Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Not sure if I'm retarded (real possibility) but I can't get Lucio's wall run to work. You have to have the speed aura and boost going to do it?

Edit: oh you have to hold down space. Got it finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Dias posted:

"Lúcio is not fun because I don't get to jerk off watching my POTG" is all I'm hearing, boys. :colbert:

finally someone who gets me

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Grammaton posted:

Not sure if I'm retarded (real possibility) but I can't get Lucio's wall run to work. You have to have the speed aura and boost going to do it?

you just have to jump towards a wall and then hit the jump button as you hit that wall then hold the jump button for as long as you want to stay gliding on that wall.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean a decent chunk of them are which is more than I can say for most games. I think it's just Torbjorn/Mercy/Reinhardt/Junkrat/Pharah that aren't

Tracer has the worst English accent I think I've ever heard. It's someone badly attempting to do a cockney accent. It's Dick van Dyke levels of bad :(

e: This dude does great wall riding videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0ePK5ia50

Listen to him, he's a pro.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The only fun supports are Symmetra and Zenyatta because they can actually kill poo poo like it's their job but they are also barely supports.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Is zenyatta the disc priest of OW? I loved playing a disc priest in WoW and shielding people then going on offense to put out decent damage

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If you don't think Lúcio and Mercy are fun, then you're not using their mobility nearly enough

Mercy is an anthropomorphic personification of a ping-pong ball

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i think mercy's real fun, whipping out a pistol and watching a tracer or mcree or reaper eat the bullets out of the barrel like pacman is great, you just dont get potgs

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Is zenyatta the disc priest of OW? I loved playing a disc priest in WoW and shielding people then going on offense to put out decent damage

no he's a resto druid, that's why he says "experience tranquility" when he ults

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mercy is insanely good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Efexeye posted:

i think mercy's real fun, whipping out a pistol and watching a tracer or mcree or reaper eat the bullets out of the barrel like pacman is great, you just dont get potgs
You can if 3 or 4 members of your team have the decency to die on an objective simultaneously.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Baby Babbeh posted:

Agree with all of this. Symmetra is one of my favorite characters to play but she takes good situational awareness and an understanding of the map. It also helps to understand which characters she's strong against and not bumrush Genji or something. You kind of want to hang around the outside of the firefight trying not to take sustained fire and then dogpile onto anyone that's injured or engaged with someone else.

She's best around blind corners a lot of the time. Open fields of fire means she can't get close enough to do anything but lob mega slow projectiles that don't hit. Put up a sentry around a corner then lurk out of sight so you can say hello a second or two after it starts going off. In fact, have one right above your head while you wait so when you DO duck out and shoot if you see someone you can't deal with you can hope they chase you right into the mouth of the next sentry in line.

Xguard86 posted:

On Symmetra: I don't play her but the worst Symmetras to deal with plant 1 or two turrets in a million loving places so you're always taking chip damage but can't really clear them or predict them. Plus good teleports and shielding etc. I love the "Death rooms" because I play winston a lot and just sweep them out.

100% this. Vary the positions of the sentries as they get destroyed, too. The first time they come around a corner it's on the left corner of the door, the next it's on the right. Then it's behind a shelf on the other side of the room. Then there are two and also an angry lady with a gun. If you clear out a whole push, press forward and stick two in a place right along the main path that has never had any. Not too much of that because it'll make your backline weak and it's unlikely to kill someone, but you want there to be one or two around during every engagement while the rest are covering flanks. Behind shrubs and inside vendor carts and basically just everywhere. The flying platforms in Volskaya and R66 near the end are also pretty choice -- they don't survive long, but just one can really screw up an enemy engagement and if you have more than like 1 or 2 ready to deploy in reserve at any given moment you're loving up.

She should really be in the Defense category, not support. I often slam-pick her right at the start but end up switching to an actual healer if no one else does.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 6, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Is zenyatta the disc priest of OW?

n-no?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cowcaster posted:

The only fun supports are Symmetra and Zenyatta because they can actually kill poo poo like it's their job but they are also barely supports.

People pick Zen to pretend they're playing support but actually try to snipe people all match long. He's the D.Va of support. :colbert:

And Sym is a completely different beast anyway, she's a support that still requires a support.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

And Sym is a completely different beast anyway, she's a support that still requires a support.

sounds like zen to me

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kehveli posted:

Personally I'd love a more complex healer character to be added. I played healers at a relatively high level in wow arenas and am used to games that are very much reliant on positioning and situational awareness. If I can handle playing my keyboard like a piano while dancing around a pillar, I'm sure a more involved healer hero could be managed.

