Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Everyone is driving like an absolute moron. It's going to take like 2 hours for the last 40 laps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Do we have a winner in the we paint wieners 400 yet?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
"Thats a big butt right there"

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
This is going to be a repeat of last year's finish where half the field runs out of gas, isn't it.

Because that would be great.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

HOLY SMOLEY

When does NBC coverage start?

Daytona. "We'll take it from here" is their tagline and it's really good.

Forgot to set my Fantasy lineup until Friday. All four drivers were in the Top 11 at the white. None of them ran out of gas. :psyboom:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 6, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lol gonna go out on a limb here and say they are gonna impound the 2

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cygni posted:

lol gonna go out on a limb here and say they are gonna impound the 2

you think? I think that body possibly has been "leaned" on.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Obama has less guards. Nascar jumped all over that car.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

jabro posted:

Obama has less guards. Nascar jumped all over that car.

Yeah I know jalopnik and all gawker poop etc.. but it's pretty obvious at the start of the stop the jack-man just rails into the car with his hands. I'm sure the excuse will be "I fell"

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nascar-officials-hold-up-race-crew-for-illegally-body-s-1780825567

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Blatant cheating in a sport with such integrity is just outlandish! If this keeps up I will have to continue not watching races.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Blatant cheating in a sport with such integrity is just outlandish! If this keeps up I will have to continue not watching races.

It's a shame kuz Pocono is pretty good, it's not a 1.5 mile trioval so it requires like driving and stuff.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"I don't like it when the guy I pissed off once in a Cup car criticizes my team for something they most certainly did. He's just biased toward Not Me."

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/06/06/brad-keselowski-challenges-jeff-gordons-comments-raises-questions-about-who-is-in-tv-booth/

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I haven't seen this posted in a while so I just wanted to remind everyone about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDDvlcNSMo

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Thanks for all the advice. Managed to catch some of the race. Stewart sucked per usual. Ah well. Maybe ill dartboard a guy to root for

Edit: Fuckin LOL at Keselowski/Gordon. Might have to find this "dust up" from 2014

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 7, 2016

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Had lunch with brad last week. Such a smart, switched-on guy but he has the most hilarious chip on his shoulder about everything sometimes. Comes with a territory when you work in an industry dominated by the psychotically competitive I guess

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Had lunch with brad last week. Such a smart, switched-on guy but he has the most hilarious chip on his shoulder about everything sometimes. Comes with a territory when you work in an industry dominated by the psychotically competitive I guess

It's gotta be hard being one of the younger guys, yet being arguably better than most. I'd prolly have a chip on my shoulder, too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo, how is brad 32 already? i thought he was like logano's age.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

wicka posted:

holy poo poo, how is brad 32 already? i thought he was like logano's age.

started the same time, but no one said Brad was sliced bread when he was 12 and he came in the hard way

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Brad did have some development driver years IIRC, but yeah, he raced for his dad's truck team and some god-awful Busch teams too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i don't really know what brad has ever done or could possibly do to make people dislike him considering the permanent awesomeness of his post-championship sportscenter interview

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I like Kes because he's outspoken, but when he swings and misses on his soapbox, he whiffs hard.

TheHoosier posted:

Thanks for all the advice. Managed to catch some of the race. Stewart sucked per usual. Ah well. Maybe ill dartboard a guy to root for

Edit: Fuckin LOL at Keselowski/Gordon. Might have to find this "dust up" from 2014

Smoke was having a good day until his wreck, to be fair. Racin'.

Gordon/Kes is on YouTube and was fueled in part by the fact that Gordon secretly knew he was going to announce his retirement that offseason and 2014 may have been his last, best chance at another title.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 7, 2016

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

CactusWeasle posted:

HOLY SMOLEY

When does NBC coverage start?

