Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Uuuggghh

Guess I'll turn it into +11 or whatever after the big patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Is that bad? I have the armour.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I've burned out on the game. If you want to skip the grind and to the endgame, speak up and I'll pm you the account details as per van fem's request when he gave me the account.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I'm thinking about throwing some survey money at the game, but what happens if you buy the starter pack and then don't check in for a few days at some point during that month? Do you just lose those gems or do they queue up for you when you get back? I ask because I've missed some of the daily check in rewards because apparently it doesn't count as a daily check in if you don't use your tablet for anything else for a few days and never actually exit the game :psyduck:.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Is that bad? I have the armour.

Apparently I have to change my stance on that set, it's actually not that bad.

Because the set says it only activates on kills, I thought it would be similar to Friday the 13th where it caps at one activation per turn. Mantra doesn't have a kill limit, so if you somehow manage to nuke down 10 enemies at once, it would cap out immediately. Guess it's not bad but you would need the full 3 pieces because the 2pc effect is absolute rear end.

edit: Although I still find "on kill" sets to be rather lovely because not every situation leads to a kill per turn, so there are times where you can't trigger set effects.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 1, 2016

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Superschaf posted:

I've burned out on the game. If you want to skip the grind and to the endgame, speak up and I'll pm you the account details as per van fem's request when he gave me the account.

PM sent

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So Noblesse event is back again after maint today for an entire month.

:frogsiren:
Please farm and max Muzaka.

Seira is still locked behind a huge paywall and no details on how to obtain Raziel.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Please farm and max Muzaka.

Okay, so. Buy orders for the Noblesse shop:

1) Do the dailies. All of them. Even the noblesse coocoos, if you need to raise any of the noblesse heroes.
2) Buy Raskreia.
3) Buy Frank.
4) Buy the rest of Raskreia's genes.
5) Buy 1 Muzaka set.
6) Buy 1 Raskreia set.
7) Buy 1 Frank set.
8) Buy Frank's costume.
9) Buy 3 more Seira set if you bought her.
10) Buy 3 more Muzaka set.
11) Buy 3 more Raskreia set.
12) Buy 3 more Frank set.
13) Buy perfect genes.
14) Buy the rest of Frank's genes.

You can buy the devil souls along the way to help level heroes as you like.

Note that buying the rest of Frank's genes is dead loving last. This is because Frank is an inexcusably lovely hero whose benefits do not even remotely justify being locked behind a seal. Unlock him, but don't devote any resources to raising him until you have at the very least already finished leveling Raskreia, who is awesome as hell.

Note that even frank's gear ranks above finishing Frank. This is because they're providing enough of his gear to get his items to +13, and the stats on +13 gear will almost certainly justify using them, even if they cost you to unequip and bring no set bonuses.

Noblesse Black Coocoo week 1 breakdown:
1 - Slime King (SS), Magical Girl (S), Girgas Whirlwind (A), Hot Blooded Fighter Boy (SS), Bullet something (S). Slime King is good. Bullet whatever is good. Everything else is loving awful. Probably best to avoid this level entirely.
2 - Daso (SS), Extra Curriculum (S), Ancient Witch's Curse (A), Informaton War (SS), Skilled Martial Artist (S). Daso is Daso. Skilled Martial Artist is a superior version of Unconquered Warlord at 3, requiring only 1 adjacent enemy. Ancient Witch's will add some MP to your area characters, so if you wanna aim for Daso, go for it.
3 - Rebel Army Commander (SS), Outer Space(S), Wild Chaser (A), Arrogant Pureblood (SS), God's Judgment (S). rebel Army Commander is awful, but everything else on this level ranges from good (god's judgment) to absurd (arrogant pureblood). If you're gonna whale the gently caress out, this is probably target #1.
4 - Defender of Earth (SS), Sunset Sheriff (S), New Elian Cavalry(A), Commander of the Central Knights (SS), Austere Noble (S). Sunset Sheriff is okay, but other than that, basically every set here is quality, especially austere noble and defender of earth. Unfortunately, none of them, even defender of earth, is as absurdly broken as Arrogant Pureblood. Still, this is not a bad place to burn crystals if you want 4 star instead of more 3 star sets.
5 - Klein's (SS), Legacy of the High Humans (S), Friday the 13th (A), The Difference Between You And Me (SS), Short in Height, Tall in Stature (S). Klein's at SS, Mini-Klein's at S, Klein Over Time at S. If you have an absurd number of gems, not a bad place to be spending them. Unfortunately, Friday the 13th is a goddamn awful set, and The Difference Between You and Me is inexcusably lovely. I would strongly consider going for 3 or 4 over 5, unless you REALLY want to fish for Klein and Mini-Klein, for which I would not blame you.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