I'd like a healer class that is more of a frontline disrupter. I don't know, like give him Winston's leap and Mei's ice block abilities, have proximity to the enemy charge up some AoE heal that he can dump on his teammates. So he leaps in, fucks around until he's about to die, turns into an ice block to heal up, leaps back to his team and dumps his healing load. I've given this about 30 seconds of thought.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Zoness posted:

no he's a resto druid, that's why he says "experience tranquility" when he ults

Derp that's right.

I want a healer in OW that focuses on absorbing and heals, but can also hold their own ina fight

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I want a healer in OW that focuses on absorbing and heals, but can also hold their own ina fight

Yeah see this guy gets it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I want a reverse reaper where killing people drops scooby snacks only your teammates can use.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

sounds like zen to me

Both are, but Zen can gently caress off and throw his Buddha Balls around while Sym at least gets you a teleporter occasionally.

Papercut posted:

I'd like a healer class that is more of a frontline disrupter. I don't know, like give him Winston's leap and Mei's ice block abilities, have proximity to the enemy charge up some AoE heal that he can dump on his teammates. So he leaps in, fucks around until he's about to die, turns into an ice block to heal up, leaps back to his team and dumps his healing load. I've given this about 30 seconds of thought.

I'd also like a character that could do everything ever.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
hrmm, the solution is that Lucio should get PotGs showing off his sickest wallgrinds

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Dias posted:

I'd also like a character that could do everything ever.

that's all it says in Soldier 76's description

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
im the guys in this thread suggesting blizzard make heroes that would make current mccree look weak

also a front liner that puts shields on allies exists. she is called zarya. she is very good and fun to play.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Cowcaster posted:

I want a reverse reaper where killing people drops scooby snacks only your teammates can use.
that's basically torbjorn getting armor for teammates via kills

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Knifegrab posted:

So this avoid or prefer player poo poo, does it actually work?

It's probably better to just leave the game and afk for like 2 minutes and you'll get into a game without them

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Peak Pharah - Queen of environmental kills

When you know you got the PotG the second it happens ... LOOK MA, NO ULT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoyC_En64jw

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 6, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I like playing literally every single hero.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Every time I see a Lucio get a PotG without getting an environmental kill I'm extremely impressed. Note that I've probably seen this three times ever.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Minorkos posted:

Lucio stops being exciting when you realize that his gun deals like 64 DPS and the only reason he's relevant is because of his passive healing aura. i guess he also has to press E when enemies appear but that's about it

Try going to speed aura sometimes. Lucio and a Reinhardt can completely destroy many 6 man defenses by themselves with a well timed Sound Barrier and Speed Boost.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Knifegrab posted:

I like playing literally every single hero.

Yeah even Zenyatta is fun just because his autos are cool as poo poo and it's fun sometimes to play the 1 stupid champion in the game for a little bit

There's no bad Overwatch characters, only good ones and ones that needs nerfs

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
dva should get buffed, actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

i would unironically play this

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Zenyatta sounds like exactly the kind of support you guys want. You need to have positional awareness because all of his skills are reliant on line-of-sight like Lucio, and you need situational awareness because you are literally a piece of paper. You also need skill to land those danknasty 140 damage headshot snipes. If you are rolling the team out with Zenyatta, then you get to use his Ult very freely which is the biggest AoE heal per second in the game on top of being one of like three true invulnerabilities.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cowcaster posted:

that would actually make for a pretty neat support mechanic, probably some sort of tanky support that wants to spread damage around. we already have the focus dudes down support (zenyatta)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
supports - or at least, healer ones - need to be able to heal allies both during and after firefights. that's really the big hurdle with a vampire-style healer unless they have some other way to heal people up.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

supports - or at least, healer ones - need to be able to heal allies both during and after firefights. that's really the big hurdle with a vampire-style healer unless they have some other way to heal people up.

having a mechanic that heals more based on how many people you hit would be cool. basically a dude that really rocks in huge teamfights, but sucks at topping off.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Sacrifice their own health or pick up "blood scraps" that they can then drop health packs on the ground, like with Torby's armour packs?

They can be super edgy like Reaper and say, "IV's over here" in a dark booming voice

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Afraid of Audio posted:

dva should get buffed, actually

:agreed:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The next hero should be a medkit with tiny legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Keep D.Va in the dumpster where she belongs, next to anything else Kpop related.