Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rondette posted:

These opinions, to me, seem to contradict each other.

Nah, it's quite consistent. He wants to stop women from being able to access contraception and abortions so that they can't have sex without risking pregnancy, and take away welfare payments so that they once they have a child they can't get by without the support of a man. So basically he wants to curtail women's freedom and make them entirely dependent on and subservient to men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fwiw, tire tyre reefs actually were a terrible idea

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I don't think wrestlers count as "real people" though. At least when it comes to names.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

So do real men not poo poo? Or do they just wear tearaway pants?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cleretic posted:

So do real men not poo poo? Or do they just wear tearaway pants?

*fails to doff suspenders and highwaisted pants in time to get on the commode, fouling himself with runny poops.*

"Did I do that?!"

*cue laughtrack*

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fathis Munk posted:

I don't think wrestlers count as "real people" though. At least when it comes to names.

It is his birth name, though.

He could've also gone the way of the Ultimate Warrior and legally changed his name that way.

And under British common law, wrestlers can make the case that their "legal names" – which don't really exist in British law – are what they go by in the ring.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tiggum posted:

Nah, it's quite consistent. He wants to stop women from being able to access contraception and abortions so that they can't have sex without risking pregnancy, and take away welfare payments so that they once they have a child they can't get by without the support of a man. So basically he wants to curtail women's freedom and make them entirely dependent on and subservient to men.

Better listen to this guy I'm pretty sure he's god. The mean old testament god. The one who told a dude to stab his son for shits and giggles.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
In lighter news, Sesame Street wish Muslims "Ramadan mubarak" and there isn't a negative comment to be seen. :3:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I absolutely thought I would find a dissenting comment about obummer terrism, but I gave up looking. Either Sesame Street brings out the best in people, or they are hawks with comment moderation.

The worst I could find were people :spergin: about the inaccuracy with the picture with the waxing vs. waning moon, in like the nicest possible way.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Samfucius posted:

I wasn't sure if I should put this here, or in the Schadenfreude thread, but someone tried to scam me by setting up a profile as someone I already knew (hence why the fb chat messages are edited, they used this person's real name and photo). I caught on pretty much instantly, and I strung them on for quite a while. They even had a second person in on it via text. I'm gonna post the first image here, and then the album link:

Rest of album:
http://imgur.com/a/m92la

I tried to edit out all the personal info, let me know if I miss something. There's no such person as Lauren, btw. I don't care about my google plus image, it's super old and I never use Google plus any more. I left the scammer's number in on purpose. Oh, and facebook deleted their messages shortly after I outed them, so I had to write them back in.

The bit about being convicted of buggery cracked me right the gently caress up, nice work

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

:catstare:

Bonus points for her profile picture being a military cemetery.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If those pants are legit belted at his waist, that man has just a terrible rear end.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pastry of the Year posted:

If those pants are legit belted at his waist, that man has just a terrible rear end.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

King of the Hill reboot viral marketing looking good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why are people getting mad about saggy pants all over again twenty years later?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Because they aren't allowed to say "friend of the family" any more.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Because most baby boomers cultural references are legitimately stuck 20 or 30 years behind. They are still complaining about gangsta rap, which was a trend from approximately 1988 to 1992.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ularg posted:

I should feel bad for not knowing who that was, and then when looking him up his wikipedia has the "Criminal prosecution and sexual abuse" section buried near the bottom.

Rep. that other Rep's defended, saying he's a good guy and that 15 months was too harsh a sentence.

Imgur is loving loving this and it seems kinda gross to me. Anyone have any idea what the context is? They're absolutely useless.

http://i.imgur.com/grmPnOn.webm

http://imgur.com/grmPnOn

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

RareAcumen posted:

Rep. that other Rep's defended, saying he's a good guy and that 15 months was too harsh a sentence.

Imgur is loving loving this and it seems kinda gross to me. Anyone have any idea what the context is? They're absolutely useless.

Where and what the gently caress is with the camera? I'm trying to parse how the camera is where it's at unless the camera person is literally shoving it in between the two.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Garrand posted:

Where and what the gently caress is with the camera? I'm trying to parse how the camera is where it's at unless the camera person is literally shoving it in between the two.

Separate cop moving in when he's down. There's a right hand holding the shoulder and a right hand with a bracelet on the torso at the end. The cop who lays that massive toss is wearing the bracelet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

This is an entirely proportional response to someone wearing sandals with socks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

One in my 6th grade art class made crude sex jokes about banging girls in the class. I'm not even sure if he really understood what he was doing or if he was just imitating adults, but his general behavior was really lovely and mean and I'm pretty sure he was raised by awful parents.

I think almost everyone knew a guy like that in late-elementary school. There was this one guy on my baseball team who used to love going up to people and saying "DID YOU KNOW YOUR PARENTS HAD SEX???"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ytlaya posted:

I think almost everyone knew a guy like that in late-elementary school. There was this one guy on my baseball team who used to love going up to people and saying "DID YOU KNOW YOUR PARENTS HAD SEX???"

I'm adopted so you can't prove that!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think Sesame Street is so beloved that nobody really wants to be the guy to publicly poo poo on it. It reminds me a bit of how Disney recently implemented metal detectors and "random" selection of guests for extra screening on entry to try and prevent any weapons from being snuck in. There was already extremely little violence at the parks compared to outside in the rest of Florida and almost zero weapon usage (the only gun violence case I could find was a crazy guy in the 80s showing up at Epcot with a shotgun after closing to kill his ex). I think the reason is that nobody, no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat they are, wants to be known as "The guy who stabbed someone at the Magic Kingdom".

