Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Davincie posted:

its by perfect world, so this isn't the game omega force was working on, i hope

I still have no clue what it could end up being. It's most likely aimed for the west so I can't see it being a mainline Warriors title, but I don't think it's the western IP collab they mentioned a while back since I can't see KT being the lead publisher for something even moderately sized in prominence out west since everything I can think of is attached to another publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I finished PW3. I'm still in the mood for some warriors. Is there anything else on the ps4 i should keep my eye on?

I did like the kizuna mechanic at 1st but the more i used it , the more frustrating it got with the whole scene of each character joining in on the kizuna.
Whitebeard was still fun to play as. I just love clearing area's with him.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

"The Greatest Musou In History"

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
"In history?" How presumptuous. If only because they keep topping themselves and then they need to find another phrase.

Unless it's a clue of sorts? It might just be all their franchises together(How'd they persuade Nintendo?). Or it could be something else entirely. Like a Musou dealing with time travel. Prehistoric to modern day. Play with an actual Neolithic Man against dinosaurs. Fight in the Trojan War. Keep the Western Invaders out of South America.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 6, 2016

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Warriors 1

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Real petty of Omega Force to announce their game on my sister's birthday instead of on the 12th for my birthday. She doesn't even like Warriors games you fucks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Minor update: the early translation of the teaser was off. It should read "The most evil Musou in history", some sites use "brutal" instead of evil.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bloodly posted:

Unless it's a clue of sorts? It might just be all their franchises together(How'd they persuade Nintendo?). Or it could be something else entirely. Like a Musou dealing with time travel. Prehistoric to modern day. Play with an actual Neolithic Man against dinosaurs. Fight in the Trojan War. Keep the Western Invaders out of South America.

Policenaut posted:

Minor update: the early translation of the teaser was off. It should read "The most evil Musou in history", some sites use "brutal" instead of evil.

The South Shall Musou Again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

GamaFAQ's is finally gonna get its Musou filled with blood and gore

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So, Berserk then?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a new anime starting in a month or so, so it's not out of the question, I hope it's better than that Arslan game they did recently though.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Policenaut posted:

'Evil', huh?

Didn't Koei or Omega say that they wanted their next Musou to have Western appeal or something like that?

...Resident Evil/Biohazard? There's enough characters on good and evil for it, and with the more recent ones, the characters are getting powerful enough for it, too. Trash characters and lesser commanders are doable, too.

Resident Evil was built off Western horror.

That's my thought on it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

freddy vs jason musou

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Come on Berserk Musou!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dark Souls Musou

(lol)

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dark Souls Musou

(lol)

You play as the monsters and slaughter thousands of player characters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Could it be Berserk?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

As cool as it might be, I just don't see them announcing it at E3 instead of at TGS, unless they also plan to announce that localized copys will be sent out via the worlds slowest boat for the full Berserk experience.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a new anime starting in a month or so, so it's not out of the question, I hope it's better than that Arslan game they did recently though.

ah, confession time. I didn't mind the Arslan musou game

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Warriors Orochi 4?

... I guess not.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bloodly posted:

'Evil', huh?

Didn't Koei or Omega say that they wanted their next Musou to have Western appeal or something like that?

i cant wait to get my hands on minecraft warriors extreme legends edition

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

littleorv posted:

ah, confession time. I didn't mind the Arslan musou game

I honestly really enjoyed it, it was a bit basic but then the first ones always are, was probably the strongest first iteration they've ever done apart from Hyrule Warriors I think.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Berserk would be cool if for no other reason than it will be the first IP they've picked up that I already like and care about in quite a while.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's "evil" because it's based on a historical monster or a horrible event?

Ghengis Khan Musou?
Haitian Revolution Musou?
Andrew Jackson Musou?

...Kim Jong Ill Warriors?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Honestly a Khans Musou was the first thing I thought of and I would probably rather have that than Berserk. Especially since as much as I love retelling anime stories and making up new ones, I definitely prefer the actual (kind of) historical tales.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i know everyone is thinking of berserk, but haven't they been hyping up getting a western franchise for a while anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Game of Thrones Warriors confirmed

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

DMC musou

featuring five different playable dantes

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Vlad Tepes III musou.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

eugh.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Maleketh posted:

It goes up over time, as the miasma increases. Higher miasma levels = more aggressive, more numerous, tougher enemies. They start dropping EXP Fevers around miasma level 65. If that's not happening for you, I couldn't say why.

This deserved an earlier response. I didn't know that higher miasma levels made exp fever more likely so I've started using purple gem stages. I was using red gem stages before believing that there would be no difference. There are still enemies that don't pursue even at miasma level 100 but I'm getting much better results.

Rutibex posted:

You can get an exp farm map DLC for PS3/Xbox. Its not the same one, but it's there.

I had to use it quite a bit recently when I accidentally deleted my saves, and had to power level back up to Chaos level in a hurry.

If you're thinking of Speed is of Essence then I should point out that that doesn't compare to what I'm getting in Gauntlet mode even when things go poorly.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

Despicable Me Warriors, fight all the minions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fereydun posted:

DMC musou

featuring five different playable dantes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This looks oddly familiar.....

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Man, that'd sort of be missing the point now wouldn't it? Though playing as Tyrion in a musou would be hilarious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Death Zebra posted:

If you're thinking of Speed is of Essence then I should point out that that doesn't compare to what I'm getting in Gauntlet mode even when things go poorly.

I'm not talking about that at all! I'm talking about the super secret Gauntlet Mode DLC levels (one of which is an absurd EXP scroll farm)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Arslan was incredibly boring considering we got Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes which took interesting twists on the formula and made it unique enough. Arslan felt boring and bog-standard that tried to jerryrig a gimmick by slapping cards instead of the usual stat-boosts.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like I'm the only person who really disliked DQH.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wouldn't say I didn't like it but I couldn't really get into it for the same reason I couldn't really get into Hyrule Warriors, too much of some other game in my mindless hack and slash game.

I'm glad it's doing well though because both companies can always use good selling titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm a big fan of Warriors games and Dragon Quest games but I didn't really like DQH. Too much DQ not enough Warriors.