Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
http://www.twitch.tv/gladomer is good if you like Ranger/Druid WvW roaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
From Gladomer's 24h stream,

What's that torso armor? It's really cool. Heck, what's like all of that armor, a lot of it is very cool

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I literally don't recognize that set at all, and I've basically memorized all the (female)armor in the game. Soooooo

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Magres posted:

From Gladomer's 24h stream,

What's that torso armor? It's really cool. Heck, what's like all of that armor, a lot of it is very cool

It's an outfit. Sentinel.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

shrach posted:

It's an outfit. Sentinel.

Awesome, thank you!

snuffles
Oct 7, 2007

quote:

quote:

What's that armor? It's really cool.
It's an outfit.

:rimshot:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
I stopped playing about a month or two after launch, it wasn't bad or anything, just other stuff happened. Looking to get back into this at Lv 1 again, a) should I buy HoT and b) has it come down in price from "buy the game again" anywhere?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Konig posted:

I stopped playing about a month or two after launch, it wasn't bad or anything, just other stuff happened. Looking to get back into this at Lv 1 again, a) should I buy HoT and b) has it come down in price from "buy the game again" anywhere?

A) Normally I would say wait until you are 80 because nothing about the expansion kicks in for people under 80, but if you really decide you wanna keep playing but don't want to level you get a free level 80 boost for one character when you get the expansion
B) It sometimes goes on sale at green man gaming but otherwise base price is still $50

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

It was just on sale on amazon for 35.

edit: It still is.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

A) Normally I would say wait until you are 80 because nothing about the expansion kicks in for people under 80, but if you really decide you wanna keep playing but don't want to level you get a free level 80 boost for one character when you get the expansion
B) It sometimes goes on sale at green man gaming but otherwise base price is still $50

Ok I'll probs wait for Lv 80 to roll around if I get there, because plans are to play with my SO (due to weird shenanigans around my preorder early access code not being forced to upgrade to the full release serial, I essentially had an extra copy of the base game lying around)

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
This is what it must feel like for our druid

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Invert the arrows and that's my regular raid experience.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I hope none of you wear a loving videogames shirt in public

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I sometimes wear an old, solid black one with a single word in bold, white letters: AGGRO

It doesn't seem to have a negative effect on my social life. In fact, I tend to hold all the attention at the table when we go to pub. Who knows why :iiam:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Videogames shirts are fine if they're not obnoxious. Same for other nerd shirts

(most nerd shirts are obnoxious)

knowonecanknow posted:

This is what it must feel like for our druid

On Sloth it's more like I feel like an idiot consistently because I'm fairly new to doing the fight as a healer, and a lot of times I get so wrapped up juggling health bars and pulling slublings and laying walls that I don't notice when Sloth picks me to be the tank. I'm way too busy on Sloth to notice other people screwing up, outside of the beginning where I sigh sadly when people get downed by the first slam attack. After slublings start spawning I've got too much stuff to do to really notice other people doing silly things.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

i have a shirt with the logo of a video game you might not have heard of it is called GUILD WARS 2 HEART OF THORNS and it is a comfy shirt and i wear it all the time

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Blasphemeral posted:

I sometimes wear an old, solid black one with a single word in bold, white letters: AGGRO

It doesn't seem to have a negative effect on my social life. In fact, I tend to hold all the attention at the table when we go to pub. Who knows why :iiam:

They're still upset about the time you fell off that bridge, but I'm glad to see that limp or not you're still horsing around.

what was the name of the dead girl love interest in Shadow of the Colossus again? I mean, besides Wander Woman

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

CLAM DOWN posted:

You'd have to leave the house first!

/pizza

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

CLAM DOWN posted:

My wife knows I like Guild Wars, so every birthday and christmas I get GW related stuffs. Wives do that.

This year (today, as it happens) it all went a bit odd. The t-shirt was the old one with the gw logo and a silhouette of a dervish. She also bought me a copy of ...Nightfall.

Gotta love em.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

snograt posted:

My wife knows I like Guild Wars, so every birthday and christmas I get GW related stuffs. Wives do that.

This year (today, as it happens) it all went a bit odd. The t-shirt was the old one with the gw logo and a silhouette of a dervish. She also bought me a copy of ...Nightfall.

