Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Fairy Tail characters forgive anything.

Shall I talk about forgiveness creep again? :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
New chap up on MS. Best in years.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Way to go Mest. What are the chances of Gajeel's "death" actually sticking? I say 0%

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Way to go Mest. What are the chances of Gajeel's "death" actually sticking? I say 0%
It's Fairy Tail.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It's not a question of "if", but "when" and "how".

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I was going to say that this was a really good chapter. But then Mest decided to poo poo all over it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Fabricated posted:

It's Fairy Tail.

He "died" by getting sent through an Interdimensional Rift.

It's 0%.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair to Mest it's a miracle he's not completely insane at this point.

He gets all of the ugliest poo poo to do in Fairy Tail, and keeps having to blank his and everyone's memories over and over where everyone else gets to just punch poo poo.

Every time Mest does anything he has to wonder if it really happened, or if it's really happening, or if he has done it before because the guildmaster of the week told him to do it in accord to some mysterious plan that never gets shared with the rest of the guild they claim to love so much.

Basically, it sucks being Mest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Good old heroic guild Fairy Tail, brainwashing a prisoner to stab someone important to her who trusted her and was amenable to talking things out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

chumbler posted:

Good old heroic guild Fairy Tail, brainwashing a prisoner to stab someone important to her who trusted her and was amenable to talking things out.
Why do the reasonable thing when there's another mage to punch out?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Angry Grimace posted:

He "died" by getting sent through an Interdimensional Rift.

It's 0%.

If Gajeel isn't back by the end of the year, I'd be surprised.

I'd add a :toxx:, but I don't know what I should do.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gajeel will show up in his super upgraded "Iron Dragon of the Underworld" form to friendship punch Acnologia. Still, even knowing the death probably won't stick, that was a legitimately good chapter. The flashback into flash-forward montage was really well done.

And yeah Mest's life loving sucks. He's trying to approach problems in a logical manner and logic doesn't work in fairy tail.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I don't know if I would even call what Mest did logical, though, as "Don't stab the guy you're negotiating with" seems to be the most logical thing to do....

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also assuming that anyone in Fairy Tail would die from being stabbed.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Robviously posted:

I don't know if I would even call what Mest did logical, though, as "Don't stab the guy you're negotiating with" seems to be the most logical thing to do....

Well there seems to be a ton of fanatics on zeref's side and I don't think "attempt to kill the most powerful wizard in the world when his guard is down" is a completely illogical thing to do.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Monaghan posted:

Well there seems to be a ton of fanatics on zeref's side and I don't think "attempt to kill the most powerful wizard in the world when his guard is down" is a completely illogical thing to do.

Pretty illogical to make an assassination attempt literally seconds after he agrees to hear you out, because maybe you have a point. Especially if your plan is to just stab the magic guy. Eating magic poison, being transmuted into a crystalline glob, and literally dying, are all well known failed ways to kill someone. A knife sure as gently caress isn't going to do it, even Lucy could handle that poo poo.

Not that there's much point in even reading this until Gajeel turns back up. Who are you even supposed to root for without him and Levy?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Monaghan posted:

It's less the motive and more the method/timing of it. Wanting to kill the most powerful wizard in the world when his guard is down is perfectly logical. Doing so after he agreed to negotiate and using someone who thinks a knife in the gut will do it is the stupid part.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Monaghan posted:

With a knife?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

With a knife?

Brandish magnified the knife into an enormous sword with her magic. Plus magical power (aside from things that modify the user's body like Dragon Slayer magic) presumably doesn't give you a passive durability boost.

It was doomed to fail due to shonen plot logic, though; you can't kill someone whose powers haven't been fully revealed yet.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Mest, you idiot.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

Brandish magnified the knife into an enormous sword with her magic. Plus magical power (aside from things that modify the user's body like Dragon Slayer magic) presumably doesn't give you a passive durability boost.

It was doomed to fail due to shonen plot logic, though; you can't kill someone whose powers haven't been fully revealed yet.

No matter how big a sword she turned it into, that wouldn't have even taken out any of the upper-mid tier Fairy Tail people. It's a real lovely plan for a guy that's supposed to be beyond Dragon Slayer/Wizard Saint/Erza level.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Should've made Brandish do a diagonal slash instead, surely that would kill him.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
To perhaps distract everyone from the death of Gajeel, it was announced earlier today (yesterday? I'm bad with Japanese time-zone conversions) that the latest Dead or Alive DLC will be Fairy Tail based. Characters will receive costumes to look like FT characters, in what is probably the closest you would get to an English release of a FT game. Considering both franchises love of fanservice, I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kuroyama posted:

To perhaps distract everyone from the death of Gajeel, it was announced earlier today (yesterday? I'm bad with Japanese time-zone conversions) that the latest Dead or Alive DLC will be Fairy Tail based. Characters will receive costumes to look like FT characters, in what is probably the closest you would get to an English release of a FT game. Considering both franchises love of fanservice, I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

That mermaid outfit looks horrid.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I understand it's probably not a mermaid tail par-cé but that's gotta be impractical as heck.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
It's Dead or Alive. Outfits aren't meant to be practical, they're meant to be sexy.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

DoA is more fan servicey than Mashima. That's saying something.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It has always been so. Dead or Alive has one of the few games to unashamedly call their boob jiggle physics a feature and put it on the back of the box.

It's more saying something that Mashima has generally stuck to his fanservice formula fairly consistently.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

It has always been so. Dead or Alive has one of the few games to unashamedly call their boob jiggle physics a feature and put it on the back of the box.

It's more saying something that Mashima has generally stuck to his fanservice formula fairly consistently.

I don't remember early arcs having so much near nudity and boobs. Like phantom lord/everlue/lullaby/galuna.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

jiffypop45 posted:

I don't remember early arcs.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Mashima's worst problem with fanservice is choosing when to implement it. Countless chapters have had the mood ruined with a poorly-timed boob or rear end shot.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

jiffypop45 posted:

I don't remember early arcs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I barely remember the current arc

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Andrast posted:

I barely remember the current arc

To be fair it's probably one of the worst yet.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Modern Shonen has one hell of a landing problem.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
New chapter out

Part of me really, really hopes that Mashima just rebooted the series and is starting all over from scratch. I don't think that's what this is, but what a laugh that would be.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

New chapter out

Part of me really, really hopes that Mashima just rebooted the series and is starting all over from scratch. I don't think that's what this is, but what a laugh that would be.

:same:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

New chapter out

Look, she's just accessed the Source Wall and sent everyone to universe 616 where they will face their Ultimate fate at the hands of the Fairy Tail of Earth One. I'm sure Edolas is either a Mirror Universe or simply an alternate dimension.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
dragon's crown sorceress casts level 69 deus ex machina

will it work on the rear end in a top hat who ate all the dragons? find out next time on, "oh gently caress I didn't want to end the series yet time for a reboot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Well that was a chapter.
Can't wait to see Ultimate Fairy Tail.

• Locked thread