Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Recap of the last 2 episodes:

He really should have stuck to the '5 years later' thing or whatever if the books wind up like the show (hurf durf they're not coming at all) and none of the plots from the last two books matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Seeing Ian McShane reminds that I should get around to watching the Deadwood bluray remaster, a much better HBO show

cocksucker

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I would certify it an A+ mastertroll if that's straight up Arya and she just dies at the beginning of next episode wrapping up her storyline as completely pointless waste of time.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

pointless waste of time.

ASoIaF: pointless waste of time

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

No revenge zombie means the organization that formed to protect the people from marauders does lots of rapey mcpillage.

Man, those were some Rambo 4 levels of "random atrocities as plot device". Maybe worse, since the perpetrators had been previously established as being generally decent.

Have they confirmed that they're not including Lady Stoneheart? Because her sending them back for Clegane is the only way I can imagine that scene making any loving sense.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Have they confirmed that they're not including Lady Stoneheart? Because her sending them back for Clegane is the only way I can imagine that scene making any loving sense.

That would make sense?

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Lycus posted:

That would make sense?

I mean, not really, but marginally more than "Surprise! We just love stabbin' now!" Since she presumably still thinks Clegane is a Bad Dude, that at least gives some sort of motivation.

That particular scene didn't set the "makes more sense" bar incredibly high.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jon travels from Wildling camp, to Bear Island, all the way south to Deepwood Motte in the span of an episode. Arya gets shanked and wisely decides to sterilize the wound with a saltwater bath. Little Sam still 3 months old.

Also, when was the last time the show did a pre-credits teaser?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Decent enough episode. Bronn and the Hound make anything enjoyable.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Poor Bronn. Jaime's all like "sorry for loving you over." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Give Bronn Castamere.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I would certify it an A+ mastertroll if that's straight up Arya and she just dies at the beginning of next episode wrapping up her storyline as completely pointless waste of time.

As much as I like Arya's character, the amount of salt this would generate on the internet would be glorious. We would never need to make anyone pissed of on the internet again, salt would be more plentiful than water.

edit: The bad news is we get out bad threaded by the show directors but sacrifices must be made for the greater troll.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 6, 2016

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Man, those were some Rambo 4 levels of "random atrocities as plot device". Maybe worse, since the perpetrators had been previously established as being generally decent.

Might've been a religious thing, though, or disappointingly just the classic 'bunch of assholes.'

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What a waste of Ian McShane.

Maybe Septon Cocksucker was Frey aligned in his past life and the Brotherood decided anybody hanging out with him and Sandor loving Clegane was worth whacking out? I dunno.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 6, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

McShane did say he took the role because it was small. That's what he had time for.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Normally I'm a loving encyclopedia for these dog poo poo books because I've made nothing but terrible life decisions.

that seriously should be the title of this thread.

why isn't there a 4 hour looped version?

welp, I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Last week I felt like I was maybe done with caring about the show - not sure why, but last week's ep just sucked for me. Jaime was pretty cool, and Bronn is too. Jaime being hooked back on the Cersei is a bit odd, but ok, I can see it. She looks way hotter with short hair too, amirite?

Arya getting shanked really surprised me. ps: a girl is a poo poo assassin.

Thought the preview was cool.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
If aryan had stayed a week longer she would've learned hokuto-no-shinken and would've WATA'd her way out of there

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ian McShane proving he is well above the acting skill curve on Game of Thrones is fine by me.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

nooneofconsequence posted:

Poor Bronn. Jaime's all like "sorry for loving you over." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Don't fuckin' say it. DONT FUCKIN SAY IT."

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Would of been interesting to see the House Mormont Maester react to news of the Others being an actual thing.

A lot of fantastical poo poo is re-appearing in the world at a good clip and it would be interesting to see what Westeros's best answer to a scientist thinks about mythical ice zombies come back to life and whatnot. I guess that will be part of Sams story? Was Aemon in contact with the Citadel and all 'Hey guys, some poo poo is going down up here.'

Wasn't the Nights Watchmen who took Arya up the Kingsroad originally in Kings Landing in the 1st place to warn about the wights and nobody would take him seriously or give him a meeting?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

davecrazy posted:

Would of been interesting to see the House Mormont Maester react to news of the Others being an actual thing.

A lot of fantastical poo poo is re-appearing in the world at a good clip and it would be interesting to see what Westeros's best answer to a scientist thinks about mythical ice zombies come back to life and whatnot. I guess that will be part of Sams story? Was Aemon in contact with the Citadel and all 'Hey guys, some poo poo is going down up here.'

Wasn't the Nights Watchmen who took Arya up the Kingsroad originally in Kings Landing in the 1st place to warn about the wights and nobody would take him seriously or give him a meeting?

in the books at least yoren is down south to pick up prisoners for the wall and rides his rear end off to kings landing to tell ned about tyrion getting arrested at the crossroads in

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Most of these are spot on but I disagree with one or two of them.

Recap of the last 2 episodes:

Sandor's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - True, they didn't need to show us any of this.

