Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh boy I am sure looking forward to Gongenzaka and Sawatari losing yet another duel. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Logicblade posted:

Oh boy I am sure looking forward to Gongenzaka and Sawatari losing yet another duel. :(

Going by the preview they won't even get to start before Yuya nudges them out and goes all #YOLO. Gongenzaka getting so little to do is so weird considering that they've figuratively released metric-tons of support for superheavies, pretty much more than for any other secondary character archetype.

Sawatari was doomed the second they gave him an actual archetype and then never released it. :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sawatari doesn't need to win duels to prove he's the best duelist in the show, that's for weak plebs with low self-esteem.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait is Sawatari still losing?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Baal posted:

Wait is Sawatari still losing?

Every.
Single.
Time.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Every drat time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MiddleOne posted:

Every.
Single.
Time.

Why is this show so terrible

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
His actor archetype sucks and is boring, his Tanuki were cooler.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sawatari is always the #1 duelist in my heart.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All of his archetypes are good, even the stupid looking dart assholes

I will always hold a special place in my heart for Yosenju though, especially Daibakaze.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

K. Flaps posted:

His actor archetype sucks and is boring, his Tanuki were cooler.

His gimmick of reinventing himself everytime (for the first three times) was the best.

At this point he should be Neo-New-Nouveau-Novel-Sawatari and using Shiranui or something else.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
When the show arrives in GX town we need some Cyberdragons and Red Eyes decks.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Nobody is as good a sport as Sawatari. Do you think Yugi or Kaiba could deal with losing duels as often as Our Boy Shingo? Not a chance. Dude bounces back faster than any YGO character in history. New Neo Silvio is my friend and a hero to perpetual losers like me.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

You know, I'm getting loving tired of poo poo-rear end characters clowning Sawatari and Gongenzaka. Give Shingo his Mega-Monarchs back and let Gong win. I think this episode broke me in the first 5 minutes.

E: That duelist that beats the poo poo out of you during the duel should come back and go nuts on all the annoying characters.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 5, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

At least they had the courtesy of jobbing offscreen. >_>

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Logicblade posted:

At least they had the courtesy of jobbing offscreen. >_>

That's even worse. If they jobbed onscreen we might have at least gotten some new cards out of it.

They were starting to do something good by at least having the jobbers use legacy cards.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
To be fair, in the script it said they were at a heavy disadvantage because Sawatari and Gongenzaka were sharing graveyards.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Next episode, the return of the ancient gear hounds. :negative:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Major spoiler:

The Professor's deck in the final duel is nothing but Ancient Gear Hounds, no trap cards or magic cards...

Prepare for disappointment!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's just baffling, so much time spent on an archetype that cannot work in the TCG in any shape or form. :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.instagram.com/kazuki_yugioh/

Takahashi is such a great artist :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Loving this duel, Ed being utterly traumatized at the idea that maybe he's a mass murderer child soldier and that card games are fun is super entertaining, specially since it happens while Yuto goes on literally racist tirades on how egao doesn't work, all while Yuya smiles at his new fangirl whom he convinced Egao is actually a cool thing.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Grace fangirling over Egaos is the best thing about this arc so far.

(At least until Dennis crushes Yuya's dad)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm starting to wonder if we're ever seeing the release of 'dad'-Trapeze Magician. He's been wrecking people with that card off-screen since episode 1!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MiddleOne posted:

I'm starting to wonder if we're ever seeing the release of 'dad'-Trapeze Magician. He's been wrecking people with that card off-screen since episode 1!

I would be shocked if he doesn't play it during the duel with Dennis

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm liking this trend of Yuya's newest Extra Deck monsters being immediately destroyed without accomplishing anything. At least Nirvana High Paladin got sent to the Pendulum Zone, the rather awesome-looking Brave-Eyes did nothing. Amazing.

Also Edo's tantrum at being beaten by Yusho was the best part of that episode.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I will never understand how Atem got Yugi's school jacket to flutter behind him like a cape.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He stole KaibaCorp's microscopic fans that keep Kaiba's coats perfectly blowing in the wind.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Next week is the return of everyone's favorite: (legit spoilers) Kachidoki Isao. Get ready for some loving punches and kicks!

The real duel begins now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That came out from nowhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Going by the preview that's the intention. No hints of that character coming back except a vague line... and then the cast list is like, well, that's the mystery character for sure.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The return of Punchman!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This year's live character duel is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIcPPSBe7Ak

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dexie posted:

This year's live character duel is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIcPPSBe7Ak

I've always thought about watching some of those. Any you Goons would recommend? Only one my friends have suggested is Yugi VS Astral.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

VolticSurge posted:

I've always thought about watching some of those. Any you Goons would recommend? Only one my friends have suggested is Yugi VS Astral.

The more recent Joey vs Pegasus duel is pretty great, and I highly recommend all of the Arc-V era Japanese duels (so far: Jack Atlas vs Yugo, Yuto vs Yugo, Yuto vs Kurosaki). This one, however, you should skip, since they sorta screwed up Yusei.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My favorite was the Pegasus vs Marik from last year, because they had so much charm and lots of cool cards.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I'm still holding out hope that Sawatari gets an actual duel without jobbing. This duel was pretty fun though but if I didn't like Yuya so much I think his getting every duel in the past 13 weeks or so would start to grate on me.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

serefin99 posted:

The more recent Joey vs Pegasus duel is pretty great

Apparently people in the comments are kinda salty because Pegasus uses an "OP" deck/card (something about a Burning Abyss). Is it really OP? Or are they whining for the sake of whining?

Edit:also,anyone got decent-quality links to those Japanese duels?

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Logicblade posted:

I'm still holding out hope that Sawatari gets an actual duel without jobbing. This duel was pretty fun though but if I didn't like Yuya so much I think his getting every duel in the past 13 weeks or so would start to grate on me.

That's a basic protagonist situation, but I get what you mean. The rest of the Lancers have kind of disappeared from the plot entirely. That said, Yuya's duels since his duel with Jack have been super fun and I love his current personality so I'm not complaining, I do wish the rest got to do some stuff though.