You know now that I think about it, it really does seem that in order to get +13 set items, you would need to merge the same set together judging by what the shop offers. Wouldn't that make the Krut package the absolute worst thing since you only get 1 set and can't transcend it? :shepface:

But seriously, go max Muzaka and transcend his set. Watch as everything in the game turn into a cake walk.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Somefool posted:

You know now that I think about it, it really does seem that in order to get +13 set items, you would need to merge the same set together judging by what the shop offers. Wouldn't that make the Krut package the absolute worst thing since you only get 1 set and can't transcend it? :shepface:

But seriously, go max Muzaka and transcend his set. Watch as everything in the game turn into a cake walk.

Next time Krut comes back they may provide a way to get the set 3 more, or just give the players who paid the absurd amount 3 sets anyway.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

The announcement implied there'd be transcendence tickets (of which everybody's given 1 free of each level) that can be subbed for equipment, and they may be available in other ways, I'm guessing they'll be part of the "other things" available in the guild raid shop.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

If only this were true, but doubling the stats on Muzaka's set isn't going to actually help him all that much, and Muzaka simply isn't that powerful. I have mine tricked out with +10 gear, including his own set, black ranger, and ultimate weapon gold tiger, and he still can't solo Klein or Azrael, for starters, to say nothing of various ToD bosses.

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012
Just got kicked from my pubby guild I had been with since guilds were released a day before the guild rewards... Any room in the goon one? Good gear and high level so I'll be able to contribute to the guild dungeon poo poo.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

There's actually someone who is gone for 22 days in the main goon guild, so I guess there's a space open.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nice Guy posted:

Just got kicked from my pubby guild I had been with since guilds were released a day before the guild rewards... Any room in the goon one? Good gear and high level so I'll be able to contribute to the guild dungeon poo poo.

Hiliarity's been gone 22 days, I kicked him. Send a join request to SwdOfLowtax.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
I applied as Gameday in case their are any other spots.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's a dumb thing to consider:

The daily Noblesse capsules have a chance of giving a piece of set from the event shop. While you might think that means 1 less purchase required, I would still purchase all the sets from the shop even if you can't use it. Why? Because extracting set pieces fill the extraction bar by a gently caress ton. Any excess Noblesse set pieces you have, I would hold onto it and when you have extra refinement materials, refine them as high as possible before extracting. Very costly but probably worth it.

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Hiliarity's been gone 22 days, I kicked him. Send a join request to SwdOfLowtax.

Sent join request as Filishot. Not sure if it has gone through or not.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Trip report for this month's ToD Hard:

-You want disarms. It's early in the month, so start farming Raboff and Gillan if you haven't already. 5* and maxed out 3rd skill on both these heroes is enough.
-Serendi is once again MVP for regular floors. You need her charm otherwise you'll have some really sad times on certain floors.

Surprisingly, Jack is more or less phased out of my party unless the boss is specifically weak to %HP damage. Muza + Krut is insanely good because both can self sustain and have ridiculous aoe coverage on their skills. The most hosed up part is that Muza and Krut can both count as melee AND range. Both of these heroes can deal with enemies that can only be harmed by melee/range skills only.

Anyway, I'm leaving my merc as Yeka for now if anyone lacks crowd control. Yet to run into a Lena required floor but I will switch it over to Lena if necessary.

edit: Floor 60 and 65 might be difficult for people who haven't dealt with these floors before.

Floor 73 is the return of that annoying as gently caress gnomes with tribal war floor. Previously floor 77 of April ToD.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 3, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

gameday posted:

I applied as Gameday in case their are any other spots.

Oldest beyond that are only 1 day old, sorry. Overflowtax might have room.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6488-Developer%E2%80%99s-Note-#12-%96-Guild-Raid-%93Dark-Fortress%94-%96-Our-Intentions

quote:

Developer’s Note #12 – Guild Raid “Dark Fortress” – Our Intentions

Hello, this is JK from FWT Development Team.

We are currently working our best to introduce guild-raid update some time during the next week.

I would like to talk about some of our intentions while we were implementing/developing guild raid, as many of you are quite interested in the previous developer’s notes.

[Kronos vs Lord]

Main “Fun Elements”

Through guild-raid, you fight against powerful bosses of your own hero combination through testing your limits and competing with others.

The important purposes are to achieve unlimited battle scores and compete with other guilds every week.

[Score = Cumulative damage inflicted on the boss]

Auto-play

The scores you can acquire from guild-raid dungeons are unlimited. Thus, the followings need to be taken in consideration to strategically acquire higher scores.