Arya's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - Depends what she does next. If she starts doing badass assassin stuff, it'd be weird if we had no context for how she picked it up. It did go on too long though.

Brienne's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - She got to kill Stannis, which was a pretty big deal for her.

Sansa's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - True. Sure, she's been traumatized into being a hardass by the Boltons, but she's had more than enough trauma that could have easily been written to be enough to harden her the gently caress up.

Jon's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - It was boring and predictable, but I don't know if it was pointless. There was some character growth there that he'll need to become 'leader' or whatever, probably.

Dany's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - True. She literally has not changed one bit since she walked out of the fire in season one. If they had cut away from her and not come back til season 7, we would have missed nothing.

Cersei's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - True, if only because they seem to have no idea what to do with her now that she's not going down the book route of total insane leadership.

Jaime's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - True. He went to Dorne and Dorne sucked.

Bran's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - He's fulfilling his role as a flashback device. If that's what it takes to return to content written pre-Feast, I'm all for it.

Theon's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - So did he get his balls chopped off, or just his dick? Withholding judgement on his arc until I know for sure.

Dorne's journey was pointless and now they're moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD. - I want to say that a chance to see Lucius Vorenus's hot wife is never pointless, but otoh gently caress Dorne.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

jsoh posted:

in the books at least yoren is down south to pick up prisoners for the wall and rides his rear end off to kings landing to tell ned about tyrion getting arrested at the crossroads in

Who was the dude who had the weight hand in a glass jar?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Who was the dude who had the weight hand in a glass jar?

That was Thorne I think

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Yeah It was Thorne, he was sent so he and Jon wouldn't kill each other, and also because a knight might get some more respect in the capital.

That backfired because at that point Tyrion was hand and remembered how much of a dick Thorne was when they met so Tyrion let him stew until the hand was fully decomposed so nothing ever came of it. Well other than Tyrion sending Slynt to the wall.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Where did they find this kid playing Lyanna Mormont? She's the best Mormont so far

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Where did they find this kid playing Lyanna Mormont? She's the best Mormont so far

Lyanna Mormont is pretty great. Showcases how Bran and Rickon were just loving around acting like normal kids when they could've been getting poo poo done like Alia Atreides.

BranXLyanna LyBranna

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Good a theory as any...

quote:

It wasn’t Arya it was Jaqen wearing her face

1. Walked like Jaqen, wore hair parted down the middle, threw the coin with the right hand (Arya is left handed)

2. Was too obvious. Arya would have never asked for a cabin. The money was thrown around too casually, even if she was capable of stealing such a sum.

3. Lingering shot of statue on the bridge, maybe sorry to leave. Arya hasn’t been there that long, doesn’t have a particular fondness for the place. Could have stowed away as a cabin boy too easily

4. Jaqen’s life belongs to her. He promised her 3 lives to take for the Red God. He took 2, then she named him as her 3rd. Instead of dying he bargained and agreed to help her escape but then when he left he gave her the coin and told her to come to Braavos. And he gave her the words Valar Morghulis, all men must die. Knowing what we know about their relationship with death there would have been no bargain really. He believes in death

His life is owed to the Red God. No bargain can change his fate and he knows it. He willingly dies in Arya’s place, wearing her face, to fulfill the contract on his own life. He also was testing the Waif who did not fulfill the contract correctly by doing a belly wound instead of killing quickly. Waif is going to go out before he is gone officially. Scenes from next week show Waif running/ chasing possible real Arya

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
That almost makes sense. But then, why would he fight her?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

davecrazy posted:

Good a theory as any...

Her hair wasn't parted.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How is he going to wear her face if she's alive?

The faces in the show seem to just be fancy masks anyway, I'm not sure a grown rear end man can turn into a little girl with one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You don't seem to remember how goofy season 5's finale was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFljgf2USk

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Max posted:

You don't seem to remember how goofy season 5's finale was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFljgf2USk

Oh poo poo. Nevermind then, carry on.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Faceless men arent loving shapeshifters.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

Faceless men arent loving shapeshifters.

Littlefinger can teleport, I think Faceless Men can be shapeshifters

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

ok, i admit all the heroes getting repeatedly owned by a babby child on bear island was real good

best part of the season so far

she was just so sassy

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

This was the best episode of the season so far. Young Mormont is best Mormont, vengeance Hound is best Hound.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Actually enjoyed that. Felt like the show when it was kinda good.

With the brotherhood getting mentioned more and more, and Jaime, Brienne et al converging in the Riverlands, might we actually get Lady Stoneheart?

Where's the siege at in the books by the way? Did Jaime take the castle before being whisked away?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Someone in the show spoiler thread posted this very good explanation of what's going on with Arya found in reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4luqf8/spoilers_everything_why_arya_and_the_waif_are_the/

There is no way this inst true, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Why all the Arya conspiracy theories? She went to Bravvos, got a degree in assassination, almost lost herself, didn't. That's the only way that story was ever going to turn out.