Gotta love em.

Actually speaking of GW1, I know the servers are still up, anyone know of anywhere you can get all the campaigns and Eye of the North on the cheap? My significant other would go bonkers if I got us a pair of sets to play through GW1 together, she's a total dork for lore and is sad she's never gotten to play through all the old stuff.

E: Amazon has Prophecies+Factions+Nightfall for $30 and EotN for $20 but shelling out $50 for a game that's a decade old is kind of ridiculous, especially when I want two copies.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 6, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they do go on sale occasionally, but 30 bucks for all 3 campaigns is A LOT of game. eye of the north could probably be bought for cheaper at some point later, of course.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The north remembers

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

When are they gonna release some content that will let us go to Eye of the North current location, dammit.

(I'll answer myself, at this rate probably sometime around the year 2022)

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Azazell0 posted:

When are they gonna release some content

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Magres posted:

Videogames shirts are fine if they're not obnoxious. Same for other nerd shirts

(most nerd shirts are obnoxious)

On Sloth it's more like I feel like an idiot consistently because I'm fairly new to doing the fight as a healer, and a lot of times I get so wrapped up juggling health bars and pulling slublings and laying walls that I don't notice when Sloth picks me to be the tank. I'm way too busy on Sloth to notice other people screwing up, outside of the beginning where I sigh sadly when people get downed by the first slam attack. After slublings start spawning I've got too much stuff to do to really notice other people doing silly things.

I will expand on this on Thursday, but after thinking about the situation my conclusion was that you needed to let us fail. If there really was no one left to rezz the downed while you were Fixated then the other 9 players need to be able to learn how to deal with that, and that learning opportunity can only happen if you do your role as the Fixated.

Just something to noodle on. And I'm only calling you out publicly because I know you're strong and this will be turned into a learning opportunity for the whole raid group anyways.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Magres posted:

Actually speaking of GW1, I know the servers are still up, anyone know of anywhere you can get all the campaigns and Eye of the North on the cheap? My significant other would go bonkers if I got us a pair of sets to play through GW1 together, she's a total dork for lore and is sad she's never gotten to play through all the old stuff.

E: Amazon has Prophecies+Factions+Nightfall for $30 and EotN for $20 but shelling out $50 for a game that's a decade old is kind of ridiculous, especially when I want two copies.

Watch the Steam summer sale in a couple weeks I picked up an extra copy of Trilogy last year for $15.

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

Anyone still playing gw1?

PhoenixShen fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 6, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

I will expand on this on Thursday, but after thinking about the situation my conclusion was that you needed to let us fail. If there really was no one left to rezz the downed while you were Fixated then the other 9 players need to be able to learn how to deal with that, and that learning opportunity can only happen if you do your role as the Fixated.

Just something to noodle on. And I'm only calling you out publicly because I know you're strong and this will be turned into a learning opportunity for the whole raid group anyways.

Yeah it was a call where I thought I could juggle being fixated also with rezzing someone because they were in a spot where I could face Sloth away from the group while rezzing, but in the end if I'm having to juggle that much then something's gone screwy because other people should be rezzing. At most I should have just popped Search and Rescue to drag them over to the group and focused on tanking, but even that much is a little bit overkill because I need to save Search and Rescue for stuff like people dying out in the green or going down with/in poison circles and not use it for basic safe(ish) rezzing.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Azazell0 posted:

When are they gonna release some content

*looks at wings*

*scratches head*

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

rip double post

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I raise you the following:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Guest2553 posted:

I raise you the following:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
:golfclap: that oe in the middle

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

ceaselessfuture posted:

:golfclap: that oe in the middle

Yeah he wouldn't want to be confused for the other ae guy.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRLU-vMQtQ

So I found this. Didn't watch it all yet but I just found out Bound works to stealth yourself by using it to dodge out of Black Powder. That's neat I guess.

Solaerin
Mar 11, 2015

Lonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRLU-vMQtQ

So I found this. Didn't watch it all yet but I just found out Bound works to stealth yourself by using it to dodge out of Black Powder. That's neat I guess.

I wouldn't trust any thief players that say Impact Strike isn't their thing, it's p much the most fun skill in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Bound is a leap finisher, much like heartseeker strike

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 7, 2016

• Locked thread