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
It's like when Mr Rodgers car got stolen and the thieves returned it with an apology note. Nobody wants to be the person who robbed Mr Rodgers.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

chitoryu12 posted:

I think Sesame Street is so beloved that nobody really wants to be the guy to publicly poo poo on it. It reminds me a bit of how Disney recently implemented metal detectors and "random" selection of guests for extra screening on entry to try and prevent any weapons from being snuck in. There was already extremely little violence at the parks compared to outside in the rest of Florida and almost zero weapon usage (the only gun violence case I could find was a crazy guy in the 80s showing up at Epcot with a shotgun after closing to kill his ex). I think the reason is that nobody, no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat they are, wants to be known as "The guy who stabbed someone at the Magic Kingdom".

There is also the fact that Disney routinely covers up anything like that to avoid bad PR. There will be records and police reports, they they will be buried in such a way that there is no realistic way of finding them.

Its kind of like the Riverwalk in San Antonio. You go there, you see how it is(a bunch of drunk as hell people crowded on pathways right next to the river with no barrier) and assume people fall in all the time. Can't find a single report of a drowning tho. Ask the bartenders on the street, and they will give you a guarded non-answer about it.

Major tourist spots do this thing, otherwise the tourist dollars dry up.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Tiggum posted:

Uh, yeah, it's called traditional roles. Tradition is very important. Like spelling Matthew with two Ts.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mr. Rogers would probably have just given them his car if they asked him.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i dont have a screenshot but just got blocked on fb

some guy posted an article about transgender athletes obliterating biologically female athletes and said he was ok with it so i was like yeah let's get rid of weight classes and age separation i definitely want to see an 8 year old playing with a 30 year old it'll just encourage the 8 year old to get better

dude starts flipping out at me about how i'm a pedo etc so i posted man vs toddler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5DfWN3fWU

and he blocked me

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

This is probably a fact. Fucker really was just that nice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nostalgia Critic did a video on 'is whitewashing still a thing?" and he- obviously as that's the most explicit case that people are annoyed about that's in the news right now- brings up the Ghost in the Shell movie. He had a good point about it with someone asking actual Japanese people if they cared about it or not and the people that were asked didn't seem to mind. He almost had some good points until lol at 'So where does it end? Do we need to find a blind actor to play any blind actor, or a deaf one to play every deaf role?' And then it goes all the way to loving Mr/Ms. Garrison from South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUdQpuVRtw

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I actually had a dude do this to me. I was working at some call center, and while we were in training he would ride to my house with me to get lunch, which is pretty normal. Once we got out of training, and didn't have lunch at the same time, I walked up to him and asked him for his keys as a joke. I nearly fell over when he handed them to me, and didn't understand why I was so surprised.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Random Mr. Rogers trivia: Roger Corman filmed secondary footage for Mr. Rogers in the program's early years (like, if Mr. Rogers was talking about going to the park, he would get Roger Corman to shoot some footage of a park for the show).

This is not true; it was actually George Romero! Wise goons corrected my brain freeze below. I don't know how I spaced out that badly. :420:

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 03:34 on Jun 7, 2016

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

FordPRefectLL posted:

some guy posted an article about transgender athletes obliterating biologically female athletes and said he was ok with it so i was like yeah let's get rid of weight classes and age separation i definitely want to see an 8 year old playing with a 30 year old it'll just encourage the 8 year old to get better

dude starts flipping out at me about how i'm a pedo etc so i posted man vs toddler

and he blocked me

We have reached average goon.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Random Mr. Rogers trivia: Roger Corman filmed secondary footage for Mr. Rogers in the program's early years (like, if Mr. Rogers was talking about going to the park, he would get Roger Corman to shoot some footage of a park for the show).

George Romero, of Night of the Living Dead fame, also did some filming work for Mr Rogers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

e:↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
:argh:

AlbieQuirky posted:

Mr. Rogers was also a friend of George A. Romero. Romero's first real gig was filming a segment for Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Apperently Rogers liked both Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead but wasn't a fan of Romero's idea of casting the woman who played Lady Aberlin as Judy in Night of the Living Dead. Judy is the girl who gets killed in an explosion and then her remains are eaten by ravenous revenants.

Mr. Rogers had some serious connections in the B-movie business.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

FordPRefectLL posted:

and he blocked me

Do you guys enjoy your girlfriends for reasons other than sex? (self.TheRedPill)
submitted 1 day ago by serenity78 to /r/TheRedPill

Girlfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago. Since then, fleshlight + VR= girlfriend without costs. (self.MGTOW)
submitted 1 day ago by serenity78 to /r/MGTOW

I've been pondering sex and sexual release a lot lately. Busting a nut so I can think clearly now seems like another piece of "maintenance" I have to perform on my body, akin to exercising, eating, or brushing my teeth. $100 for a fleshlight feels like a great investment, considering it doesn't nag. (self.MGTOW)
submitted 20 hours ago by serenity78 to /r/MGTOW

It's telling that the most reliable way to make parents angry is explaining you don't want children, and the most reliable way to make women angry is explaining you don't want a girlfriend. Misery loves company. (self.MGTOW)
submitted 20 hours ago by serenity78 to /r/MGTOW

Reddit users that have gently caress you money, what "gently caress you's" have you used it for? (self.AskReddit)
submitted 13 hours ago by serenity78 to /r/AskReddit

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Something not racist or sexist for a change.