① Character Combination
② Character Settings
③ Character Allocation
④ Guild Skills
⑤ Guild Mercenary

So we tried to promote strategic choices based on the above lists in a fair environment for all the users when competing for higher rankings.

Genuine game skills and decisions from each guild will be important, but we wanted to set up an environment in which intimate cooperation is most promoted between guild members to get higher scores through auto-play.

Additionally, it is an every-day content, so we could not overlook that the nature of manual play would make it unnecessarily tedious over the time.

Therefore, our main direction on the guild raid was to encouraging the most participation from the users while minimizing the stress from it as much as possible.

Cooperation and Competition

Each guild-raid dungeon is favorable for certain properties, types, and skills, so the sixth hero from guild mercenary would act as the most crucial variable.

The strategies and information on each guild-raid dungeon will have to be shared and discussed intimately and thoroughly between guild members to get higher scores for better rewards.

Unlike the Tower of Dawn, a lack of strategies and tactics might still lead to high scores through cooperation between members, so we hope that as many users would participate in guild-raid.

This is all I have prepared for this Developer’s Note.

We promise that we’ll continuously make improvements and changes so that guild-raid can successfully settle down as one of the most enjoyable contents that we can provide. We hope that many of you give us suggestions and feedback.

Thank you.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Updated OP with some current events. :toot:

By the way oh venerable elders of Fantasy War Tactics. Which blue genes character would you recommend a newbie buy first?

Ninjadebugger got you down for recommending Lance in the swampwalk team you recommended for new players.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 4, 2016

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

I still have yet to heavily use any blue heroes.

Most people say Rage and Tao. Alex is good for red exp farming due to AOE stun.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Rage is a solid ranged rock hero.

Tao can be an alternative to Unknown and she has the strongest weakening skill.

Alex is extremely useful for farming rock coocoos.

Shu-Shu can act as a ghetto Nirvana if you need movement buff.

Zero is rear end... assin.

None of them are required to complete the game and in my opinion they're a pain to skill up because it's either wait a month or blow pgenes. The problem with blowing pgenes is that there are much better heroes you can use them on. The other issue is that a 670 blue genes per month is crap because it's not even enough to max out the 3rd skill.

If you don't care about getting every single hero, then Rage is probably the best to invest in because you can use him for both PvE and PvP.

Shu-Shu doesn't need any skilling up if you use her for her +2 movement buff. It only last 1 turn compared to Nirvana's 2 turn buff but it can be applied to multiple heroes due to the line aoe.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

HAHA, gently caress this month's ToD Hard. I'm just starting to notice the little tweaks they made to make reused floors harder. All it does is make it harder for people with weaker gear.

Floor 90 is particularly nasty. It's the floor where the boss is up in your face but there are 2 healing fairies in the back and a huge wall of lasers to the side. The difference is that the total turns given is lowered to 17 from 25. You actually need good damage dealers while building up Hellfire otherwise you run out of turns.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
PSA to lock your set pieces so you can't extract them - I managed to extract a 5* SS piece today (the angel set chest).

Helical Nightmares posted:

Updated OP with some current events. :toot:

By the way oh venerable elders of Fantasy War Tactics. Which blue genes character would you recommend a newbie buy first?

Ninjadebugger got you down for recommending Lance in the swampwalk team you recommended for new players.

To echo what people have already said: If you feel like you could use a good ranged rock damage source you can't go wrong with Rage. Otherwise, Tao has a great attack debuff and the best defense debuff in the game. The others have really niche uses.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Okay so, I just beat 110.

If you can get to the top of the tower, you can win it, guaranteed. I just posted this on reddit, a slightly modified strat posted there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DoEENoLw-Y

Take this strat, but switch the order to Bearman/Mu/Jin. Use exactly the same positioning, except when you move in to attack, send Jin around to the lava patch next to where the enemy ends up.
Swapping the order means the strat is less likely to trigger a counterattack, while sending Jin back to the lava patch means she generates an additional 1 point of bar every turn.
Better, swapping the order minimizes the chance of a counterattack, and if bearman DOES get counterattacked, it won't end the run, because with Jin in that position, you're still generating as many bars per turn as the original run. The only things that can end your run unsuccessfully once you're set up are loving up your attacks or Bearman missing the stun enough that Mu runs out of MP.

e: Ugh, girgas sandstorm. What a lovely set. well, I'm sure somebody could probably use a sword/ring combo that gives an extra 600 hit rate.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 4, 2016

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Am I right in assuming the Wild Chaser set is garbage? Getting access to 2 terrains seems pointless to me.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Mr Confetti posted:

Am I right in assuming the Wild Chaser set is garbage? Getting access to 2 terrains seems pointless to me.

