: Get in the Jail
Murdering Schoolgirls/Grandmas/Taxi Drivers: Get in the Jail
DUI: Get in the Jail

Should probably just put the Marines in there to start with, then pull em out when needed.

Downisde is how the Japanese justice system is pretty horrifying sometimes in cases that require actual investigatory methods that aren't cut and dry breathalyzers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Laranzu posted:

Do they still all get off with the SOFA agreement? Or have we been throwing people in Japanese jail yet?

Edit that SOFA:
Being all Rapey: Get in the Jail
Murdering Schoolgirls/Grandmas/Taxi Drivers: Get in the Jail
DUI: Get in the Jail

Should probably just put the Marines in there to start with, then pull em out when needed.

Downisde is how the Japanese justice system is pretty horrifying sometimes in cases that require actual investigatory methods that aren't cut and dry breathalyzers.

Being all Rapey and Murdering Schoolgirls/Grandmas/Taxi Drivers is already Get in the Jail.

Japan gets to try, convict and sentence them, and they have to serve the sentence, and then after that, they are tried under US law. It's not double jeopardy because they aren't being tried by the same government.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Being all Rapey and Murdering Schoolgirls/Grandmas/Taxi Drivers is already Get in the Jail.

Japan gets to try, convict and sentence them, and they have to serve the sentence, and then after that, they are tried under US law. It's not double jeopardy because they aren't being tried by the same government.

Thought we were still Get out of Jail Free'ing people under SOFA.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Just got my reserve billet assignment today - support of COMNAVFOR JAPAN HQ....

Hopefully the restrictions are short-lived

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Laranzu posted:

Thought we were still Get out of Jail Free'ing people under SOFA.

DUIs sure but murders and rapes are handled by the GoJ because the backlash from a turnover to mil custody for that would be immense. I know that the 2 reservists who raped a chick and got everyone the last lockdown are still rotting in Japanese jail, they've not been tried in the states yet but once their sentence is up in Japan apparently the plan is to fry them there too.

Taxi driver stabber is also chilling in Japanese jail as well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Boon posted:

heh

Hope you're like an e-6 maybe e-5 or O

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He's an LT that should be getting an O-4 look soon.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Boon posted:

Just got my reserve billet assignment today - support of COMNAVFOR JAPAN HQ....

Poor bastard.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's an LT that should be getting an O-4 look soon.

I took two straight 'gently caress you, you quitting bastard' EP to P periodic evals in a row. The first because I submitted my resignation packet late-January (2015) and before I even got back to my office was called back to the RDMLs office and told that I could either take the EP and withdraw the resignation or take the P (:lol:). The second because my last day of active service was 31 January 2016... also known as the same day that LT FITREPS are dated.

I'm not holding my breath.

Boon fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 7, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

They can do stuff on base now but no booze.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
What will all the base club bimbos do without squids sucking down $5 pitchers of beer????

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I am so glad that I got out of the navy instead of taking the one okay looking set of orders that would've had me confined to a room in Japan.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Commoners posted:

I am so glad that I got out of the navy instead of taking the one okay looking set of orders that would've had me confined to a room in Japan.

I wholly plan on coming back to japan, it's pretty cool, but I'm coming back as a civilian where I don't have to worry about some idiot in another city who I've never met taking away my enjoyment of the place.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I don't have to worry about some idiot in another city who I've never met taking away my enjoyment of the place.

Well, until you run face first into someone going the wrong way on the highway.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Well, until you run face first into someone going the wrong way on the highway.

But everyone on the highway in Japan is going the wrong way, except for a courageous American I could mention.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

hogmartin posted:

But everyone on the highway in Japan is going the wrong way, except for a courageous American I could mention.

Its all abut framing really.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

hogmartin posted:

a courageous American I could mention.

She was just bringing democracy and freedom to Japan, and now she's being targeted.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I wonder if she wasn't at my old command in Okinawa. Thankfully during my stay on the island it was always the Marines and Air Farce loving it up. What goes around comes around goes around comes around and all that.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Looks like we have a new MCPON coming.
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=95145

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Fat Leonard keeps on giving.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/robert-gilbeau-bribery-navy/

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Can't wait for the first release from his office.

This guy gave me a speech about how his wife and him keep their goal cards next to their alarm clocks. They wake up and the first thing they do is review and update them

Then he got angry because I don't even have a goal card and my wife and I don't want kids.

Good pick. He'll fit right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Laranzu posted:

Can't wait for the first release from his office.

This guy gave me a speech about how his wife and him keep their goal cards next to their alarm clocks. They wake up and the first thing they do is review and update them

Then he got angry because I don't even have a goal card and my wife and I don't want kids.

Good pick. He'll fit right in.

I don't even know what a goal card is but that seems pretty :stonk:

• Locked thread