Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The Rage posted:

Was really hoping the new Marvel sets would go up for sale today too. I really want that Spider-Man bridge set.

Stoked to pick up some of those Marvel Super Heroes display cases that came out today though.

Brickset is working on their review of the bridge set so surely it'll be soon. I'm excited about the DC ones, I don't have any version of the bat tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm pretty sure I read that it was partially glued. Kid was just a purist.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The Targets near me had the Lego Dimensions on sale for $45, so I picked it up for the Wii U.

I'm finding it fun, I've played the story mode and the Portal and Midway arcade levels. The Portal stuff is mostly fun for Fanservice.

If anyone is looking to get into the game, pick up Cyborg, he's got like 5 good skills among his 8 or 9, but a lot of his skills are good in combination with other skills he has. Like Dive and Laser Eyes.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
My kid is almost 4 so i'm using him as an excuse to be a manchild and get into Lego. I just searched my local classifieds and there is a guy selling random bricks by the Kilo. Roughly how many pieces am I looking at in a Kilo?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

xcore posted:

My kid is almost 4 so i'm using him as an excuse to be a manchild and get into Lego. I just searched my local classifieds and there is a guy selling random bricks by the Kilo. Roughly how many pieces am I looking at in a Kilo?

Really depends on the size of the bricks in the lot. And you gotta be careful with bulk like that he might be throwing in a bunch of non-lego just to get the weight up.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

So that's where all those old Arctic walls-with-windows ended up...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/snowleopard/26817148564/in/photostream/

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Local guys selling by the pound or kilo, especially in small quantities, are not always the most trustworthy. Could be junk bricks, off brand, etc.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Or just a giant pile of 2*4 bricks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Certainly the best option would be to just go look at them and see if it seems like a good selection/ Isn't a bunch of megablocks or something?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This was a fun build.

Even gave me some cool ideas for some other MOC stuff...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is BrickLInk still the best way to buy serious bulk?

I'm going to need a total of about 300 + 300 + 400 (1x4, 1x2 and 1x1 respectively...) pieces and at averaging between 10 cents and 20 cents per brick I guess I'm looking at like, over 150 bucks.

Will BrickLink sellers offer a bulk rate?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Feenix posted:

I'm going to need a total of about 300 + 300 + 400 (1x4, 1x2 and 1x1 respectively...) pieces and at averaging between 10 cents and 20 cents per brick I guess I'm looking at like, over 150 bucks.

Depending on color, you can get them cheaper. You can get 300 1x4 black bricks from a seller in Germany for $.06 per brick.

Make a wanted list and you'd be able to find out pretty easily.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Feenix posted:

You should be able to manage good prices on bricklink. I used to pad out my orders with various 1xX bricks in blue. Here is 100 1x1 blues at 1 cent each: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DetBrk&itemID=87929987

and here is 555 at 1 cent each: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jeremmy&itemID=44617582

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Trying to clear out a bit of space in the house, wondering if anyone would be interested in the following sets. All of them were built once, no missing pieces, have mint manuals, no box. Send me a PM?

Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
B-Wing

Edit: Willing to do mostly a 1:1 trades for any other UCS or larger sets...

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 5, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Welp... 480 bricks I just bought on Bricklink from various places.

That's a thing I just did at 11:22pm on this fine Saturday evening.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

obi_ant posted:

Trying to clear out a bit of space in the house, wondering if anyone would be interested in the following sets. All of them were built once, no missing pieces, have mint manuals, no box. Send me a PM?

Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall

Got an e-mail? Those modulars look appealing. I'm at kumatonsa@yahoo.com.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 5, 2016

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Kumaton posted:

Got an e-mail? Those modulars look appealing. I'm at kumatonsa@yahoo.com.

Sending you an e-mail now.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

B-Wing is gone!

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

obi_ant posted:

B-Wing is gone!

Thanks for the quick response - been looking for a good deal on one of these for a long time.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Grand Emporium
Town Hall

I'd be interested in these as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Productive day. :toot:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

TheMadMilkman posted:

I'd be interested in these as well.

Sending you a PM.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I got my German Footballer minifigs from Hopper yesterday! Thanks for indulging my irrational collector mentality!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish Lego made a piece that was just basically a motorcycle seat for a minifigure so you could actually make custom bikes. I've always wanted to give kanedas bike a shot from Akira.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Pyroclastic posted:

I got my German Footballer minifigs from Hopper yesterday! Thanks for indulging my irrational collector mentality!

Saw on thebrickfan that they're sold out now and not making any more. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pyroclastic posted:

You are most welcome. Glad they arrived that fast. (1 day from Munich to NY and then 2 days from NY to the NY distribution center was funny though)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Grand Emporium and Town Hall are gone!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Grand Emporium and Town Hall are gone!

Glad to have been of service!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NESguerilla posted:

I wish Lego made a piece that was just basically a motorcycle seat for a minifigure so you could actually make custom bikes. I've always wanted to give kanedas bike a shot from Akira.

Check out this dudes for inspiration.

http://imgur.com/a/AIH9D

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Still have a couple of footballers:

mustafi x 2
schuerrle x 3
khedira x 2
oezil
schweinsteiger

if a trade falls through I'll also still have
Kroos
Mueller
oezil

I'd prefer getting rid of more than one at a time since getting to the post office is a bit of a pain.

Ika fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 6, 2016

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Are we still swapping Disney minifigs in here? I'm looking for:

* Buzz Lightyear
* Minnie Mouse
* Mr. Incredible
* Toy Story Alien

I have duplicates of:

* Alice
* The Cheshire Cat (I have four Cheshire Cats, please trade me for a Cheshire Cat)
* Daisy
* Donald
* Syndrome
* Peter Pan
* Captain Hook

I also have a bunch of duplicates from the last couple series, excluding Simpsons, if there's something anybody's looking for.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I like the really compact look of the Pet Shop, would the Detective’s Office be good addition to it? Also, I noticed that the Brick Bank has a small shop next to it too, do you guys think that would be a good look if I'm trying to make a "cramped" "city-like" feel to it? So, Brick Bank -> Pet Shop -> Detective's Office.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

obi_ant posted:

I like the really compact look of the Pet Shop, would the Detective’s Office be good addition to it? Also, I noticed that the Brick Bank has a small shop next to it too, do you guys think that would be a good look if I'm trying to make a "cramped" "city-like" feel to it? So, Brick Bank -> Pet Shop -> Detective's Office.

I think that'd form a cohesive look, like downtown NYC from 75 years ago

Dogen
May 5, 2002

"Aw, die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft?"

"I don't know Homer, I think owning die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft is pretty good."

Thanks again Ika!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I dunno, mounting soccer players on bases that keep them from falling over when you touch them seems like a betrayal of the spirit of the game.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Apollodorus posted:

I dunno, mounting soccer players on bases that keep them from falling over when you touch them seems like a betrayal of the spirit of the game.

Ika had them mounted flat to the plates when shipping so I like to think they got the flops out of their system on the trip to the USA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Check out this dudes for inspiration.

http://imgur.com/a/AIH9D

There seem to be some really good ones out there on a bigger scale but I want to make it minifigure scale.

This guy's is loving perfect though so I might as well try to reverse engineer it.

I wonder how much tomfoolery is going on with some of those connections though.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Apollodorus posted:

amazing :D

Ika fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 6, 2016

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yeah that's brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

obi_ant posted:

I absolutely love how my Pet Shop looks next to the Detective Agency, there is so much detail in those two buildings. Plus I have Batman chasing Catwoman on top of them too, so there is that m