I take it you haven't been to Ashan yet? If you have, you would want that set on everyone who can't cross swamps.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mr Confetti posted:

It also makes the hero get advantage on that terrain (bonus damage and Lord skill accumulation) and counts for heroes that demand certain terrain heroes in your party (like Lance)

It also uses actually decent base items, and not like, maces.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Yeah! Beat TOD Hard.

And I got the Legendary Ranger set (3*, Bow, Boot, Ring, activates when Dodge is at least 30%, +2000 Dodge, 12% Attack)

I'd be tempted to put it on Seira if the transcendence stuff wasn't coming out...

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
The New Elian Kingdom Cavalry set (I have armor and weapon only)... I can see it should probably go on one of my main DPS units. Krut? Carrot? Jack? Kai (I doubt it, I suspect he might fall off my main team soon)? Also just got Muzaka, he might be worthwhile for it. I just can't decide!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mr Confetti posted:

Wild Chaser is loving fantastic, even as a full set. It gives two favored terrains, both of which are your move blocking terrains. This is especially useful in Ashan, but is also useful in the rock golem dungeon in nepthys (shortcutting across the water is a valid tactic for SSing) and TOD and both water and swamp terrains are useful on the water/swamp PVP map. On top of that, with just water walk, you can use weapon/accessory, which avoids boots and can just plunk waterwalk on whatever hero you like.

Iunnrais posted:

The New Elian Kingdom Cavalry set (I have armor and weapon only)... I can see it should probably go on one of my main DPS units. Krut? Carrot? Jack? Kai (I doubt it, I suspect he might fall off my main team soon)? Also just got Muzaka, he might be worthwhile for it. I just can't decide!

Any DPS unit will do, but if you have Outer Space, use it on that person, because the lance counts as a hammer and will boost your crit damage. I prefer Krut if you have him, but Muzaka in a pinch, or Dominique or Seira if you're using them for raw DPS, since hammers have high attack value.

DontMindMe posted:

Yeah! Beat TOD Hard.

And I got the Legendary Ranger set (3*, Bow, Boot, Ring, activates when Dodge is at least 30%, +2000 Dodge, 12% Attack)

I'd be tempted to put it on Seira if the transcendence stuff wasn't coming out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

I got legendary ranger last month from tower, I suggest putting it on Serendi. She kinda wants a dodge build anyway, being so fragile, and her having more attack will help you complete tower next time, too.

Barring that, Carrot or Dominique are my choices, particularly if you have a Ninja Attack to put on them.

As a side note, be on the lookout for a chance to get Brushing Wind, the 4 star set. It's made to pair with Legendary Ranger, in that if Ranger is active, the dodge bonus from that will guaranteed activate Brushing Wind, giving you 1500 defense and 10% damage reduction.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I just started playing and applied for Overflowtax as HailHydrate.

e: that was fast, thanks!

Casull fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 6, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Trying this poo poo out.

I'm sort of amused that it has Noblesse crossovers, since I've read some of that webtoon.

(I would have preferred The Breaker :colbert:)

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So after doing 3x 10 pulls, I somehow managed to total up 9 pieces of Wild Chaser. That's one entire set per pull and got 0 Outer Space, so I can't tell if I should be happy about this.

Anyway, suggestions on which 3 lucky heroes can finally cross over movement blocking terrain? I'm definitely putting them on Jack and Lena so no one can escape HP % Damage, but who gets the third set? I thought about Yeka but it feels like a waste considering she already has water advantage.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

So after doing 3x 10 pulls, I somehow managed to total up 9 pieces of Wild Chaser. That's one entire set per pull and got 0 Outer Space, so I can't tell if I should be happy about this.

Anyway, suggestions on which 3 lucky heroes can finally cross over movement blocking terrain? I'm definitely putting them on Jack and Lena so no one can escape HP % Damage, but who gets the third set? I thought about Yeka but it feels like a waste considering she already has water advantage.

Who do you have that doesn't have a 3 star set? If nothing else, you can use the third set to raise one of the others to +11. Also, you should never be happy to not get Outer Space, best set in the game, especially on the turn 1 PVP maps.

In other news, I managed to finish Battle of Honor at #34, for an extra 250 crystals, mostly on the back of Klein the Counter Machine.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Guess no counter builds for me until Outer Space reappears again. Not sure how many pulls it's going to take to get full APB but with these 3 pulls, it's looking grim.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Guess no counter builds for me until Outer Space reappears again. Not sure how many pulls it's going to take to get full APB but with these 3 pulls, it's looking grim.

No complaints from you. I did 10 10x pulls of 3 star and saw 0 Noblesse capsules, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How do you combine sets pieces for the +11 whatever?

• Locked thread