Agreed. I'm only saying that now because the race was spoiled by FS1 while I was watching the race. I tried to DVR the race live Monday but somehow that didn't work and instead had to DVR the replay of it. During the replay of the race they were also SCROLLING THE RESULTS of it across the bottom line ticker. I get that it is a race that already happened but if you're going to the trouble of playing it a second time you'd think that at least some people out there are seeing it for the first time and don't want the results scrolled across the bottom of the screen because they don't know what happened yet. Whatever, on to Michigan.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Oh wow, NASCAR talked about Tim Richmond on Facebook. I guess we're allowed to talk about him again?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Interesting race. Pocono is one of my favourite tracks to watch.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm using rabbit ears for TV for a couple days and found that I actually do get American Sports Network, which I turned to and found ARCA from Salem on right now.

If you're interested in seeing some of the ARCA races they have this year, here's an affiliate list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Sports_Network#List_of_affiliates

They're also apparently showing Smoke's All-Star Sprint Cars series a few times:

quote:

The tape-delayed schedule kicks off with the May 21 race at Wilmot (Wis.) Raceway and continues with the May 27 race from Attica (Ohio) Raceway Park. The schedule also includes the Ohio Sprint Speedweek finale at Eldora Speedway, the Lou Blaney Memorial at Ohio’s Sharon Speedway, the inaugural Dirt Classic Indiana at Kokomo (Ind.) Speedway, and the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions season finale at Ohio’s Atomic Speedway.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Lebanon Valley kicked the Outlaws out and the All-Stars took their date :laugh:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Astv has arca on a lot it's cool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/741336264654389248

This race is at 5:30. :allears:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

This is the most ARCA thing ever.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

“My big thing is that I don’t want somebody that is invested in another team talking about my race car in a derogatory form or a perceived derogatory form. I don’t think that is right and I am going to defend my team in those situations no matter who it is. It doesn’t have to be one particular person. Beyond that, I think he has a position that requires his insight but there are some limitations to what insight I think is fair play for that position when you are still invested in the sport. I feel like that was over the line.”

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2016/06/Brad-Keselowski-Meets-Jeff-Gordon.aspx

Brad is about the only person that cares about this at this point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rico. :negative:

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

So loving close...

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Like, they loving did it though, right? :psyduck:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Harveygod posted:

Like, they loving did it though, right? :psyduck:

"Right, but don't pay attention to the fact that my jackman leaned into the door to dent the car in a manner which would create a potential advantage like we also may or may not have done at Las Vegas. Pay attention to the obvious bias displayed by the investor in the team which partially helped me get to Sprint Cup in the first place. I take offense to the fact that he's picking on MY TEAM for something they most obviously did and, in true 21st Century fashion, can't accept that my metaphorical family did something wrong and was called out for it. Shame on him for daring to criticize our ingenuity."

e- C'mon FOX, don't feed the troll: https://twitter.com/keselowski/status/741279873054957569

https://twitter.com/chevyman181/status/741417560499978244

:thurman:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 11, 2016

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

"Hay guise, we are super not racist, we promise!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4-adNo0zs

Chase Elliott notably missing.

E: For the record, I think it's cool of Bubba, Kyle, Jimmie and Joey to participate in this. Nothing against them. I just think Brian France saying he supports the fight against discrimination while supporting a presidential candidate who wants to ban entire groups of people from entering the country is pretty disingenuous.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 11, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's hilariously hypocritical but at least serves to counteract the trump poo poo. And D4D at least predates the trump support.

Every time I think about those drivers and France endorsing trump I die a little more inside

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's hilariously hypocritical but at least serves to counteract the trump poo poo. And D4D at least predates the trump support.

Every time I think about those drivers and France endorsing trump I die a little more inside

That's why I'm going to focus on this. Also because I think Larson and Bubba are awesome. Hopefully Brian France can limit his bumbling ineptitude to the racetrack, at least until November.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

at least chase elliott is just a 20 year old idiot hanging out with his dad, i don't think he's genuinely a trash person inside like the rest of them

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

SUAREZ VIVA MEXICO AYAYAYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Holy gently caress that finish.

• Locked thread